Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2022, 09:58   #1591
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
In my case, it shows an alert of the specific tyre in which the pressure is low. May be its with only highline TPMS.
Might be available only for high line TPMS. For the low line, I don't see any option of tyre pressure in my app. Not sure if I am missing anything.
Old 16th August 2022, 11:52   #1592
BHPian

Re: Creta Petrol IVT, 1200 km ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirudhbb View Post
Hello folks...
After 8 years with Wagon-R and life-long with Maruti, on 3rd July, we got delivery of our Creta PETROL IVT SX (O).
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsm_bang View Post
Hi,
My apologies for replying late. Yes, i did get my delivery of Creta SXO IVT couple of days back. Some hits and misses but it went fine. I am definitely happier than i was couple of days back.
Hi friends,

I have booked a Creta Petrol IVT SX (O) Titan Grey at a Bangalore showroom (near KR Puram) on Sunday after a long procrastination and eternally waiting for the facelift or n-line version to come to India.

The SA says there is a six months waiting period, however if the insurance is taken with the dealer he can cut through the queue and get it faster
SA was pushing Knight Edition which can be allotted earlier than the regular one.

For now the booking is done without the consideration of insurance and other components. I am attaching the booking details, 12000 is for Standard fitments, which he says can be removed if I choose not to take it.
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220816-10.29.51-am.jpeg

I need help from you folks regarding insurance and other components (from the attached price list) as how I can minimize the expense here. Where can I avail a better priced insurance? some of you folks have got it at a better rate with dealer itself (can we connect?).
  • Insurance (how/where to get it from for a lower rate?, I have an NCB of 45% from my current insurance for i10)
  • EXT WTY (what is covers?)
  • Shield of Trust 5 years/60K (is this required?)
  • STD Fitment (what comes with this?)
  • 0% Ad on price (what is this for?)
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220816-10.26.48-am.jpeg

Some of you folks have recently taken delivery, need your inputs to navigate though this process.

Regards,
Kash
Old 17th August 2022, 22:29   #1593
Team-BHP Support

How to manually regenerate DPF on the Creta -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 13:24   #1594

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
The SA says there is a six months waiting period, however if the insurance is taken with the dealer he can cut through the queue and get it faster

Hi, I recently took the delivery (on 13th Aug) of SX(o) IVT Knight edition. I can share the experience and will try to answer a few of the questions.

I booked on 4th of June with Lakshmi Hyundai HRBR and was after dealers life to deliver asap. I visited them every weekend. They were very polite and supportive but couldn't do much since there was a long waiting period. Meanwhile Red colour became available but I wanted black so denied going ahead.

On 25th July when I visited again they said the Red color Knight edition will be in stock the next day if I am ok with it. The Ex-showroom was 15000 costlier. I asked if I can go and have a look at the vehicle since I have never seen it on-roads or online. They happily agreed and contacted me the next day once the vehicle reached in their stockyard.

I went and checked it and instantly liked it over the normal one which had grey and beige coloured interiors. I have two small kids so was happy with the full black interior and the red touching on the seats and ac vents added to the beauty. It was a red exterior but complimented with the black interiors. My wife also liked it very much so we gave our go-ahead.

I came back and talked to the branch manager to hold for a couple of days because it was a company lease vehicle and I had to get the PO updated which took almost a week. Luckily they were able to reserve the car for me and finally I got the delivery on 13th Aug.

Coming to your questions:
1. Surely the dealer can skip the queue, but post delivery the SA told me that there is again an increase in the waiting period, so good that I have opted for the one which was available
2. One of my friends who booked the same black colour and configuration in Feb-2022 got the delivery a few days back, but I personally think that there is a significant reduction in the waiting period, not sure why the SA told me otherwise.
3. Did not go with the standard fitment; required accessories can be purchased from the dealer or from outside
4. Ext Warranty good to have for 4th year 1L km, I got it for 11320. By default is 3 years unlimited KM. Check the website for coverage.
5. Add-on price covers the Zero Dep, RTI for the insurance, good to have but it is available for a much lesser price if you directly take the insurance.
6. Direct insurance will cost around 20k less including zero dep and RTI, I would recommend going with that. Try TataAIG or Bajaj
7. I would not recommend SOT

I have got to know two points from my contacts which can be helpful:
1. the facelift will come at the end of this year or early next year but the delivery will anyway be next year
2. if you pay the entire amount upfront, then the dealer can get the vehicle in less than 2 months. This full amount you can negotiate with the dealer without insurance. They also sometimes match the insurance price which you get from outside.

Hope it helps.

@vsm_bang

Thanks for the reply, I just saw it. I have already taken the delivery and also did not opt for the camera. I am fine to drive the car without it and parking is also fine. I got lesser quotation ~27k from outside so can imagine the trick from the dealer offering me 38k for the same kit.

Dear All,

This is for new buyers.

I have recently taken the delivery of Creta and Hyundai has provided only single smart key, as per the dealer it is due the shortage of the chips and not to stop the deliveries because of the same. The second key can be collected within a span of 6 months from the delivery.

Thanks.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th August 2022 at 14:01. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
madaan.aman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 09:37   #1595

Re: Creta Petrol IVT, 1200 km ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
Hi friends,

I have booked a Creta Petrol IVT SX (O) Titan Grey at a Bangalore showroom (near KR Puram) on Sunday after a long procrastination and eternally waiting for the facelift or n-line version to come to India.

SA was pushing Knight Edition which can be allotted earlier than the regular one.

For now the booking is done without the consideration of insurance and other components. I am attaching the booking details, 12000 is for Standard fitments, which he says can be removed if I choose not to take it.
Attachment 2346977

I need help from you folks regarding insurance and other components (from the attached price list) as how I can minimize the expense here. Where can I avail a better priced insurance? some of you folks have got it at a better rate with dealer itself (can we connect?).
  • Insurance (how/where to get it from for a lower rate?, I have an NCB of 45% from my current insurance for i10)
  • EXT WTY (what is covers?)
  • Shield of Trust 5 years/60K (is this required?)
  • STD Fitment (what comes with this?)
  • 0% Ad on price (what is this for?)
Attachment 2346981

Some of you folks have recently taken delivery, need your inputs to navigate though this process.

Regards,
Kash
madaan.aman has provided some answers to your questions. Here is my take on it.
  • I definitely think its worth going for Extended warranty which will cover the 4th year. I understand this is standard warranty extended for one more year or 10000 additional km.
  • Standard Accessories: Some of the items are useless in their list. Some of them are useful which you will anyways end up buying. While i dont have the full list with me right now, useful items which you will anyways buy: Ganesha idol, mud flaps, boot mat (cheaper than outside, by the way), neck pillows / Pillows (good to have that Hyundai logo), scuff plates (good addition), vacuum cleaner (i always wanted one for my previous car), a dusting nice brush (this one is really good), and a shampoo. The useless items might include a tire polish (i don't know how to use) and a perfume.
  • SOT : i also checked with some of my colleagues and the verdict was at best split. You can see that in some posts in team-bhp as well. I was undecided until the last time. And then i just did what i always do. In the state of confusion, just spend those extra bucks. To be very frank, i am still not convinced about it. Please take a call.
  • Insurance: In an ideal world, i would never buy insurance from the dealer. However, right now, just because of the demand, they have an upper hand (and i hate it). Yes, you can save ~20k by taking it from outside. I could bargain 12k from the dealer quoted price and i am not very good at bargaining even from roadside subzi-walla.

Hope that answers some of your questions.
Enjoy!

regards,
Vivek
vsm_bang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 17:00   #1596
BHPian

Hyundai Creta centre console creaking noise fixed, well almost!

So as most of us know, Hyundai decided to drop their standards and use pathetic cheap plastics on its Creta - yes, we're talking about that notorious centre console creaking noise which has been annoying us from day 1.

At the same time, the car has a loud clunking noise from rear left when going over certain potholes and en-even roads. Parcel tray, registration number plate, stuff in the boot, rear seats, hinges - nothing is making that clunking noise. My son took the car to HASS (Triumph Hyundai, Mayapuri) to get it fixed. The staff there did their best to isolate and fix the noise, but were unsuccessful. We might take the car again to fix that noise. If anyone has any idea about that noise, please let us know.

In the meantime, however, these guys informed that there is a "fix" which has come from Hyundai to reduce/eliminate the creaking noise from the centre console. Basically some foam/double tape is applied on the console internal locks. This helps in greatly reducing the internal flexing which produces the noise.

One of the SAs (Vaibhav) - a very hard working, skilled and knowledgeable guy, attended the car and first dismantled the centre part of the console.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220821-4.23.38-pm.jpeg

Then the entire console is taken off so that the foam/double tap can be applied.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220821-4.23.15-pm.jpeg

Work in progress.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220821-4.23.15-pm-1.jpeg

Unfortunately, my son was occupied with his work (on his day off), he couldn't click pictures when the actual work was ongoing. After the foam/double tape was applied, the console was put back on and voila, the creaking noise was (almost) gone! There is now a very little noise coming in when the console is pressed hard on the either side. I think we are very pleased with the result and would definitely recommend getting it done. I would, though, also suggest to ensure only an experienced personnel is allowed to work on this since it is is a highly specialized job and someone who is not thorough with the procedure will get you souvenirs (read scratches) on your car's centre console.
Col Mehta is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 22:24   #1597

Hi,

Question about the SXO IVI interface: I see that there are 3 widgets on my home screen : Maps, Clock and media.

It allows me to change the widgets, but the only available alternative is compass?

Is there a way we can add some other application as a widget (for example replace clock with "Phone" )?

regards,
Vivek
Old 26th August 2022, 11:40   #1598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsm_bang View Post
Hi,

Question about the SXO IVI interface: I see that there are 3 widgets on my home screen : Maps, Clock and media.

It allows me to change the widgets, but the only available alternative is compass?

Is there a way we can add some other application as a widget (for example replace clock with "Phone" )?

regards,
Vivek
I also checked that but could not find one. The only thing you can do is you can play with your favorites screen.

Last edited by Anandg : 26th August 2022 at 11:44.
Anandg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 12:46   #1599
BHPian

Hello everybody, 1.4 DCT underwent its 30,000 KM service recently at Lamba HASS, Okhla. A discussion on my distress thread sparked off thoughts about the extent to which the HASS might have ripped me off.

The 30,000 KM service coincided with another DCT failure and was the first paid service. In my state of mental agony, I agreed to almost all (still stayed clear of wheel alignment and balancing) of it and paid a hefty sum. I am hoping fellow owners can educate and enlighten.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220826-12.34.08-pm.jpeg

So this is the actual invoice for all the works done during the 30,000 KM service. From what I understand, works like Cowl top cleaning, Evaporator cleaner can be done at an FNG without affecting the warranty.

What about Fuel injector cleaning, Throttle body cleaning, Periodic Maintenance Service and Service Pro Medium? Are these things needed to be done at HASS for warranty's sake?

I have extended my warranty to the max. possible extent, and would like to preserve it given the nature of the DCT.
Old 27th August 2022, 00:47   #1600

Sound while disengaging the Brakes

Hi BHPians,

I got the delivery of my SXO IVT earlier this month and have done approximately 1000km by now. I am planning to go for first sometime next week. I have done one long trip (~700KM) couple of weeks back and i am overall happy with the car.

However, for past few days, i am hearing some sound (Drrrrr) when I disengage the brake pedal. My observation is that the sound normally happens when I stop on a slope (might be momentarily), while the car is in "Drive" mode and i disengage the brake pedal to restart. (On a plane road, the sound is almost not noticeable).

Has anybody else also noticed this? Any possible reasons? Is this something that I need to bring to service person's notice?

regards,
Vivek
vsm_bang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 14:36   #1601
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone seen the Creta 1.4 DCT S+ variant in the metal? Are the projector headlights any good? Hyundai website doesn't seem to have been updated accurately.

This is what I got from this website: https://www.autox.com/news/car-news/...pdates-110972/
Over the S variant, the S+ variant (the turbo-petrol with DCT version) gets a panoramic sunroof, alloy wheels, wireless smartphone charging, rear disc brakes, traction control, electronic stability control, paddle shifters, metal pedals, electrically-folding-ORVMs with auto-fold, and power window auto up/down functionality.

Facelift is not as 'fluidic' as the Tucson in my opinion.
https://www.hyundai.com/id/en/find-a...ighlights#none

Last edited by itwasntme : 29th August 2022 at 14:45.
Old 29th August 2022, 14:52   #1602

Hi Dear Co-Owners,

Newbie on this forum and my first post here.

I have Creta SX(O) DCT Model. Like many other owners, I having trouble with throw of the headlamps, especially while driving during nights, add rains to that and it's almost impossible to get clear view of the roads.

I have seen many posts / videos around possibly changing the fog lamps to projector ones.
Can someone suggest any better / cost-effective solution and any trusted workshop to do so in Bangalore?

Thanks.
vaibhav2383 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 20:59   #1603
BHPian

Hi. I am cross posting my Hyundai Alcazar Diesel AT juddering/shuddering issue on the Creta forum for better visibility and response.

So, I have a Hyundai Alcazar Diesel Signature AT. It is 4 months old and completed 9000+kms. 60% on the highways + 40% in BLR city traffic.

It has been flawless until now other than some minor wiper issues.

Last Saturday I took a drive on the BLR NICE road (highway). I had just entered the highway and was slowly crossing past 60kmph onto 70kmph. It was a flat road (no inclines) and engine was at about 1500-1600 rpm. It was all smooth until then, but as soon as it hit 70kmph, the car started shuddering pretty badly. This continued until I gave a little more throttle and cross above 75kmph. The juddering felt as though someone was driving the car in the wrong gear. Like when a new driver is driving the car.

This was the first time I have noticed this on my car. I was able to replicate it again within a few minutes by trying to maintain constant speed at about 70kmph.

Then two days later (today) I was driving to office in the morning. And as I was driving at constant speed of 40kmph, I noticed the shuddering/juddering again for a few seconds. In both cases, I noticed the issue when I was maintaining a constant speed.

In the past 4 months I have covered several highway runs and maintained constant speeds of 100, 110, etc and never felt this problem.

My questions are -
1. Is this a serious problem?
2. Could it be due to any AT issues - transmission fluid contaminated? low transmission fluid?
3. Is this simply the confused transmission trying to pick a gear? Possibly caused by the transmission module trying to select the right gear and switching back continuously at a specific band?
4. My car is due for the 2nd service. Could this be due to clogged air filter not letting enough air in?
5. Anything else?

I am planning to notify the service advisor tomorrow and ask for his inputs. Fingers crossed.

Hoping someone here can throw some light on this.
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 12:17   #1604

An update for our Creta's saga-

After writing emails and calling up the higher ups in the dealership and Hyundai themselves, they had promised us to rectify our issue. So, all's well that ends well, right?

I wished it were true.

It has been more than 2 months since they had made such promises, and yet, the dealer still hasn't given us the callback that they promised in "Two Minutes". When trying to phone up the dealer, they just promise to call us back and proceed to ghost us entirely. When escalated to Hyundai themselves, they redirect us to the dealer, with a simple "They will take care of you.", thereby washing their hands off this matter. This kind of apathetic response from both the dealer and the Manufacturer themselves, I did not expect.

With that being said, the car itself is also having issues apart from dealer trouble.

The entire insulation near the engine bay,including the engine cover has been chewed up by rats, and one of the foglamps has been the casualty due to this. When enquiring about the replacement costs, they were extremely reluctant to even discuss about it, even when it was told that we will be paying for it. After which, they told that we should expect a callback within 2 days regarding pricing and availability. The pricing was rather high for some of these parts, and therefore, another one of the salesman's lies was put to rest.

That isn't the only issue, unfortunately. The center console has been creaking like a rocking chair and the air purifier keeps turning itself on and off, like it's confused on whether to work or not. Worst part is, when that does happen, the touchscreen on said Air Purifier completely decides to take a day off and not work, which requires me to fiddle with the Infotainment System to get it work, which it then promptly ignores and starts to play "Ring around the Rosie" with the modes on the purifier. This has been a recurring issue and has been recreated in front of the SAs, to which they tried to reset it, which clearly hasn't worked.

To make matters worse, when loading some items in the boot of the car, I noticed some rusting on the corner of the boot, when there were no accidents that had taken place with the rear of the car. On closer inspection, there has been some overspray around the affected area, which leads me to believe that Hyundai's QC has taken quite a bit of a dive. Previous to this car, we had owned a 2018 Santro Sportz AMT, but other than the slow gearbox and underpowered engine, it had no creaks,rattles or any other QC issues for 3 years we owned the car. I had also faced the infamous ABS issue, but while it only happened once, it was unnerving, to say the least.

To be honest, the Creta is a supremely competent car, but the apathetic dealer and company response is ruining the ownership experience of our car. What should've been a happy experience is rather quickly turning into a sour experience.

BHPians, I'm absolutely lost with the way we have been treated for buying a supposedly premium product from Hyundai. Is this normal treatment or have we just got the short end of the stick here? I'm not sure how to proceed further, other than calling the problematic dealership to sort my issues out.

P.S-Attaching a picture of the boot rust and overspray
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20220901_121419.jpg  

Horizons is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 13:35   #1605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
So this is the actual invoice for all the works done during the 30,000 KM service. From what I understand, works like Cowl top cleaning, Evaporator cleaner can be done at an FNG without affecting the warranty.

What about Fuel injector cleaning, Throttle body cleaning, Periodic Maintenance Service and Service Pro Medium? Are these things needed to be done at HASS for warranty's sake?

I have extended my warranty to the max. possible extent, and would like to preserve it given the nature of the DCT.
I am no Creta owner but from whatever knowledge I have, one or two items might have been unnecessary. The cowl top cleaning probably refers to AC Cowl filter. Usually it is included in the labor cost of the periodic service.

Not sure what they do in evaporator cleaning. As for fuel injector cleaning, looks like they might have used some additive and added in the fuel tank. No way they can remove all injectors and clean for such a low amount. Normally this is done at around 80K for diesel cars. Don't know if Petrol engines need it at 30k. Periodic maintenance service is the labor fee for this periodic service.

Last edited by shipnil : 1st September 2022 at 13:37.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks