Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2021, 12:15   #1306
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Thanks for the information.

I have one last question for now, How is the engine itself on the DCT variant? I believe it's a 1.4 Turbo unit and not the 1.5 NA on the IVT/CVT model.
DCT model has 1.4 turbo petrol engine which is quite peppy and fun to drive. However the DCT transmission is the one in question here for reliability issue like the so called heating in bumper to bumper traffic.
Old 11th December 2021, 14:25   #1307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
DCT model has 1.4 turbo petrol engine which is quite peppy and fun to drive. However the DCT transmission is the one in question here for reliability issue like the so called heating in bumper to bumper traffic.
So this heating issue in bumper to bumper traffic results in what exactly?... just some temporary niggle that goes away or a guranteed complete failure of the unit over time.
My friend seems to really have his heart set on a dual clutch and a turbo petrol, so just making sure he fully understands the risks etc.
Old 11th December 2021, 15:52   #1308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
So this heating issue in bumper to bumper traffic results in what exactly?... just some temporary niggle that goes away or a guranteed complete failure of the unit over time.
My friend seems to really have his heart set on a dual clutch and a turbo petrol, so just making sure he fully understands the risks etc.
While I am no expert, you can find some articles here in the forum about DCT issues reported in Seltos and Creta. Here are couple of threads for quick reference..

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/dct-is...ndai-creta-14l

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...tos-dct-4.html (Serious gearbox issue in my Kia Seltos DCT)

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 11th December 2021 at 16:00.
Aviator_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 12:39   #1309
BHPian

So finally got Creta SX (O) IVT delivered couple of days ago. The car has been driven close to 200 kms in Delhi traffic and here are a few initial observations:

Likes -
  • Ultra refined engine and smooth IVT transmission: Hyundai makes some of the most silent, refined and NVH proof engines, and this 1.5 NA petrol engine is no exception. There is absolutely no engine noise or vibrations at idle/low RPMs. The IVT mated to the engine is just smooooth! Since there are no actual gearshifts happening, the subsequent drive experience is jerk free and seamless.
  • Brilliant interior space and comfort: the interior ambience, comfortable seats and sense of space make Creta one of the best places to be in the segment.
  • Useful/good to have features such as front ventilated seats, paddle shifters, auto dimming IRVM, wireless charging et al.
  • Interior looks, quality and feel: the interior looks absolutely beautiful in this car. The dual tone theme goes well with its character. The gear shifter looks and feels super premium. The plastic quality, though mostly hard, is acceptable (more in the dislikes section).
  • Balanced ride quality: it's neither too soft nor bone jarring - quite plush within city drives IMO. Need to test its high speed capabilities on highways.
  • That panoramic sunroof: a lot of people dismiss sunroof as a useless/impractical feature, which isn't necessarily true, particularly for a big panoramic one. You really have to sit in the back seat during early morning/night/rainy day drives, open the blind and look up. It really is a wonderful thing to experience.

Dislikes -
  • Poor headlight throw: allow me to be very candid about the headlights on this car - they are absolute garbage! Just not enough throw and doesn't inspire any confidence. The highbeam looks like it's coming out from a scooter. A man made disaster it is!
  • Vague (typical Hyundai) steering feel: the steering wheel isn't direct and definitely feels vague at times. Interestingly, we noticed that the drive modes change the steering weight to some extent which we didn't expect. Eco mode feels lighter while Sports mode makes it a little heavy. But all of it still fails to make the steering wheel on Creta a good enjoyable one.
  • Brakes: nothing wrong but lacks the right amount of initial bite. We for sure wish that it was a tad less spongy and had extra intial bite.
  • Engine performance: this one is more of a neutral feedback than one of the dislikes as the performance of this 1.5 NA engine is more than adequate, but it lacks outright torque and acceleration when you floor the A pedal. This is not the one for enthusiastic drivers. Period.
  • Hard plastics all over: though the quality is acceptable, some places do feel inferior especially the either side of driver console. It flexes and makes creaky noise. Absolutely hate it.
  • Simply overpriced for what it offers. While Hyundai/Kia charge premium for Creta and Seltos, other manufacturers (Honda, Maruti, Tata et al) don't offer anything substantial. MG India introduced the Astor, which is a potent car but it lacks some important features and the road presence/SUV looks which most of us love. We need better competition in the segment but until that happens, Creta and Seltos would enjoy their dominance.

Here are some random pictures. Will post a detailed ownership review when we have enough ammo.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20211210_173155.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20211210_173011.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20211210_173026.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20211210_173138.jpg  

Col Mehta is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 16:50   #1310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
So finally got Creta SX (O) IVT delivered couple of days ago.
Congratulations for your Creta Sir. Wish you many years of happy journeys.
Curious about the waiting period for your SX(O) IVT and the on-road price/any dealer offer?

Quote:
[*]Poor headlight throw: allow me to be very candid about the headlights on this car - they are absolute garbage! Just not enough throw and doesn't inspire any confidence. The highbeam looks like it's coming out from a scooter. A man made disaster it is!
Is the dealership offering any kind of upgrade(hardware or otherwise). Would love some images of the throw in your detailed review.
mayankverma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 00:10   #1311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankverma View Post
Congratulations for your Creta Sir. Wish you many years of happy journeys.
Curious about the waiting period for your SX(O) IVT and the on-road price/any dealer offer?
Thank you, dear!

My son had booked Creta (Titan Grey) in the last week of July. After multiple follow ups with the dealership, our SA finally managed to get a Creta in white shade. Though white wasn't our first preference, we decided to take it as the other colors were nowhere in sight.

No offer/freebies from the dealer. Accessories bought - window chrome liner (the only chrome we wanted as the black window lines looked boring), boot mat, and mud flaps. The on road price came out as 19,24,351.

Quote:
Is the dealership offering any kind of upgrade(hardware or otherwise).
No hardware upgrade is available from the dealer.

Quote:
Would love some images of the throw in your detailed review.
Absolutely, that's work in progress .
Col Mehta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 17:32   #1312
BHPian

Dashboard reflection

For me, this (IVT SXO) is a perfect car in every respect except for one issue. The dual tone interiors have two light plastic panels on the dashboard that reflect light like crazy. While i have learnt to ignore it, it still gets to me every time i start to drive. And if you thought this was a problem only for few hours of peak sun during the day, you couldn't be more wrong. This thing creates a reflection even with streetlights... some superpower!

I have contemplated sticking a sheet of dark paper, putting a dark heavy cloth, even spray-painting it. Anyone else faced this issue (or am i being hyper-sensitive). If so, any solutions to get rid of this? Can we replace it with parts from DCT all-black interiors as a minor job or it will be too intrusive?
Totoro11 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 15:25   #1313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Guys, my Creta (Petrol, manual) has second service due in first week of January
So I got my Creta serviced yesterday at Somani Hyundai, Baramati, odometer reads 71xx kms. As I am going on a long road trip, didn't want to take any chances and thought it would be good to keep the car ready. There was nothing to work on except the oil change and filter change and lubing the brake caliper pins. The SA did try to include AC disinfectant service but I refused it and he obliged. Had few scratches on LHS panel, the SA got rid of them using some rubbing compound, free of cost ! There are 2 service bays with camera connectivity to facilitate the live streaming of the work being carried out, but those bays already had another creta and a i10, both being worked on for clutch overhaul. Nevertheless my SA, Mr. Bobade, did record the engine oil being drained and the new oil being filled in, so there's transparency here. Interestingly, if they can't provide live stream of the servicing, SAs are required to show the video recording to the customer and they're also required to mention this on the job card ! Total bill came out about ₹ 2826. I did not opt for wheel balancing and alignment as I can't feel anything different with wheels/steering (I know I can be wrong), will get it done sometimes later. Overall happy with the servicing and transparency here
Akshay6988 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 01:07   #1314

New update, got a call yesterday from my SA that a car has been allotted with proof of Engine and Chassis number shared with me. My first choice was Diesel AT SX(O) in white with second preference for Mulberry Red. Plan B was to accept the IVT version too, but I got my preferred choice!

Effectively, 4 days shy of 3 months waiting.

Started the lease program formalities in my office & paid partial lump sump & then rest in 3 days once a Booking Order is confirmed from the leasing company, SA wasn't too fussy about it. Asked for post-Jan registration & delivery which they are OK with on a caveat that the car will be invoiced before Dec ends.

On a side note, people are so desperate for the Creta that SAs are being offered gifts in cash & kind for faster delivery! Direct GPAY!!
suddensandy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 14:27   #1315
BHPian

Been driving the new Creta IVT for almost everyday and it's been a good experience so far. Sharing quick fuel efficiency report:

The car has been driven for close to 650 kms in 10 days. The overall fuel consumption has been 14 kmpl in city traffic and highway runs (60:40). No picture of the accumulated figures as my son accidentally reset the data.

Drove it for about 60 kms last night (sports mode, mild city traffic, speed - 50 to 70 kmph) and got 19.5 kmpl, which is phenomenal (picture attached).

The engine delivers linear power delivery and it's more than adequate for both city and highway drives. Never did we feel that it's underpowered, it's not heavy on torque as our previous gen Diesel (obviously), but does the job perfectly well.

The car had a left pull from day 1. We took it to HASS and they quickly rectified it. No other niggles so far (touchwood).
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20211221_025615.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20211218_013725.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20211217_003834.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-20211216_020307.jpg  

Col Mehta is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 07:38   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
So finally got Creta SX (O) IVT delivered couple of days ago. The car has been driven close to 200 kms in Delhi traffic and here are a few initial observations:
Congratulations! Been reading your posts in various threads prior to your final landing at this Hyundai Thread!

Many Happy motoring miles ahead!!
KapilD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 09:47   #1317
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta buyers opt for Alcazar due to shorter waiting periods. Alcazar has a lesser waiting period due to lower demand.

Name:  20211217053456_Creta and Alcazat.jpg
Views: 1985
Size:  105.3 KB

Quote:
Waiting period on most variants of the Creta is above six months, while some are even going as high as ten months, whereas comparative variants of the Alcazar can be delivered in under three months.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 23rd December 2021 at 09:50.
Old 23rd December 2021, 22:08   #1318
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried to replace halogen bulb on the rear number plate with led one? Looking for feedback and how to go about it (DIY or shop)?
Old 23rd December 2021, 22:31   #1319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro11 View Post
Dashboard reflection

For me, this (IVT SXO) is a perfect car in every respect except for one issue. The dual tone interiors have two light plastic panels on the dashboard that reflect light like crazy. While i have learnt to ignore it, it still gets to me every time i start to drive. And if you thought this was a problem only for few hours of peak sun during the day, you couldn't be more wrong. This thing creates a reflection even with streetlights... some superpower!

I have contemplated sticking a sheet of dark paper, putting a dark heavy cloth, even spray-painting it. Anyone else faced this issue (or am i being hyper-sensitive). If so, any solutions to get rid of this? Can we replace it with parts from DCT all-black interiors as a minor job or it will be too intrusive?
My friend had this issue with his i20 (2015 model) due to the beige interiors/dashboard. I remember that he had applied a sunscreen from 3M on the windshield to reduce this. Mind you this is not a dark one that you can make out. I only realised after he told me that he had done it.
Old 24th December 2021, 08:23   #1320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Has anyone tried to replace halogen bulb on the rear number plate with led one? Looking for feedback and how to go about it (DIY or shop)?
You need to remove the inner boot liner/pad to access the lights. Atleast that's how it was done on my car (first gen Creta). Cannot directly access/remove the bulbs from the number plate area.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks