Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2021, 18:09   #1291
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolout View Post
I do have a similar short cable (same size) How do you mange to fit Phone and cable in the wireless charging area? I have a One+6T and the phone size and short cable make it hard to fit together.

I am still hoping, Hyundai provides software upgrade to go wireless (assuming it is possible without H/W change)
I had the same problem of frequent disconnection. Then I started using a shorter cable that came with my Oneplus headphones and realised that the port has to be pushed in properly or the outer cover has to be taken out to avoid disconnection.
With this the phone always stay connected.
Picture of the cable attached for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20211129_180343.jpg  

D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 21:30   #1292
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

My car had an accident a couple of days ago and is currently in service centre for repairs, mainly to the front right side where front fender and driver door has to be replaced. Also, the front left side suspension broke and I believe most of the suspension components will need to be replaced.

Now, I have following questions:
1. Since I had zero depreciation insurance cover along with additional coverage for engine and gearbox, do I have to pay for any charges except for the approx. 1000 INR file charges?

2. Are consumables like fluids, nuts, bolts etc. covered in zero depreciation insurance coverage ?

3. Since my car is just an year old and it carries a standard warranty of 5 years, will Hyundai as a manufacturer honour warranty claims, if any during next 4 years. For the record, Hyundai is aware of the accident repair as bill amount of 1 lac is visible in the Hyundai care app against accidental breakdown category.

Last edited by sarav100 : 1st December 2021 at 21:32. Reason: Spelling and minor corrections
Old 4th December 2021, 21:42   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post

Now, I have following questions:
1. Since I had zero depreciation insurance cover along with additional coverage for engine and gearbox, do I have to pay for any charges except for the approx. 1000 INR file charges?

2. Are consumables like fluids, nuts, bolts etc. covered in zero depreciation insurance coverage ?

3. Since my car is just an year old and it carries a standard warranty of 5 years, will Hyundai as a manufacturer honour warranty claims, if any during next 4 years. For the record, Hyundai is aware of the accident repair as bill amount of 1 lac is visible in the Hyundai care app against accidental breakdown category.
Sorry to hear abt this, i hope no one got hurt in this.
Coming to the questions, zero dep covers you from all the cost of repairs and replacements. Make sure you dont fall into their salvage/depreciation trap.

Consumables is a separate add-on that you have to Choose with your insurance, in case you have not, then you may have to pay some charges towards that.

The accidental repairs/replacements are nothing to do with your warranty. You can be rest assured of that. Saying from a personal experience, where in my car met with an accident in the first year of ownership and then I got the wheel bearings and suspension joints replaced under warranty in the third year.
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 11:41   #1294
BHPian

Guys, my Creta (Petrol, manual) has second service due in first week of January and the current odometer is at 7000kms. We're planning on a road trip to Rajasthan in the next week. I'm wondering if I should get the service done earlier or after the trip ? Mechanically the car is fit and fine, nothing is abnormal. Will the early servicing void the warranty in any way ?
Old 6th December 2021, 13:08   #1295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Will the early servicing void the warranty in any way ?
It wont be considered an early service if either the due date or mileage criteria is met. In your case I think neither criteria is meeting(10000 kms/1 year) & as long as your travel period is within due date or 10000 kms, no need.
mayankverma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 14:20   #1296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Guys, my Creta (Petrol, manual) has second service due in first week of January and the current odometer is at 7000kms. We're planning on a road trip to Rajasthan in the next week. I'm wondering if I should get the service done earlier or after the trip ? Mechanically the car is fit and fine, nothing is abnormal. Will the early servicing void the warranty in any way ?
January is just a month away so you can get the service done now. For a long trip, it is better to keep the car in perfect condition as much as possible.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 10:42   #1297
Senior - BHPian

Question for people who have been following this Creta model please.

My question is on the reliability of the DCT version of the SX variant, Has there been any major Dual Clutch related breakdowns or niggles? or is it better to still play it safe and go with traditional auto option?
Asking on a friends behalf.

Thank you.

Last edited by Maky : 10th December 2021 at 10:50.
Old 10th December 2021, 14:01   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
My question is on the reliability of the DCT version of the SX variant, Has there been any major Dual Clutch related breakdowns or niggles?
Thank you.
DCT is a hit or a miss, one has to be very particular while using it in bumper to bumper traffic and change the gear to N from D.
One of my friend owns SXO DCT and he has already driven the car around 33K kms and hasn’t faced any issues.
But if you want a stress free ownership then going with Diesel AT is a better option. If your friend particularly needs a petrol car then going with IVT would also be a wise choice but IVT does miss out on the torque and would feel less powerful as compared to D-AT and DCT.
Jatin247 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 14:04   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
My question is on the reliability of the DCT version of the SX variant, Has there been any major Dual Clutch related breakdowns or niggles? or is it better to still play it safe and go with traditional auto option?
The DCT is still unreliable in many aspects, especially if your friend will be predominantly using the car for city runs. The IVT is refined and seamless.
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 17:29   #1300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
DCT is a hit or a miss, one has to be very particular while using it in bumper to bumper traffic and change the gear to N from D.
One of my friend owns SXO DCT and he has already driven the car around 33K kms and hasn’t faced any issues.
But if you want a stress free ownership then going with Diesel AT is a better option. If your friend particularly needs a petrol car then going with IVT would also be a wise choice but IVT does miss out on the torque and would feel less powerful as compared to D-AT and DCT.
forgot to mention Petrol only. This IVT is the one where it's still manual but without clutch pedal If I remember correctly?, in which case no he would prefer a fully auto only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
The DCT is still unreliable in many aspects, especially if your friend will be predominantly using the car for city runs. The IVT is refined and seamless.
So the DCT even in Hyundai's are not as reliable and similar to VWs DQ200 reputation. This is very unfortunate. Then CVT is the only way to go then if one wants comfort of auto with peace of mind in Creta...
Old 10th December 2021, 18:14   #1301
BHPian

Quote:
forgot to mention Petrol only. This IVT is the one where it's still manual but without clutch pedal If I remember correctly?, in which case no he would prefer a fully auto only.
No, IVT is not IMT. IVT is an abbreviation coined by Hyundai for CVT. It's a fully automatic transmission - no clutch and only AT gears (not manual transmission gears).
In IMT, it requires shifting of Manual transmission gears without use of clutch.

You can confirm.

Last edited by Bhupesh_2628 : 10th December 2021 at 18:15.
Bhupesh_2628 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 18:23   #1302
BHPian

Quote:
You are confusing between IVT and iMT there. Creta does not comes with iMT, automated clutch for manual car. IVT, Intelligent Variable Transmission, is the name of Hyundai's CVT system.

Quote:
Then CVT is the only way to go then if one wants comfort of auto with peace of mind in Creta...
The IVT/CVT by Hyundai coupled with the smooth 1.5L petrol is a very competent offering. I have been driving it for 2 months now and once you get used to the throttle response, it is one of the most comfortable and relaxed car out there. Not that it lacks performance or can't be driven hard, but there are other cars out there who do a better job of entertaining the driver.
YD14 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 20:48   #1303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YD14 View Post
The IVT/CVT by Hyundai coupled with the smooth 1.5L petrol is a very competent offering. I have been driving it for 2 months now and once you get used to the throttle response, it is one of the most comfortable and relaxed car out there. Not that it lacks performance or can't be driven hard, but there are other cars out there who do a better job of entertaining the driver.
Totally agree with the smoothness / effectiveness of the IVT + 1.5 petrol combo in the Creta (and Seltos). With five adults the way the test vehicle pulled in stop and go traffic still brings a smile.

Its a shame the IVT isn't offered in the top trim. Given the DCT's heating issues and Deisel's policy issues the IVT Petrol in the top trim (sh)would be any moderate user's first choice. But alas, Hyundai and Kia want to peddle their DCT for some reason.
barefeetdriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 21:54   #1304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefeetdriver View Post
Totally agree with the smoothness / effectiveness of the IVT + 1.5 petrol combo in the Creta (and Seltos). With five adults the way the test vehicle pulled in stop and go traffic still brings a smile.

Its a shame the IVT isn't offered in the top trim. Given the DCT's heating issues and Deisel's policy issues the IVT Petrol in the top trim (sh)would be any moderate user's first choice. But alas, Hyundai and Kia want to peddle their DCT for some reason.
Kia has decided not to provide IVT in Seltos top trim but Hyundai thankfuly has not followed suit and provides it in top end SX(O).
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 10:15   #1305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YD14 View Post
You are confusing between IVT and iMT there. Creta does not comes with iMT, automated clutch for manual car. IVT, Intelligent Variable Transmission, is the name of Hyundai's CVT system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post
No, IVT is not IMT. IVT is an abbreviation coined by Hyundai for CVT. It's a fully automatic transmission - no clutch and only AT gears (not manual transmission gears).
In IMT, it requires shifting of Manual transmission gears without use of clutch.

You can confirm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barefeetdriver View Post

Thanks for the information.

I have one last question for now, How is the engine itself on the DCT variant? I believe it's a 1.4 Turbo unit and not the 1.5 NA on the IVT/CVT model.
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks