Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2023, 17:05   #1861
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshVShrotriya View Post
As mentioned in my earlier post, got the 360 camera installed in my new Creta (March 2023) from Advaith Hyundai (local authorised Hyundai dealer in Bangalore). You have two options : one for 30k (without dynamic line guidance and recording) and second called "Pro" for 35k (which I chose, has dynamic guidance and recording).

Been working well since installation, no complaints thus far (touchwood).

Details can be found on dhcindia.com.

Disclaimer: while the ad and boxes say designed exclusively for Hyundai, my experience says these are generic cameras, so be careful and use the camera for guidance (don't blindly rely for actual distance from objects).

Thank you. Few questions:

1. Remote is needed for its operation or do the cameras turn on automatically on putting indicators or in drive/reverse mode?

2. Is the original reverse camera still functional or not? If functional, did they tamper with existing wiring?

3. Did you get sensors installed in the front?

4. How is the camera quality?
Old 25th July 2023, 18:43   #1862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy2021 View Post
Thank you. Few questions:

1. Remote is needed for its operation or do the cameras turn on automatically on putting indicators or in drive/reverse mode?

2. Is the original reverse camera still functional or not? If functional, did they tamper with existing wiring?

3. Did you get sensors installed in the front?

4. How is the camera quality?
Hey mate,

Here we go:

1. Remote is only needed when you need to see the playback. It is not needed when you are operating the vehicle. I touched remote 3 times in as many months (just to make sure everything is working). The cameras function just as normal. Just imagine you have a 360 dashcam who's display is plug and play with your head unit. When you power on the car, the cameras start rolling automatically. When you switch off, cameras switch off.
When you switch on indicators the respective side view comes on. Similarly, when you are reversing, rear view display comes on. Want to see infront? Just click on standard View/Camera button on console (that you use for normal reverse view).

2. Difficult to say for me. The current reverse camera is quality is similar to what I saw in my test drive vehicle. However, as I pointed in my earlier post in this forum, there is an additional reverse camera they have installed. Not sure if they use original one for the image and the second one for the dynamic guide lines, or if the original camera is now redundant. Didn’t bother to get into that detail. I had checked about warranty (if that's your concern) and was informed that as its a Hyundai accessory being installed by Hyindai authorised service center, there are no concerns. However, please do the due diligence at your end.

3. No, I did not feel the need for front sensors. While I do not trust the 360 view, till date the display has been up to the mark and given me enough guidance (in combination with my own experience and intuition).

4. I must say so far (touchwood again), I have had no complains with camera quality. I have used it in day, night, rain, basement etc. It comes up when I expect it, switches off when I expect. When I test drove Scorpio N, I felt it's reversing camera had a very slight lag or slowness to it. I did not find it in Creta's original reverse camera and neither do I see any such lag/slowness in any of the 4 cameras that have been installed in my car.

Last edited by HarshVShrotriya : 25th July 2023 at 19:00. Reason: Accidentally pressed save
HarshVShrotriya is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 18:59   #1863
BHPian

Quote:
1. Remote is only needed when you need to see the playback.
====
When you
Thank you so much for the details. Btw, can you please answers other questions as well if possible. Really appreciate it.

Quote:
Hey mate,

Here we go:

Thank you so much for such a detailed response. I will check with the dealer regarding installation of this DHC camera.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 4th August 2023 at 19:51. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
Old 27th July 2023, 09:40   #1864
BHPian

Quote:
As mentioned in my earlier post, got the 360 camera installed in my new Creta (March 2023) from Advaith Hyundai (local authorised Hyundai dealer in Bangalore).
Thank you for sharing your experience with this setup. Looks good.

One quick question - does it allow the inbuilt maps or Google map via Apple Car Play or Android Auto to display while using side indicators or does it override everything else on the screen?
Old 27th July 2023, 16:44   #1865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
One quick question - does it allow the inbuilt maps or Google map via Apple Car Play or Android Auto to display while using side indicators or does it override everything else on the screen?
No, as per what I have seen, you cannot have the map displayed along with the side view display (while using side indicators). If you are making quick consecutive turns (within seconds), yes it maybe tricky. I have not faced too much hassle lile that, as normally I use my info section in MID for having directions too. Also, I do not use Android Auto, as personally I did not like the music streamed with Android Auto (compared to normal Bluetooth streaming).

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 4th August 2023 at 19:50. Reason: Typos
HarshVShrotriya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 18:49   #1866
BHPian

Just a quick question on all those who own Creta 2020, the new model with the Trio Beam LED Set up.

Does anybody feel that the Trio Beam LED is a bit dull? Do you feel that the throw of the light is a bit under-cooked, especially during the on-coming traffic with high beam?

The lights function admirably when it is dark and there is no on-coming traffic. But the moment there is some on-coming traffic, the road appears rather dark and it is difficult to clearly see the road. I used to have the same issue with my Hyundai Accent as well.

If so, any changes/modifications anybody has done to the headlight setup? I have an SX(O) so tinkering with the Trio Beam is out of question (as was reiterated to me). So at best some modification to the Fog Lights set-up could be possible.

Any views on this? Any leads on where this can be done? And what can be installed without voiding warranty?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 4th August 2023 at 19:49. Reason: Typos and punctuation.
Old 5th August 2023, 07:50   #1867
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roark View Post
Does anybody feel that the Trio Beam LED is a bit dull? Do you feel that the throw of the light is a bit under-cooked, especially during the on-coming traffic with high beam?

If so, any changes/modifications anybody has done to the headlight setup? I have an SX(O) so tinkering with the Trio Beam is out of question (as was reiterated to me). So at best some modification to the Fog Lights set-up could be possible.

Any views on this? Any leads on where this can be done? And what can be installed without voiding warranty?
Not just you, many have this issue. There's an Alcazar here and I noticed this as well.

The most practical solution would be to switch the headlights to the projector type (the one that comes in lower variants) and add HID's. That's the best combo. Have seen few people do that here. I drive the 2015 Creta with projectors. Pretty happy with the stock lights.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 09:42   #1868
BHPian

Finally decided to take the plunge and booked SX(O) IVT PETROL as we only needed a 5 seater. Thanks to everyone who clarified my questions from sometime.

We already have a 2 year old Kia Seltos GTX + AT Diesel and it didn't make sense to buy the same, just for facelifted one. Also, decided to move away from Diesel due to DPF issue for low usage and mostly city driving.

Waiting for facelifted version was not possible as we need the car in a month or two. Would definitely miss the 360 camera like on Kia but as Bhpian @HarshVShrotriya mentioned might go for DHC 360 camera set up from dealer if possible.

Hope I made the right decision. Will definitely have more questions in coming weeks closer to delivery.
Thanks again bhpians!!
carguy2021 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 11:28   #1869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy2021 View Post
Finally decided to take the plunge and booked SX(O) IVT PETROL as we only needed a 5 seater. Thanks to everyone who clarified my questions from sometime.

We already have a 2 year old Kia Seltos GTX + AT Diesel and it didn't make sense to buy the same, just for facelifted one. Also, decided to move away from Diesel due to DPF issue for low usage and mostly city driving.

Waiting for facelifted version was not possible as we need the car in a month or two. Would definitely miss the 360 camera like on Kia but as Bhpian @HarshVShrotriya mentioned might go for DHC 360 camera set up from dealer if possible.

Hope I made the right decision. Will definitely have more questions in coming weeks closer to delivery.
Thanks again bhpians!!
Congratulations IVT is very reliable, no non-sense transmission and SX(O) provides all bells and whistles. You can't go wrong with the choice. Wish you many happy miles!

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 5th August 2023 at 11:31.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 14:46   #1870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Not just you, many have this issue. There's an Alcazar here and I noticed this as well.

The most practical solution would be to switch the headlights to the projector type (the one that comes in lower variants) and add HID's. That's the best combo. Have seen few people do that here. I drive the 2015 Creta with projectors. Pretty happy with the stock lights.
And what about the warranty? Changing the headlights to a Projector Set-up, wouldn't it void the warranty?
Or as the numerous YouTube Videos go 'coupler to coupler' set up won't void warranty.
Just feel it is a Catch-22. Definitely need good Headlights but then don't want a blowback from Hyundai for changing the standard set-up!!
Old 5th August 2023, 18:03   #1871
BHPian

One of the easier solutions is projector fog lamps. Have seen quite a few Cretas with bright lamps. There are many types available in the market. Here is the thread for your reading.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ns-market.html (Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market)
Col Mehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 07:49   #1872
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And what about the warranty? Changing the headlights to a Projector Set-up, wouldn't it void the warranty?
Or as the numerous YouTube Videos go 'coupler to coupler' set up won't void warranty.
Just feel it is a Catch-22. Definitely need good Headlights but then don't want a blowback from Hyundai for changing the standard set-up!!
People I know got the swap from HASS. That would be the best option. Aftermarket projectors can vary in quality.

I would recommend aftermarket projectors for fogs because:

1) Wont have the range like headlights (short throw).
2) Even if they do have good range, it can blind oncoming drivers.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 6th August 2023 at 07:53.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 15:53   #1873
BHPian

Now Creta ( Petrol ) and Alcazar are going to be available in camo green.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-fb_img_1691401683254.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-fb_img_1691401686298.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-fb_img_1691401689083.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-fb_img_1691401693262.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-fb_img_1691404035171.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-fb_img_1691404039611.jpg  

Last edited by Hickstead : 7th August 2023 at 16:02.
Hickstead is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 18:23   #1874
BHPian

Wow .. this means these extra accessories shall be available for existing creta as well!!
Old 7th August 2023, 18:46   #1875
BHPian

Quote:
Just a quick question on all those who own Creta 2020, the new model with the Trio Beam LED Set up.

The lights function admirably when it is dark and there is no on-coming traffic. But the moment there is some on-coming traffic, the road appears rather dark and it is difficult to clearly see the road. I used to have the same issue with my Hyundai Accent as well.
I own a 2020 SX(O) DCT and felt the inadequate throw from the specially designed Trio-beam headlights and the miniscule halogen bulb in the fog lamp assembly in the first month of ownership, when I was driving and my friend asked me to switch on the headlights as it was getting dark and those were already switched on . There were instances where I was really finding it difficult to see especially in rains or on a well light street.
I started looking for alternatives and created a ticket also with Hyundai along with some of the other folks and all I got in response was that It is specially designed and you may expect this much illumination only. Trust me this issue has been to the highest possible level in Hyundai but got no ears.
Someone suggested an upgrade of the fog lamps from the 35W halogen bulb to a 35W LED from the Brand Excelite which is the OEM bulb.
I have seen a lot of improvement in the visibility after the upgrade and have suggested this change to many of my friends.

Sharing some of the before and after pics for your reference.

1. Existing setup
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20220225195756.jpg

2. The upgraded LED product box
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20220225195840.jpg

3. Illumination with only Fog lights.
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20220225202852.jpg

4. Illumination with only Headlights
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20220225202848.jpg

5. Illumination with Headlights & Fog lights.
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20220225202911.jpg

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Sheel : 10th August 2023 at 09:01. Reason: Strictly no mention of any WhatsApp / Telegram group. Thanks.
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks