Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2024, 23:50   #1951
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

I find the rear reflectors to be quite ineffective on the Creta. Wondering if something be done about it - like making it integrated with brake lights or rear tail lights so it has some illumination? Otherwise can it be made more reflective? If anyone has tried to make some changes without impact on warranty, I'd be interested to get more info!
Old 15th January 2024, 07:33   #1952
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I find the rear reflectors to be quite ineffective on the Creta. Wondering if something be done about it - like making it integrated with brake lights or rear tail lights so it has some illumination? Otherwise can it be made more reflective? If anyone has tried to make some changes without impact on warranty, I'd be interested to get more info!
Well, I think atleast the first gen Creta got a decent rear reflector. Not really sure though as I havent paid a close attention on it.

How about applying a small reflective film/tape? Not sure if it spoils the look. But I am totally against replacing this with those aftermarket brake lights. That totally defeats the purpose.
Old 15th January 2024, 10:24   #1953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

How about applying a small reflective film/tape? Not sure if it spoils the look. But I am totally against replacing this with those aftermarket brake lights. That totally defeats the purpose.
Thanks for your suggestion.

The reflectors on 2020 creta is not very effective. Overall Hyundai could have done a better job in terms of rear lights. I also wish they could have given the stop lamp bar at roof level rather than at tail light level.

In the dark, I find the illumination lacking compared to, say Seltos. We have both in the family so can make out the difference.

I am more inclined to connect reflectors to rear light (so it is always on when headlights are on, ideally it should be always on like DRL) rather than brake lights. Also would like to explore options to increase it's reflectiveness (if that's even a word ) without tinkering with it much.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 15th January 2024 at 10:49.
Old 18th January 2024, 12:36   #1954
BHPian

I am trying to procure the bumper corner protector accessory, code BVS27AP004 for my Creta 2023 model (screenshot attached from Hyundai Mobis website December 2023)

However the accessories incharge in Bangalore dealership mentions this particular accessory is out of stock and not available anywhere, due to the new 2024 Creta facelift

He mentions that Hyundai has stopped production of this accessory

Does Hyundai stop production of accessories for older models when new facelifts arrive?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot_20240118121224362-1.jpg  

Last edited by IamGetz : 18th January 2024 at 12:37. Reason: Uploaded attachment
Old 21st January 2024, 19:01   #1955

I own a Dec 2021 manufactured Creta SX. Recently I was trying to update the navigation app from Hyundai official site Hyundai Auto Ever.

Current version info:
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-be2091c375f546dd800182346266f443_1_105_c.jpeg

New version update:
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot-20240121-18.58.17.png

The map version is up-to-date but NAV APP has new version.

While I have followed the mentioned steps to prepare the USB stick for update, when I stick in the USB in car's USB port it is not identifying the update and asking me to install it.

Has anyone tried updating the navigation app from USB?

Ref: Update notice https://india.map-care.com/HM/EN/map...n=&searchWord=
Old 24th January 2024, 23:09   #1956

Thanks to TeamBHP for approving membership.

This is my first post. Been driving for over 25 yrs now. Learnt driving at a young age from my father.

First own car was a Hyundai Santro 1999 1L MT. Loved it.
Moved over to Honda City VTEC 2010 MT and then City iVTEC 2015 MT.

Driving in and around Delhi, with occasional 1-2 Hill Station trips with MT, wanted to explore Automatic with a higher stance and bigger tyres.

What fun it was at TD of Creta 1.4L Turbo DCT SX(O) !! Deal clinched away from Seltos alter ego in Oct 2020.

Had my share of Full AV replacement, Complete Steering Column replacement, Evaporator replacement under warranty. Thanks to Capital Hyundai, Noida.

I'm concerned about the reducing response, performance and increasing NVH from Engine + Gearbox.

Driving Habits:

1. Mostly drive relaxed in ECO mode, with Cruise engaged starting at 30kmph. Speed +- is the most used button on my steering. Found Cruise mode to the ideal to get best mileage like I experienced in City 2015.

2. Couple of times a month I use Paddle shifters to pull away in an overtake, or sports mode for some fun.

3. Use Auto Hold as much as possible and shift D to N when Auto Hold is engaged.

Maybe someone can help me understand : Does the AutoHold actually disengage the clutch even when on D. Since I'm not sure, I move to N.

4. Used to use creep in short gap traffic. Learnt from the forum to leave some space before moving again. If you leave a gap, you know someone will cut in and fill the gap for you in Delhi !!! Maybe not the best habit for DCT as I learnt from the forum.

Regular Service, always at Hyundai Service Center at 10-11K intervals. Have 5 Yr warranty 140KM. Don't have SOT !!!

Mostly fill regular petrol at IOCL COCO.

Having enjoyed the peppiness of the Turbo with smooth shifting DCT, with 60% in Delhi Traffic, 40% Highways, for more than 50K in 2 years, Now at 64k in 3.25 years, started noticing the following in the last 15K :

1. Morning Engine Ignitions can send a Diesel engine to a shame with heavy NVH. You can spot mine from 50m easy. It settles down when RPM comes down to about 800-900 RPM.
Hyundai Service Center says this is normal.

2. Starting in 1st gear from a stop seems sluggish and engine roars to 2k RPM to see decent movement.

It almost feels like if one keeps clutch half pressed in a MT and the engine roars without the car moving much and without any significant torque.

3. Engine noise and road noise has increased considerably in the cabin.

4. Initially the creep speed was high and would accelerate rapidly. This has died down significantly to the point that for moving forward, it's mostly not enough to release the brake completely. Need to press accelerator to move.

5. Using Cruise to jump +10 KM with long press, would accelerate the car way too much in the initial year or so ( as compared to the very well mannered and tuned cruise in City 2015 ). Now it drags quite a bit and to catch up +20-30 kmph, I need to press the accelerator.

6. Engine RPM sometimes behaves randomly. It increases by 800+ RPMs and drops suddenly, with accompanying high rev noise you can notice easily in the cabin.

7. At times, when gear shift should take place even at higher RPMs and shift designated speeds, the shift does not take place and I have to use the paddle shifters to manually take over the gears.

8. Pushing the accelerator down, causes shuddering and seems like DCT is not able to deliver all the torque to the wheels.

9. Even on brand new silk smooth roads like the one at sector 107, Noida and most tar highways, feel nagging vibrations on the steering and car floor to the point they make me feel tired. I hope it's not coming from the engine and / or the gear box.

IMO, maybe the clutch is worn out from city traffic start, stop and creeping.

Can the fellow owners of Creta 1.4L DCT advise, share their experience, feedback, advice...

Capital Hyundai Service Center claims they have never had a case like this before on a Creta 1.4L Turbo DCT.

In case I'm advised to take it to a Hyundai Service Center, which one and in case there is a recommended technician at the center, who has good experience with analysing and resolving such issues.

Thanks and Happy Motoring!!
regards,
Rohit
Old 13th February 2024, 00:54   #1957
BHPian

Dear bhpians, Is it possible to add the 3 point seatbelt for middle passenger in pre-facelift Creta - MY22? The latest version has this feature and this may not be a straight forward upgrade. But this is something I would like to have in my car even if it’s going to be a tedious job! I believe it will be worth the effort, if at all possible.
Old 21st February 2024, 14:55   #1958
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2017 Petrol AT Creta. Recently i started experiencing a very strange thing in my car. It refuses to go beyond 31kmph speed. This happens sometimes and goes away on its own.
Any suggestions on what the issue could be. Will appreciate your help.
Old 22nd February 2024, 20:15   #1959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabujsen View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2017 Petrol AT Creta. Recently i started experiencing a very strange thing in my car. It refuses to go beyond 31kmph speed.
I have the exact same model and have experienced this same behavior only once yet, while on the highway.
On reaching the destination, I turned the engine off, let it sit for a couple of hours and on turning on it was working fine as usual and is working fine since then. But I too was wondering what might have caused this issue.
Vikalp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 11:53   #1960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikalp View Post
I have the exact same model --- is working fine since then. But I too was wondering what might have caused this issue.
I have the 2018 AT Petrol one. Though not the same issue, I have some issues which I want to highlight incase someone has answers/solutions.
Key Out warning. This randomly comes on even if the hey is in the car. This morning, I left the key in the car, switched off the engine in N and opened the door. They alarm went off. I moved the lever to P and it went off. Last night, the engine is running, they key is in the car we were just standing still and the alarm went off. So random. Is this by design? What do you think is going on?

Second. When I lock the car, the rear hatch is still openable. It doesnt seem to lock along with the rest of the car. Has anyone faced this? Is this something that can be repaired/fixed?

Third and slightly unrelated. I was putting in some fuel this morning and as usual, I went over to the tyre pressure guy to top up. This guy identified so many issues with my two front tyres - I ended up shelling out 2k on his repairs - older punctures are leaking, new punctures were found (small ones though) and the inlet (not sure what it is called on BOTH tyres needed replacing. Has anyone faced such issues? I mean, when he put water on these areas, there were bubbles so he cant be cheating. But I felt like I was being cheated.
gtonsing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 16:36   #1961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
I have the 2018 AT Petrol one. Though not the same issue, I have some issues which I want to highlight incase someone has answers/solutions.
Key Out warning. Is this by design? What do you think is going on?
Maybe the key battery is low. I face the Key Out warning when the key battery is low.

Quote:
Second. When I lock the car, the rear hatch is still openable. It doesnt seem to lock along with the rest of the car. Has anyone faced this? Is this something that can be repaired/fixed?
This is by design. If the key is in your pocket/in the vicinity of the vehicle, the hatch can be opened even if the car is locked. Works same as the sensors on door handles.

Quote:
Third and slightly unrelated. I was putting in some fuel this morning and as usual, I went over to the tyre pressure guy to top up. Has anyone faced such issues? I mean, when he put water on these areas, there were bubbles so he cant be cheating. But I felt like I was being cheated.
Exact same thing happened with me too. Went to topup the air pressure, found 2 punctures in front left tyre and all the four valves were found leaking, ended up replacing all 4 of them. Had to go on a long trip so didn't thought much (better safe than sorry). Don't know if its a scam or not, but all this time the puncture guys were in my supervision, never left the tyres alone with them, so can't say.

Later found a thread here mentioning the common scams being pulled by puncture guys and people have mentioned similar scenarios.
Old 5th March 2024, 10:48   #1962

Hello All,

My question is for members who have Creta with sunroof:

1. Did you face any mechanical issues with respect to opening/closing of sunroof after multiple years of ownership?

2. Any instances of water leakage through sunroof, especially those with open parking?

I am considering Creta as an option for replacing my existing car, but bit skeptical about sunroof as functionality which is common nowadays in all mid to top level variants in SUV's.
Old 5th March 2024, 10:52   #1963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar_Om View Post
Hello All,

My question is for members who have Creta with sunroof:

1. Did you face any mechanical issues with respect to opening/closing of sunroof after multiple years of ownership?

2. Any instances of water leakage through sunroof, especially those with open parking?

I am considering Creta as an option for replacing my existing car, but bit skeptical about sunroof as functionality which is common nowadays in all mid to top level variants in SUV's.
No such issue in our car. Although we have closed parking. But you can skimp through this thread and you will not find any such complaints. It would be safe to assume they work just fine.
Old 15th March 2024, 20:26   #1964
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Hyundai Creta Adventure Edition User Review

Hyundai Adventure Edition (Petrol) IVT SX(O) . 22000 km review

The Vehicle: Creta AE IVT SX(O) Petrol
Date of purchase: 06.10.2023
ODO: 22235 as on date(15.03.2024)

Every single person have their own hobbies. And here I am who is having passion of driving. All of my road trips after the purchase of my very first vehicle way back in 2009 were meant to enjoy driving. Believe me, I never ever thought of the destinations because, rather than destination, my preference was driving. I spent un accounted amount of time in driving seat, slept countless number of times in driver,s seat in petrol bunks and spent huge amount of money in feeding my vehicles and maintaining it. People call me crazy which I thankfully acknowledge.

I started driving at the age of 27 and had been continuously driving for last 10 years(except 5 years of my foreign stay). After the recent trip I am happy to share that I have driven 500000 kms on Indian roads with my 5 vehicles I owned till date. I love all those 5 vehicles the most as each one of them served me the way I was expecting. I treated them as of my own family member with maintaining those as regular intervals, keeping those clean and enjoying every second I sat inside those.

A brief history of vehicles used

1.Maruti Suzuki Wagon R VXI(Petrol) Manual

The very first vehicle I owned was Maruti Suzuki WagonR, way back in 2009 while I was posted in Mumbai. The vehicle was used as a regular commuter in Mumbai from Borivali to BKC on a daily basis. Used the vehicle for 3 years with ODO standing at 134000 kms while I sold it. I did 4 trips to Kerala in those 3 years from Mumbai with my better half and my daughter who was an infant during those days. I sold the vehicle in 2012 as I had to relocate to Hong Kong due to my official obligation.

2. Maruti Suzuki Swift ZXI(Petrol) Manual

I returned back to India in February 2017 and the very first thing I done was purchasing of a car for my usage. The swift was the companian of mine during that time. The vehicle again was used extensively during my ownership tenure of 3 years. It took us across all the south states of KL, TN, AP, KA and GA number of times. Whenever there is an opportunity of long weekend or holidays, we used to take it for a spin. As a result the ODO was at 128000 kms when I decided to sell it in June 2020.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-swift.jpeg

3. Hyundai Creta Phantom Black(SX) Manual 2020

The itch to upgrade from Swift ended up in having a black beauty at home. Creta was full of convenience when I upgraded from Swift. The whole driving dynamics changed for me and the passion for driving increased multiple times due to the purchase of Creta. I was posted at Chennai and Creta became my companion on my every drove to Kerala. The personal responsibilities back home ensured that I had to drive once in a month from Chennai to KL. During my ownership period of 2 years, I drove more than 20 times from Chennai to Cochin by Creta. Moreover we have multiples number of trips to Pandarpur, Mumbai and Goa. All these resulted in Creta clocking 145000 kms in 2 years time.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-creta-2020.jpeg
4. Mahindra Thar HT Petrol MT 2022

Jeep was allways a dream vehicle for me and resultantly I ended up in owning a Mahindra Thar in June 2022. The vehicle was used for all my fun drives. Even though I was situated at Chennai, I had a Thar group back in Kerala who were mostly engaged in off roading. Whenever I got opportunity, I made myself available for off roading camps organised by them across Gods Own Country. It took me to remote places in Kerala, gave high level of driving satisfaction and the most importantly abundance of confidence. Unfortunately I sold it in June 2023 as I was transfered to Mumbai and was looking for a BH registration, with ODO was at 72000 kms.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-thar-.jpeg

5. Hyundai Creta 2023 Ranger Khakhi (DT) IVT Petrol

The quest for a new vehicle on transfering to Mumbai ended up with Hyundai Creta AE. My wife fell for it at her first sight plus we already had hastle free experience of owning a Creta. So we decided to go ahead with it and we bought the AE of Creta on 06.10.2023 with BH registration. It is my daily commuter to office at Nariman Point from my residence at Seawoods.Now as on date the vehicle clocked 22200 kms .

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-creta-2023.jpeg

The car was purchased in October 2023 from Sharyu Hyundai, Navi Mumbai. The delivery experience was good with team provided me every update from the date of booking. PDI was done as per Team BHP provided list and ODO was showing 13 kms while doing PDI. I use the car for my office commute and on a daily basis it is covering 80 kms to and fro. In addition I already did two Mumbai to Trivandrum trips and a couple of Mumbai to Goa trip.

Prons

1. Handling: This is the first non manual car I owning in life. It was a big relief especially in the notorious Mumbai traffic. The auto hold function is an added advantage too. On the highways, since being a NA engine, I was missing the initial punch. But slowly after gaining speed, the car was a fun to drive. Even at tripple digit speeds, handling was good. I never drove it above 110 km/hr and I allways love sedate driving with some music on.

2.NVH: Very low levels of NVH of petrol engine ensured the driving at 100 km/hr smooth. The stock JK tyre noise was only the exception when the speed exceeded 100 km/hr.

3. Comfort: The sole reason my family is inclined towards this vehicle. IT offers sheer comfort for both front and back occupants. The drive was joyful with soft touch suspension, automatic climate control(chills out cabin fast), The cool glove box, the user friendly and hastle free touch screen and panaromic sun roof(kids enjoying the most). The back seat occupants are also having AC vents and arm rests which added to the convenience.

4. Boot Space: Had sufficient boot space which can easily carry two trolys and a couple of carry bags.

Cons

1. The vehicle felt a bit of lacking confidence in speeds north of 110(only once tried but never exceeded 120 km/hr). The steering was not generating enough confidence at speeds above 110 km/hr.

2. Hyundai could have used more soft touch materials in the cabin for 20 lcs plus vehicle. Most of the parts in the cabin felt of missing in quality.

3. The notorious 3 star rating of Creta allways there as a negative which is already discussed a lot here.

Overall I and more importantly my family is happy with the vehicle, I am planning to keep this for a bit more time than I kept my previous vehicles. The sedative driving nature of mine is making this purchase a good one.
vimalvittaladas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 19:46   #1965
Senior - BHPian

Hi Folks. Looking for guidance for a situation with one of the tyres. Mine is Sep 2021 SX IVT which came with 215/60 17" Apollo Alnac 4G. So far not faced any issue other than one puncture during 13k km history.

This morning I started driving and before I could reach my apartment exit gate, rear left tyre gave way. Immediately parked it in visitor parking and found a hole on the side wall (pic attached). I don't remember hitting anything or any impact damage in past few days (car has been sparingly used for weekend trips to mall or running some errands). Nothing out of ordinary or any highway run in last couple of months.
I am wondering if this is some serious manufacturing /workmanship issue and should I reach out to ASC to check for warranty claim? Has anyone experience this type of damage and any luck with warranty claim?

Also I searched for exact tyre for replacement but no dealer in Whitefield Bangalore has it. They mentioned that it is not available in market and Apollo only supplies to Hyundai and other OEMs for new cars. Since other tyres are in very good condition with lot of life left, I don't want to replace them just yet and hence want to go with just replacement OEM tyre for now. Any suggestion where can I find it in Bangalore?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20240318_141759.jpg  

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 18th March 2024 at 19:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks