Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2023, 08:28   #1831
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by behzad View Post

Twice in the last 2 years the battery has just given out and had to be replaced in an emergency on the road.

The second time was recently in may while the driver tried to move the car to the parking area after dropping us at an event.
The car also gives me a mileage of approx 6 kmpl. Is that normal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
There's definitely something wrong with the battery. Battery in a petrol car should easily last 4-5 years. Check if it's still under warranty. And which brand is it? If it's Exide, I wouldnt be surprised as I had similar issues on my Swift. Since then, I have been using Amaron and it's been great. My last battery lasted 5 years on a diesel car which is pretty impressive.

As for the mileage, Hyundai AT's are known for their poor mileage figures, but 6kmpl is pretty low. Our Alcazar 2.0 petrol AT gave 6-7kmpl initially but after getting the service done (changing filters, engine oil), it averages around 10kmpl.
As Mr Naveen said, battery should last 3-4 years easily. I also vouch for Amaron (get the one with highest warranty for peace of mind).

Coming to your concern, one thing I wanted to check. Is your car chauffer driven? Do you have a reason to believe that driver is using car music system or fan when the car is off? That could be one of the reasons for low battery life. Secondly, does he idle a lot while waiting for passengers? That can explain poor mileage.

Thirdly, is your car sparingly used and not driven for long periods? That could weaken the battery.

If you don't find above things applies to you then you should also check if there is any leakage of current from the battery which should not happen when the car is off (any accessories like dashcam, phone charger or any other reason).

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 30th June 2023 at 08:42.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 09:53   #1832

Thank you for your help.

The car is usually driven by my wife or me. She prefers we use the Creta over the sedans when we go out together. Driver takes it rarely.

Yes, we do keep the engine idling at least 2 hours every week when we take our son for his classes, at that time the AC is on and the phone is connected.

I'll switch cars for a month and check.
behzad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 09:53   #1833
BHPian

Quote:

Could you please help me get an idea on what I need to check?
Apart from earlier replies (all valid), please also get your battery charging points checked. If battery is not getting charged properly it can cause issues too.

For fuel efficiency: It's such a subjective topic as it depends on lot of variables - Peak hour driving, Style of driving (pedal to the medal v/s sedate driving style), Load on A/C, etc. Just to give you an example: my 2023 1.5 NA Creta gives avg of around 11 kmpl v/s my friend's 2023 1.0 turbo i20 which gives him about 9.5. He loves to feel the engine and I love to cruise.
Best way to assess fuel efficiency will be to do short 15 kms sedate drive in ideal conditions (not pushing rpm above 2.5k mark, less traffic, etc), and then compare the numbers with normal driving style. If that has no bearing on the efficiency and you still get low numbers, then there maybe things that can be looked at.
Old 30th June 2023, 11:06   #1834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes, we do keep the engine idling at least 2 hours every week when we take our son for his classes, at that time the AC is on and the phone is connected.

Oh boy! If you keep the engine idle for hours then how can you expect a better mileage? I don't think there's anything wrong with the car per se, just your expectation

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 30th June 2023 at 11:12.
Aviator_guy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 09:37   #1835
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hello, fellow BHPians!
One of my family members is considering getting an SUV as a replacement for his sedan, he has almost finalized his choices and feels the Creta is a worthy contender.

He is inclined towards the Hyundai Creta SX(O) IVT as he is getting the same at 20.95 lakhs on-road Kerala, and it has most of the features he could ask for and is a serious contender, but with a couple of SUV launches this month, he is confused, about whether this would be the right option, It would be great if fellow Creta owners share their experiences on the model. He is also getting the Creta SX(O) Diesel AT at 22.75 lakhs on-road but doesn't feel the need to spend the extra 1.8 lakhs for a diesel considering his low yearly running. Moreover, he is getting the SX IVT at 19.45 lakhs on-road as well, and the feature differences between the SX and SX(O) IVT don't seem to be too many.

So if we are going for the Creta, is the SX(O) worth the extra 1.5 lakhs over the SX and should we stick with the Petrol CVT or go for the Diesel AT? If not should we skip the Creta altogether and get the Seltos IVT or Seltos Diesel AT at around 2 lakhs discount over current on-road prices or is the facelift Seltos worth waiting for? or should we go a segment higher and get the Compass Petrol DCT (now discontinued but available at a 3 lakh discount)?

Going for a new car in the 25 lakh price bracket opens up a lot of options and we are quite confused, any help would be greatly appreciated!
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 09:51   #1836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
Hello, fellow BHPians!
One of my family members is considering getting an SUV as a replacement for his sedan, he has almost finalized his choices and feels the Creta is a worthy contender.

He is inclined towards the Hyundai Creta SX(O) IVT as he is getting the same at 20.95 lakhs on-road Kerala, and it has most of the features he could ask for and is a serious contender, but with a couple of SUV launches this month, he is confused, about whether this would be the right option, It would be great if fellow Creta owners share their experiences on the model. He is also getting the Creta SX(O) Diesel AT at 22.75 lakhs on-road but doesn't feel the need to spend the extra 1.8 lakhs for a diesel considering his low yearly running. Moreover, he is getting the SX IVT at 19.45 lakhs on-road as well, and the feature differences between the SX and SX(O) IVT don't seem to be too many.

So if we are going for the Creta, is the SX(O) worth the extra 1.5 lakhs over the SX and should we stick with the Petrol CVT or go for the Diesel AT? If not should we skip the Creta altogether and get the Seltos IVT or Seltos Diesel AT at around 2 lakhs discount over current on-road prices or is the facelift Seltos worth waiting for? or should we go a segment higher and get the Compass Petrol DCT (now discontinued but available at a 3 lakh discount)?

Going for a new car in the 25 lakh price bracket opens up a lot of options and we are quite confused, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Let's get the fuel bit sorted. If running is low then diesel is out of question - not only due to economics but BS-6 diesel engines are prone to DPF issue because of low running. Not to mention about the uncertain future of diesel cars.

Choice between SX and SX(O) really boils down whether your friend cares about the extra bells and whistles like ventilated seats, Bose audio, electric seat adjustment and most importantly 2 extra airbags. If budget is not a problem then your friend should go for the SX(O).

Seltos IVT is also a strong contender, specially with the discounts. If your friend is not bothered about missing panaromic sunroof or other feautres vs Creta then it is not a bad choice. Otherwise new seltos is just around the corner and would be tough to ignore vs Creta (it would be costly than the outgoing model but since your friend's budget is 25L,it shouldn't be an issue).

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 1st July 2023 at 09:56.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 09:53   #1837

Quote:
Hi, I need a little help with my wife's Creta. its a 2017 model with a 1.6 petrol engine with an automatic transmission.

Twice in the last 2 years the battery has just given out and had to be replaced in an emergency on the road.

The first instance was when my then 3 year old tapped the engine start stop button while wife was driving and the car just stopped in the middle of the road and refused to start.

The second time was recently in may while the driver tried to move the car to the parking area after dropping us at an event. Had to leave the festivities to attend to the battery guy. Not entirely sure if this is normal life of a battery in this car. Asking this as my Cruze battery usually lasts around 3 years.

The car also gives me a mileage of approx 6 kmpl. Is that normal?
I am not bothered about the cost but the fact that there might be something wrong with the car.

Could you please help me get an idea on what I need to check?

I too have same model and get an average of 6 for Mumbai driving. It goes up with higher RON fuel in my case however drops very fast if I keep car ac on while car is stationary.
Old 1st July 2023, 11:39   #1838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello, fellow BHPians!

He is inclined towards the Hyundai Creta SX(O) IVT as he is getting the same at 20.95 lakhs on-road Kerala, and it has most of the features he could ask for and is a serious contender, but with a couple of SUV launches this month, he is confused, about whether this would be the right option,

Why dont you recommend the best Creta that is out there, AKA the Alcazar with the 1.5 Turbo petrol, same or better features than the regular Creta and a flexible interior with 5/7 seat capability ?If the budget is up to 25L, then the Alcazar Signature is quite within reach as well !
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 12:00   #1839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Why dont you recommend the best Creta that is out there, AKA the Alcazar with the 1.5 Turbo petrol, same or better features than the regular Creta and a flexible interior with 5/7 seat capability ?If the budget is up to 25L, then the Alcazar Signature is quite within reach as well !
This was an option we were considering initially, but the need for the 6th and/or 7th seat will only crop up occasionally, else it will be just 3 people traveling, so
we decided to check out the Creta instead, maybe I will have to reconsider it!
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 12:28   #1840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Choice between SX and SX(O) really boils down whether your friend cares about the extra bells and whistles like ventilated seats, Bose audio, electric seat adjustment and most importantly 2 extra airbags. If budget is not a problem then your friend should go for the SX(O).
I think the current version of SX ivt also has 6 air bags. My friend and I both booked Creta. He booked the SX version where as I booked the SX(O) version. His car is almost about to be delivered but I put mine on hold.

The SXO is coming for on road price of Rs 19 lakhs (Kolkata). Where as the SX was coming for around 17.9 lakhs. The difference between the two were quite considerable, specially cause am moving from Grand i10 after 9 years.

The major differences according to me:
  1. Bose Speakers
  2. TPMS Highline
  3. A better, digital cluster compared to SX
  4. Electrically Adjustable Driver seat (though not a big deal for me)
  5. Front Ventilated Seats
  6. Also, I wanted the knight edition as I wanted all black interiors (I got a doggo, easier to maintain). Knight edition is only available in SXO

So if these features are important for your friend, I would recommend spending extra for SXO.

The reason I put my Creta SXO on hold:
  1. Missing 360 camera (available in Alcazar)
  2. Fully digital cluster and blind view assist (again in Alcazar)
  3. New Kia Seltos is coming on the 4th.

I too initially considered Alcazar a lot but I think the 6 seater will be an overkill for me. Hardly 2 people will travel most of the time with a doggo. I considered Alcazar for my doggo only hehe.

But the new Kia Seltos is very tempting and has some amazing features (including the panoramic roof). But i am sure it will be priced around 23-24 on road so super confused if it's worth spending 3-4 lakhs extra compared to creta sxo
sumeetchawla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 21:25   #1841

I have recently purchased the Creta SX MT petrol . The trio bead LED setup is ineffective in Mumbai monsoon .
Any suggestion ?
Old 2nd July 2023, 12:11   #1842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SudipB View Post
I have recently purchased the Creta SX MT petrol . The trio bead LED setup is ineffective in Mumbai monsoon .
Any suggestion ?
Hello.
The only suggestion is to replace them with more powerful LEDs. They have an easy plug in setup so you can switch them with powerful ones. The only downside is Hyundai will void the warranty if you change it aftermarket and the OEMs are expensive. For the same price Hyundai offers 90W setup and you get 120W aftermarket.

Hello Team-BHPians!
Thank you so much for all your inputs. After much contemplation, we have booked the Hyundai Creta SX(O) Diesel MT Black Colour. It cost me 21,30,000 on road. The waiting period has been quoted 3 months . So we have taken a preferred date 19/09/2023 i.e. Ganesh Chaturthi. Hoping to have a hassle free ownership.

Last edited by graaja : 2nd July 2023 at 12:48. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use Edit or Multiquote feature.
Old 2nd July 2023, 12:29   #1843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoni.1411 View Post
Hello Team-BHPians!
Thank you so much for all your inputs. After much contemplation, we have booked the Hyundai Creta SX(O) Diesel MT Black Colour. It cost me 21,30,000 on road. The waiting period has been quoted 3 months . So we have taken a preferred date 19/09/2023 i.e. Ganesh Chaturthi. Hoping to have a hassle free ownership.
You have to wait to get a Creta there! Here in Kerala with the multitude of dealers and fierce competition among them, you can get one readily as long as it is either black or white!, you get a 60k to 70k discount as well. Here in Kerala, the on-road prices are much higher for your said variant still, we get good discounts and the price comes to just 20.80 lakhs for said variant. I think the dealer has quoted you the base price here or have you taken any addons?
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 12:33   #1844
BHPian

Quote:
You have to wait to get a Creta there! Here in Kerala with the multitude of dealers and fierce competition among them, you can get one readily as long as it is either black or white!, you get a 60k to 70k discount as well. Here in Kerala, the on-road prices are much higher for your said variant still, we get good discounts and the price comes to just 20.80 lakhs for said variant. I think the dealer has quoted you the base price here or have you taken any addons?
Actually they had one readily available but we were a bit short of financials right now and family wanted to get a car during ganpati. I got a 30k discount and it is the final on road price including insurance, extended warrant, RSA, etc.
Old 3rd July 2023, 16:32   #1845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Hyundai Creta centre console creaking noise fixed, well almost!

At the same time, the car has a loud clunking noise from rear left when going over certain potholes and en-even roads.
Same noise from my Alcazar 1.5 DCT delivered on 18th June 2023. Did a round trip from Delhi to Lansdown. Could hear a loud noise once the car went through a pothole. Checked the alloys and tyres for any visible damage, found none.

Even the noise from the center console is getting louder and irritating.

What is Hyundai R&D team up to? The center console noise should have been fixed with the 2023 model.

Will connect with Nimbus Noida this weekend to get this sorted out.
funkydude is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks