Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2021, 17:11   #1246
sbm
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-BHP View Post
Any

-Many of the GPS trackers these days comes with two modules i.e. functional (with e-sim/sim) and dummy (look-alike). Both the modules are installed in the engine bay where the dummy module is placed at an easily visible location (so the thieve takes out the dummy unit thinking that GPS is disabled) but the functional module is hidden behind the battery.

-The bookings for SX / SX(O) IVT is not halted but the waiting timelines are beyond a year so it’s as good as Hyundai don’t want to sell the particular variant.

-The Blaupunkt Santa Rosa system is fitted in my friend's Creta and as far as I remember, it uses the frame of Keylargo 10.1 inches for Creta. Will try to find out the exact details.
[/list]
First of all, thanks HP-BHP for resolving all out queries.
I have a few more ready for you

-Do you know of any such brand providing GPS tracking for cars? Somehow having GPS tracking in a expensive car seems necessary to me and the SX executive doesn't have this option.

-I too think that Hyundai is just avoiding SX variant as a few dealers I talked to are ready to take booking of SX variant but with a long waiting line.

- Do share the details of this system when you get them. Thanks in advance for this.

Also, what's your opinion on absence of burglar alarm in the SX executive and below variants? My Baleno has it and it alerts me when kids fiddle with my Car while its parked on the road. Though a theft scenario has not occurred by god grace till now, I think it would be useful in that condition too. Is it possible to install it from outside?
Old 26th October 2021, 18:00   #1247
BHPian

Hello dear members,

One of my nephews has booked Creta through clicktobuy. He is not sure if he needs to get the loan processed through clicktobuy now or wait until the car is allotted to him. Can someone please clarify the difference between booking the car Vs. getting the finance and completing the order on clicktobuy.

Also, will your order be processed on priority if you get your loan processed through clicktobuy and you have completed the order on there, instead of only booking the car in clicktobuy?

Thank you!
Old 26th October 2021, 21:09   #1248

You may like to consider Onelap Go (https://www.onelap.in/gps-tracking-devices/ol_go_10). It can be concealed anywhere in your car but it does not have a dummy unit. I have been using it for the past 10 months and it seems to be working fine.
Old 27th October 2021, 12:48   #1249
sbm
BHPian

The chip shortage situation appears to be improving. This thread at team BHP discusses about the restoration of production by Maruti Suzuki to previous levels. I hope this will also positively affect Hyundai creta production and Hyundai might bring back the SX model in manual transmission.

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/maruti...-supply-sorted
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 21:04   #1250
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I recently got delivery of Creta SX IVT after a long wait of 7 months. My SA did mention that Alcazar was available faster. IMO, it might be a deliberate attempt from Hyundai to prioritize Alcazar since it has more competition. Hyundai wants to make sure customer don't get lured away to XUV7OO/Hector/Safari etc. Creta IVT doesn't have a direct competition other than Seltos IVT (but it doesn't come in top end). Hence all this wait list drama and SX Exec version so that the ICE can be prioritized for Alcazar.
The SA i am in contact with is also pushing for Alcazar. He is saying that it is available in stock and can be delivered within a week. He even said 'Sir,go for Tuscon'
Old 28th October 2021, 10:52   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Hello dear members,

One of my nephews has booked Creta through clicktobuy. He is not sure if he needs to get the loan processed through clicktobuy now or wait until the car is allotted to him. Can someone please clarify the difference between booking the car Vs. getting the finance and completing the order on clicktobuy.

Also, will your order be processed on priority if you get your loan processed through clicktobuy and you have completed the order on there, instead of only booking the car in clicktobuy?

Thank you!
My experience with click2buy is over a year old. I do not know if Hyundai has improved it in the intervening time, but I doubt it. Once you complete the booking process with click2buy, the request is passed on to the dealer chosen by you on the website and the dealer assigns a sales advisor to you. Post that, it is pretty much same as offline booking. You would think that Hyundai would have a record of your booking if you do it online, but, at least, till a year ago Hyundai didn't bother. Even if you get the loan processed through click2buy, it would not result in your order being prioritized. If you experience any improvement in service, do post it here.
ashlil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 11:27   #1252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlil View Post
My experience with click2buy is over a year old. I do not know if Hyundai has improved it in the intervening time, but I doubt it. Once you complete the booking process with click2buy, the request is passed on to the dealer chosen by you on the website and the dealer assigns a sales advisor to you. Post that, it is pretty much same as offline booking. You would think that Hyundai would have a record of your booking if you do it online, but, at least, till a year ago Hyundai didn't bother. Even if you get the loan processed through click2buy, it would not result in your order being prioritized. If you experience any improvement in service, do post it here.
Based on my personal experience and hunch, if someone is really desperate to get delivery relatively faster then here is the thing. If dealer gets as much profit from the booking, then he may be inclined to bump up the customer in the list since this list is a grey area and there is no way to tell if you are moving up the list in a transparent way. This are few things which may help in faster delivery (totally my personal opinion based on my interactions with dealers and experience from my own booking.

1. Funding Source (own/loan/lease)

Some SA told me straight away that if customer is willing to pay from own funds then there is better chance to get allocation faster. It boils down to how soon the dealer get the money in his books. I have had experience when I was offered a particular car in transit and by the time I was working on loan processing, I was informed someone else got it as he was ready with own funds. Hence the order of priority from dealer is own funds, loan and last is company lease (since it takes the longest to process).

Items bought from dealer

As I said, dealer is interested in the deal where they can extract maximum profits. So if a customer is willing to agree to dealer TnC and ready to buy insurance, accessories, warranty packs etc from the dealer then the booking may get priority. Same hold good if customer goes with dealer channel for bank loan. This is based on my own understanding since as soon as I opted for own insurance and loan processing from outside and took out accessories pack etc, I could see the difference in SA attitude towards my allocation and processing. I had to follow up a lot even for trivial things and I could say that dealer might have put me in the low priority list where he had the option to prioritize allocation when they place order with Hyundai.

These are my 2 cents and there is no way to guarantee early delivery but these looks like probable reasons to me. Hope it helps someone

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 28th October 2021 at 11:29.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 13:33   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavikbochar View Post
  • In the price list shared by SA, Insurance is 71K and additional 8K for zero dep premium.
  • Assuming, I opt to buy insurance from outside, how do I ensure that the SA/Dealer would honor the commitment at the time of delivery? Do we get anything in written at the time of booking?
  • Assuming, I ask the dealer to match the quote from outside, is acko/policybazaar etc. the right place to look at? These websites show around 31K for zero dep, that’s a savings of almost 50K. If the dealer agrees to this, will he share a new quotation or again it’s just that I need to trust their word?
SA mentioned a waiting period of 5 to 6 months if booked in October and from November onwards they are going to quote 8 to 9 months. I anyways need the car only after Feb next year so am ok to book it now.
I cancelled my Creta booking after 90 days wait (my delivery commit was 75-90 days on paper) and got back the full booking amount of Rs.25,000. I demanded a full refund because they never booked my order in Hyundai's system until I demanded for the booking number around Day 70 or so.

Was the process smooth? Relatively. Took me a couple of polite but assertively worded emails copying HMIL sales, HMIL support, dealer's CRM, dealer's head of sales was all I did. There were 3 or 4 phone calls with HMIL on my "complaint" but it was just a formality and NONE of the agents had any true interest in retaining a customer. They were like "Oh ok sir, thanks for your feedback". That's all.

And here are my thoughts:

Go with the insurance from outside if savings is important. I had a quote for Rs.33,000 which included all the major add-ons and dealer's quote was Rs.82,000. When I tried to negotiate, I was told directly by the SA that I should simply take the outside insurance since their system will not let them discount more than Rs.15,000 or so.

I don't think the dealer will give anything in writing that you will be priority for delivery if you take insurance from them. But I am of the opinion that is exactly what is happening. They don't book your order in HMIL's system, see what they get as allocation by working with the regional sales office and give the vehicles to those customers from whom they can extract maximum margin. This is my observation, so take it with the chance that I might be wrong.

If you are given a 6-9 month delivery commit and you want to wait, it is fine. I have no idea whether the chip shortage will resolve soon but do prepare yourself mentally that if you book now, you may or may not get the car by February.
Old 2nd November 2021, 08:45   #1254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
I cancelled my Creta booking after 90 days wait (my delivery commit was 75-90 days on paper) and got back the full booking amount of Rs.25,000. I demanded a full refund because they never booked my order in Hyundai's system until I demanded for the booking number around Day 70 or so.
Was there a customer ID in your receipt? I booked last month and SA shared a receipt with a customer ID saying it is the booking reference number-starts with C2021*****. I called up Hyundai toll free number to confirm and they also confirmed the same booking number. You think this is enough on the dealer's part?
Old 2nd November 2021, 18:21   #1255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankverma View Post
Was there a customer ID in your receipt? I booked last month and SA shared a receipt with a customer ID saying it is the booking reference number-starts with C2021*****. I called up Hyundai toll free number to confirm and they also confirmed the same booking number. You think this is enough on the dealer's part?
The C2021** is the booking reference number.
If you have got a receipt which mentions this number, then you can be sure that the booking has been made in Hyundai's Ordering System.
Old 2nd November 2021, 19:46   #1256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankverma View Post
Not in the receipt that I got on the booking amount, no.

The C2021- is the booking number in Hyundai's system I believe but when I called customer support to verify the booking number, they didn't have a clue. I did get an OTP they used to confirm my booking, so I am just assuming there's a delay in the back-end database getting updated.

And yes, I do believe that number would be sufficient to say the dealer has done the job of booking your order. But the dealer is on the hook until you take final delivery of your car, obviously.
Old 3rd November 2021, 13:59   #1257
Senior - BHPian

Today I got first service done for Creta SX IVT at Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore. Though service is supposed to be free, I was charged some 400ish for consumables + sanitization kit. I have read fellow BHPians posts that there was no charge at first service so wondering if this charge I paid is for something misleading? SA mentioned it is for topping up oil, coolant, sealant etc.
Old 8th November 2021, 16:32   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Today I got first service done for Creta SX IVT at Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore. Though service is supposed to be free, I was charged some 400ish for consumables + sanitization kit. I have read fellow BHPians posts that there was no charge at first service so wondering if this charge I paid is for something misleading? SA mentioned it is for topping up oil, coolant, sealant etc.
This doesn't look right. Pavan Hyundai did not charge me anything during my first free service. I don't understand why they need to top up oil, coolant etc during the first service, you can check the manual and question the SA.
autocool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 16:43   #1259
BHPian

Guys is there any way to quickly turn off the ICE display at night ? I have to go through settings and then display settings then I can press turn off display button in top right corner. Is there any way I can customize this turn off button quickly ? It's quite a task to browse through settings at night while driving.
Old 10th November 2021, 16:53   #1260
Senior - BHPian

Can we install sun shades on Creta (SX variant) front windows (similar to the ones which is provided by Hyundai on rear windows), say at the showroom/service center or third party accessories shops? I came to know that Kia offers it as accessory on Seltos so wondering.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 10th November 2021 at 16:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks