Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2021, 23:48   #1006
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulinthecity View Post
Hello All

I am one of those who booked a creta dct 5 months with advaith in Bangalore . I havnt received my car and I have been told not to expect it for another 3 months.
I contacted Trident and they are quite confident of delivering the car within 2 months. How is this possible ? Are they just trying to get me to book with them or does Trident genuinely get a larger chunk of cars in Bangalore .

I am thinking of going ahead with the booking anyways. Whoever delivers earlier gets my money.
There is something strange going on with these 2 dealers. I am in the same boat as you except that I am waiting for 1.5 IVT model. Sales team in Advaith is least bothered about losing customer and have written on their bulletin board clearly about 8 months waiting for IVT model. They are sticking to it to the T
Now coming to Trident, they are somehow very confident of delivering within 4-5 months. In fact when I enquired, they got back to me same day asking if I was OK with dct as they had one in stock! Either it is a gimmick to lure customer or timelines are really genuine, I don't know. But these dealers have totally different approach and that is baffling
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 10:33   #1007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello All

I am one of those who booked a creta dct 5 months with advaith in Bangalore . I havnt received my car and I have been told not to expect it for another 3 months.
I contacted Trident and they are quite confident of delivering the car within 2 months. How is this possible ? Are they just trying to get me to book with them or does Trident genuinely get a larger chunk of cars in Bangalore .

I am thinking of going ahead with the booking anyways. Whoever delivers earlier gets my money.
My experience was same with Advaith. I booked DCT SXO in March and was given 5 months waiting period. In July, Advaith informed me of further delay and I got a feeling that it is not going to happen this year. Changing the variant to Diesel SXO sometime back did not help either. Contacted Trident sales guy through a reference and got the vehicle in two weeks by paying partial amount upfront, which was fine with me.

Trident somehow manages to get the vehicle earlier. Advaith was least interested in selling the car. Overall, the attitude of dealers is take it or leave with the huge demand for Creta.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 17:29   #1008
BHPian

Reading all the horror stories of unrealistic waiting period, I feel I had taken the bite at the right time last year and got my SX(O) DCT with in 40 days of booking confirmation.

I hope this improves and we all get the cars we like and enjoy the drives and vacation planned.
Old 12th August 2021, 17:54   #1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
Reading all the horror stories of unrealistic waiting period, I feel I had taken the bite at the right time last year and got my SX(O) DCT with in 40 days of booking confirmation.

I hope this improves and we all get the cars we like and enjoy the drives and vacation planned.
You are a lucky guy ! How has been your experience so far with DCT ?
Old 12th August 2021, 17:58   #1010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post

Trident somehow manages to get the vehicle earlier. Advaith was least interested in selling the car. Overall, the attitude of dealers is take it or leave with the huge demand for Creta.
This is the experience ever since the new Creta was launched. As I have mentioned in some earlier posts, I was quoted a wait period of atleast 8 weeks at some of the prominent dealers in Pune. But later I interacted directly with the GM of Shivam Hyundai and at that time, I was ready with the variant choice, colour choice and the money (inc loan processing) upfront. I got my SXO Diesel AT in exactly 14 days. Sometimes its luck too. If one is not hard pressed for colours, one can get something from stock which others may not have paid up front etc. Perhaps it helps the dealer with the cash flow in these pandemic times. A lot of potential customers keep open choices in terms of model, variant and colours after booking, somewhere I think this results in dealers also not amenable to a democratic treatment of the customer.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 12th August 2021 at 17:59. Reason: Quotes added
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 18:59   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
You are a lucky guy ! How has been your experience so far with DCT ?
Have been enjoying that machine to the core till april and then the 2nd wave came in. Now I only take it out for small runs around the city. But yes the last time when I took her out on the highway, i was so happy with the performance, be it those quick overtakes, lane changes and the confidence it gives with the power available.
Also I am quite happy with the "Kitna deti hai" parameter..

I do understand that there are a lot of apprehensions about the dry clutch setup, but hey thats why we count on the warranty. And with the 5 yr warranty from Hyundai, i really dont see a problem.

To all those folks who are sitting at the fence, my suggestion would be do a back to back TD of the IVT, DCT and ATs and then decide what you like and what your requirements are. If these kind of doubts are really a deciding factor and we would not be seeing any skoda/VW DSGs on the road.

These are machines are machines are bound to fail at times. Have seen a couple of posts in brand new IVT gearbox failure on i20. We just cant blame the entire product range for that.
Listen to your heart and take care of the machines, they will give you happy memories
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 17:13   #1012

The latest price list for the Creta after the recent price hike.

Insurance at almost 80K for the SX IVT is just daylight robbery. I checked a couple of places and the highest quotation I got was 59K.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-creta_price_list_020821.png
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PRICELIST-CRETA 2-8-21.pdf (667.0 KB, 122 views)
Old 13th August 2021, 17:41   #1013
BHPian

Folks, I own a 2019 Model Creta, and today while casually browsing through the Hyundai MOBIS website for the accessories supported for Creta I came across these 2 bulbs. I have a few questions and would appreciate if the members can respond.

1. Which one is supported for 2019 modes SX variant(H4 OR H7)
2. The existing ones(Factory Fitted) in the vehicle are presumably different than the one in the screenshot and hence I should expect some improvement in case I replace them. Correct?
3. Will the warranty be void if I replace them?
4.Has anyone replaced the stock ones with the ones in the screenshot below? If yes please share your views.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-h4..png  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-h7.png  

Old 13th August 2021, 18:24   #1014
Senior - BHPian

While I am waiting for my car delivery, I wanted to understand about the insurance part. I have seen many posts related to steep insurance quotes from dealer. The way things are with Hyundai dealers, seems like they give very short notice when the car is allocated and if customer is not ready with the paperwork, they immediately pass on the car to another willing customer. So my question is that how to go about this insurance negotiation? When is the right time to start this process? I'm guessing that if car is Infact about to be allocated to me, then it'll be too late to discuss about these things and I may have to take it or leave it. So I want to be prepared when the time comes. I'd really appreciate some pointers here. TIA
Old 13th August 2021, 20:17   #1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
While I am waiting for my car delivery, I wanted to understand about the insurance part. I have seen many posts related to steep insurance quotes from dealer. The way things are with Hyundai dealers, seems like they give very short notice when the car is allocated and if customer is not ready with the paperwork, they immediately pass on the car to another willing customer. So my question is that how to go about this insurance negotiation? When is the right time to start this process? I'm guessing that if car is Infact about to be allocated to me, then it'll be too late to discuss about these things and I may have to take it or leave it. So I want to be prepared when the time comes. I'd really appreciate some pointers here. TIA
My experience wasn't too good with the dealer. When the price hike was announced I spoke with my SE and also discussed the insurance cost and if I could get a discount or get it done outside.

Long story short, they discussed with the GM and said you can go ahead and take any insurance you want. What went unsaid was none of the additional accessories and services that they would otherwise quote as "free" wouldn't be offered.
The sales manager kept saying that I would have to take care of everything to do with insurance.

Eventually I did tell them I would go ahead with company insurance.

I have since then booked a Sonet.

If you are thinking of buying insurance outside better find out what all you will have to do before discussing with the dealer. (I have always taken company insurance for the first year, so don't really know exactly what needs to be done)
SgtRuckus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 21:25   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtRuckus View Post
The sales manager kept saying that I would have to take care of everything to do with insurance.

Eventually I did tell them I would go ahead with company insurance.
Before buying outside insurance, make sure that Hyundai has a cashless tie-up with the insurance provider. You’ll have to lodge the claim yourself in case of an accident and may have to follow up with the surveyor for surveying the vehicle, approving of the claim etc but it shouldn’t be an issue unless you really don’t want to do any of this and want everything to be done by the dealer. Hyundai assurance policy allows unlimited zero dep claims during insurance periods unlike outside insurers who allow 2-3 such claims. There’s no salvage amount deducted in HAP and they give rat bite coverage that only Bharti AXA from the list of outside insurers give. Just because the dealer says we have to do everything doesn’t mean we have to cave in and take it from him. They have big fat commissions on the insurance amount.

I’ve had both outside and company’s insurances on my vehicles and have claimed in both. Haven’t had any issues in either. Yes you’d maybe have to work a bit in the former but the amount you’ll save in the first year is huge. I saved ~40k on my insurance on my new Creta since the dealer matched the insurance quote from outside. Choose wisely.
Dhananjay_Desai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 22:54   #1017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
Before buying outside insurance, make sure that Hyundai has a cashless tie-up with the insurance provider. You’ll have to lodge the claim yourself in case of an accident and may have to follow up with the surveyor for surveying the vehicle, approving of the claim etc but it shouldn’t be an issue unless you really don’t want to do any of this and want everything to be done by the dealer. Hyundai assurance policy allows unlimited zero dep claims during insurance periods unlike outside insurers who allow 2-3 such claims. There’s no salvage amount deducted in HAP and they give rat bite coverage that only Bharti AXA from the list of outside insurers give. Just because the dealer says we have to do everything doesn’t mean we have to cave in and take it from him. They have big fat commissions on the insurance amount.

I’ve had both outside and company’s insurances on my vehicles and have claimed in both. Haven’t had any issues in either. Yes you’d maybe have to work a bit in the former but the amount you’ll save in the first year is huge. I saved ~40k on my insurance on my new Creta since the dealer matched the insurance quote from outside. Choose wisely.
True. I have claimed insurance about 5 times in the 7 years that I have owned the Grand i10. Except the first 2 years I renewed insurance online with different providers and never had issues with getting claims approved. Process was pretty much the same across the board. In Bangalore almost all insurance providers have a good network so it's not that difficult. Maybe in tier-2/3 cities or places where the insurance providers may not have good reach the process may take time.

Quote:
Just because the dealer says we have to do everything doesn’t mean we have to cave in and take it from him. They have big fat commissions on the insurance amount.
But when you are getting a new car and you are starting off a relationship with the dealership, you may not want to start off with antagonising them (unless they are cool about it).
Old 14th August 2021, 13:51   #1018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

But when you are getting a new car and you are starting off a relationship with the dealership, you may not want to start off with antagonising them (unless they are cool about it).
The relationship starts at booking and ends at delivery.. Beyond that it is the relationship with service center and your car. The way dealers are making customers wait for the delivery and throwing in weird TnC, I doubt there is any element of healthy relationship left
Aviator_guy is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 00:24   #1019
BHPian

Hey guys! My Creta's passenger side door wouldn't open when I pull the lever. It opens on pulling the door handle from outside. The lock also works perfectly. It's just that pulling the open lever has no effect on the door opening. Can anyone help?

Last edited by Sheel : 15th August 2021 at 08:58. Reason: Typo.
iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 00:29   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtRuckus View Post
The latest price list for the Creta after the recent price hike.

Insurance at almost 80K for the SX IVT is just daylight robbery. I checked a couple of places and the highest quotation I got was 59K.

Attachment 2192455
This is indeed daylight robbery. Hope their attitude changes post the XUV7OO launch effect.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks