Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2020, 23:20   #376

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

I booked a Creta SX 1.5P Manual today at Blue Hyundai in Bangalore.

The sales rep was pretty helpful but man, oh, man, Hyundai is strutting around some insane superiority. I guess it's earned with the sales of the MY20 Creta. No freebies and even the booking amount has a 3,000 rupee cancellation charge. First time I'm seeing something along these lines. I was also told there would be a wait time of 2.5 months which would translate to having to pay the hiked price post-Jan 1st. At this point, I'm pretty much just hoping I don't pay even more than I'm willing to pay now - let alone asking for discounts.
FettyG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 11:09   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Sucks that Hyundai has force assigned the steering wheel voice command button to Bluelink. I miss being able to summon Google Assistant when connected through Android Auto or even Bluetooth with the press of a button.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Hello fellow owners. I may have misspoke. Since the time I read this, I've been trying to consciously replicate this but I think I may have understood this incorrectly. I now realize that I may have been activating it using the 'Okay Google' prompt and not the button. Apologies for the incorrect information.

Finally found a definitive answer to this. A single click/push on the 'Voice' button activates 'Bluelink' voice commands, however a 'long push' on the same button activates 'Google Voice'. This is only when you've activated Android Auto.
kalpeshc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 11:54   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
Alarm is triggered on around 28/29 psi only. You were quite close to the triggering condition.
I had an issue with the alarm triggering at 34. Resolution at HASS was to inflate tyres to 35. This seems to have somehow recalibrated the TPMS.
iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 12:42   #379
BHPian

The car came with 42-44 psi on all tires during delivery. However the lowline TPMS in SX did not trigger any warning. Does it warn only if tires are under-inflated or does it warn on over inflation too?
Old 2nd December 2020, 12:45   #380
BANNED

Quote:
The car came with 42-44 psi on all tires during delivery. However the lowline TPMS in SX did not trigger any warning. Does it warn only if tires are under-inflated or does it warn on over inflation too?
The critical warning will be for low-pressure. We don't know what are the threshold set in the system to trigger the error.

I think the low-pressure trigger is set a bit too close to recommended pressure I think hence many are getting the warnings.
Old 2nd December 2020, 12:56   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Even insurance from outside (20-30k cheaper) is not being allowed.
This is against the regulations issued by IRDA (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority) and therefore, against the law. There is no way any dealer can do this and most dealers today are well aware of the fact, pretty sure that includes your dealer. This kind of highhandedness and daylight robbery really calls for strict measures. Write to Hyundai and also ask to see the dealership manager with the copy of the relevant guidelines. Lodge a complaint with the IRDA as well. There are plenty of online articles which make the position clear in this regard.

https://www.livemint.com/insurance/n...680847987.html

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 2nd December 2020 at 13:00.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 13:30   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi - i am planning to book the SX O DCT in the next couple of days.

Also - even if i book now, delivery is being promised in Mid/end Jan. Would make sense to stay put another 2 weeks and get a 2021 car?

Price hike also expected on 1st of Jan
I honestly dont think they are selling too many of the Creta SXO/ DCT variants. Most of the demand seems to be from the low and mid range (E to SX) variants. If you commit to a full payment, you might get early delivery. They all say that in the beginning.
Even I was discouraged when I approached the dealers in Pune, they didn't even have TD vehicles. The waiting was quoted at 6-8 weeks minimum- this was approaching the Dussera time period. And then when I finally took the plunge and paid up the money- I got the car in just 12 days from the date of payment. Also- there's already been a price hike in October.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 13:33   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Once the tires are inflated to the proper pressure at the pump, there is no possibility of them getting over inflated during a drive. Hence a high pressure warning would serve little purpose.

The tires in my case at delivery were similarly inflated. And the highline TPMS in the SX(O) did not trigger any warning too.
AK79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 14:58   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FettyG View Post
I booked a Creta SX 1.5P Manual today at Blue Hyundai in Bangalore.

The sales rep was pretty helpful but man, oh, man, Hyundai is strutting around some insane superiority. I guess it's earned with the sales of the MY20 Creta. No freebies and even the booking amount has a 3,000 rupee cancellation charge. First time I'm seeing something along these lines. I was also told there would be a wait time of 2.5 months which would translate to having to pay the hiked price post-Jan 1st. At this point, I'm pretty much just hoping I don't pay even more than I'm willing to pay now - let alone asking for discounts.
Even I have booked the SX petrol in Phantom Black and it's been 35days since I've booked the car and yet I've been asked to wait for 10 more days.
Negotiate hard on the insurance part. I've booked in Mangalore and they have agreed to give me atleast 5-9k off on their quoted insurance of 71k.
Sahilrai166 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 15:04   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
This kind of highhandedness and daylight robbery really calls for strict measures. Write to Hyundai and also ask to see the dealership manager with the copy of the relevant guidelines. Lodge a complaint with the IRDA as well.
I'd like to share the ordeal I went through.

I visited an upmarket Hyundai Showroom in Jaipur last Monday. The dealership had informed me via telephone that a customer had cancelled his booking and hence an SX(O) IVT was free to be booked and in transit. I immediately went to the showroom to start the formalities, however, I asked them to either match their insurance costs with my quotations or let me opt for an external car insurance according to my will.

However, not only did the dealership refuse to match the charges, but they also refused to sell the car without dealer insurance. After a few minutes into argument with the General Manager, she informed me that the SX(O) that I was being offered is now suddenly allotted to another customer and I no longer have the liberty to book that vehicle

I clearly sniffed the dirty agenda, but what bewildered me was that this was being performed by the likes of the top echelons of the dealership. To add to the fire, they informed me that they can't give out the refusal of insurance in writing as it was a open practice and I'm free to complain to whomsoever I like.

I approached the Hyundai Regional Office, but, could not find success there as the manager's PA had a new excuse everyday to skip transferring the call to his boss. Thanks to the customer care number provided by RavenAvi, I lodged a formal complain with Hyundai. After wasting numerous hours of my life, I got some success.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot-20201202-2.52.31-pm.png

Even though the dealership blatantly refused to accept the fact that such an event took place and is trying to resort to truly concocted stories to save their image, however, I now sort of do have it in writing that dealer insurance is not mandatory from the dealership themselves.

I'll fight till I get them to accept their malafide intents, but, it's an absolute shame that a customer has to defend against the wrongdoings by Hyundai in such a relentless manner when I'm not even remotely close to being a culprit. Hope this motivates fellow members to not fall into the trap.

Cheers

Last edited by pandatrooper : 2nd December 2020 at 15:05.
pandatrooper is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 15:21   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FettyG View Post
I was also told there would be a wait time of 2.5 months which would translate to having to pay the hiked price post-Jan 1st. At this point, I'm pretty much just hoping I don't pay even more than I'm willing to pay now - let alone asking for discounts.
Quote:
Hi - i am planning to book the SX O DCT in the next couple of days. Any recommended dealer in Mumbai with whom the experience has been good?

I have spoken to a couple of them, but the attitude has been sky high. Discounts/freebie is out of the question. Even insurance from outside (20-30k cheaper) is not being allowed.

Also - even if i book now, delivery is being promised in Mid/end Jan. Would make sense to stay put another 2 weeks and get a 2021 car?

Price hike also expected on 1st of Jan
I (and many others) have been through the same ordeal. Please do not buy insurance from the dealer. Have a call record function on your mobile and record your call with the dealer with them telling you that you have to buy insurance from them. Then you can approach insurance ombudsman. Please see my thread for contacts: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ance-them.html (Illegal Practice! Modi Hyundai (Thane) forces customers to buy Insurance from them) . You can also use Hyundai care app as suggested by pandatrooper above

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandatrooper
I approached the Hyundai Regional Office, but, could not find success there as the manager's PA had a new excuse everyday to skip transferring the call to his boss. Thanks to the customer care number provided by RavenAvi (Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes - Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review), I lodged a formal complain with Hyundai. After wasting numerous hours of my life, I got some success.
As far as waiting period is concerned, SX and SX(O) models should not take that long, even though the dealers are quoting months. Make sure that they place the order when you book the car. The delay lies only in placing the order with Hyundai by dealership. Another option is to buy car from click2buy website of Hyundai. This will be pretty transparent and you can get delivery within reasonable time.

Last edited by ashlil : 2nd December 2020 at 15:26.
Old 2nd December 2020, 16:44   #387
BHPian

Just completed the first free service of my Phantom Black SX(O) IVT Creta with just under 1k on the Odo.

Following is a brief history from day 1:

Previous Car (just so you know where I’m coming from): Hyundai i10 1.2 Asta Auto. Purchased in 2012 June. Little above 36k on the ODO in the last 8 years. Absolutely trouble-free ownership except failure of an ABS sensor which was replaced under extended warranty. Many flat tyres over the years, but then that’s nothing to do with Hyundai. I have regularly serviced the car and make it a point to operate all motors (sunroof, all windows, side mirrors, headlight levelling) at least once a month. The car still drives without a single rattle and hence did not want to part with it even though we wanted a bigger car for comfort.

Other car considered: Kia Seltos IVT. We actually booked the car, though we were not particularly happy about the missing features which were only possible with the top end DCT version. So when Hyundai launched the Creta 2020 and the IVT and the DCT top end versions were provided with similar features, we didn’t take much time to cancel the Seltos booking and go ahead with Creta.
What we particularly liked was that the EPB clears up the central console. Also the interiors of the Creta are a tad bland compared to the Seltos (only blue ambient light compared to the color changing lights in Seltos for example) and we like bland. The panoramic sunroof also tilted the decision in Creta’s favor a wee bit.

Dealership Experience: Booked the car with Modi Hyundai Kanjurmarg in first week August. Was promised allotment of the car in first week September only to be told later that the allotment can only happen by November. Called up Sainath Hyundai at Powai immediately and they confirmed delivery of the car within a month. The car was allotted in less than two weeks. I insisted on making the balance payment only after PDI at their showroom and they agreed. Checked the VIN number and the manufacture date was August. The ODO showed 41 km. I took a picture of this in the presence of the sales person and made it clear that the ODO should not cross 50 before delivery. A suggestion – many dealers do not agree for a full fledged PDI at their showroom or the warehouse. (the Kia showroom at Powai did not). Also, not all customers insist on it. But as a bare minimum, the manufacture date (from VIN) and the ODO should be checked before making the full payment.
A previous poster had mentioned that he noticed a new car being used for TD. Clicking the ODO in the sales person’s presence during the PDI and sharing it with him immediately on whatsapp/email can ensure that this will not happen with your car.
Also, another poster had mentioned that he had deciphered the manufacture date from the VIN number. Would appreciate if somebody could share how to do that. The only thing I can figure out from the VIN is the month of manufacture.
The dealer simply refused to lower their charges for special number service and so I went ahead and got it done myself. The delivery of the car was done on the 1st of October; within 3 weeks of the booking. Though the delivery experience itself was strictly average, the staff at the showroom was co-operative for all the requests that I made before and after the delivery itself.

The Car Experience: Enough has been posted here about the features (exterior and interior), driving experience, etc. So I will just add a couple of points regarding the setting changes that I made and my experience with bluelink:

1) Lock and Unlock: I have chosen to lock on shifting. This locks all the doors as soon as I shift to R from P the first time. With this setting possibility, I do not see the purpose of auto lock at 15km/hr speed. Any inputs? Also, with a kid at the back seat almost all the time we are out for drives, we prefer not to have any auto unlock. This of course means that the driver has to remember to unlock all doors after switching off the car. Would have preferred if auto-unlock was possible on shifting to P with engine switched off.

2) Energy consumption auto-reset: I have chosen after refuelling. However, even after refuelling twice, I never noticed the tripmeter resetting on its own. Has anybody else here had this experience?

3) I keep getting the “the door was not locked” notification on bluelink after I switch off the engine and lock all doors using the sensor request button on the driver’s side door. The SA mentioned that other customers had faced this problem too. Though he could not provide any solution for this.

4) I have selected 5 phone numbers in the emergency contact details in bluelink. These contacts will be intimated by sms in case of an accident. Also these contacts will also get an sms every time you press the panic button on the smart key. This can be a little strange if you previously used the panic button to locate your car in a parking lot.

5) I find it odd that the fuel indicator only works with the engine running. It should have operated in the accessory mode as well.

6) Sometimes, trips don’t get registered in the “My trips” tab in the bluelink app. If I have multiple stops on a drive in a day, one part of the drive is invariably missed out. This also means that the monthly report on the bluelink app will always be inaccurate.

7) The bluelink website mentions that the TPMS information and the fuel level information is available on the bluelink app.
However, I do not see TPMS included anywhere. Also, the fuel level always shows a similar picture.

8) I tried a lot of commands for the climate control with bluelink and most of them work. The only ones that don’t are the ones for front and rear defogger, even though I use the same words as in the help section. The system recognizes the words properly but fails to execute the command.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot_20201201131742.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot_20201201131808.jpg  

AK79 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 17:51   #388
BHPian

Congratulations on your Creta. I booked my SX IVT from Modi Hyundai Kanjur in Oct. Did you get seat covers or are you using the OEM ones?
Old 2nd December 2020, 18:43   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your Creta. I booked my SX IVT from Modi Hyundai Kanjur in Oct. Did you get seat covers or are you using the OEM ones?
We like the interiors of the SX (O) IVT as they are. So no plans of changing the seat covers.

Not sure if it's even possible with front ventilated seats.
Old 2nd December 2020, 21:44   #390
BHPian

Quote:
How was your experience with Modi Kanjur? I am contemplating between modi & Sai auto Powai. both dealers have been pretty non-committal as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlil View Post
Another option is to buy car from click2buy website of Hyundai. This will be pretty transparent and you can get delivery within reasonable time.
How do i choose external insurance when buying through click2buy?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks