Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2020, 11:16   #451
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Looks like the Creta SX(O) IVT’s waiting period has increased to 10 months.

Attachment 2095187
I booked my Creta SX(O) IVT on 15th December and the waiting period given to me is 5 months tentatively.

Just confirmed with my SA today the waiting period in Navi Mumbai is still 5 months for SX(O) IVT. However, he informed me that any update will come after 5th January only as production is stopped from 12th December till 5th.
Old 26th December 2020, 12:16   #452
Senior - BHPian

5 months wait is crazy. IMO, it makes better sense to buy Verna IVT and save a few lakhs. Also, Verna would be more fuel-efficient and better-performing. No body roll either. I have not driven Creta IVT but I have driven both Seltos IVT and Verna IVT and I found Verna IVT better performing. One doesn't lose much ground clearance because Creta maybe big but its ground clearance is not much. May be 1.5 cm more than Verna. Which is just over half inch.
Old 28th December 2020, 13:57   #453
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_8134-copy.jpg

I recently drove the base variant - E Diesel from the showroom to home for a friend. I must share that even the lowest variant had enough beans to make me think how Renault is even managing to keep the Duster in the model line-up.
  • The cabin felt fresher even though it had none of the garnishes the higher variants get.
  • The car felt nimble for a diesel - engine and steering together.
  • NVH in all aspects was levels above even with 44 psi of pressure in the tyres.
  • The ergonomics felt better and the car handled equally well as one would expect a high GC crossover would.
  • I felt at home within a couple of minutes of driving it.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_8132-copy.jpg

Wish him a good time ahead with the car and hope to be driven around some more in it too.
Tgo is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 18:54   #454
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to your friend. Thats why these cars are selling in huge numbers. They are very likeable in an instance.

Despite some serious concerns raised by a few owners, there are negligible negative sentiments in people's mindset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
I recently drove the base variant - E Diesel from the showroom to home for a friend. I must share that even the lowest variant had enough beans to make me think how Renault is even managing to keep the Duster in the model line-up.
Can you please share a bit of info regarding that HU visible in the second pic? Creta E doesn't come with ICE so just curious. Is it an accessory or is it same as Creta EX and installed by the dealership?

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 28th December 2020 at 18:57.
Old 28th December 2020, 21:45   #455
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
.Can you please share a bit of info regarding that HU visible in the second pic? Creta E doesn't come with ICE so just curious. Is it an accessory or is it same as Creta EX and installed by the dealership?
It’s an aftermarket system. Megaaudio is the brand I think, going by the few leaflets in the glove box (JBL-Speakers, Megaaudio-HU, Maxlink-connector/harness).

The system is an android unit.
Tgo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 22:14   #456

I also got the delivery of my E diesel Creta on 20th dec. Coming from santro Xing 1.1 and Punto 1.2 Fire, this is a huge upgrade for me. Although the power is Not like previous 1.6 Creta but then this 1.5 D unit is perfect blend of power and economy. I am continuously getting more than 21 Kmpl on each trip with light foot.
I will be getting only a music system in the name of Modification apart from seat covers. Everything else is good for me in this so called 'Base Variant'.
At 11.30 Lakh OTR, I don't think there is any vehicle better than Creta E.
amitkuch is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 08:14   #457
BHPian

Finally got my Creta SX diesel after a long waiting period of almost 2 months. Had booked the 1.5Petrol initially but then changed to 1.5Diesel.
Attaching few pictures of this beauty.
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20201229wa0003.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20201223_160434.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20201229wa0004.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20201228_125318.jpg
Sahilrai166 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 08:49   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post

Wish him a good time ahead with the car and hope to be driven around some more in it too.
The Creta is a good upgrade for a lot of hatch owners and of course it'll run rings around the Duster. The problem is that the E variant is not available for new customers, the production has been delayed by 6 or 9 months, I think it's mentioned earlier in this thread. A base automatic will practically eat up the C sedans given the popularity of SUVs.

Your friend is lucky he got such a vfm variant.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 09:32   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitkuch View Post
I also got the delivery of my E diesel Creta on 20th dec. Coming from santro Xing 1.1 and Punto 1.2 Fire, this is a huge upgrade for me. Although the power is Not like previous 1.6 Creta but then this 1.5 D unit is perfect blend of power and economy. I am continuously getting more than 21 Kmpl on each trip with light foot.
I will be getting only a music system in the name of Modification apart from seat covers. Everything else is good for me in this so called 'Base Variant'.
At 11.30 Lakh OTR, I don't think there is any vehicle better than Creta E.
Congratulations Amit on your Buy and wishing you many more (s)miles with your new car !!

Totally agree, Creta E is the most VFM around 12 Lakhs and with few accessories like Cabinlight/sunglass holder, Luggage rack, Music system and steering mounted controls and some with some good seat covers it looks very good. All these will not cost more than 50K whereas next variant is couple of Lakhs away !!
concorde24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 11:28   #460
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Your friend is lucky he got such a vfm variant.
His story goes like this.
2019 - Nexon (pre-facelift finalized as a VFM car to be bought next year)
2020 - Lockdown blues till May
June - Rapid Rider - Booked and cancelled
July - Vento Comfortline Plus - Booked and cancelled
September - Creta EX Petrol - Booked, price hiked by a Lac
October - Booking shifted to New i20 - car launched at absurdly high price for the likeable variant
November - Booking shifted to E-Diesel - if made available agains some cancellation by other customer
December - Nexon Petrol XZ+ finalized - price hike in Jan was inevitable also E Diesel production was halted

Finally got a call from the SA about a cancellation and he blocked the car for him against a commitment of accessories worth 50k to be bought from the dealer. He chose:
Rear Parcel Shelf
Mud flaps
Floor Mats
Roof Rails (non functional)
ICE HU and speakers
Tgo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 17:12   #461

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocool View Post

Selling your car to a dealer
Even though this wasn't my preferred option, I sold my car to the dealer due to the COVID situation. Only later did I realize the hassles it had created for me in obtaining the NCB certificate.
When a dealer buys a car from you, they provide you the Sale agreement along with a delivery note, this is good enough for you to request for the NCB certificate from the insurance company. As explained in the previous case, it is quick and easy if you are willing to cancel the own damage waiver of the policy. In my case, the dealer did not want me to cancel the comprehensive insurance, so I had to go through the ordeal of waiting for RC transfer, then paid the NCB recovery amount and received the NCB certificate. This process took me nearly 2 months.

Once you have the NCB certificate, submit this along with a canceled cheque to your dealer/insurance agent (depending on where you purchased your new car insurance) and ask them to make an endorsement regarding NCB discount in your new car insurance and claim part of the premium that you'd have paid.

I had 50% NCB on my previous car, so I received a ~20K refund on my Creta insurance which was quite significant.

Hope this information helps.
Hey, thanks for the info on this. I'm selling to the dealer and also getting insurance from them, but they want to charge approx 4k for NCB transfer as it will void the comprehensive insurance on the current car. What I understood from your post is that I should sell the car, take my new car, wait for RC transfer, and then get an endorsement to get a refund on my already paid insurance premium. Is that right? Also, what were the NCB recovery charges?
Old 29th December 2020, 20:40   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiteshdivine View Post
Hey, thanks for the info on this. I'm selling to the dealer and also getting insurance from them, but they want to charge approx 4k for NCB transfer as it will void the comprehensive insurance on the current car. What I understood from your post is that I should sell the car, take my new car, wait for RC transfer, and then get an endorsement to get a refund on my already paid insurance premium. Is that right? Also, what were the NCB recovery charges?
Hey Jitesh,
The answer to your question is Yes. But, why is the dealer charging you 4K for NCB transfer? Is he collecting the NCB recovery amount? Is he going to factor in the NCB discount while issuing the Insurance of your new car?
I had paid ~2.5k as NCB recovery amount directly to the Insurance company.

There is also another option here if you are selling to the dealer. If the dealer is able to find a buyer while you are waiting for the delivery of your new car, ask for the completed Form 29/30 from the dealer. Once you have this, try to get an insurance quote for your new car from the same insurance company as your old car. They will be able to get you a NCB reservation letter on the basis of Form 29/30 (transferring comprehensive policy to buyer) and can also issue insurance on your new car by applying this NCB. This process can be quite seamless and you will also save a lot on insurance. The only challenge will be to convince your dealer that you are taking insurance from outside.
Old 5th January 2021, 18:49   #463
BHPian

I did some extensive driving of my IVT SX(O) variant during the last couple of weeks. I covered nearly 1500 Kms which were predominately on highways and I drove in "Comfort" mode for 80% of the trip. The ODO reading hit 3000 Kms this week.

Here are a couple of observations:

- I received an average FE number of ~17.2 kmpl for the entire trip which I find to be very impressive. However, whenever I used the "Sports" mode for certain stretches there was a drastic drop in the average FE readings (it even came down to 14 kmpl levels).

- I have been observing a weird and intermittent issue with AC cooling. Whenever the car is cold started and the AC temp is set to 23/24, there is only a warm air blast. I need to manually reduce the AC temp to around 19/20 levels to receive cool air. Only after a good 1 to 1.5 hrs of driving, I start to receive cool air at the 23/24 deg setting.

I even took the car to the service center and explained to them this anomaly. The SA however wasn't ready to accept that there was any problem with the AC unit as the compressor was dispensing cool air when set to a lower setting. He says cool air starts only at below 22-degree setting and the air starts to mix at 23/24 setting, he wasn't able to explain why there was warm air on cold starts.

Has anyone experienced this anomaly? Is this normal behavior in Hyundai cars? In my previous car (2014 Honda City) I would receive a cool air blast at 24 deg setting itself irrespective of cold starts.
Old 5th January 2021, 19:49   #464
BANNED

Quote:
I have been observing a weird and intermittent issue with AC cooling. Whenever the car is cold started and the AC temp is set to 23/24, there is only a warm air blast. I need to manually reduce the AC temp to around 19/20 levels to receive cool air. Only after a good 1 to 1.5 hrs of driving, I start to receive cool air at the 23/24 deg setting.
Just for a thought, during the cold starts what is the outside temperature at that time while the ACC is set at 23 degrees?
Old 5th January 2021, 19:50   #465
BHPian

Quote:
The SA however wasn't ready to accept .... he wasn't able to explain why there was warm air on cold starts.
This is a recurring trend with SAs in some dealerships/ASCs. They point blank refuse to acknowledge the issue, or pin the blame on the driver for driving the car wrong/understanding something wrong.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks