Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2021, 17:58   #1141
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
Forgot to add, that I followed up with the SA twice to share the booking ID, which he did on my 3rd follow up but given the above posts, my guess is he hasn't even punched the booking into the Hyundai systems since I haven't received any SMS from Hyundai.
You can check with Hyundai customer support with that number and see if they have it on record sans notification to you.
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 20:55   #1142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
Forgot to add, that I followed up with the SA twice to share the booking ID, which he did on my 3rd follow up but given the above posts, my guess is he hasn't even punched the booking into the Hyundai systems since I haven't received any SMS from Hyundai.
Even I had not received any SMS from Hyundai.
However, my booking was surely made in the Hyundai System.

Just to confirm, I received the allocation within 1 month of booking & took the delivery 10days after allocation.
abhishek46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 23:30   #1143
Senior - BHPian

Today i did the PDI and the car has Apollo Alnac 4G tyres. How is the feedback about these. I have never upgraded my OEM tyres on my previous cars until they ran out of life and plan to do the same with these as well. Just a bit worried about stories of quality issues like side wall rupture etc. Are the Apollo that bad and should I immediately look for upgrade (and which one)? How much i will get for exchange if I decide to do immediately post delivery? Any recommended shop near ORR/Whitefield in Bangalore?
Old 30th September 2021, 11:30   #1144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Today i did the PDI and the car has Apollo Alnac 4G tyres. How is the feedback about these. I have never upgraded my OEM tyres on my previous cars until they ran out of life and plan to do the same with these as well. Just a bit worried about stories of quality issues like side wall rupture etc. Are the Apollo that bad and should I immediately look for upgrade (and which one)? How much i will get for exchange if I decide to do immediately post delivery? Any recommended shop near ORR/Whitefield in Bangalore?
Congrats!!! Finally the car is in front of our eyes.

Short Term Apollo Alnac 4G

I also got Apollo Alnac 4G tyres with my car. I have just completed 1000KMs and the tyres seems to be doing fine. They are not very silent but Creta offer very good sound insulation from outside noise to unless you open your window, the tyre noise is not a concern.

Long Term Apollo Alnac 4G

I got Apollo Alnac 4G with my Elite i20 also and they went without an issue for 57K KMs in a span of 5.5 years. My first puncture was around 30K KMs and it was primarily due to my mistake of not getting the tyre pressure in check. One tyre had a big puncture around 50K KMs and was not usable as daily drive tyre and was shifted to stepney (the good old days when all the five tyres were of the same size). The grip was decent (especially the wet grip) but I have not really abused the tyre.

Exchange Price

The exchange value for the brand new tyres varies from shop to shop but it can be between Rs. 2700 to Rs. 3500. You can actually get a better value if you sell it directly to the dealer (as many people are upgrading their Creta from 16 inches to 17 inches) before delivery and bring your tyres which can be fitted before giving the delivery to you.
HP-BHP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 21:07   #1145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Apollo Alnacs are decent tyres.
I have received the same in my Creta as well, and they are pretty decent.
These are much better than Kumho/Solus as per my experience.

I have used Apollo on my erstwhile Polo as well for 30K Kms, and those were pretty robust.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 01:25   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
The Apollo ones are decent enough. Had these on my Corolla Altis for almost 30k kms without any hassles. Wouldn't recommend you exchange the OEM tyres immediately, unless you have an appetite for Michelin or Continental. Otherwise, I think any other brand like Goodyear, MRF or JK will not be a worthy upgrade over the Apollo. You can take a decision later depending on your usage and experience.
IamNikhil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 08:18   #1147
BHPian

This is the fuel efficiency for Pune to Mumbai drive on creta 1.5 diesel automatic. The car was not loaded, auto ac was on throughout at 23 degrees, and I maintained expressway speed limit (80-100 kmph). Cruise control was on whenever possible.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20210929_151601__01.jpg  

iamkapilb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 08:50   #1148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkapilb View Post
This is the fuel efficiency for Pune to Mumbai drive on creta 1.5 diesel automatic. The car was not loaded, auto ac was on throughout at 23 degrees, and I maintained expressway speed limit (80-100 kmph). Cruise control was on whenever possible.
That is great mileage for a diesel automatic.
Is it the 2020 creta diesel automatic? Asking as I thought the automatic option is available only in sx and sxo trims with digital console.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 13:19   #1149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
That is great mileage for a diesel automatic.
Is it the 2020 creta diesel automatic? Asking as I thought the automatic option is available only in sx and sxo trims with digital console.
As far as I know, SX variant does not have the the 7 inch Digital Instrumentation Cluster.
This feature is available in only the SX(O) variant.
abhishek46 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 17:36   #1150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkapilb View Post
That's fantastic mileage. Creta Diesel is definitely frugal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
The 17.78 cm (7.0") Supervision cluster with digital display is available only in SX(O) trim. SX gets a normal black & white LCD display.
HP-BHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 21:50   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
Well, looks like I am in the same boat. Only the advance receipt given, no booking ID given, no message from Hyundai confirming order. Totally fishy. I sent a message to my SA yesterday after seeing the posts by HP-BHP ji. The SA responded saying he will share booking ID today. Let's see.
I got busy with work and haven't had the chance to follow up with the SA till now. Sep 28th I had asked for the booking information. Till now, haven't heard anything back. I checked with another (more popular, going by google reviews) dealer who quoted a booking amount which was 20% to 40% of what I actually paid to my dealer and a confirmed 4 month waiting time for the SXO IVT variant.

Planning to just drop by for a quick visit, see what I can dig up from behind the scenes. Fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
I spoke to the SA today. He tried dodging my query, but I was extremely insistent and told him about the process being followed in other bookings made by people known to me. He grudgingly said he will check internally and get back.

There is definitely a lot of shady stuff happening at the dealership-level, which is not possible without connivance with Hyundai. If they don't share the booking ID, I'm not sure what should be our further course of action. TBHP experts, please advise.
Any luck on your booking info? Or opting for XUV700?
Old 2nd October 2021, 22:24   #1152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I checked with another (more popular, going by google reviews) dealer who quoted a booking amount which was 20% to 40% of what I actually paid to my dealer and a confirmed 4 month waiting time for the SXO IVT variant.
There is not fixed booking amount and it depends on the negotiation. I could book it for 5k (initially the dealer started with 10-15k and then settled for 5k). I was not willing to pay anything more which would get locked for 6-8months. Also I didn't want to get into scenario of running after the dealer in case I wanted to cancel the booking. I was willing to lose 3k which was dealer cancellation charges (and in worst case scenario entire 5k if dealer won't cooperate).

Please take 3-4 month commitment for IVT model with a pinch of salt. I made second booking with another dealer who committed half the waiting time (4 months) vs 8 months given by my original dealer. After couple of months into the booking, he started making stories of semi-conductor shortage and less allocation from Hyundai. Eventually his timeline also stretched to 6-7 months. I guess with the onslaught of new models from MG/M&M/VW etc. Hyundai dealers might want to attract customers to garner more bookings by promising faster delivery. So unless booking amount is small, please be careful in trusting dealer's words.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 2nd October 2021 at 22:53.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 09:07   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
There is not fixed booking amount and it depends on the negotiation. I could book it for 5k (initially the dealer started with 10-15k and then settled for 5k). I was not willing to pay anything more which would get locked for 6-8months. Also I didn't want to get into scenario of running after the dealer in case I wanted to cancel the booking. I was willing to lose 3k which was dealer cancellation charges (and in worst case scenario entire 5k if dealer won't cooperate).

Please take 3-4 month commitment for IVT model with a pinch of salt. I made second booking with another dealer who committed half the waiting time (4 months) vs 8 months given by my original dealer. After couple of months into the booking, he started making stories of semi-conductor shortage and less allocation from Hyundai. Eventually his timeline also stretched to 6-7 months. I guess with the onslaught of new models from MG/M&M/VW etc. Hyundai dealers might want to attract customers to garner more bookings by promising faster delivery. So unless booking amount is small, please be careful in trusting dealer's words.
Yeah, I hear you. I am not planning to get another booking for the Creta, not after this experience.

The only decision is whether I cancel this booking or wait for whatever time it takes. If there are going to be price hikes after the festival period and Iam sure there might be couple more hikes if indeed the delivery time might take additional 4 to 5 months, I don't think I will hold the booking, since at 20L, I think it is already on the border of the VFM curve for me.

I can easily stretch my budget a bit and go one segment up too or go with other options even below. I will see what transpires during my visit today.
Old 3rd October 2021, 10:52   #1154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, I hear you. I am not planning to get another booking for the Creta, not after this experience.

The only decision is whether I cancel this booking or wait for whatever time it takes. If there are going to be price hikes after the festival period and Iam sure there might be couple more hikes if indeed the delivery time might take additional 4 to 5 months, I don't think I will hold the booking, since at 20L, I think it is already on the border of the VFM curve for me.

I can easily stretch my budget a bit and go one segment up too or go with other options even below. I will see what transpires during my visit today.
Hyundai recently hiked prices in August so I doubt another hike will happen so soon, specially when the competition is heating up. There will be a hike in the new year but that's the case with almost every company.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 12:40   #1155
BHPian

Quote:
Any luck on your booking info? Or opting for XUV700?
No updates from the dealer. It's been almost a week now. I'm checking out the XUV700, might book it. Not sure about the waiting period there either. In two minds at the moment.

Quote:
If there are going to be price hikes after the festival period and I am sure there might be couple more hikes if indeed the delivery time might take additional 4 to 5 months, I don't think I will hold the booking, since at 20L, I think it is already on the border of the VFM curve for me.

Quote:
Hyundai recently hiked prices in August so I doubt another hike will happen so soon, specially when the competition is heating up. There will be a hike in the new year but that's the case with almost every company.
There is talk of another price hike by Hyundai during the Navratri-Diwali period. They'll be wise to NOT hike prices right now; it'll just make it easier for a lot of us to switch to competition. As asmr said, Creta does not justify a 20L+ tag for me either! I'd rather spend a lakh more and opt for the XUV700. Hyundai would be shooting themselves in the foot with a price hike now.
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks