Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2022, 22:15   #1381
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syperam View Post
Yesterday night some idiotic 2wheeler guy rammed in to my car while taking a u-turn (with indicators on)….
Please need your valuable inputs for taking a decision … Thanks 🙏🏼 in advance.
Not a major damage, any good FNG will get it back to normal, try getting repainting limited to the area below the crease, it will be almost undetectable.
Old 15th February 2022, 19:33   #1382
BHPian

Dashcam installation
Hi BHPians, I am installing a DDPAI Mola N3 dashcam on the 2021 Creta by myself. Everything is fine except managing the usb cable from passenger side A-pillar to under the glove box and then to the 12V charger. I am stuck in the areas marked in red lines in the below image (taken from TBHP review)
Name:  2020hyundaicreta65 2.jpg
Views: 2092
Size:  120.1 KB

1. I have inserted the cable inside the rubber beading as i did not want to remove the cover of A-pillar (have broken a plastic lock in i10 while doing this earlier and scared to repeat the same mistake). On left hand side of dashboard & Glovebox, the beading is difficult to access as it is pressed behind the hard plastic.

2. I found couple of grooves behind the glove box that i am using to keep the wire from dangling in the footwell (i have not taken out the glovebox). However after crossing the glovebox, the wire shows up from glovebox bottom till the 12V point (a good 1-1.5 ft) and there is no place to hide or stick it. This is the red circle on the right hand side.

If you have installed a dashcam yourself or through a mechanic, how did you tackle these two problems?
Can you share any pictures of your setup so i can get an idea.
Old 16th February 2022, 09:52   #1383
Senior - BHPian

Global NCAP to crash test Hyundai Creta in future, hopefully in 2022.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-smartselect_20220216095056_twitter.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 16th February 2022 at 09:59.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 09:00   #1384
BHPian

Guys I've a query regarding the ESC in my creta. Yesterday I was returning from Karjat, faced worst roads - huge potholes and loose tarmac. While navigating some of the potholes, the ESC indicator turned on in the dashboard, but I noticed it after few kilometers. I drove cautiously but the car was behaving normally. Brakes were doing their job fine, no funny incidents. Now I checked the dash, the ESC indicator is still on. Is there any way to restart the system or do I need to visit the ASS ?
Old 21st February 2022, 08:22   #1385
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Guys I've a query regarding the ESC in my creta. Yesterday I was returning from Karjat, faced worst roads - huge potholes and loose tarmac. While navigating some of the potholes, the ESC indicator turned on in the dashboard, but I noticed it after few kilometers. I drove cautiously but the car was behaving normally. Brakes were doing their job fine, no funny incidents. Now I checked the dash, the ESC indicator is still on. Is there any way to restart the system or do I need to visit the ASS ?
If it's still on, suggest you to get the ABS sensors checked. First gen Creta had a faulty ABS sensor vendor, but heard they silently replaced the vendor for the new Creta.

Not to scare you, but things got bad for me.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ll-owners.html (Hyundai Creta: Serious brake failure issue (must-read for all owners))
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 08:40   #1386
Distinguished - BHPian

2022 Creta SX Diesel, now gets the 17.78cm Supervision Cluster with Digital Display from the SX(O) variant.

CEF_Beasts is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 12:30   #1387
BHPian

The only advantage of this digital instrument cluster is, that it gets Highline TPMS (individual tyre pressure info) which is more convenient and useful than the generic Lowline TPMS warning (like Creta's lower variants or any variant of the 5th Honda City). I hope Hyundai adds the Highline TPMS in Verna SX (one below the top-most variant). Even the i20 Sportz (two below the top-most variant) has this combo of digital IC + individual TPMS.
romil.shroff is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 16:57   #1388

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
2022 Creta SX Diesel, now gets the 17.78cm Supervision Cluster with Digital Display from the SX(O) variant.
What about the 1.5 Manual Petrol SX? Will it get the upgrade too? I was planning on booking one in March so it would be a welcome upgrade.
Old 23rd February 2022, 21:13   #1389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post

https://Youtu.be/fzewg5ieED8

https://Youtu.be/DXJNSPnfGEY
I believe this is an inventory clearing activity. Hyundai might be left with more of these display units than other parts used in SX(O) variant. Since facelift is arriving this year and it will feature Alcazar's instrument cluster, this one is trickling down to SX variant.
bwildrd#1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 14:30   #1390
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsm_bang View Post
Let me first thank the moderators for admitting me to this group.

Based on my driving requirements, earlier I would have been content with a 4Yr/60K or 5Yr/50K warranty. However, now I will be required to pay an additional ~25k for extended warranty of 4 years. In summary, Hyundai seems to have increased the price of car by 7K (as advertised) + ~25k.

Any recent experience from someone who has taken a delivery in 2022 will be welcome.

Attachment 2265124

Attachment 2265125
Just had a chat with Hyundai SA regarding a Verna. He says that 3yr unlimited km warranty is now applicable. Wonder warranty scheme has been withdrawn. By the way, there are rumours that Kia will provide 6 airbags in all variants of Seltos. Is there any such news regarding Creta? Not having 6 airbags in a 16lac+ car seems a bit unacceptable.

Last edited by sbm : 25th February 2022 at 14:33.
Old 25th February 2022, 17:02   #1391
Senior - BHPian

I purchased Creta last year and opted for standard 5yr 50000km warranty. At the time of delivery, I marked it in the booklet in front of the SA. At the first service, had a word with service adviser that I have opted for this warranty and he simply nodded in acknowledgement.

Now my question is - do we get any record or documentation for future reference (other than the service booklet in which I only marked this option)? Should I have received any official email or letter about this warranty?

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 25th February 2022 at 17:03.
Old 25th February 2022, 20:45   #1392
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I purchased Creta last year and opted for standard 5yr 50000km warranty. At the time of delivery, I marked it in the booklet in front of the SA. At the first service, had a word with service adviser that I have opted for this warranty and he simply nodded in acknowledgement.

Now my question is - do we get any record or documentation for future reference (other than the service booklet in which I only marked this option)? Should I have received any official email or letter about this warranty?
In Maruti Suzuki, they have a record of warranty for each vehicle in their their database. I believe similar system is in place in Hyundai too. For your peace of mind, you can go the service centre where you're getting your car serviced and ask the SA to show the details of your car in their system. Somewhere there it must be mentioned that your car has 5yr warranty.
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 08:01   #1393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post

You are not alone. I had the same doubt. So I checked the Hyundai Care mobile app to clear this doubt. Turns out, it’s even more confusing there. It showed 3 year warranty on the Hyundai Care app when I had clearly applied for 5 years warranty.

I immediately called Hyundai helpline number and they confirmed that I have 5 year warranty, not 3 years warranty. I told them why is it showing 3 years on the app then? He raised a complaint regarding this and gave me reference number.

The next day, my regional Hyundai SC calls me to confirm I have 5 years warranty, not 3 years warranty. I asked them for documentation for it, they said your warranty information is saved in the system, don’t have any specific document for this.
They asked for closing the complaint and told them also about Hyundai care app bug where it shows wrong information. They said the Hyundai phone personnel has put the complaint onto them, not on the app team and asked for closure. I obliged to their request as they couldn’t do anything further in this regard.

Now that I see Hyundai Care app, no warranty information is available on the app now. So, Hyundai care app team removed warranty information altogether from app instead of fetching the correct information and displaying it.
sarav100 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 09:27   #1394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
The next day, my regional Hyundai SC calls me to confirm I have 5 years warranty, not 3 years warranty. I asked them for documentation for it, they said your warranty information is saved in the system, don’t have any specific document for this.
You can ask the SA to send a screenshot from their system for your own reference . I have done that in past.
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 20:24   #1395
BHPian

Quote:
If you have installed a dashcam yourself or through a mechanic, how did you tackle these two problems?
Can you share any pictures of your setup so i can get an idea.
I am attaching some of the pics I took during DIY of 70mai Pro Plus+ Dashcam on my Alcazar. Hope it would be helpful to you as the wiring via the roof lining, A-Pillar and below the dashboard looks very similar to what I had done.

You can also see in the pic the prying tool that I had used to route the cable.

Regards,
Sunil.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20211130_131221.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20211130_132020.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20211130_131858.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20211130_132003.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20211130_131845.jpg  

sunil_k_u is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks