Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2021, 01:31   #1021
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Hey guys! My Creta's passenger side door wouldn't open when I pull the lever. It opens on pulling the door handle from outside. The lock also works perfectly. It's just that pulling the open lever has no effect on the door opening. Can anyone help?
The child lock might have got engaged. Check once on that.

Last edited by Sheel : 15th August 2021 at 08:58. Reason: Quoted post is edited. Thanks.
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 08:56   #1022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
The child lock might have got engaged. Check once on that.
Nopes, child lock doesn't seem to be the cause.
Old 15th August 2021, 16:31   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Nopes, child lock doesn't seem to be the cause.
Sorry for not asking this earlier but is there a child lock setting at all for the front passenger door? I only know of the child lock on the rear doors
iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 15:24   #1024
BHPian

Just completed the second service of my SXO IVT at Sai Auto Hyundai Powai. (3500 odd km)
I reached at 930 in the morning, and since I was the first one to arrive, I was promptly attended to. After, a quick inspection, the car was shifted to the service bay.
I insisted that I wanted to check the air filter and the AC filter myself and in no time the service technician showed this to me. Next, I requested him to change the engine oil and filter in my presence and this too was done without any fuss. Along with this, I got an opportunity to inspect the underbody of the car as well. All this was completed within an hour of me reaching the service center.
I didn't bother them any further and the car was delivered to me 3 hrs later cleaned thoroughly.
The only charges I had to pay was for the oil and the filter (around 2000rs).
AK79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 02:35   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK79 View Post
Just completed the second service of my SXO IVT at Sai Auto Hyundai Powai...The only charges I had to pay was for the oil and the filter (around 2000rs).
Good that they did not harass you to opt for ancillary services like teflon, underbody coating etc. Heard some horror stories from friends who went there and had a harrowing time saying NO to everything that the staff was trying to shove down their throats!

How's the IVT treating you though? Any major highway runs? Awaiting delivery of the SX(O) IVT myself. Wish you many happy miles ahead
Old 17th August 2021, 08:13   #1026
BHPian

I purchased the Hyundai Creta GDI turbo DCT SX(O) and the car was delivered to me on the eve of Independence Day. The purchase was processed using the CSD option as I am a retired IAF person. That means that some procedures that take a little extra time to complete have to be adhered to, even now when the process is completely online.
I had booked my car with Ms.Trident Hyundai at the Old Airport road branch, Kodigehalli, Bangalore. The entire operation, from paying the booking amount upto delivery took a month.
The Trident Hyundai Branch Manager, Mr. Saravanan had correctly informed me at the start that he should be able to procure the car for me as estimated and that a diesel variant would take approximately 2 months after booking. I chose the petrol option and my colour choice of the dual tone lave orange black.
During the intervening wait time, I interacted with Mr. Saravanan, Mr.Shaik Mujeeb, Sales Consultant as well as Mr. Vinod, CSD consultant and employee of Trident Automobiles. Every query I had, whether technical, procedural ,insurance related,Shield of trust, extended warranty(opted for 5 years/ 1 lakh km option at a small additional cost), standard fitment options were answered clearly and patiently. I did not detect nor experience any attempt at imposition during the process.
The collection of the car was very efficient. The car was ceramic coated( opted to get it done through the Trident vendor at an additional ₹27000/-) and the car was a joy to see as the lava orange black dual looks better in real life than in the pictures.
The features and other onboard systems have covered in great detail earlier in this thread.I cannot add more than what is already there.
Driving the car is better than expected based on the short test drive which was by itself quite satisfactory.I have logged around 300 km mostly in short drives and one drive on the Kolar highway. Mileage details not being shared as it was also about checking the various features and drive options available and there was heavy traffic at the time, including long lines at the toll plaza. Suffice to say, all the features worked as designed.
I liked the blue link facility very much. I was able to customise it for the various modes available in about two hours thanks in great part to the assurance of Mr. Mohammad from the Trident Hyundai support team.
Maybe I was lucky or more likely, I was the recipient of service from a well oiled team that functioned seamlessly. I think the latter is the case. In this case, the product being a good one also helped. I wish you a pleasant buying experience too. Thank you
ramases6 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 09:03   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Good that they did not harass you to opt for ancillary services like teflon, underbody coating etc. Heard some horror stories from friends who went there and had a harrowing time saying NO to everything that the staff was trying to shove down their throats!

How's the IVT treating you though? Any major highway runs? Awaiting delivery of the SX(O) IVT myself. Wish you many happy miles ahead
My previous car was a Hyundai i10 Asta Automatic. I have been to various Hyundai service centres (Thane Pokhran Road, Thane Kolshet road and Powai) over the last 9 years and the experience everywhere has only been pleasant. Yes, the service advisors do suggest these extra services (just doing their job). But I have always insisted on doing an underbody inspection and after the inspection with them, they have always agreed themselves that these services are not required for my car. That may be so because my annual running has always been around 5000 km only.

Regarding the Creta IVT, coming from an i10 automatic, it is a big upgrade. I am a laid back driver and hence it suits my driving style just fine. But you will have no problem overtaking on the highways when you need to. I have driven to Lonavala, Nashik and Alibaug (at least 2 times each) over the last one year end the highway experience is great. You can only thank yourself for choosing the SXO .
AK79 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 15:48   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramases6 View Post
I purchased the Hyundai Creta GDI turbo DCT SX(O) and the car was delivered to me on the eve of Independence Day. The purchase was processed using the CSD option as I am a retired IAF person. The entire operation, from paying the booking amount upto delivery took a month...
Getting the Creta delivered within a month is truly a miracle, considering the long wait time currently. You're truly lucky ramases6. Congratulations on your Lava Orange beast and wish you happy motoring ahead. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK79 View Post
Regarding the Creta IVT, coming from an i10 automatic, it is a big upgrade. I am a laid back driver and hence it suits my driving style just fine. But you will have no problem overtaking on the highways when you need to. I have driven to Lonavala, Nashik and Alibaug (at least 2 times each) over the last one year end the highway experience is great. You can only thank yourself for choosing the SXO .
That's great to hear. Thank you AK79. Let's see when I get delivery now; hopefully before the end of the year!
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 16:35   #1029
BHPian

Thank you Nikhil. I consider myself lucky on many counts too, the Creta turbo is fun to drive, I’m enjoying the bells and whistles, the waiting period was short, given the circumstances presently and the buying experience pleasant. The stars must have been aligned.
I wish you have a pleasant experience as well and that you get your car soon. Regards
ramases6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 14:21   #1030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-BHP View Post
Interim Update 2 - Some interesting (but non-conclusive) Update - | My Ongoing Nightmarish Sales Experience with Hyundai | Capital Hyundai, Noida
Quote:
My Planned Next Steps:
After thinking a lot, I came to the conclusion that this whole reached a point where cancelling this booking would not make any difference for Hyundai (as they have 1000’s of customers like me so they don’t give a hoot about us as customers). I am thinking about the following:
Email Track:
As the first step, I am planning to send a reminder mail to Hyundai marking all the higher up (whatever I can find) clearly stating my intentions to go on social media along with publishing the copy of emails on social media.
Worst case, if there is still no response even after a week then I will start couriering printout of all the emails on a weekly basis to Mr. Vikas Jain at Hyundai (at Gurugram).
Social Media Track:
Not sure if this is the right approach but if Hyundai is giving me lemons then at least let me enjoy the lemonade . Do let know if you guys have any other idea.
Interim Update 3 – Interesting & Conclusive (fingers crossed) Update

As I have mentioned in my earlier post, since there was no response from Hyundai, I sent a reminder mail to Hyundai and this time I addressed it to Mr. Vikas Jain (Vice President, Unit Head - Sales, M/s. Hyundai Motor India Limited), Mr. Sudhir Peethambaran (Head - CRM, M/s. Hyundai Motor India Limited) and Mr. Pankaj Tiwari (Assistant Vice President, M/s. Hyundai Motor India Limited). I did not had their email address but I still send it to the available email addresses with me.

I am attaching the mail for everyone’s reference. Though the mail is long but it would be an interesting (and part funny) reading for anyone who is interested.

Some extracts from the email:

Quote:
The next steps:

I am not someone who likes to stretch things and I have been extremely patient with all my dealing with Hyundai (I hope the Capital Hyundai team can vouch for the same). I have not even raised my voice even once wherein I have been at the receiving end of this whole ordeal. Not even once I went to the dealership to create a scene. But it seems that the Hyundai team is gung-ho about blocking my arteries due to stress for this car. I am doing the following things (as you guys have pushed me a lot):
  • Posted my ordeal on TeamBHP Forum (already done): I have posted about my experience and order deal at TeamBHP forum under the official Creta 2020 Review. I am attaching the few responses of members for Hyundai India. I will post all the updates (including this mail) so things are transparent for everyone including prospective buyers and media houses.
  • Emails (already done): I have already sent out emails to Hyundai and from now on will keep on sending reminders to the mail till anyone within your team takes the pain to respond or call me.
  • Hard Copy Letter (will do it in case there is no response/car allocation this month): Since no one in Hyundai respond to the emails (I did not even receive an automated acknowledgement) I will print and send a weekly digest of all the emails (which I have sent) to your new HQ at Gurugram (by the way its a great office - coincidentally I was present at the occasion of foundation stone being laid by Mr. Rakesh Srivastava at the beginning of 2018). I will try to print all the emails, web posts and social media posts and courier them to Mr. Vikas, Mr. Sudhir (Hyundai) and Mr. Pankaj every Friday.
  • Social Media (will do in case there is no car allocation this month): While I personally do not want to go public on this but Hyundai India has not left any other option for me. I will keep the tone of the social media posts/mail funny as Hyundai has made their customers a joke.
Quote:
I would also like to apologise to the Hyundai India team as any complaint from a prospective customer's bogs you down (at least I would like to believe that it does for the Hyundai India team) but frankly, this whole episode has disturbed me deeply. I know what it takes to build a brand and even one negative review/customer perception brings lots of disappointment. Your journey in India has been tremendous and I know you all have worked hard on it but let's face the fact, this is not the way to handle success. This is not the way to handle customers. Let's try to be a bit more prompt, courteous and committed.

I know, as a brand all my mails, my posts, my efforts might not (rather will not) affect you but I will try whatever is possible for me to do. Do remember for every customer complaint there are 100's of other unhappy customers who have remained silent.
The aftermath of the Email

After sending the mail, I got a call from the dealer representative and she was literally laughing after reading the mail. As I have mentioned earlier, since I had nothing to lose, I went with the humourous way. She said that while getting the car this month is not possible as pan India allocations are completed but for sure the car would be allocated the next month. She mentioned that since I have again sent the mail, Hyundai might be able to do something on their end but I should not keep my hopes high.

Post this call there was absolute silence. No revert on the mail (again no auto-response), no calls from Hyundai (only the dealer called). While this was expected, but I was disappointed and hence I went to the second step.

Dispatch of hard copy

After the reminder mail, I couriered the hard copy letter along the copy of emails and other attachments individually to Mr. Vikas Jain, Mr. Sudhir Peethambaran and Mr. Pankaj Tiwari at the new HQ based out at Gurgaon. The same was delivered to the address the very next day (i.e. on Saturday).

The silence continued for Monday also. No call, no email and no acknowledgement. I was planning to go for the third step i.e. going on social media and started working on the ideas of memes for the same. But then..

Finally, The Call (but not from Hyundai)

On Tuesday morning, I got a call from my GM Sales of Capital Hyundai. He congratulated me and said that the car has especially been allocated to me and they will get the VIN by evening. He said that he needs confirmation from my side that I have satisfied with the resolution. I thanked him for his efforts and told him that I will send the email as soon as I get the VIN.
In the evening, I got the call from the dealer CRM team that they have received the VIN and GM Sales is mailing the same. I got the mail in the next 5 mins with the VIN details and I have been told the car will be in transit soon and should reach in the next 10 days. I have sent the appropriate reply to the mail (stating my satisfaction with the resolution) and also mentioned that the provided VIN is of only 17 digits (the last two digits stating the month is missing). The dealer said that the same would be given once the vehicle is in transit.

I still have the concern regarding the month of manufacturing but I feel since the vehicle is so much in demand, it should not be an old stock (or probably I am again being naïve here). What do you guys think? I will keep you guys updated on this.

The points which still bothers me:
  • While I understand that there is a big demand-supply gap here but I am still not able to understand why Hyundai did not respond to email or called even once. I can understand that the Hyundai team did their job (in the background) and then only the car was allocated but why everything was routed only through the dealer. What if tomorrow I face some issue with the dealer? Will Hyundai again route things through dealer only?
  • Another point is that Hyundai managed to somehow get a car even after all the allocations were completed which means that allocation is actually dynamic. There is a possibility that since the cars do get allocated out of turn also through the Clicktobuy platform, the car could have been from that lot.
  • There is no transparency in the process. I made the noise after losing my patience in Aug and the car was allocated in 12 days from the date of lodging the complaint. What if, if I had lost my cool earlier (say in July). Will, that would have resulted in the same?

Lessons Learnt

While I am still not sure if my complaint, my post on TeamBHP, my mails, my letters made the impact or it was the dealer or Hyundai who did the magic (or it is all a coincidence) but yes creating noise does make few things move.
I am still sceptical about the delivery commitments (will be sure only after the PDI) as there's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I am attaching the mail for everyone’s reference. Will keep you all posted.

** I have masked the names of the who are not publicly available in the mail and the post for individual privacy purposes.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 20th August 2021 at 22:50. Reason: Merged the posts. Thanks
HP-BHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 22:47   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
[*] Another point is that Hyundai managed to somehow get a car even after all the allocations were completed which means that allocation is actually dynamic. There is a possibility that since the cars do get allocated out of turn also through the Clicktobuy platform, the car could have been from that lot.[*] There is no transparency in the process. I made the noise after losing my patience in Aug and the car was allocated in 12 days from the date of lodging the complaint. What if, if I had lost my cool earlier (say in July). Will, that would have resulted in the same?

While I am still not sure if my complaint, my post on TeamBHP, my mails, my letters made the impact or it was the dealer or Hyundai who did the magic (or it is all a coincidence) but yes creating noise does make few things move.
I am still sceptical about the delivery commitments (will be sure only after the PDI) as there's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip so I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Firstly, a shade of congratulations is definitely in order! This definitely shows that your patience and then ultimately, losing it, has made some events move in the background. Will reserve the hearty congratulations once you actually take delivery of the car

I think it's naive of us customers to expect that these companies do everything by the rule book. One call from the higher-ups in the management and things get moving: typical Corporate fashion! Basically, anything can happen if these bosses want it to; definitely they have a quota of cars at their disposal. The process is entirely opaque; not a shred of transparency.

Don't let your guard down just yet, unless the vehicle lands from the factory and is actually available for PDI. Do your PDI diligently and make sure all papers are in order, just in case the dealer is trying to pull some wool over your eyes! Knowing the underhanded tactics of dealers these days, you never know what shady stuff they're up to.

P.s. Hope the mention of T-BHP in all your communication to Hyundai managed to play atleast a tiny role in the company taking notice of your grievance.

Once again, kudos to you for keeping up the good fight; you've made all of us proud Do keep us posted in the coming days.

Last edited by IamNikhil : 20th August 2021 at 22:48. Reason: Typo
Old 20th August 2021, 23:37   #1032
BHPian

Yes things move in the right direction if you know the higher ups. I was surprised to see the shortage of the SX model. But it was alloted to me within a month and the PDI is done too. Registration should be by next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20210820wa0063.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20210820wa0061.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20210820wa0060.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20210820wa0059.jpg  

Last edited by hareshjethwani : 20th August 2021 at 23:43.
hareshjethwani is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 23:04   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Firstly, a shade of congratulations is definitely in order! This definitely shows that your patience and then ultimately, losing it, has made some events move in the background. Will reserve the hearty congratulations once you actually take delivery of the car
P.s. Hope the mention of T-BHP in all your communication to Hyundai managed to play atleast a tiny role in the company taking notice of your grievance.
Once again, kudos to you for keeping up the good fight; you've made all of us proud Do keep us posted in the coming days.
Thanks for your kind words. I hope things goes well from here. I will be finally happy when the car is delivered.

I am sure that the name of TeamBHP, the post in the official review helped a lot. Also, I feel that sending the hardcopy of all the communication to the top shot of Hyundai did brought in some attention to misery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareshjethwani View Post
Yes things move in the right direction if you know the higher ups. I was surprised to see the shortage of the SX model. But it was alloted to me within a month and the PDI is done too. Registration should be by next week.
Congratulation!!! You are one lucky man. Probably few of the last people in India to get an Creta SX. It is very hard to come by now.

One query with the experts:

I have still not received the 19 digit VIN. The dealer has only give the 17 digit VIN as of now. According to him, the same will come once the car has arrives. Does it happen like this only? As far as I remember, when I purchased i20 the 19 digit VIN was given the day car was in transit.

Another query regarding the Bose Speaker:

I was going through one Youtube video for the new i20 and I understood that in the Asta variant, all the speakers are not from Bose.

Basically, the speakers in both rear doors are not from Bose. The rear speaker does not have the Bose branding on the speaker when you dismantle the door. It's only the front doors and subwoofer that has the Bose speaker (as per the branding on the speakers) but other speakers are not.

Front Doors:

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-hyundai_i20_front_speakers_bose.jpg

The speaker grill (i.e. the part which you can see on the door normally) does have the bose batching.

Rear Door:

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-hyundai_i20_rear_speakers.jpg

Check out the video (starting from 5:10 min to 7:00 min):

Many people have complained that the rear speaker does not sound as good as the front speakers on the new i20. Can this be the reason? Is this not amount to cheating or at least False advertising?

Is this the same case with Creta also? Any idea?
HP-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 07:50   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
One query with the experts:

I have still not received the 19 digit VIN. The dealer has only give the 17 digit VIN as of now. According to him, the same will come once the car has arrives. Does it happen like this only? As far as I remember, when I purchased i20 the 19 digit VIN was given the day car was in transit.

Another query regarding the Bose Speaker:

All the papers of the car only include the 17 digit VIN and hence that is shared with you once the car is allocated to you. The 19 digit VIN is only available in the car itself. The dealer should be able to share a snapshot of the 19 digit VIN once the car arrives in the stockyard.

As for the speakers, all speakers do have a Bose branding.

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd August 2021 at 08:25. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
AK79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 11:33   #1035
BHPian

Quote:

...Many people have complained that the rear speaker does not sound as good as the front speakers on the new i20. Can this be the reason? Is this not amount to cheating or at least False advertising?

Car documents mention the 17 digit VIN. Once the car arrives at the Dealer yard, they'll be able to share a photo of the 19 digit VIN printed on the car. Nothing to worry there.

All speakers in the Creta carry Bose branding. They may not be as good as Bose products usually, but atleast the branding mentions Bose

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks