Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2020, 13:07   #436
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I am exploring Creta as my next car to replace my current grand i10. Looking for some guidance about how does the insurance NCB transfer work. Whether I need to sell my old car first and get NCB letter from the insurance firm? If so, how does it work if I go for exchange option with Hyundai dealer. Is there an option to get NCB benefit on new car by just transferring the NCB without having to first sell the car ? Any pointer is appreciated as I plan to buy new car in the next few months.
If in case you exchange your car with the dealer and take the insurance from them only, they would be able to transfer the ncb for you without any hassle. In case you are not taking the insurance from the dealer(which is a wise decision to save a significant amount), then you will have to take a surrender letter from the dealer and submit that to your insurance for issuing a NCB letter that you can use to take the new insurance.

In my case, I did an exchange with the dealer but took the insurance from outside. Got the surrender letter from the dealer, but ACKO guys are saying they can issue the ncb letter once the insurance gets transferred to the new owner for which i have been waiting.

Hope it helps!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th December 2020 at 14:03. Reason: u > you.
Old 18th December 2020, 13:23   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
In my case, I did an exchange with the dealer but took the insurance from outside. Got the surrender letter from the dealer, but ACKO guys are saying they can issue the ncb letter once the insurance gets transferred to the new owner for which i have been waiting.
Hope it helps..!
Thanks for the information. Just to clarify, if you took insurance from outside and still waiting for NCB letter, then did you get NCB benefit on new insurance since you would have to get that at the time of purchase of new car already, isn't it?
Old 18th December 2020, 13:50   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the information. Just to clarify, if you took insurance from outside and still waiting for NCB letter, then did you get NCB benefit on new insurance since you would have to get that at the time of purchase of new car already, isn't it?
Most of the insurance companies say that you have to produce it while buying the new one only. But they accept it with some negotiations once you get it.

I would be going through this process in next week and will let you know in case there are any hurdles. Best would be if you can get the ncb letter before buying the new policy itself.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th December 2020 at 14:02. Reason: thru > through, u > you, wud > would. Please refrain from using SMS lingo while posting on the forums.
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 13:19   #439
BHPian

Quote:
I am exploring Creta as my next car to replace my current grand i10. Looking for some guidance about how does the insurance NCB transfer work. Whether I need to sell my old car first and get NCB letter from the insurance firm? If so, how does it work if I go for exchange option with Hyundai dealer. Is there an option to get NCB benefit on new car by just transferring the NCB without having to first sell the car ? Any pointer is appreciated as I plan to buy new car in the next few months.
I went through the same ordeal recently with HDFC Ergo and also availed the NCB discount, let me explain how this works, I will cover both cases:

Selling your car to a buyer
This is my preferred option, I'd assume you will be selling your car weeks before the delivery of your new car. Once you complete Form 29/30 to transfer ownership to the new buyer, please take copies of this along with the delivery note. You can email this to your insurance company requesting them for an NCB letter. If you are holding comprehensive insurance, the insurance company will also require you to request cancellation of the own damage section of the policy.
If you are fine with the cancellation of the own damage section of the policy, then you will receive the NCB letter in 3-5 days.

If you don't want to cancel the own damage section and would like to transfer the comprehensive insurance to the new buyer, then you may have to wait till the ownership transfer process completes at RTO. You will also have to pay a differential premium a.k.a NCB recovery amount to the insurance company. They will then transfer the insurance to the new buyer retaining the own damage coverages and also mail you the NCB certificate. This process can take anywhere between 2 weeks to 2 months from the date of sale.

Selling your car to a dealer
Even though this wasn't my preferred option, I sold my car to the dealer due to the COVID situation. Only later did I realize the hassles it had created for me in obtaining the NCB certificate.
When a dealer buys a car from you, they provide you the Sale agreement along with a delivery note, this is good enough for you to request for the NCB certificate from the insurance company. As explained in the previous case, it is quick and easy if you are willing to cancel the own damage waiver of the policy. In my case, the dealer did not want me to cancel the comprehensive insurance, so I had to go through the ordeal of waiting for RC transfer, then paid the NCB recovery amount and received the NCB certificate. This process took me nearly 2 months.

Once you have the NCB certificate, submit this along with a canceled cheque to your dealer/insurance agent (depending on where you purchased your new car insurance) and ask them to make an endorsement regarding NCB discount in your new car insurance and claim part of the premium that you'd have paid.

I had 50% NCB on my previous car, so I received a ~20K refund on my Creta insurance which was quite significant.

Hope this information helps.
autocool is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 13:22   #440

Wonderful review that helps me inch closer to my selection between Seltos and Creta!

Visited Capital Hyundai, Noida, for a test drive yesterday. Test drove the SX Manual Petrol, and coming from a 2011 i20, the most notable part of the drive was the commanding seating position and visibility all around. I jacked up the seat to its highest, as I was concerned that my short height may be a deterrent, but was delighted that I was riding very comfortably.

I haven't driven anything other than my i20 in a while, and I could notice a lot of similarities between the engine behavior. For instance, I felt the engine to be sluggish in its initial response, similar to my i20. The range of the gears isn't very great. Found the seats to be extremely comfortable with excellent lower back support. Didn't get much time to fiddle with the touchscreen, but the sound was definitely good, if not excellent. Pano roof makes the cabin very spacious, I sat in the back seat for last 5 mins of the ride and was happy with both the comfort as well as the view.

I'm considering the exact model, 1.5 SX M Petrol, so I went ahead with price discussions:

1) The dealer didn't give any discount, but I hear that's the same story across country for the Creta? Can anyone confirm?

2) The SA put the insurance quote at 53K, but offered approx 18K discount on that as dealer margin removal. He agreed to price match, but that would mean no discount, so I wonder how useful is that exercise going to be.

3) 0 dep insurance was added at approx 10k. Is this useful or another gimmick?

4) An added 11K for 'mandatory' accessories pack. I discussed this and it included:
6 time anti-rust
4 time teflon
Floor mats (basic)
Mudflaps
Moorti
Perfume

I clearly said that the above shouldn't be mandatory, but he refused and said at least you need to take one coat package of antirust and teflon, which would be priced at 7.2K. Without that we can't sell as Hyundai doesn't allow us to do that.

5) I also asked for the cost of upgrading to top-end diamond cut alloys, as I saw reviews of other members who have done that and it definitely adds an edge to the car. While I have seen 13K, 16K, 18K as costs reported in the forums for people who have done that, my SA said the pricing of diamond cut alloys has increased and this upgrade may cost me approximately 30K. I don't believe this, can anyone confirm?

6) For NCB transfer on the insurance, the SA said that if I can arrange an NCB certificate from Lombard, they can knock off another 9-10k from the insurance. Is this how it works?

7) Overall, after the 18K discount, the total comes out as 15.7L for Delhi registration.

8) Payment and Delivery Estimate - SA only asked for 25k booking, and the rest amount 10 days before delivery. Delivery estimated 3-4 months, but he was confident of getting something in approx 2 months.

Thank you in advance for your help and opinions. I'm not very confident with the whole car purchase process, and whatever points I covered in the discussion with the SA yesterday were driven from what I learned over here, so thanks for that too!
jiteshdivine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 14:58   #441
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiteshdivine View Post
Visited Capital Hyundai, Noida, for a test drive yesterday.

Thank you in advance for your help and opinions. I'm not very confident with the whole car purchase process, and whatever points I covered in the discussion with the SA yesterday were driven from what I learned over here, so thanks for that too!
Head straight away to another dealer, this dealer is trying to cheat you at multiple places. Eg compulsory accessories, higher price for the alloys.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 15:00   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Wonderful review that helps me inch closer to my selection between Seltos and Creta!

Looks like your SA is trying to take you for a ride on couple of things. Please check with other dealers before making any payment to this dealer.
Engine_Roars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 15:33   #443

Queries:
1. Hyundai website mention Extended Power train warranty up to 5 year. This is different from normal extended warranty. Does it mean that initial warranty also include powetrain warranty and Extended warranty doesn't ? How to select the warranties for full 5 year for max coverage?
2. How is Engine cover rider in insurance different from Power train warranty ?
3. There is also a rider in insurance called Return to Invoice. Isn't it contradictory to IDV which will be 95% of Ex showroom for 1st year ?
Old 19th December 2020, 20:12   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
Need some help in understanding the way to use the Android Auto.
Faced many problems with the wired setup in my last drive. Initially thought of using the bluelink app for the navigation, but I guess need some more time to get used to the interface. Plugged in the phone to the USB port to use the Android Auto app and it kept on disconnecting in between may be due to jerks or loss of network connectivity. In case network drop it re-connected on its own, but many a times it got disconnected and I had to re-plug the cable to connect the Android Auto app. It was quite annoying.
Anyone else facing this kind of issues with the wired setup of Android Auto?

Couple of other confusing question I have are
a) Can we play FM while Android Auto is connected?
b) Can we play music from OTT (Prime music/Jio Saavn) while Bluelink navigation is on? I was not able to get any speaker output from the media playing, but the voice from the navigation was fine.

I may have to spend some more time to fiddle around these things and thought of checking with experts here before I re-invent the wheel as these are few important ingredients to churn out a perfect drive.
I have similar disconnection uses with OnePlus 5 running the most updated version of Android and Android Auto while using the original oneplus cable. I have tried using different cables as well but the problem doesn't go away. It is definitely not a physical connection error and my Android Auto disconnects and then reconnects after 5 seconds on its own. It seems to be an Android or OnePlus bug. Along with music switching from Bluetooth to phone speaker immediately after a call.

I have been able to do both a) and b) - just check the priority of Bluetooth navigation guidance in settings.
iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 20:28   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocool View Post
If you are fine with the cancellation of the own damage section of the policy, then you will receive the NCB letter in 3-5 days.
Thank you for detailed information. I have couple of clarification if you or someone in the forum can comment.
1. My current comprehensive insurance with Bajaj Allianz is due to renewal in January. My new car purchase will not happen before April so I plan to renew my current car insurance. Should I continue with same comprehensive insurance or will it be better to go with third party only insurance if that helps with NCB transfer paperwork. Are there any disadvantage of having only third party insurance cover for old car and also to get maximum benefit of NCB given that I plan to go for comprehensive insurance for new car and most likely zero dep.

2. I have a choice now, while renewal of current car insurance, to chose a different company than Bajaj Allianz. Not sure how is it's customer service during NCB transfer. Should I stick to it or is there any other recommendation ?

3. Since my new car purchase is still little bit far out, it is too early to tell whether I would go with dealer provided insurance or from outside and which company. Is it beneficial to stick to same company for current and new car for ease of NCB transfer ? Again as in point #2 above, should I stick with Bajaj or look for another provider ?

Thank you in advance for valuable suggestions. I did not know about NCB transfer during my last car sale and do not want to be caught off guard this time

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 19th December 2020 at 20:39.
Old 19th December 2020, 22:16   #446
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer didn't give any discount, but I hear that's the same story across the country for the Creta? Can anyone confirm
That may very well be correct. And expected too for the best selling car in its segment since its launch.

Quote:
I clearly said that the above shouldn't be mandatory, but he refused and said at least you need to take one coat package of antirust and teflon, which would be priced at 7.2K. Without that we can't sell as Hyundai doesn't allow us to do that.
The guy's clearly in the wrong profession. He should be acting, not selling cars.

Really sorry you are having to deal with this. Clearly, you need to approach another dealer.

Quote:
Well from newbie to another , you would do well to go through the following link : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...car-india.html (ARTICLE: How to buy a *NEW* car in India)

Last edited by aah78 : 19th December 2020 at 22:42. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+/MULTI-QUOTE when responding. Thanks!
Old 21st December 2020, 08:43   #447
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like the Creta SX(O) IVT’s waiting period has increased to 10 months.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-092060a4480348b19b4dcec55e7da74b.jpeg
Old 22nd December 2020, 10:49   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocool View Post
I went through the same ordeal recently with HDFC Ergo and also availed the NCB discount, let me explain how this works, I will cover both cases:

Selling your car to a buyer

If you don't want to cancel the own damage section and would like to transfer the comprehensive insurance to the new buyer, then you may have to wait till the ownership transfer process completes at RTO.
Very useful post. I have 50% NCB and intend to use it when I buy the new car. In the first case (selling car to a buyer), the hassle as in second case can occur if the buyer refuses to cancel the own damage section right? Or do we have to find a buyer with the condition that the own damage benefit of comprehensive insurance will be cancelled? Thanks

I think most people have comprehensive insurance as insurance companies are not eager to sell third party policy, when I enquired long back for my bike they had some additional conditions to go for third party only.
Old 22nd December 2020, 11:01   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Looks like the Creta SX(O) IVT’s waiting period has increased to 10 months.
The kind of waiting periods they are quoting next year they might also add model applicability as per delivery whether it will be the current one or the face-lifted one because by the middle of next year the model would already be more than two years old and the facelift would be there by 2023 mostly.
Old 23rd December 2020, 20:09   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Very useful post. I have 50% NCB and intend to use it when I buy the new car. In the first case (selling car to a buyer), the hassle as in second case can occur if the buyer refuses to cancel the own damage section right? Or do we have to find a buyer with the condition that the own damage benefit of comprehensive insurance will be cancelled? Thanks
Yes, that is correct. It depends on what you commit to the buyer during the sale of your car. You as a seller have more control over the insurance policy and coverages, if required you can terminate the own damage section without the consent & knowledge of the buyer. If you do so, you will be putting the buyer at a risk in case there is need for claims.
autocool is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks