Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2021, 19:22   #1126
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-BHP View Post
Welcome to the Team-BHP family. Unless someone from top management of Hyundai is not assuring you, the delivery commitment of 90 days for Creta SXO IVT should be taking with truckload of salt. Average waiting has been 7 – 8 months since Jan 2021.

When you would have booked the car, you would have received a message from Hyundai (on SMS if you are a first time Hyundai buyer or on Whatsapp if your number is registered with them) along with your booking reference id. Your car would be allocated to this booking reference id only. While the forms signed by you during the booking will not have this id but you do receive the same directly from Hyundai.

In case you have not received the same from Hyundai, then please call your dealer and ask for the same.
Thanks for the detailed comments! I don't have any message from Hyundai. Yes, the 90 day commit seems now like a bait that I took. Let me see if I can get to share the booking ref id. I have a hunch that they may not have been put this in the system.
Old 28th September 2021, 19:31   #1127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Which insurance company have you gone with and what was the premium?

I had shortlisted ICICI Lombard, Bajaj Allianz and HDFC ERGO as I had prior experience with them and also didn't want to go for dirt cheap quotes from lesser known companies. I went with ICICI as their quote of 50k was the most competitive for the same coverage and add-ons. I opted for zero depreciation, return to invoice, engine protection, consumables, road side assistance, loss of key and belongings (they offered free GPS tracking device). Dealer quoted 80k without RTI cover and was in no mood to negotiate. I was OK to pay slightly higher than 50k for outside insurance and didn't want to give in to dealer's arm twist technique. Though the dealer did try to create an issue on the policy issued saying the QR code doesn't work but it was all sorted by escalation to higher ups and a bit of scolding from me.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 28th September 2021 at 19:33.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 23:47   #1128

Quote:
Users have reported Creta 10.2 AVN going blank sometimes and almost all the time shutting the car down and starting it again helps the system to become normal again. You can also reset the AVN by pressing the reset button with a sim ejector pin for several seconds.

Since your running is high, going with an extended warranty make sense. You can go with a 4th & 5th Year 120K or 140K extended warranty.

Since you are using an automatic variant, SOT would not be very useful but you can check the SOT Super. Please check the details in the following post:
Thanks Will drop the SOT and take the extended warranty for 4th&5th yr 120k @ Rs. 26711/-

Regarding SOT Super - I spoke to CRM at Hyundal Service station and she informed me that they themselves don’t have any clear information regarding the pricing structure of SOT super from Hyundai (fishy or true??)... so they are keeping it at bay for now... she said she will inform me once they get a clarity on it.
But she didn’t have any answer to my query.... what if by the time they get clarity... I m through the second service... will it still be applicable for me to buy it....??
Syperam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 01:27   #1129
BHPian

Quote:
When you would have booked the car, you would have received a message from Hyundai (on SMS if you are a first time Hyundai buyer or on Whatsapp if your number is registered with them) along with your booking reference id. Your car would be allocated to this booking reference id only. While the forms signed by you during the booking will not have this id but you do receive the same directly from Hyundai.
Wasn't aware of this! Have booked in July, but haven't received any message from Hyundai. The dealer has only shared a booking receipt.
Old 29th September 2021, 05:47   #1130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Wasn't aware of this! Have booked in July, but haven't received any message from Hyundai. The dealer has only shared a booking receipt.
I have a feeling that something fishy is going on with the way dealers are taking the booking. I also did not receive any sms directly from Hyundai when I booked in March. The only sms I received was from dealer (standard message) which thanked me for booking with them and had the SA details for follow up. Yesterday when the dealer was generating my invoice, I got sms from Hyundai with an OTP to share with dealer. Someone from dealership called me to ask for this OTP to continue with my booking. When I said I am getting the delivery, she fumbled and didn't answer. Then said "sir it is for generating invoice". After that, I again got couple of calls from different people from same dealership mentioning that as per their system I enquired about Creta so they are following up. My SA also dodged the question on why OTP is needed now and why I'm getting sms about new booking.
--------
"Dear Customer, Congratulations on booking of Hyundai Car, Please share this verification code xxxxxx with Dealership to confirm your Car Booking in system"
---------

After reading some posts here, I am trying to connect the dots. It appears to me that the dealer is taking booking in his system but not updating Hyundai records. Hence no sms from Hyundai at the time of booking. Now since there is no official tracking, he can allot vehicle as per his wish. Once time of allocation is near (which is totally up to them), they make official entry with Hyundai to get the paperwork rolling. This is totally my theory but the way things have been handled by dealership, I'll not be surprised if this is true.

Did anyone else face similar situation with their booking and delivery?
Aviator_guy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 08:27   #1131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I have a feeling that something fishy is going on with the way dealers are taking the booking. I also did not receive any sms directly from Hyundai when I booked in March. The only sms I received was from dealer (standard message) which thanked me for booking with them and had the SA details for follow up. Yesterday when the dealer was generating my invoice, I got sms from Hyundai with an OTP to share with dealer. Someone from dealership called me to ask for this OTP to continue with my booking. When I said I am getting the delivery, she fumbled and didn't answer. Then said "sir it is for generating invoice". After that, I again got couple of calls from different people from same dealership mentioning that as per their system I enquired about Creta so they are following up. My SA also dodged the question on why OTP is needed now and why I'm getting sms about new booking.
--------
"Dear Customer, Congratulations on booking of Hyundai Car, Please share this verification code xxxxxx with Dealership to confirm your Car Booking in system"
---------

After reading some posts here, I am trying to connect the dots. It appears to me that the dealer is taking booking in his system but not updating Hyundai records. Hence no sms from Hyundai at the time of booking. Now since there is no official tracking, he can allot vehicle as per his wish. Once time of allocation is near (which is totally up to them), they make official entry with Hyundai to get the paperwork rolling. This is totally my theory but the way things have been handled by dealership, I'll not be surprised if this is true.

Well, looks like I am in the same boat. Only the advance receipt given, no booking ID given, no message from Hyundai confirming order. Totally fishy. I sent a message to my SA yesterday after seeing the posts by HP-BHP ji. The SA responded saying he will share booking ID today. Let's see.
Old 29th September 2021, 09:43   #1132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
Well, looks like I am in the same boat. Only the advance receipt given, no booking ID given, no message from Hyundai confirming order. Totally fishy. I sent a message to my SA yesterday after seeing the posts by HP-BHP ji. The SA responded saying he will share booking ID today. Let's see.
So, I got on a chat with Hyundai support. They had my old car on record but no record of my Creta booking. They were also trying to dodge a bit saying sometimes the dealer booking may not show up in the system. The agent also said only the dealer or the regional office will be able to further clarify on bookings or delivery.

Super opaque process and totally impacts trust.
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 13:37   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
After reading some posts here, I am trying to connect the dots. It appears to me that the dealer is taking booking in his system but not updating Hyundai records. Hence no sms from Hyundai at the time of booking. Now since there is no official tracking, he can allot vehicle as per his wish. Once time of allocation is near (which is totally up to them), they make official entry with Hyundai to get the paperwork rolling. This is totally my theory but the way things have been handled by dealership, I'll not be surprised if this is
Quote:
Well, looks like I am in the same boat. Only the advance receipt given, no booking ID given, no message from Hyundai confirming order. Totally fishy. I sent a message to my SA yesterday after seeing the posts by HP-BHP ji. The SA responded saying he will share booking ID today
I spoke to the SA today. He tried dodging my query, but I was extremely insistent and told him about the process being followed in other bookings made by people known to me. He grudgingly said he will check internally and get back.

There is definitely a lot of shady stuff happening at the dealership-level, which is not possible without connivance with Hyundai. If they don't share the booking ID, I'm not sure what should be our further course of action. TBHP experts, please advise.
IamNikhil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 14:42   #1134
Senior - BHPian

E/S/EX owners who have got aftermarket or dealer fitted steering wheel leather wrap, kindly share pictures?
Old 29th September 2021, 15:02   #1135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I spoke to the SA today. He tried dodging my query, but I was extremely insistent and told him about the process being followed in other bookings made by people known to me. He grudgingly said he will check internally and get back.

There is definitely a lot of shady stuff happening at the dealership-level, which is not possible without connivance with Hyundai. If they don't share the booking ID, I'm not sure what should be our further course of action. TBHP experts, please advise.
I guess the best way to book would be directly on Hyundai website. I have seen some earlier posts where people have mentioned getting early delivery if booked online. The supposedly long wait list looks to be artificial given these loopholes in the system.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 15:08   #1136
BHPian

Quote:
I had shortlisted ICICI Lombard, Bajaj Allianz and HDFC ERGO as I had prior experience with them and also didn't want to go for dirt cheap quotes from lesser-known companies. I went with ICICI as their quote of 50k was the most competitive for the same coverage and add-ons. I opted for zero depreciation, return to invoice, engine protection, consumables, road side assistance, loss of key and belongings (they offered free GPS tracking device). Dealer quoted 80k without RTI cover and was in no mood to negotiate. I was OK to pay slightly higher than 50k for outside insurance and didn't want to give in to dealer's arm twist technique. Though the dealer did try to create an issue on the policy issued saying the QR code doesn't work but it was all sorted by escalation to higher ups and a bit of scolding from me.
ICICI Lombard is a good insurance provider and Rs. 50K for Creta SX(O) IVT is a very good quote. Any idea where the GPS tracking device would get installed? In the OBD port? QR code do make things easy at RTO level but it is still not been made mandatory.

My insurance was through the dealer under the Hyundai Insurance program and I got the insurance from Bharti AXA. Incidentally, Bharti AXA General Insurance is now part of ICICI Lombard General Insurance (from 8th Sept onwards).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syperam View Post
Regarding SOT Super - I spoke to CRM at Hyundal Service station and she informed me that they themselves don’t have any clear information regarding the pricing structure of SOT super from Hyundai (fishy or true??)... so they are keeping it at bay for now... she said she will inform me once they get a clarity on it.
But she didn’t have any answer to my query.... what if by the time they get clarity... I m through the second service... will it still be applicable for me to buy it....??
There is actually not much clarity regarding the SOT Super. I have heard that it cost around 30K for 5 years for Creta Petrol but I could not get a firm confirmation on the same. I will be going for my first service in the next few days and I will try to get the details out.

There is a chance that dealers might not be pushing for SOT Super as it includes consumables and labour which is a big chunk of margin for them.

Quote:
Quote:
I have a feeling that something fishy is going on with the way dealers are taking the booking. I also did not receive any sms directly from Hyundai when I booked in March. The only sms I received was from dealer (standard message) which thanked me for booking with them and had the SA details for follow up. After reading some posts here, I am trying to connect the dots. It appears to me that the dealer is taking booking in his system but not updating Hyundai records. Hence no sms from Hyundai at the time of booking. Now since there is no official tracking, he can allot vehicle as per his wish. Once time of allocation is near (which is totally up to them), they make official entry with Hyundai to get the paperwork rolling. This is totally my theory but the way things have been handled by dealership, I'll not be surprised if this is true.

Quote:
Quote:
So, I got on a chat with Hyundai support. They had my old car on record but no record of my Creta booking. They were also trying to dodge a bit saying sometimes the dealer booking may not show up in the system. The agent also said only the dealer or the regional office will be able to further clarify on bookings or delivery. Super opaque process and totally impacts trust.
Quote:

Please find the screenshot of the Booking ID which I received directly from Hyundai India (it is a verified account by Whatsapp). As you can see the date and time (it’s 2nd Jan 2021, 1:59 PM), I received it along with the SMS from the dealer which has the SA name and number.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot_20210929071647_whatsapp.jpg
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot_20210929071703_whatsapp.jpg

This booking id is definitely from Hyundai’s system as when I escalated my matter to the customer care team, I mentioned the booking id to them and they were able to pull the records of my booking (along with details of the dealer, date of booking, car model, variant and colour).

As far as I remember, Hyundai has been giving the booking reference id for a very long time. When I booked Elite i20 (in 2015) then also (as far as I can recall), I did receive the booking reference id on SMS.

It is surprising that so many people have not received booking id from Hyundai. It seems that something is fishy at the dealer level here.
HP-BHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 15:20   #1137
BHPian

Quote:
This booking id is definitely from Hyundai’s system as when I escalated my matter to the customer care team, I mentioned the booking id to them and they were able to pull the records of my booking (along with details of the dealer, date of booking, car model, variant and colour).

As far as I remember, Hyundai has been giving the booking reference id for a very long time. When I booked Elite i20 (in 2015) then also (as far as I can recall), I did receive the booking reference id on SMS.

It is surprising that so many people have not received booking id from Hyundai. It seems that something is fishy at the dealer level here.
Thank you for sharing this information. This, along with what I heard from Hyundai's customer care this morning, makes me think that there is some weird dynamic going on between the dealers, and the HMIL regional offices are involved as well. Again, it's just my speculation but one can easily deduce that, in the absence of an order in the system + lack of order information from dealer, there has been no "formal, accountable" orders placed and they are working off of a separate priority queue decided based on whatever suits their fancy.
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 15:37   #1138
BHPian

Quote:
....It is surprising that so many people have not received booking id from Hyundai. It seems that something is fishy at the dealer level here....
I never received any booking ID, its been 2 months since my booking. In the mean time, the delivery estimate was increased by 3 months by the dealer and Hyundai increased the price once. Dealer agreed for 52K for insurance but I won't get 5 year wonder warranty in that case. Must purchase extended warranty if I want to. My father who has till date owned 15 cars in his lifetime has strongly advised me to cancel the booking and book other car. His point is no car is worth waiting for 7-8 months since we aren't solving for any niche use case. We inquired at 2 other Hyundai dealers too but the high-headedness from them wasn't worth booking with them (e.g: no sell or booking if I am getting my own insurance. I offered to buy insurance from them provided they match at least 90% price but they declined). I am super close to cancelling my booking now after going through this ordeal.

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 29th September 2021 at 15:40. Reason: Additional comments
sam264_2000 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 16:14   #1139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
....I never received any booking ID, its been 2 months since my booking....
Forgot to add, that I followed up with the SA twice to share the booking ID, which he did on my 3rd follow up but given the above posts, my guess is he hasn't even punched the booking into the Hyundai systems since I haven't received any SMS from Hyundai.
Old 29th September 2021, 16:17   #1140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
I never received any booking ID, its been 2 months since my booking. In the mean time, the delivery estimate was increased by 3 months by the dealer and Hyundai increased the price once. Dealer agreed for 52K for insurance but I won't get 5 year wonder warranty in that case. Must purchase extended warranty if I want to. My father who has till date owned 15 cars in his lifetime has strongly advised me to cancel the booking and book other car. His point is no car is worth waiting for 7-8 months since we aren't solving for any niche use case. We inquired at 2 other Hyundai dealers too but the high-headedness from them wasn't worth booking with them (e.g: no sell or booking if I am getting my own insurance. I offered to buy insurance from them provided they match at least 90% price but they declined). I am super close to cancelling my booking now after going through this ordeal.
This is ridiculous! The dealer is taking you for ride. What is the name of the dealer?

Wonder warranty is offered by Hyundai free of charge. You can opt from 3 Years - Unlimited KMs, 4 Years - 60K KMs and 5 Years - 50K KMs. While taking the delivery, you need to select the tenure for the wonder warranty and there are no charges for the same.

Name:  wonderwarranty.png
Views: 1174
Size:  28.1 KB

The dealer is just pushing you to take an extended warranty to increase his sales number.

The waiting period for SX(O) is highest for IVT, followed by Diesel Automatic. Least is for DCT.

SX Executive Manual is currently available the quickest. You can get the same in 1 to 2 months

Last edited by HP-BHP : 29th September 2021 at 16:19.
HP-BHP is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks