Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2021, 17:59   #1111

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Just a quick update, there was nothing wrong with the wireless charging pad in the car. It was my phone. I tried charging it using a wireless charger at home and it did not charge. The universal solution of turning it off and then back on did the trick.
Wireless charging in the car as you mentioned is flawless. But the service guys I think are a bit overwhelmed by all this smart features in the car.

Thanks for everyone's inputs
Old 24th September 2021, 13:29   #1112
Senior - BHPian

I am going for SX 1.5NA petrol IVT model and need some advise whether it is worth to go for Shield of trust and /or Extended warranty. I plan to opt for standard 5 years 50k km warranty and have a feeling that these add-ons may not be required for a CVT model. Appreciate suggestions
Old 24th September 2021, 22:55   #1113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-BHP View Post
Final Update – Car Got Delivered

Finally took the delivery of the car on 2nd September 2021 i.e. exactly after 8 months of waiting (booked the car on 2nd Jan 2021). Did the PDI in the morning. All things were in place. Full payment was done by 4:30 PM and I took the delivery at 6:30 PM .
it must be feeling amazing to have got your hands on the car after such a long wait..you mentioned that you did PDI in morning and delivery in afternoon. So the dealer delivered without registration and it happened post delivery? My car is alloted to me today and is in transit. Dealer is insisting on full payment asap so that he can start the registration process. Not sure if dealer is doing the right thing or pushing to get the funds. Is that how it works? I have waited for 6 months and want to get things moving asap so going by the dealer's word and hoping there are no surprises. Any insights would be helpful.
Old 24th September 2021, 23:52   #1114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I am going for SX 1.5NA petrol IVT model and need some advise whether it is worth to go for Shield of trust and /or Extended warranty. I plan to opt for standard 5 years 50k km warranty and have a feeling that these add-ons may not be required for a CVT model. Appreciate suggestions
An extended warranty is not required if your running is not more than 10K KMs per year. 50K/5 Year Wonder Warranty is good enough.

Shield of Trust is good for manual variants since it covers clutch but since you are taking CVT, there is no point in taking Shield of Trust. It costs Rs. 25K for 5 years and the cost of part replacement (in case of CVT) would be much lower. You can take Shield of Trust up to the first service (i.e. 1200-1500 KMs or two months)

Hyundai has introduced Shield of Trust Super which includes consumables also (see the screenshot below) and that might be a good option as I have been told that Shield of Trust Super cost approx. Rs. 30K for 5 years but I am not very sure about it. One can take Shield of Trust Super up to the second service (i.e. 10K KMs or 1 year)

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-shield_of_trust_super.png

Quote:
it must be feeling amazing to have got your hands on the car after such a long wait..you mentioned that you did PDI in morning and delivery in afternoon. So the dealer delivered without registration and it happened post delivery? My car is alloted to me today and is in transit. Dealer is insisting on full payment asap so that he can start the registration process. Not sure if dealer is doing the right thing or pushing to get the funds. Is that how it works? I have waited for 6 months and want to get things moving asap so going by the dealer's word and hoping there are no surprises. Any insights would be helpful.
Thanks for your wishes. It is indeed a great feeling. Yes, I did the PDI around 11:00 AM in the morning and took delivery in the evening. The payment was cleared around 4:30 PM and the Road Tax was paid around 6:15 PM (I got the SMS confirmation). The car was delivered with the TC number (printed on red paper and pasted at the place of the number plate). The car number was allocated 5 days after the delivery of the car (I got the same on SMS) and I was able to pull the online RC on MParivaahan at the same moment.

Once the car was allocated on 17th Aug 2021 (i.e. I got the VIN number) there was no pressure from the dealer regarding payment. Though during the booking, it was told to me that the payment should be made once the car is allocated but I was reluctant to do the payment unless I see the car but I never mentioned this to the dealer as they never asked for the payment while the car was in transit. Actually, as I have mentioned in my post, my car came to the stockyard on 28th Aug 2021 and I took the delivery after 6 days (on 2nd Sept 2021) and even during this period dealer did not ask for any payment.

I have been told that once the car is allocated by Hyundai the car is allocated to your booking id and unless you refuse for taking the delivery, the car stays allocated to your booking id for two weeks (not sure if the duration of two weeks is correct).

My suggestion is that you only pay once you do the PDI as once you have paid, changing anything is a hassle.
HP-BHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 19:01   #1115
BHPian

Hi everyone!

(This is my very first post in Team BHP!)

I have booked my Creta 1.5L SXO IVT in July 2021, with a 90 day delivery commit from the dealer.

However, I have zero confidence that they will be able to meet that commitment, given all the experiences I have read here about the semiconductor shortage, huge demand and also what I heard from my work place with colleagues who cancelled their bookings with other dealers to pick up other cars.

I do have a question though. While I have a cordial relationship with the SA, there has been absolutely zero communication from the dealer this far. I was the one pinging the SA once every 2 weeks, checking in on status which obviously has been in the negative. I had even asked for revised number workups, giving them hints that I am ready to be flexible in case of some stroke of luck with cancellations.

But there has been no response apart from the regular "We have put in for priority allocation. We will keep you updated sir". I might also add that I have the soft copy of the forms I signed and no order number is mentioned in it.

Has this been the experience for others here as well with Hyundai dealers? That they don't communicate any status until they actually have a booking allotted to them?
Old 26th September 2021, 19:38   #1116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
Hi everyone!

(This is my very first post in Team BHP!)

I have booked my Creta 1.5L SXO IVT in July 2021, with a 90 day delivery commit from the dealer.

However, I have zero confidence that they will be able to meet that commitment, given all the experiences I have read here about the semiconductor shortage, huge demand and also what I heard from my work place with colleagues who cancelled their bookings with other dealers to pick up other cars.

I do have a question though. While I have a cordial relationship with the SA, there has been absolutely zero communication from the dealer this far. I was the one pinging the SA once every 2 weeks, checking in on status which obviously has been in the negative. I had even asked for revised number workups, giving them hints that I am ready to be flexible in case of some stroke of luck with cancellations.

But there has been no response apart from the regular "We have put in for priority allocation. We will keep you updated sir". I might also add that I have the soft copy of the forms I signed and no order number is mentioned in it.

Has this been the experience for others here as well with Hyundai dealers? That they don't communicate any status until they actually have a booking allotted to them?
Welcome to the club

This is the situation across India for SX and SX(O) IVT models. I have been in waiting for last 7 months and just yesterday got to know that car is allocated. Prior to this, there was no communication except "sir, you know there is semi-conductor shortage and we are not getting cars from Hyundai". You can find many fellow BHPians also are in the same boat. Some got lucky with inside connection though but in general there is huge wait list. However I was told that Hyundai has provided bumper allocation this month due to festive season.. So you might get the car sooner.. Keep your fingers crossed

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 26th September 2021 at 19:40.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 08:18   #1117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not just Hyundai, it happens with any dealer having a vehicle that's in demand. I had the same experience with Swift, Ecosport. Didn't' have much problem with the Creta since that was allotted as soon the price was announced.

Don't expect the SA to update you the status frequently (He might update when the vehicle is in transit).
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 14:05   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
Welcome to the club

This is the situation across India for SX and SX(O) IVT models. I have been in waiting for last 7 months and just yesterday got to know that car is allocated. Prior to this, there was no communication except "sir, you know there is semi-conductor shortage and we are not getting cars from Hyundai". You can find many fellow BHPians also are in the same boat. Some got lucky with inside connection though but in general there is huge wait list. However I was told that Hyundai has provided bumper allocation this month due to festive season.. So you might get the car sooner.. Keep your fingers crossed
Thanks! I do hope that they are able to deliver with the bumper allocation. I also had called up the Hyundai support team over phone. What I learned is that the ordering window for all dealers is between 1st and 10th of each month. Anything that doesn't get through in that window will have to be retried in the next month. So, I guess I will know by Oct 11th if I am getting mine or not in that month.
Old 27th September 2021, 15:52   #1119
BHPian

Quote:

We are sailing in the same boat. Even I have booked the same model in July, in Mumbai though. Surprised that the dealer committed a 90-day delivery period to you. In my case, they upfront told me minimum 6-7 months. Got a call from the SA last week however informing that Hyundai has planned a bumper allocation for festive season, so they're trying to get my delivery by Diwali. Keeping fingers crossed
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 16:28   #1120
Senior - BHPian

I am facing a weird situation with my insurance which I purchased online (directly from insurance provider) for yet to be delivered Creta. I shared the soft copy with the dealer and he reverted saying he can't authenticate it using the QR code mentioned. I called up customer care and they are saying it might take some time (a day) to reflect the policy in their system. Dealer is clueless and said that they don't face issue with policy when customer goes through them. I am taking it with a pinch of salt since dealer might not be happy losing his commission. However the QR code authenticity has put some doubt in my mind. What if there is some issue with the policy? Has anyone else faced such issues and did it get resolved on its own after sometime or any action was required?
Old 27th September 2021, 18:50   #1121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am facing a weird situation with my insurance which I purchased online (directly from insurance provider) for yet to be delivered Creta. I shared the soft copy with the dealer and he reverted saying he can't authenticate it using the QR code mentioned. I called up customer care and they are saying it might take some time (a day) to reflect the policy in their system. Dealer is clueless and said that they don't face issue with policy when customer goes through them. I am taking it with a pinch of salt since dealer might not be happy losing his commission. However the QR code authenticity has put some doubt in my mind. What if there is some issue with the policy? Has anyone else faced such issues and did it get resolved on its own after sometime or any action was required?
So here is the thing. After multiple rounds of conference calls with the insurance company and the dealer, I could get to the bottom of the issue. Firstly, there is nothing wrong with the insurance. Secondly, dealer has some internal portal (God knows what it is for) which was unable to decode QR code. Dealer had no proper answer about what he is trying to do with QR code. He kept insisting that RTO doesn't accept without QR code but his bluff was called out by the insurance person on the phone when dealer was asked to share IRDA guidelines that QR code is mandatory. Dealer kept dodging the question and then said that Hyundai system doesn't allow. Finally I escalated the matter to their supervisor and he has offered to help out. Funny part is that I missed to scan the code myself to see what the issue I was. But when I did that, oh boy, it worked Even insurance person was able to get it work. Dealer still has no clue why it doesn't work for him but finally accepted that there is no issue. My take away from this - Dealer was trying to pull a fast one and make me feel like I made a mistake by going for insurance on my own. So wanted to share my experience here for awareness and let people know about unethical practices. Not calling out name of dealer but I am sure they learnt their lesson.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 27th September 2021 at 18:51.
Aviator_guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 19:46   #1122
BHPian

Quote:
Dealer was trying to pull a fast one and make me feel like I made a mistake by going for insurance on my own. So wanted to share my experience here for awareness and let people know about unethical practices. Not calling out name of dealer but I am sure they learnt their lesson.
There should be zero tolerance for such shady dealer practices. You should definitely call out the name of the dealer, just so all BHPians are aware while dealing with them.

P.s. Good to know your issue was resolved though. One will always face a level of resistance while opting for external insurance as dealers lose out on hefty commissions.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 20:57   #1123

Hi guys,
I got my Creta SX(O) Diesel Auto delivered on 1st Sep. It’s been a happy driving for the last few days until yesterday. Suddenly the AVN stopped working in the evening when I started the car (my heart skipped a beat.. not for new car issue but thinking about the semiconductor and chip shortage related to AVN). It was all blank, didn’t know what to do.. so I called the SA for some solution. He asked me to open the OBD fuse box and look for any loose connections... when I opened it.. it looked very complex and decided to visit the workshop rather than showing my talent.
I started the car again after closing the fuse box and the AVN turned on this time as if nothing happened.. didn’t understand what went wrong and what fixed it... can someone throw some light on it.
Other than that the drive was amazing and enjoying every moment of it. Drove 3k kms till now.
I have few questions regarding the SOT and extended warranty. My usage will be high around 2000kms a month and approx. 3 outstation trips a year. So, planning to take 4th & 5th yr -140k package for extended warranty. Any more suggestions??
But when it comes to SOT, I am unable to decide on one. Do I need to take it...? As my usage would be high.. the only package in SOT that makes sense is 2 yr-40k @ Rs. 9999/-.
Please give your valuable suggestions... so that I can reach for clear decision.

Thanks in advance
Syperam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 21:07   #1124
BHPian

Quote:
I wonder what was the point of saying that the customers don't face issues with company policy through them when you have purchased the policy already from someone else.

When I was booking mine 2 months back, it took me a several tries to get it across to my dealer that I am not taking the policy from them. The usual strategy is throwing the cashless facility as a carrot, for which I responded saying "it's ok, I can go for reimbursement". Even after I showed them my own agent's quote (which was almost 40K less), they were unwilling to reduce. Then the paltry cash discount that was offered on the proforma invoice suddenly became "discount on insurance" in the booking form. The things they do for the commissions!
Old 28th September 2021, 18:11   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone! I have booked my Creta 1.5L SXO IVT in July 2021, with a 90 day delivery commit from the dealer.
Welcome to the Team-BHP family. Unless someone from top management of Hyundai is not assuring you, the delivery commitment of 90 days for Creta SXO IVT should be taking with truckload of salt. Average waiting has been 7 – 8 months since Jan 2021.

When you would have booked the car, you would have received a message from Hyundai (on SMS if you are a first time Hyundai buyer or on Whatsapp if your number is registered with them) along with your booking reference id. Your car would be allocated to this booking reference id only. While the forms signed by you during the booking will not have this id but you do receive the same directly from Hyundai.

In case you have not received the same from Hyundai, then please call your dealer and ask for the same.

Quote:
What I learned is that the ordering window for all dealers is between 1st and 10th of each month. Anything that doesn't get through in that window will have to be retried in the next month. So, I guess I will know by Oct 11th if I am getting mine or not in that month.
The ordering window starts from 1st and it can extend up to 15th of any given month. Usually, the automatic variants are allocated at the last (after the 8th of any given month). My car was allocated on the 17th of the month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
We are sailing in the same boat. Even I have booked the same model in July, in Mumbai though. Surprised that the dealer committed a 90-day delivery period to you. In my case, they upfront told me minimum 6-7 months. Got a call from the SA last week however informing that Hyundai has planned a bumper allocation for festive season, so they're trying to get my delivery by Diwali. Keeping fingers crossed
Bumper allocation is something that has been promised across India. Since the Chennai plant is now running at its full capacity (i.e. 3 shifts per day) we might see some big shipping numbers in Oct and Nov.

Quote:
So here is the thing. After multiple rounds of conference calls with the insurance company and the dealer, I could get to the bottom of the issue. Firstly, there is nothing wrong with the insurance. Secondly, dealer has some internal portal (God knows what it is for) which was unable to decode QR code. Dealer had no proper answer about what he is trying to do with QR code. He kept insisting that RTO doesn't accept without QR code but his bluff was called out by the insurance person on the phone when dealer was asked to share IRDA guidelines that QR code is mandatory. Dealer kept dodging the question and then said that Hyundai system doesn't allow. Finally I escalated the matter to their supervisor and he has offered to help out. Funny part is that I missed to scan the code myself to see what the issue I was. But when I did that, oh boy, it worked Even insurance person was able to get it work. Dealer still has no clue why it doesn't work for him but finally accepted that there is no issue. My take away from this - Dealer was trying to pull a fast one and make me feel like I made a mistake by going for insurance on my own. So wanted to share my experience here for awareness and let people know about unethical practices. Not calling out name of dealer but I am sure they learnt their lesson.
The dealer will try his best to make you regret taking insurance from outside but almost all the reputed insurance companies have very wide coverage of authorized dealers especially for Maruti and Hyundai.

Which insurance company have you gone with and what was the premium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syperam View Post
Hi guys,
I got my Creta SX(O) Diesel Auto delivered on 1st Sep. It’s been a happy driving for the last few days until yesterday. Suddenly the AVN stopped working in the evening when I started the car (my heart skipped a beat.
I started the car again after closing the fuse box and the AVN turned on this time as if nothing happened.. didn’t understand what went wrong and what fixed it... can someone throw some light on it.
I have few questions regarding the SOT and extended warranty. My usage will be high around 2000kms a month and approx. 3 outstation trips a year. So, planning to take 4th & 5th yr -140k package for extended warranty. Any more suggestions??
But when it comes to SOT, I am unable to decide on one. Do I need to take it...? As my usage would be high.. the only package in SOT that makes sense is 2 yr-40k @ Rs. 9999/-.
Please give your valuable suggestions... so that I can reach for clear decision. Thanks in advance
Users have reported Creta 10.2 AVN going blank sometimes and almost all the time shutting the car down and starting it again helps the system to become normal again. You can also reset the AVN by pressing the reset button with a sim ejector pin for several seconds.

Since your running is high, going with an extended warranty make sense. You can go with a 4th & 5th Year 120K or 140K extended warranty.

Since you are using an automatic variant, SOT would not be very useful but you can check the SOT Super. Please check the details in the following post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-BHP View Post
Hyundai has introduced Shield of Trust Super which includes consumables also (see the screenshot below) and that might be a good option as I have been told that Shield of Trust Super cost approx. Rs. 30K for 5 years but I am not very sure about it. One can take Shield of Trust Super up to the second service (i.e. 10K KMs or 1 year)
Quote:
I wonder what was the point of saying that the customers don't face issues with company policy through them when you have purchased the policy already from someone else.

When I was booking mine 2 months back, it took me a several tries to get it across to my dealer that I am not taking the policy from them. The usual strategy is throwing the cashless facility as a carrot, for which I responded saying "it's ok, I can go for reimbursement". Even after I showed them my own agent's quote (which was almost 40K less), they were unwilling to reduce. Then the paltry cash discount that was offered on the proforma invoice suddenly became "discount on insurance" in the booking form. The things they do for the commissions!
Insurance is actually one of the biggest revenue generators for new car dealers as it has the highest margins (much more than the accessories). The quotes of insurance from dealers have no Dharma Imaan and dealers will go to any length to ensure that you take insurance from them.
HP-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks