Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2021, 11:53   #1171
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
That is reassuring. Were you stopped by traffic police or faced any issue? Did you travel interstate as well?
No I didnt travelled interstate , but I dont think that will be of any problem as long as you have proper number plates with the number visible.
In Karnataka, the HSRP are still not mandatory unlike few other states, so get this setup done with the registration number and enjoy your drive/vacay. This is as good as the number plates of older cars. My previous car had the similar kind of plates and i have done numerous drives in that without any problems
I drove with those plates for good 5-7 days and was never stopped by traffic police.
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 20:48   #1172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
Not going to push too much. More than happy to take my money elsewhere beyond this month. Let's see.
Interesting day today. I got the booking number (with OTP and all) but no message from Hyundai. I got on to a call with Hyundai customer support who couldn't find my booking with my phone number.

Then they pulled in the Regional sales office person also on to the call. I explained to them the background of my case. They took all the information related to dealership, booking etc. and asked me to send out an email to their ID will all the information. They mentioned there is a "slight" delay in manufacturing which got me laughing.

So I sent the email as asked. And that prompted the sales head of the dealership to drop a long email about how appreciative they were but also that I cannot get my car before end of the year.

Have played nice till now, but sent out a few pointed questions on transparency and trust. Not that anyone would care. If not me, a thousand other customers who are willing to wait. An opaque process is keeping them all shielded.

Consider this:

I was promised a 3 month commit.
Another dealer is promising a 4 month commit if I start now.
My dealer's office shows 3 month waiting period on a board prominently visible to customers
A new SA there says 5 months
The head of sales is saying 6 months wait time

While I do believe he was being earnest (and realistic, for a change), I think enough damage is done to trust by now with the overall experience.

So, it might be very well possible that end of the week I might be out looking for a different car. That's just .

Last edited by aah78 : 5th October 2021 at 21:17. Reason: Quote trimmed.
asmr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 22:44   #1173
BHPian

Any idea on the waiting time for DCT? The dealer in Gurgaon is quoting 6 months!
Old 6th October 2021, 02:21   #1174
BHPian

Quote:
I got the booking number (with OTP and all) but no message from Hyundai. I got on to a call with Hyundai customer support who couldn't find my booking with my phone number.

...So, it might be very well possible that end of the week I might be out looking for a different car. That's just .
I haven't got the booking reference even after multiple follow-ups till now. Where did you get the booking number from, the SA? Also, OTP received from dealer?

After much deliberation, I have decided to take the plunge and book the XUV 700 once the bookings open on 7th Oct. Let's see how that goes. If all goes well, will subsequently cancel Creta booking. Have had enough of running behind these Hyundai guys, the attitude is just unsavoury. Don't want to be treated like a beggar when I'm paying them 20L+ for one of their premium cars. I know losing one customer won't cause them any heartburn, but atleast my mind will be at peace. Sorely miss the good old days of every step of the car buying process being an enjoyable journey. Now it's just haggling, mail-baazi, endless waiting and running behind the dealers.
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 08:52   #1175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
I haven't got the booking reference even after multiple follow-ups till now. Where did you get the booking number from, the SA? Also, OTP received from dealer?
The booking number was received from the SA. OTP came in from VM-HMISVR to my phone. Curiously, as I mentioned, it didn't pop up against my phone number for the HMIL Customer Support person when I asked him to pull up my bookings. Maybe a back end system delay.

I completely understand your feelings and I am exactly in the same boat. It's the peace of mind I can't compromise. Like I mentioned, even end of December was a "try if possible" scenario as per the dealer's sales head. The HMIL office rep says there are "slight delays" in manufacturing.

This is simply not worth it. At 20L, the car is not a VFM buy. It's a heart over head for me, at least. I value trust, a given word being kept or at the minimum transparency and proactive communication on delays. But then I realize I am living in my own dream space, expecting these things from dealers or HMIL in a tough market, maybe.
asmr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 11:28   #1176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Consider this:

I was promised a 3 month commit.
Another dealer is promising a 4 month commit if I start now.
My dealer's office shows 3 month waiting period on a board prominently visible to customers
A new SA there says 5 months
The head of sales is saying 6 months wait time
Truth be told, nobody at the dealership would know exactly when the vehicle would be allocated.
They are just giving you random dates & numbers.
Take these commitments with a pinch of salt.

It is good that you have opened up a channel with Hyundai Support directly.
Pursue them periodically, that's the best you can do.
abhishek46 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 12:13   #1177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Truth be told, nobody at the dealership would know exactly when the vehicle would be allocated.
They are just giving you random dates & numbers.
Take these commitments with a pinch of salt.

It is good that you have opened up a channel with Hyundai Support directly. Pursue them periodically, that's the best you can do.
What you say is absolutely right, Ji. At this point even if they commit to giving my vehicle by November or December, I have no reason to trust them. In fact, I was told that they simply parrot the information they get from the Manufacturer. I even wondered why the bookings still being kept open with wrong timelines shown when the existing orders are taking 2X to 3X time to ship. No response, as expected.

I am also thinking why to duke it out with these folks when I can simply cancel the booking and evaluate all of my options, including timeline. I am just miffed at myself for not doing that earlier. I went with the Creta without looking at any other option as it was the 'heart' choice. So, I will see if HMIL is going to change any dynamic in this case but I believe that chance of any positive development is slim.
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 12:26   #1178
BHPian

Quote:
What you say is absolutely right, Ji. At this point even if they commit to giving my vehicle by November or December, I have no reason to trust them. In fact, I was told that they simply parrot the information they get from the Manufacturer. I even wondered why the bookings still being kept open with wrong timelines shown when the existing orders are taking 2X to 3X time to ship. No response, as expected.

I am also thinking why to duke it out with these folks when I can simply cancel the booking and evaluate all of my options, including timeline. I am just miffed at myself for not doing that earlier. I went with the Creta without looking at any other option as it was the 'heart' choice. So, I will see if HMIL is going to change any dynamic in this case but I believe that chance of any positive development is slim.
While you are looking at other options (and I feel you should! There's no point waiting for so long), I suggest you share this thread link with your posts on HMILs social media posts - fb, Instagram, Twitter. Just keep commenting that no follow up from Hyundai neither any confirmation on car delivery date. This worked for me, hope it works for you as well.
Akshay6988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 08:33   #1179

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolout View Post
Yes, I did get the VIN as promised, not the car though :(

I ended up from the frying pan into the fire, so to say

The leasing finance company that my employer was partnering up suddenly had a change in strategy and stopped Auto leasing business.

To my luck, the dealer has been exceptionally cooperative in this time, after I explained him the situation and has held the car for me atleast for next few days.

Hoping to close and finally get the delivery before end of the month.
UPDATE#2
Finally process is moving & in process to close before the end of the month and now the dealer is calling me for accessories.

I do have some in mind, though with SX (O) need is limited, have few queries though

1. Seat covers - Cannot put them on the ventilated seats, but with the white color on them, they will get soiled quickly (two growing brats in the back seat) Are there any options to take care of this? other than buy all 4 and fix only the rear ones?
2. Dealer is pushing for Body coat package (underbody, paint protector & Engine sealant) any guidance?
3. 7D Mats, Do I get these from the dealer, the Hyundai branded are any good? the price is almost twice than available online? Any recommendations?
4. Screen protector for AVN? is it necessary?
5. Any other ones? That might be good to have?
amolout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 14:05   #1180
BHPian

Guys my creta MID displayed "Check steering wheel lock system" message twice today. I had gone to a mall and while parking, I had to move wheels when the car was stationary (I know bad practice but space was less to move freely). Came back to the car half an hour later and when I pressed start button this message (warning?) came up in MID. I tried again but same error. The car didn't start on these two attempts. However car did start the third time I pressed start button. There are no other warning lights on the dashboard, and all systems are showing green in the BlueLink app as well. I wonder what could have caused this error message. Any owners here got this message ? Any inputs are appreciated.
Old 9th October 2021, 14:46   #1181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Guys my creta MID displayed "Check steering wheel lock system" message twice today. I had gone to a mall and while parking, I had to move wheels when the car was stationary (I know bad practice but space was less to move freely). Came back to the car half an hour later and when I pressed start button this message (warning?) came up in MID. I tried again but same error. The car didn't start on these two attempts. However car did start the third time I pressed start button. There are no other warning lights on the dashboard, and all systems are showing green in the BlueLink app as well. I wonder what could have caused this error message. Any owners here got this message ? Any inputs are appreciated.
As per Hyundai forums, this warning message is displayed if the steering wheel does not lock/unlock normally when the Engine Start/Stop button is pressed.

The steering lock can be freed, by pressing the Start/Stop Button few times while turning the steering wheel right and left to release tension.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 17:28   #1182
BHPian

Quote:
1. Seat covers - Cannot put them on the ventilated seats, but with the white color on them, they will get soiled quickly (two growing brats in the back seat) Are there any options to take care of this? other than buy all 4 and fix only the rear ones?
2. Dealer is pushing for Body coat package (underbody, paint protector & Engine sealant) any guidance?
3. 7D Mats, Do I get these from the dealer, the Hyundai branded are any good? the price is almost twice than available online? Any recommendations?
Good to hear it is moving forward.

1. I am sure some mesh type seat cover should be there in market for the ventilated seats.
2. From what I have read here, a brand new car shouldn't need those. But I have seen people take it to just not antagonize the dealer. I have also seen Ravenavi mention in his Phoenix thread that he opted for Jopasu anti-rust coat. So, if it will keep your mind at peace, go for it. PPF or ceramic coat is your choice but not sure if dealers would do it.
3. I would say get it from outside.
4. In my opinion, not needed. But depends on your usage.
5. Dashcams? Door protectors?
asmr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 08:31   #1183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. Ya, white will be hard to maintain, but any 3rd party seat cover might affect the efficient working of seat ventilation. Don't you have 6 airbags? If so, seat covers are a big no.

2. Don't get it from the dealer. Get it from outside. Underbody and paint protection or ceramic. I did ceramic after 6 years and it was worth it.

3. Go to any accessory shop to get this. Moreover, going there might help you with point number 5.

4. Not needed.

5. Sun blinds, dash cam, cubby hole pads (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post3815104 (It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O))).
naveen.raju is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 09:23   #1184
BHPian

Quote:

Just a quick update. I have decided to cancel my booking for Creta SXO IVT. I realized that am in no hurry to buy a car (sour grapes? since I am kicking myself for selling off my trusty Santro Xing XL) but with the market getting more options, and me listening to my head now, the process can begin from a clean slate.

I conveyed the decision to the Dealer and HMIL Customer care via email as well as the SA. No response from them other than the SA saying he will update me (on what I have no idea ). Now all that remains to be seen is if they are going to give me the run around for the booking amount or if they will issue a clean refund and we can go our separate ways.

It's a tiny bit sad moment. But guess it will be for the better. I will now have a chance to evaluate everything from an XL6, S-Cross, even City to Mg, Harrier & the mighty Innova. No Kia or Hyundai for sure, at least until they release a newer car or variant.
asmr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 12:08   #1185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
To all Creta IVT users out there, when you are on a long signal (for more than 15 secs), do you stay in drive mode or do you shift to neutral and engage the electronic brake? What is recommended? I thought that in drive mode, we'll be causing strain to the gearbox since it's in gear and we're braking, it's best to be in neutral, but are automatics structured differently to handle this?
Yes, keeping the gear in "Drive" while waiting does strain the engine. Hence, I use "Neutral" if I have to wait for up to 15-30 secs, if the wait is beyond 30 sec then I put the gear in "Park" mode.

My Creta completed 1 year today and I also got the 2nd Free Service done at Pavan Hyundai. The Engine Oil and Oil filter were replaced and the total expense came around ₹2700. I requested for Synthetic Oil but the SA mentioned that they only use Hyundai recommended BS6 grade Mineral Oil, the option for Synthetic oil was only available on BS4 models. Can anyone please confirm if this is true?

I also seem to have a faulty fuel indicator in my car, it reports less fuel every now and then, which further messes up the "Distance to Empty" and "Average FE" numbers. While I had reported this issue during the 2nd service, they haven't rectified it correctly. I need to visit them again next week which is bit disappointing.

Last edited by autocool : 14th October 2021 at 12:31.
autocool is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks