Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2021, 14:23   #1276

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

You will receive a separate notification once the card is dispatched mostly by post. It is possible that the cards are not available. I had to wait for 5 months before I could get my RC. I was using the digital copy of the same which showed all the correct information. The traffic cops were aware of the same. Best bet is to ask the traffic cops for the delay.
Old 19th November 2021, 15:06   #1277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunalghogle View Post
You will receive a separate notification once the card is dispatched mostly by post. It is possible that the cards are not available. I had to wait for 5 months before I could get my RC. I was using the digital copy of the same which showed all the correct information. The traffic cops were aware of the same. Best bet is to ask the traffic cops for the delay.
I received the RC smart card yesterday by speed post .
It took about 40 days from registration to get the card.

There was no notification and the online status didn't mention about dispatch or speed post info. Even now the status has not changed. So I guess that in Karnataka, they do not update dispatch status.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 19th November 2021 at 15:23.
Aviator_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 02:28   #1278
BHPian

Cancelled my booking of the Creta SX(O) IVT today. Had already been 4 months and still no delivery date in sight.

Delivery of XUV 700 slated for next week; had booked online on 7th Oct.

The Hyundai SA was really disappointed, really sweet chap. Anyone in Mumbai looking to shop for an Hyundai car, I'll share his details via PM.
P.s. I am not in any way connected to him or the dealership. Just want to be of help. Thanks.
IamNikhil is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 20:02   #1279
Senior - BHPian

I have noticed that the cabin air purifier turns on every time the engine is turned on. Is there a way to keep it off or set the setting to off upon engine start?
Old 21st November 2021, 13:06   #1280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I have noticed that the cabin air purifier turns on every time the engine is turned on. Is there a way to keep it off or set the setting to off upon engine start?
You can turn it off from the infotainment system. I have disabled it.
PatienceWins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 23:34   #1281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
You can turn it off from the infotainment system. I have disabled it.
Thanks. Let me try that
Old 22nd November 2021, 16:27   #1282

Hello fellow BHPians,
This is my first post on this forum.

I recently got delivery of my Creta SX (O) IVT after waiting for eternity (booked it in May 2021).
Have driven the car around 2300 Kms in 10 days of ownership, out of which major numbers were munched in a drive from Punjab to Bombay.

The only notable con I've found during this drive is the lack of under thigh support in the front seats. It's even worse than my old car which is a Baleno 1.2.

Will try to write a detailed review on the ownership and Delivery experience (it was a nightmare ) soon.

The Phantom Black, all polished and ready to be handed over to us.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-1.png  

Last edited by Aditya : 24th November 2021 at 07:54. Reason: Typo
mittarn is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 19:13   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittarn View Post
I recently got delivery of my Creta SX (O) IVT after waiting for eternity (booked it in May 2021).
Wish you Happy Motoring and may you munch a million miles! Congratulations

Last edited by Aditya : 24th November 2021 at 07:54. Reason: Quoted post edited
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 20:12   #1284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittarn View Post
Hello fellow BHPians,
This is my first post on this forum.

Will try to write a detailed review on the ownership and Delivery experience (it was a nightmare ) soon.
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new car. Wish you many many miles of happiness

Delays in the delivery of Creta (specially IVT models) has been a sore point across India but it's all worth at the end! I got my car after 7 months!

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 25th November 2021 at 20:14.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 21:21   #1285

Did @ 800+ kms in a month owing to Diwali travel and some leisure travel to beach (Kids Demand). travelled all kinds of roads
Express ways, highways, City, bad & extremely bad roads around Alibaug, and I am falling more for the car with each drive.
Very smooth to operate, easy to handle even in bumper to bumper city drives. easy to park in tight spaces.

Accessories:

1. 7D mats - 4K INR
2. Garware Icecool on front and side windows - 8K INR
3. Seat matting - 750 INR (mainly for rear)

Observations & Queries:

1. The automatic feels very smooth easy to drive.
2. I am using Auto Hold regularly and is of great help in city drives
3. The only problem with interiors is the all white, all around (with 2 brats, is difficult to maintain)
4. The glare issue from the dashboard is difficult to solve, need recommendations to manage that
5. Window panes feel really thin on the windows (thinner than my 2014 i20)
6. Steering feels a size small and crowded, with paddle shifters and bounty of steering wheel controls
7. Wired Android Auto is a pain, tried different cables, phones, etc keeps disconnecting every few mins. Need suggestions on this one too.
Any idea if Hyundai is providing a software upgrade for this?
amolout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 22:50   #1286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolout View Post

7. Wired Android Auto is a pain, tried different cables, phones, etc keeps disconnecting every few mins. Need suggestions on this one too.
I own SX IVT and really don't understand the logic that lower trims have wireless Android auto but the higher version doesn't

Anyway, the issue of frequent disconnectiion has got to do with faulty cable or mobile port. I had same issue and I tried another cable which solved the issue. If cable does not solve the issue, check if another phone works so that you can figure out if it is related to defective port in your mobile. If nothing works then I'd suggest to get the car port checked in ASS for any issue.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 28th November 2021 at 22:52.
Old 29th November 2021, 07:45   #1287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
5. Window panes feel really thin on the windows (thinner than my 2014 i20)
6. Steering feels a size small and crowded, with paddle shifters and bounty of steering wheel controls
Yes, windows are thin and I did notice this in 2015 when I took delivery and compared it with my Ecosport.

I noticed the same problem on our Grand i10. Although we never use it (as it's purely a city car), I noticed the first time I tried. Might be an issue with the cable or phone (I use S9 plus and it's cable). Are you using a Samsung?
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 10:03   #1288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wired Android Auto is a pain, tried different cables, phones, etc keeps disconnecting every few mins. Need suggestions on this one too.
I'm case it helps, I have ordered this short cable from Amazon and it works without any issue with my Samsung S20 phone.

"Wayona Type C Cable Nylon Braided USB C Quick Charger Fast Charging Short Cable for Samsung Galaxy.. "

For some reason the cable I had earlier didn't work well and it kept disconnecting.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 29th November 2021 at 10:05.
Old 29th November 2021, 14:15   #1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I'm case it helps, I have ordered this short cable from Amazon and it works without any issue with my Samsung S20 phone.
I do have a similar short cable (same size) How do you mange to fit Phone and cable in the wireless charging area? I have a One+6T and the phone size and short cable make it hard to fit together.

I am still hoping, Hyundai provides software upgrade to go wireless (assuming it is possible without H/W change)
Old 29th November 2021, 15:20   #1290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I do have a similar short cable (same size) How do you mange to fit Phone and cable in the wireless charging area? I have a One+6T and the phone size and short cable make it hard to fit together.

I am still hoping, Hyundai provides software upgrade to go wireless (assuming it is possible without H/W change)
You are right. It is probably a design flaw with the charging area. My Samsung S20 is not very large so it just fits but I can imagine anything bigger may be problematic.

Having said that, once you use cable then there is no need for wireless charging so the phone does not need to align perfectly with charging pad. I tend to keep bigger phone in a different position when I need to plug a cable.

That's why we can never be true wireless unless Hyundai blesses us with an upgrade (hopefully s/w)

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 29th November 2021 at 15:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks