Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2021, 10:32   #1066
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
Can you please enlighten us on what you learned?
My joy of new car was killed, thought of new car made me angry as whenever I called my SA he told me, “Sir peecha se stock nhi aa rha”. At last I ended up buying Alcazar within 10 days of launch.

You can refer to this thread too :
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ng-period.html (Case against buying a car with a high waiting period)
Jatin247 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 17:34   #1067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
....You can list down the features that you feel "must have" , and compare with another cars in the segment and take a decision. There's a image factor to be considered as well. Today Creta is what Honda City used to be few years back - a status symbol. I suggest you wait for your car.
Thanks Akshay. My list of "Must Haves" is satisfied by a Honda City ZX CVT. However, since my ownership period will be at least 10 years, I thought a Creta 1.5D SX(O) AT may be a better choice in the long run (Decision influenced by https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...to-longer.html (How a more expensive car can work out cheaper (if you hold onto it for longer))). Also, I am not too inclined on getting a Creta 1.5P SX(O) IVT, primarily due to the fuel efficiency of a petrol Creta IVT (I drive 45kms a day hence a Diesel Creta AT made sense though it's quite a stretch from a Honda City ZX CVT- 4Lakhs). Now after reading about the future of Hyundai diesel in India (https://www.rushlane.com/hyundai-die...-12390433.html) and the potential DPF issues, I am rethinking my decision. I was given a delivery estimate of Nov 2021 but post the price hike, the delivery estimate is now Feb 2022. I have no hard requirement of a tall body crossover over a sedan but thought it would be a new experience.

You see my confusion now?

BTW, which dealer did you go with for your Creta? I booked with Kundan, Bavdhan.

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 7th September 2021 at 17:38. Reason: Additional comments
sam264_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 19:01   #1068
BHPian

Quote:

You see my confusion now?

BTW, which dealer did you go with for your Creta? I booked with Kundan, Bavdhan.
Man, that is quite dilemma you have there. Unless it is urgent, I would wait for Creta. City is also great car from what I read on reviews, and the fact that my neighbor has one as well. He told me he has covered almost 1.25 lakh kms so far. He does frequent highway runs to Mumbai. And apart from minor scratches and dents the car is running fine.
I bought my Creta from Somani Hyundai, Baramati (Maharashtra). Let me know what colour you want, I'll speak with my SA if he can manage something.
Akshay6988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 20:15   #1069
Senior - BHPian

Posting this on behalf of my friend, the vehicle(2021 Creta SXO) belongs to his boss. Water leakage happened during Sep 5th rain. The vehicle is completely stock.

A service appointment has been booked tomorrow.

Last edited by badboyscad : 7th September 2021 at 20:18.
badboyscad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 20:51   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
...Water leakage happened during Sep 5th rain....
This looks like leakage from the water outlets of the panoramic sunroof mechanism. Was the car parked in open for a long time and had a lot of dust? Check this video -

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 7th September 2021 at 21:10. Reason: Additional comments
sam264_2000 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 21:01   #1071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was the car parked in open for a long time and had a lot of dust?
The car is parked in a covered parking area and is regularly cleaned.
badboyscad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 21:20   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
...I bought my Creta from Somani Hyundai, Baramati (Maharashtra). Let me know what colour you want, I'll speak with my SA if he can manage something.
Thanks Akshay. I would definitely let you know. We do want the car before December though for a wedding in the family.
Old 8th September 2021, 00:51   #1073
BHPian

Quote:
Posting this on behalf of my friend, the vehicle(2021 Creta SXO) belongs to his boss. Water leakage happened during Sep 5th rain. The vehicle is completely stock.
This is shocking indeed. I was very apprehensive about the hard-top leak when buying the Thar. Touch-wood there is no leak at all.

And here Hyundai Creta is seeing water come in. Shocked to see Mahindra getting better in QC than Hyundai. Anecdotal view of course
Old 8th September 2021, 12:11   #1074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car is parked in a covered parking area and is regularly cleaned.
Needs the rubber beads on door replaced. Check for dust and rust formation when they remove it.

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 8th September 2021 at 12:13.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 13:48   #1075
BHPian

Quote:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=CRuaNwc59VE

A service appointment has been booked tomorrow.
Service guys should replace the rubber beading on the doors for sure.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 21:16   #1076
Senior - BHPian

I have come across many posts in this thread about insurance quotes by dealer being exorbitantly pricey and some folks have got a good deal buying own insurance online. I got quotes from ICICI Lombard and Bajaj Allianz and they are just few thousand bucks lower than that quoted by the dealer. Am I missing something? Can someone share what is a ballpark insurance premium for SX (IVT) with add-on like zero dep, engine protector and return to invoice (assuming zero NCB)? I am landing at around 65-72k among the online and dealer quotes. Does that figure sounds okayish? How to get it at lower price(I don't want to lower the IDV)?

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 8th September 2021 at 21:19.
Old 8th September 2021, 23:06   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I have come across many posts in this thread about insurance quotes by dealer being exorbitantly pricey and some folks have got a good deal buying own insurance online. I got quotes from ICICI Lombard and Bajaj Allianz and they are just few thousand bucks lower than that quoted by the dealer. Am I missing something? Can someone share what is a ballpark insurance premium for SX (IVT) with add-on like zero dep, engine protector and return to invoice (assuming zero NCB)? I am landing at around 65-72k among the online and dealer quotes. Does that figure sounds okayish? How to get it at lower price(I don't want to lower the IDV)?
You can definitely get a better quote with kotak, Digit and some other players.
I got my sx(O) DCT covered by Digit with an IDV of 18.57 lacs at 56k with all add-ons like Zero dep, Return to invoice, consumables, Engine protect and RSA. I also got my 50%ncb transferred to the policy which got the premium reduced to 39.7k

Kotak was giving much lesser premium that digit but then they were giving me a lesser IDV, which i was not okay with.
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 23:25   #1078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
You can definitely get a better quote with kotak, Digit and some other players.
I got my sx(O) DCT covered by Digit with an IDV of 18.57 lacs at 56k with all add-ons like Zero dep, Return to invoice, consumables, Engine protect and RSA. I also got my 50%ncb transferred to the policy which got the premium reduced to 39.7k

Kotak was giving much lesser premium that digit but then they were giving me a lesser IDV, which i was not okay with.
I just checked digit insurance and it is showing quote of 70k (including gst) for 15L idv and add ons like zero dep, RTI, engine protection and RSA.. Don't know what am I doing wrong but how did it show you 56k for 18.57L IDV?
Old 9th September 2021, 00:04   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I just checked digit insurance and it is showing quote of 70k (including gst) for 15L idv and add ons like zero dep, RTI, engine protection and RSA.. Don't know what am I doing wrong but how did it show you 56k for 18.57L IDV?
Sorry, I did forgot to mention that it was last year October. There may be some price increase after that or may be some change in the pricing strategy. Insurance companies are notorious in that way of saying third party charges have increased or some other thing that we cannot challenge. Best would be if you can talk to one of the representative and see what he/she can do for you.
I tried checking for quotes from kotak in policybazaar and was able to see a 35k premium with 15.39 IDV with major add ons.
Screenshot attached for your reference.

Hope it helps
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-chrome_screenshot_1631125826341.png  

D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 08:28   #1080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
I tried checking for quotes from kotak in policybazaar and was able to see a 35k premium with 15.39 IDV with major add ons.
Screenshot attached for your reference.

Hope it helps
Thanks for aharing How is the service of Kotak if you have experience with their claim process? The insurance premiums on Policybazar site are significantly low vs. the quotes I received for similar IDV and add-ons. Also major companies like icici/hdfc/Bajaj etc are not showing up on Policybazar so I am wondering if there is any catch or hidden facts which should be taken into account. It feels too good to be true

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 9th September 2021 at 08:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks