Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2023, 13:28   #1801
KPR
BANNED

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

I was about to purchase Ecosports sports model for the benefit of 6 airbags and a good diesel mill (in April 2021 when OTR was 14.3Lakhs). Then later I continued to drive my Punto as I found ES as only a lateral upgrade only over Punto. Now again I'm in a dilemma whether to get base variant of Creta E diesel (2023 model comes with 6 airbags) at OTR of 14.5Lakhs with benefits of liberating space and getting out of 4m boundary. I don't want to spend more than14L on a car. But with sky rocketing car prices and threat of electric cars I would like put in money now and get a diesel for next 10 years of my usage. Now my queries are:
1. Any DPF warning related issues in 2023 Creta Diesel?
2. I will be more than happy to extend my component sub woofer setup to Creta base variant. However I may need to install steering controls after market. Is it advisable? How effective is it ? Any member who has installed it?

Last edited by KPR : 30th May 2023 at 13:29.
Old 1st June 2023, 11:17   #1802
BHPian

Creta has loads of space and good seating as compared to ES. Their diesel mill with gearbox is one of the best combo in this range. Despite driving in Bangalore traffic every day, I have not seen any warning so far past 2years.
Yes you get all fitments in the market except ABS and airbags but i might be wrong there as well.
Anandg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 03:12   #1803
BHPian

Hey Folks! so I just booked the Creta SX(O) version. I have a few doubts and would love your views.

I really love the Knight edition interiors because they look premium and also I have a dog. So black will be easier to maintain.

The knight edition is available for just 17k more and we really like the dual tone version. I love everything about it except the all black alloys. Even though its the top variant but doesn't come with the diamond cut ones. I asked the SA if I can swap the black ones for the diamond cut ones. He suggested to sell the black ones on OLX first. Did anyone ever did anything like this? Selling their alloys right after buying a new car?

Apart from the dual tone white, I really liked the titan grey colour too! It just looks super premium. Does anyone own the Knight edition in Titan colour? I couldn't find many images/videos of it online. Found this video on of the s+ variant.
Name:  hq720.png
Views: 981
Size:  158.2 KB

Apart from these, I am also very confused about upgrading to Alcazar instead.

Pros:
1. 3rd row - good place for my doggo to be in. Has ac vents too.
2. New Digital instrument cluster with blind view monitoring.
3. 360 degree camera
4. Ambient lighting with colour change option
5. Front parking sensors.

These are mostly features that I am sure a new version of Creta is going to have. So am just wondering that am I buying an outgoing, older gen of Creta?

Cons:
1. Almost 3 lakhs extra cost which will stretch my budget further.

I have been going through this thread a lot. I currently own a grand i10 and excited to be a part of the new creta family ^_^
Old 4th June 2023, 07:57   #1804
Senior - BHPian

As a current owner of a Creta, I would suggest you go for the Alcazar, it really is a more " complete" Creta, with the right space for your family and dog , plus more flexible boot space when needed, a more powerful engine ( 1.5 turbo petrol) and more features than the Creta. For 3l extra, I'd say its a bargain. You wont get those pangs of regret when you see the Alcazar pass by. Only thing is it is 200mm longer, but still manageable overall at 4.5m .

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 4th June 2023 at 07:59.
Old 5th June 2023, 13:28   #1805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
As a current owner of a Creta, I would suggest you go for the Alcazar, it really is a more " complete" Creta
These are my exact thoughts whenever I think of Alcazar. It has all those features which I found missing in the current gen Creta. Thanks for the reply.

Hmm, I will really think about it and discuss with my family.
sumeetchawla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 17:32   #1806
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeetchawla View Post
These are my exact thoughts whenever I think of Alcazar. It has all those features which I found missing in the current gen Creta. Thanks for the reply.

Hmm, I will really think about it and discuss with my family.
The Carens and the Alcazar are perhaps the most feature-rich 6/7 seaters you can get under 25 lakhs, with the Alcazar having the more SUV-like looks as compared to the MUV silhouette of the Carens, the Alcazar looks the part too, but if you are not too obsessed with features, you could also get base to mid-spec trims of the Mahindra Scorpio-N, Petrol CVT Toyota Innova Hycross, Mahindra XUV700, and Tata Safari for prices similar to the Alcazar Signature Trim, however, these won't be as feature-loaded as the Alcazar.

Do check them out, if you are looking at alternatives to the 7-seater Alcazar.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 11:06   #1807
BHPian

Hi All! I got my SX(O) Automatic petrol about a month and a half ago. I believe the first service is at the 2 month mark. I need to do a trip that would be around 2000Km in total (not at a stretch). What's the ideal way for a new car, specifically for Creta?
1. Finish the trip and then get the servicing done to get the car back to a good condition?
2. Get the servicing done, ensuring the car is in a "good" condition for the long trip?

People always say not to stress a new car before the first servicing but I don't know if it applies to newer cars and I don't mean to stress the car to its limits anyways.
Old 9th June 2023, 12:11   #1808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
Hi All! I got my SX(O) Automatic petrol about a month and a half ago. I believe the first service is at the 2 month mark. I need to do a trip that would be around 2000Km in total (not at a stretch). What's the ideal way for a new car, specifically for Creta?
1. Finish the trip and then get the servicing done to get the car back to a good condition?
2. Get the servicing done, ensuring the car is in a "good" condition for the long trip?

People always say not to stress a new car before the first servicing but I don't know if it applies to newer cars and I don't mean to stress the car to its limits anyways.
First service is within 2 months or 1500km whichever is earlier. It is simple check up and nothing major is done like oil /filter change so you won't feel any difference in driving. Just to be compliant with the service interval of kms and get the basics checked, you should finish it before the upcoming long trip.

For your first long trip - If you car is currently less than 1000km done then my advise would be to drive it within 100kmph speed and also try not to drive at a constant speed for too long (vary the speed once in a while during long highway run).

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 9th June 2023 at 12:19.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 13:01   #1809
BHPian

Guys, what is the size of rear windshield wiper blade on Creta 2021 model ? Mine one works flawlessly but I am changing it as it's been 2 years now and never changed it before. I am also getting Bosch frameless wiper blades for front windshield with upcoming rains in sight. I'll post review here after a month or so.
Old 13th June 2023, 13:31   #1810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Guys, what is the size of rear windshield wiper blade on Creta 2021 model ? Mine one works flawlessly but I am changing it as it's been 2 years now and never changed it before. I am also getting Bosch frameless wiper blades for front windshield with upcoming rains in sight. I'll post review here after a month or so.
Can you let me know what is the size required for the front wiper blades and where did you get them from?
Old 13th June 2023, 14:57   #1811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Can you let me know what is the size required for the front wiper blades and where did you get them from?
Front wiper blades are 26" driver side and 16" passanger side. I've ordered both from Amazon

Bosch | CLEAR Advantage (Single) | Flat Blade Performance Wiper Blade | Size 16 Inch

Bosch 3397016584 Clear Advantage 26-inch Wiper Blade for Passenger Cars https://amzn.eu/d/4fslgZN
Akshay6988 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 19:12   #1812
BHPian

Hyundai has launched 7 variants of side airbag compatible seat covers for the 2nd generation Creta in India. The prices are in the range of INR 7999-8999 inclusive of all taxes.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-sab.png

News source : https://hyundaimobisin.com/products/...ries/new-creta
Chhanda Das is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 07:06   #1813
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Front - 26"/16"
Rear - 12"

I am currently using my 3rd rear wiper in 8 years now. I got it from Boodmo.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 08:06   #1814
BHPian

Hello everyone!!!
I've been an avid reader of Team BHP for the last couple of years and the forum has helped me decide my first car in the family.
I have a Hyundai Venue 1.2 SX Petrol MT in the family.
So we are a joint family and it has been decided that the venue will be given to Dad's younger brother who stays in Nashik.
Now I'm in a dilemma of purchasing a new car.
We are a family of 4 proper adults and our running is low. Yet There's an itch of buying a diesel as we dont know if the diesel engines might get discontinued.

Have shortlisted the Creta SX 1.5 Diesel but I have a couple of questions.

•What is the real life mileage?
•Also should I go for Diesel since my running is low? Does it cause problems if the car is kept idle for days?
•Also how's the headlight throw on highways? My venues throw can be termed strictly average.

Thank you!!
Old 19th June 2023, 11:36   #1815
Senior - BHPian

1) Real life mileage of Creta diesel ( AT) is about 20+ on highways and at least 13kmpl in city conditions.
2) Diesel may not be the ideal choice considering the emerging scenario around automotive fuels.
3) Head light throw of the LEDs is strictly average.
Suggestion- if you are thinking about Creta, go for the Alcazar, it has the powerful 160bhp turbo petrol engine, and a more flexible boot space besides more useful features like 360 deg camera etc. It will be also a better upgrade over the Venue.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks