Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2022, 07:58   #1456

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

[quote=bhavikbochar;5285707]
  • Ceramic Coating - Rs 30,000 (3 Years Warranty) [tempted for this only because booked Phantom Black color]
  • Anti Rust Coating - Rs 5000
  • Floor Lamination(Scratch Proof) - Rs 10,000 [Is it really useful after the 3D mats? does the price look fair or way overpriced?]
  • Front Parking Sensors (2 sensor eyes and they’ll install a small switch for on/off of the sensor on fusebox cap) - Rs 10,000 [not sure if this is too overpriced, but will come with a mental peace of my general warranty not getting void as wirings will be dealt by the Hyundai authorized dealer.]

Accessories are being pushed by the dealer and I am skeptical:
  • Suncontrol Film - Rs 30,000 for Full Vehicle/Rs 18,000 only for windshield - Now this is tricky, as it's not RTA approved. Moreover, there are mixed reviews about excess fogging on windshields with sun films. If at all I go for it I'll only be interested in the windshield only - any experiences here?
  • PPF - Rs 8500 [This would be over and above the ceramic coating and would cover side bumpers and ORVM]
  • 3D camera - Rs 60,000 [Didn’t really pay attention to his pitch after listening to the price ]

[/QUOTE ]

You are being taken for a ride with the prices of all the accessories.
  • Get the anti rust coating at a 3M dealer which costs almost the same but you will get thicker and longer lasting coating.
  • Floor lamination is helpful in cleaning esp if you have children. And it cuts road noise to a noticeable extent. But it hardly costs 4-5k for the highest quality one. I got it done for my ecosport recently
  • 3M CR 70 sun film costs you 30k, 10k for full and windshield respectively at a 3M dealer and and is supposedly the best in the market. Avoid this as the police are again after sun films.
  • 3d camera -
Old 19th April 2022, 10:42   #1457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chhanda Das View Post
Another case of attempted scam and loot by a Hyundai dealer

It seems that Hyundai dealers are getting out of hand and seem to have no qualms about it either. So more and more people need to know about it. No wonder Hyundai got relegated to 3rd place from 1st in customer satisfaction ratings ...

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=GTpU7CFXy0M
This seems to be like a big deal and should be highlighted, never expected this from Hyundai.
Rocketscience is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 10:56   #1458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Anyway a big issue happened today. Does anyone else experience the seatbelt failing to retract after you've removed them? I often find my seatbelt hanging by the seat near the door and today it bit me. Well not literally bit me but bit the car with a big dent on the door sill. It literally feels like I've been stabbed though.
IMO this might be a Hyundai thing. My dad owns a 8YO i10 Kappa and both the front seat belts are very lazy to retract which, unfortunately, I started observing this recently once I moved back to my hometown. Dad says it has been this way since he bought it. When i brought this up during the last service pickup by the HASC, the driver and the SA both said this is quite normal. I called up another buddy of mine with a 4YO i20 and he has the same issue. We've never faced this issue in our older Marutis and Hondas.

After reading this, even though the retracting and the centrifugal locking mechanism maybe different in the seatbelt module, I'm concerned about the efficacy of the overall seatbelt mechanism of Hyundais incase of a shunt.
Old 20th April 2022, 11:55   #1459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-BHP View Post

Creta 2020 (MY2022) - Crash Tested By Global NCAP - Received 3 Stars - Body Shell Integrity - Unstable!!!

Attachment 2295810
Can anyone suggest how much difference does extra airbags (six) and other additional safety features (i.e. Electronic stability control (ESC), Vehicle stability management control (VSM), Hill-start assist control (HAC) etc.) in top-end variant SX(O) brings to the table as compared the base E variant? Want to understand that by paying almost double from the base variant, how much do we actually gain in terms of safety. Does 3 star (nearly) base variant means at least 4-star rating on the top-end variant?

Over The Air (OTA) Update

Yesterday I saw a new download icon on the AVN unit. Earlier I thought contact download is happening but after going to the vehicle setting>version info I saw that OTA update download is happening. Yesterday I have driven hardly fr 15-20 mins and the download reached 6%. Today morning it again started from 1%.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20220419_075858.jpg

Knowing the speed at which the Vodafone Idea network works (on which the internal e-sim works), the OTA update will not get completed unless I drive for 4-5 hours at places where internet speed is good.

Anyone else has received this OTA? The only wish I have is if the OTA update can somehow increase the safety on the vehicle
HP-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 18:28   #1460
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for 5d/7d type floor mats for my Creta (the one with layer of noodle mats on top, not sure what these are called). Looking for suggestions (online link or accessories shop in blr preferably east part). I saw some options on Amazon but reviews are mixed. Enquired with some shops nearby but no one has ready stock and need to place advace order without seeing the fit or finish. Called up Hyundai Accessories shop but they don't have stock.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 20th April 2022 at 18:51.
Old 21st April 2022, 07:11   #1461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I am looking for 5d/7d type floor mats for my Creta (the one with layer of noodle mats on top, not sure what these are called). Looking for suggestions (online link or accessories shop in blr preferably east part). I saw some options on Amazon but reviews are mixed. Enquired with some shops nearby but no one has ready stock and need to place advace order without seeing the fit or finish. Called up Hyundai Accessories shop but they don't have stock.
If you are looking for that noodle type mat, go to any carpet store/home decor and they will cut it according to size. I had this on my Ecosport and it was a flush fit. But no 5d/7d stuff here.
Old 21st April 2022, 07:26   #1462
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone suggest how much difference does extra .. in top-end variant SX(O) brings to the table as compared the base E variant? ... Does 3 star (nearly) base variant means at least 4-star rating on the top-end variant?

.. The only wish I have is if the OTA update can somehow increase the safety on the vehicle
I like your wishful thinking but alas! Low strength/rigidity of steel structure cannot be compensated by electronics.

Dreaming : to get better safety rating through software could be to limit the speed of the vehicle if it could sense the external environmental factor and reduce damage to the body structure. Hyundai should get Get that OTA!
Old 21st April 2022, 10:52   #1463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
If you are looking for that noodle type mat, go to any carpet store/home decor and they will cut it according to size. I had this on my Ecosport and it was a flush fit. But no 5d/7d stuff here.
Thank you
I am looking for the ones which has mutli layer and I guess it is refered as 5d/7d (what's with these d's as if some sci-fi )
Old 22nd April 2022, 15:55   #1464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
I had booked iVT SX in January last week in Bangalore. My dealer says I might have to wait till June for delivery. Wanted to check with other if people are getting delivery for bookings done in January?

Dealer also hinted at facelift launch by Jul/Aug (just before festive period). But I really doubt the scenario.
Can people answer this. Want to know status of Creta Automatics. Is it really getting delayed? Will it be better to start looking for other options with quicker delivery cycle?
Old 22nd April 2022, 16:15   #1465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can people answer this. Want to know status of Creta Automatics. Is it really getting delayed? Will it be better to start looking for other options with quicker delivery cycle?
I got my Creta SX IVT automatic after 7 months wait late last year. I do not know latest status but I doubt sitauation would have changed much.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 22nd April 2022 at 16:33.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 17:27   #1466
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone suggest how much difference does extra airbags (six) and other additional safety features (i.e. Electronic stability control (ESC), Vehicle stability management control (VSM), Hill-start assist control (HAC) etc.) in top-end variant SX(O) brings to the table as compared the base E variant? Want to understand that by paying almost double from the base variant, how much do we actually gain in terms of safety. Does 3 star (nearly) base variant means at least 4-star rating on the top-end variant?
These electronics won't increase the safety rating yet. But they do prevent you from getting into an accident, especially ESP. It is a shame Hyundai puts all these relatively cheaper tech only in top variants.

Extra airbags might help you in other types of crashes that GNCAP did not test, like roll-over or side impact.
Old 24th April 2022, 14:10   #1467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavikbochar View Post
Top up over Home Loan – Now HSBC has amazing home loan top-up scheme. Basically, they give you the top-up loan for 20 Years tenure and that too at Home Loan rate, right now it’s 6.45%.

So here’s my simple structure: a 7 year car loan at 7.5% for 22 Lakhs would translate into an EMI of approx. 33.5K & a 20 year top-up over home loan at 6.45% for 22 Lakhs would mean an EMI of 16.3K. So the difference in EMI is roughly 17K, and instead of spending it, this will go into a Mutual Fund as an SIP. Mutual Fund returns above 6.45% (should be easy to fetch over long term) is my profit
OT: this is a great tip but your loan will last longer than your car!

Last edited by naru80 : 24th April 2022 at 14:12.
naru80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 20:53   #1468

Quote:
I am in the same boat. I booked a IVT SXO in January second week. The SA, at that time, was saying 12-16 weeks. She called me last week saying it is getting delayed. She was instead offering me to go for Knight version which, in my humble opinion, is just a waste of money except that it might resolve the much talked about glare problem of Creta dual tone. The SA told me a wait time of 6-8 weeks on Knight version.

I am right now thinking that i will instead wait for the facelift to be launched than take a 2020 model delivery in July.

On the facelift, again my opinion is that Venue facelift started road testing around 3 months back and last i checked it is expected to be launched in June. So you can guess from there.

i am hoping for a Diwali launch for Creta facelift around the same time as a new Creta rival from Toyota/Suzuki. I am, personally, sort of, contemplating evaluating those as and when more info is available.

regards.

Last edited by vsm_bang : 24th April 2022 at 20:56.
Old 27th April 2022, 22:29   #1469
BHPian

Hi guys, my cousin is getting a deal of Jan manufactured Creta EX Petrol for 11.3L OTR. So just wanted to know what would be actual city and highway mileage?

Also, is this a good deal? I will go and do PDI before payment but is there anything else that I need to check specifically?
Old 28th April 2022, 10:28   #1470

I am facing the same symptoms with my Creta Diesel BS6. I am a very light foot driver and it helps me to get mileage in range of 19-21 Kmpl. The car was sent to HASS for Third service with the odometer reading of 19722 Km. After the service, Creta is giving terrible readings of mileage on MID and actual mileage while calculated for tank to tank.
I went to the service center and as usual the senior mechanic started looking for any error code on his tablet, and there was none. He asked me to finish the tank and then calculate the mileage on tank to tank basis. It came just 17.24 Kmpl, which is the lowest ever for this car, as I am regularly tracking my car mileage on Fuelio app. This result difference is for fuel filled on same petrol pump, same driver, same driving style.
The other thing I noted that generally after filling the fuel tank full, DTE readings were in range of 950-975 km but this time it only show 864 Km.
I again went to the service center again and asks senior mechanic have a look on Mass air flow sensor. He told me that this car is highly advanced and any engine related problem will result in glowing CEL. However he still cleaned the air filter and MAF sensor and removed the negative terminal of the car to help it reset, if anything is wrong. Just before that moment DTE reading was 857 Km, which changes to 900 Km after connecting the terminal.
I was little bit relaxed to see that and thought finally the issue is resolved now. But it was temporary relief as the car continue to give poor mileage figures on MID. Post that day the car has run a distance of 690 Km and showing the mileage of only 17.4 Kmpl on MID.
A few more observations:-
1- For highway trips previously MID shown a high mileage of 21-24, which eventually settled for 19-20 for a full tank. Those high trip mileage are now at 18 kmpl max. I once extracted trip mileage of 30 Kmpl for a distance of 60 Km on Delhi-Meerut Expressway with AC off.
2- Mileage reading in MID drops very fast while idling if I compare that before service level.
After reading a bit on internet, I think that there is something wrong with the MAF sensor. I request all members to please suggest what to do ?
amitkuch is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks