Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2023, 10:54   #1876
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
I own a 2020 SX(O) DCT and felt the inadequate throw from the specially designed Trio-beam headlights and the miniscule halogen bulb in the fog lamp assembly in the first month of ownership, when I was driving and my friend asked me to switch on the headlights as it was getting dark and those were already switched on . There were instances where I was really finding it difficult to see especially in rains or on a well light street.
Gosh, same thing happened with me as well.
Going on a late night/early morning drive and missus, who incidentally also drives and has been driving for good 15-20 years, sitting besides says 'Start the headlights, can't even see the road'
A wistful look towards her, since the lights were already ON!!!

Thanks for your view. Changing to LED was also suggested by the Sales Manager at Hyundai.
But am thinking of going one step ahead. Ordering IPH M617 Fog Projectors and looking to instal it. HASS Person has told me that if the electric wires aren't cut - there will be no voiding of the warranty. And was explicitly told to me by an installer that the warranty won't be voided since wires won't be cut.
Amit from Blaze told me that the Fog Projector also is a simple set up and could be easily done by a local guy as well.

So let me see. Hopefully the results are something to write home about!

Last edited by Sheel : 10th August 2023 at 08:59. Reason: Mod note attached.
Roark is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 11:19   #1877
BHPian

Quote:
Someone suggested an upgrade of the fog lamps from the 35W halogen bulb to a 35W LED from the Brand Excelite which is the OEM bulb.
I have seen a lot of improvement in the visibility after the upgrade and have suggested this change to many of my friends.

How much does this Excelite LED cost? I am planning to upgrade my Creta 2022 model fog lights, as I find the headlight throw is really inadequate.

Where did you get these installed in Bangalore?
Old 8th August 2023, 12:19   #1878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
How much does this Excelite LED cost? I am planning to upgrade my Creta 2022 model fog lights, as I find the headlight throw is really inadequate.

Where did you get these installed in Bangalore?
I think i paid ~5.5k to a distributor in JC road who sent a person to install these at my place.
In case anyone wants to reach out, pls use the below number.
Prakash premier car decor - +91 99007 88214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roark View Post
But am thinking of going one step ahead. Ordering IPH M617 Fog Projectors and looking to install it. HASS Person has told me that if the electric wires aren't cut - there will be no voiding of the warranty. And was explicitly told to me by an installer that the warranty won't be voided since wires won't be cut.
So let me see. Hopefully the results are something to write home about!
I was thinking abt this option also but was skeptical abt the installation process and warranty tantrums by Hyundai later on. In case you are going ahead with this option, do let us know the feedback and the costing.

Last edited by D'Ro@dSt@r : 8th August 2023 at 12:47.
Old 8th August 2023, 15:57   #1879
BHPian

Quote:
I think i paid ~5.5k to a distributor in JC road who sent a person to install these at my place.
In case anyone wants to reach out, pls use the below number.
Prakash premier car decor - +91 99007 88214

I was thinking abt this option also but was skeptical abt the installation process and warranty tantrums by Hyundai later on. In case you are going ahead with this option, do let us know the feedback and the costing.
Well, I have done the 1st part i.e. purchase the IPH M617 Fog Projector.

Team-BHP has a link on After-market Fog Lamps
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ns-market.html (Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market)
Somebody had suggested Car Concepts in that link.

Earlier I had contacted Blaze India - Amit Sawhney for the same. He was quoting 7,400/- with a bill and 1 year warranty.

I got the pair for Rs. 6,750 (couriered to Mumbai) and purchased it from Car Concepts. He wasn't providing a bill but is willing to give a warranty of 1 year from the date of purchase.

I am not too sure how would the warranty work in both the cases. The units are imported and thus if there is a manufacturing issue or the unit stops functioning within a year (as is the warranty) - am not too sure whether these guys will replace it. Anyways, hopefully these units will last and I wouldn't have to worry about warranty.

The next step is to locate an installer. Amit has given me a contact at Mira Road. That is a good 25-30 kms from where I stay. Did contact him and told him about the work to be done. He hasn't quoted an amount as yet but just get a feel that he might charge anywhere between 2.5 - 3K. Will confirm this when I actually pay him.

On the Hyundai warranty bit, I was told by the HASS person that if there is no cutting of wires - the warranty WON'T be voided which was assured to me by the Mira Road Installer.
Now just waiting for the units to come home and then plan ahead for installation.
Old 9th August 2023, 17:39   #1880
BHPian

For people who are upgrading the fog lamps? Would you not need fog lamps in actual fog? Would this white light cut through fog in winters?
Old 9th August 2023, 20:40   #1881
BHPian

Now that I have booked the car, (SX(O) IVT Petrol). I want to get your thoughts on few things:

1. Extended Warranty - Driving will be around 6k-7k in a year. Is it worth and how many years would be a good balance?

2. SOT/SOT Super - I think previously few bhpians mentioned it is not worth the cost and planning to skip it.

3. Insurance - Planning to take from dealer to avoid any hassles and see if they can match online pricing. Any real benefits taking from dealer other than cashless and pan India coverage? Any suggestions on providers to shortlist?

4. Accessories - Planning on getting 360 camera/front sensor (yet to decide on 1 or both). Also full interior waterproof matting and then opt for basic waterproof mats. Anything else you guys recommend or have suggestions in regards to this?

5. Payment - Might opt for loan with minimal down. Any tips here?

6. Any other recommendations or things to consider when taking delivery.

Thank you all in advance.
Old 9th August 2023, 21:20   #1882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy2021 View Post
Now that I have booked the car, (SX(O) IVT Petrol). I want to get your thoughts on few things:

1. Extended Warranty - Driving will be around 6k-7k in a year. Is it worth and how many years would be a good balance?

2. SOT/SOT Super - I think previously few bhpians mentioned it is not worth the cost and planning to skip it.

3. Insurance - Planning to take from dealer to avoid any hassles and see if they can match online pricing. Any real benefits taking from dealer other than cashless and pan India coverage? Any suggestions on providers to shortlist?

4. Accessories - Planning on getting 360 camera/front sensor (yet to decide on 1 or both). Also full interior waterproof matting and then opt for basic waterproof mats. Anything else you guys recommend or have suggestions in regards to this?

5. Payment - Might opt for loan with minimal down. Any tips here?

6. Any other recommendations or things to consider when taking delivery.

Thank you all in advance.
I will try to answer a few.

1. Extended Warranty - With that running, you can go with 5 yrs 50000 kms warranty plan and that shld keep you covered for a good period. You always have an option to extend it till 7yrs by paying an extra amount.

2. SOT/SOT Super - Not much idea, but have heard from other folks that it is not worth the price tag

3. Insurance - See if you can get a quote online with maximum IDV and all important add-ons (RTI, Engine Protect, Zero-Dep, RSA) and ask the showroom guys to match it. I have been using Digit for my creta and have not used for any instance, so cant say anything on the feedback. Money saved from here can be used for tyre upgrades or ceramic coatings

4. Accessories - You get everything with SX(O) so it shld only be mats and if you are going with 360 degree camera it is better than having only sensors.
A dashcam is a must accessory nowadays, see if you can look for that. Definitely recommend 70Mai.
I would also recommend looking at changing the stock JK tyres as these are not so reliable and makes the ride a bit harsh. I got the tyres changes immediately to continental CCLX2 and have seen a lot of improvement

5. Payment - If you are going with loans, you can try Band of Baroda, their rates are low and the application process is also simple and less time consuming.

Hope these points help you make a decision.
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 07:24   #1883
BHPian

Quote:

First of all Congratulations!! Good choice of car. Been 4 months and enjoying it (touchwood).

1. Recommend taking as long as possible based on what you can afford. Hyundai is good wrt quality but, getting peace of mind for longer, to me personally, is worth extra few thousands.

3. Please do research and understand what Hyundai Insurance offers that market does not. In my case for example, I got 50% discount on insurance(compared to Hyundai quote) by going to Kotak for insurance. Kotak offered the same benefits (cashless tie up with Hyundai, etc). That 50% saving I invested back in the car to get a 360 camera and still had spare for other accessories like mats.
Also, keep in mind by default you are only getting 1 year comprehensive and 2 years 3rd party. So, after an year you can always switch to what you think is better plan.
Post comparison, if you find Hyundai insurance (though they too will finally use a 3rd party) any better, go for it. Like I said, it's about your peace of mind.
HarshVShrotriya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 16:16   #1884

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
For people who are upgrading the fog lamps? Would you not need fog lamps in actual fog? Would this white light cut through fog in winters?
Exactly My point . White light will scatter like there is no tomorrow . Driving with white fog lights can become very difficult in dense foggy weather in the hills . .

Quote:
Now that I have booked the car, (SX(O) IVT Petrol). I want to get your thoughts on a few things:

1) EW: Buy it without a second thought. In case anything goes mad in your car you are protected.

2) SOT: Not required.

3) Insurance: Take quotes from Policybazar and ask the Dealer to either match it or you are taking it from outside. I have done the same. Even if it is 2-3 K higher on the dealer end take it from the dealer.

4) Don’t do double matting. Better take a dual layer mat or just stick to Kagu mats.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Also, proofread before posting your reply and usage of punctuation properly.

Last edited by vb-saan : 24th August 2023 at 18:54. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Thank you!
Old 14th August 2023, 16:38   #1885
BANNED

Creta facelift spotted:
Old 16th August 2023, 10:45   #1886

Not sure if anyone else has faced this issue, but thought of checking here with the experts in this Creta review thread: I have a 2+ year old gen-2 creta diesel manual. This is my second car after driving a dead reliable Honda Amaze for 6 yrs, again diesel manual.

I have opted for full floor lamination plus floor mats, but these are regular 2-d mats (the thin ones).

Q1. Is it just me, or do others too feel that the pedals in the creta manual are a bit too high? I feel pain in my ankle and calfs many a times after a long drive, especially in my right accelerator leg.

Q2. If the answer to Q1 is a "Yes" by some good number of owners here, how can I resolve this ergonomic issue? I was planning to go for a thicker Driver side only floor mat. I remember there are some mats available in the market which have a broad, squarish flat speed bump like protruding right below the foot pedal area to provide extra height and hence comfort/support to driver's heels and ankle.

For the record, I never faced this pedal height induced fatigue issue in my Honda amaze sedan.
Old 16th August 2023, 11:16   #1887
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anijonnybravo View Post
I was planning to go for a thicker Driver side only floor mat. I remember there are some mats available in the market which have a broad, squarish flat speed bump like protruding right below the foot pedal area to provide extra height and hence comfort/support to driver's heels and ankle.

For the record, I never faced this pedal height induced fatigue issue in my Honda amaze sedan.
I drive the first gen Creta and havent faced this issue. When going for thicker mats, be sure that the extra padding doesn't come in the way of the accelerator pedal. If not secured in place, the mat can slide forward and the pedal might get stuck on this padding.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 00:56   #1888
BHPian

Quote:
Finally decided to take the plunge and booked SX(O) IVT PETROL as we only needed a 5 seater. Thanks to everyone who clarified my questions from sometime.

We already have a 2 year old Kia Seltos GTX + AT Diesel and it didn't make sense to buy the same, just for facelifted one. Also, decided to move away from Diesel due to DPF issue for low usage and mostly city driving.

Waiting for facelifted version was not possible as we need the car in a month or two. Would definitely miss the 360 camera like on Kia but as Bhpian @HarshVShrotriya mentioned might go for DHC 360 camera set up from dealer if possible.

Hope I made the right decision. Will definitely have more questions in coming weeks closer to delivery.
Thanks again bhpians!!
Congratulations on your purchase. Can't wait to hear about your ownership experience. Wish you have a fuss free and memorable ownership
Old 20th August 2023, 10:54   #1889
BHPian

Dear members,

Our Creta is almost due for its third (2 years/20000 kms) service. One issue - there is a constant vibration when the AC is on. The vibration is felt on the front seats, front armrest and steering wheel. Even the drivers side ORVM shakes ever so slightly (only the mirror, not the entire assembly). Please note that it’s not violent, but strong enough to be felt quite apparently during idling.

Can someone help understand what it could be? Do other owners experience it too?

I’m sure HASS would declare it normal or maybe even a “feature”! Any help in understanding the issue will be highly appreciated before taking it up with Hyundai.
Old 24th August 2023, 18:47   #1890
BHPian

Quote:

So went ahead and installed the IPH Bi-Led 3 Colour Projector Fog Lights.

If I understand it correctly, there are 2 ways one can install a Projector Fog Lights in the new Creta. When I had a long discussion with Amit Sawhney from Blaze he send me the below photo of how a projector Fog Light could be integrated in the Fog Light Housing.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230824-11.51.58.jpeg

But then that required a lot of running around on my part to get the install done. Also, was not too sure, if that would have kept the warranty intact. If I am not mistaken, OEM halogen bulb and the reflector housing would have to be taken apart and there would have been some cutting and chopping of the Fog Light Housing involved. I just wasn't ready for that.
Not to mention the person Amit Sawhney had indicated in Mumbai was located at Mira Road and he just wasn't willing to quote a figure for the job.

So thought of going for the simple solution of just replacing the Fog Halogen Bulbs with DHC F75 LED Headlamps - 75W. Got the pair for 5,900/- all inclusive. Perhaps 150W is a bit of an overkill but then as of yet not tested the lights out - just installed it in the evening. So lets see. Hopefully it would brighten up the road at nights!!

Next, I wasn't too sure, now how to go about installing the IPH Projector Fog Lights. Post a lot of deliberation and discussion internally (within myself and with the missus) thought of going ahead and doing it in a traditional way. Cutting out a recess at the bottom of the front bumper and setting up a completely separate wiring and a button inside - so as to not mess around with the OEM wiring and install.

Boy, but was it difficult to see a brand new car being taken apart in this way and then summarily cut and mutilated. The taking apart of the front bumper by these installers isn't a very happy scene. The pulling, tugging and yanking of the front bumper and the heart was pounding away. I just felt that one wrong tug here or a strong pull there and the entire front bumper might just deform if not tear and then not fit properly. Thankfully nothing of that sort happened (though the front bumper has been attached well and seemingly there are no gaps within the panels but then post a long drive only will get to know if the panels are attached perfectly)

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-1.jpg

The installer then took out a round file and then a flat file and went about creating a recess - cutting, chopping, scratching away to glory. Whew! Seriously, it's a new car - not even a month old.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-2.jpg

Anyways, post cutting the recess, he fitted the two projectors neatly in to the holes cut - and fastened then at one end by a pair of screws and the other end by mechanics-and-installers-fastening-weapon-of-choice i.e. zip ties.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-3.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-4.jpg

Well, to be honest, the projectors were quite sturdily in place and didn't seem like they would move. The wiring etc and the button inside (simple tick tock one) was quite well done. This entire install costed me about 1,700/- or so

So this is how the install looks like. Just had it done in the evening, so am not too sure how the results look like or how the throw/quality of the lights are. Also, will have to check the levelling too. All in good time over the next month or so.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-5.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-6.jpg

Last edited by vb-saan : 24th August 2023 at 18:56. Reason: Quote tags fixed
Roark is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks