Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2021, 10:33   #1051
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolout View Post
NEED HELP
Today he calls me and says that SX IVT production is stopped and there is no guarantee when it will be restarted, instead he is offering SX(O) IVT which he says can be made available and delivered by end of the month.

Is there any truth to the claim regarding the SX production? And secondly is it worth spending @ 1.5L+ for the SX(O)?
Yes, i have heard the same. There is definitely a priority being given to SX(O) production as it is more profitable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Though I haven't heard that SX IVT is stopped and SX(O) IVT is being delivered earlier. In fact, what I heard here in Bangalore is that SX(O) IVT is even higher waiting list.
In NCR, it is easier to get an SX(O) compared to SX. The promised delivery times are almost double for SX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YD14 View Post
Nobody knows what's happening with the IVT production. The semiconductor crisis has hit these two variants really badly.

But if you don't have budget issues, then go for it ... Not to mention that prices across the car market keep on increasing and there is a high chance that Hyundai will hike prices in the upcoming months.
I was in the same situation as i wanted SX, it is much more Value-for-money offering. Extra features on SX(O) were nice-to-have/luxury and i was ok to spend the extra amount if required. In the end, it all boiled down to which version could i get faster.

I don't regret the decision of going for SX(O) IVT. Family was happy with 'Better safety - 6 airbags', I loved the Digital display, ventilated seats and alloys. TBHP helped make the decision as i read on one of the posts that if your heart is set on a higher variant but you are hesitating due to price, it is worth spending a little extra rather than feeling a pain in your heart every time you see the SX(O). After all you are going to stick with it for the next 3-5 years at least. SX(O) will make your ownership experience much more enjoyable.

Wish you a speedy delivery!
Totoro11 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 12:16   #1052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro11 View Post

In NCR, it is easier to get an SX(O) compared to SX. The promised delivery times are almost double for SX(O).

I don't regret the decision of going for SX(O) IVT. Family was happy with 'Better safety - 6 airbags', I loved the Digital display, ventilated seats and alloys.
It's so opposite situation in Bangalore for SX vs SX(O) and I have spoken to multiple dealers. May be the fact that many buyers in town are going for company lease and the top end is what is most preferred model.

I'd definitely recommend stretching to SX(O) if budget permits and you care about the extra features. Also, nothing can beat the safety of 6 airbags. However I still plan to go with SX as I am little skeptical about long term reliability of so much electronics and ventilated seats. My family's must to have criteria is a panaromic sunroof and I want a peace of mind petrol AT car which I can keep for 6-7 years if not more: all these needs are perfectly met by the SX IVT

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 6th September 2021 at 12:18.
Old 6th September 2021, 17:54   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-BHP View Post
Interim Update 4 - Car Reached The Dealer Stockyard
Final Update – Car Got Delivered

Finally took the delivery of the car on 2nd September 2021 i.e. exactly after 8 months of waiting (booked the car on 2nd Jan 2021). Did the PDI in the morning. All things were in place. Full payment was done by 4:30 PM and I took the delivery at 6:30 PM .

Everything worked out well. The Bluelink did not get activated during the time of delivery. The dealer tried his level best but it kept on saying the server is not available. I was able to activate it the next morning on my own (the process is straightforward).

The dealer (Capital Hyundai, Noida) did not (even for once) pushed me to take anything extra (apart from what I have mentioned below). Neither the dealer asked me to make any payment once the vehicle was in transit or once it reached the stockyard. I make single full payment 2 hours before taking the delivery (after doing the complete PDI).

The dealer only pushed for taking Teflon Coating and Under Body Rust Cover for three years for Rs. 8200. Even though I knew that it is of no use (based on the expected quality of work to be done by the dealer) as compared to getting from 3M or similar detailing shops but I still took it as I know the SA will have some commission on it. I only brought 5D mats and mud flaps from the dealer. Have not brought any SoT, SoT Super, Extended Warranty etc. Surprisingly, the dealer also gave a further discount of Rs. 3000 on the insurance (without even asking). They already gave insurance at a very good price (as compared to horror pricing I have seen everywhere) and the further discount was the icing on the cake.

I am not very sure if all the above-mentioned things happen as a regular practice for all the customers or not but one thing is for sure that escalating the issue to the top management of Hyundai did wonders in this whole process (all thanks to you guys for all your guidance ).

The dealer informed me that the vehicle was allocated out of turn (as all the allocation was already completed) due to all the noise created by me. They have specifically asked to send a confirmation on email to the Hyundai team that I am happy with the resolution. The customer care team (two ladies) even sat with my wife for more than 45 mins to explain the whole ordeal.

Did not get the chance to drive the car a lot. Have not even completed 100KMs as of now. I will be adding ownership review once I complete 1500 Kms.

Quote:
NEED HELP I Booked 1.5 IVT SX in Feb'2021. The dealership has been promising delivery since July and postponing it every month. I gave him an ultimatum @ a month back, to deliver the car as promised or cancel the booking. Today he calls me and says that SX IVT production is stopped and there is no guarantee when it will be restarted, instead he is offering SX(O) IVT which he says can be made available and delivered by end of the month. Is there any truth to the claim regarding the SX production? And secondly is it worth spending @ 1.5L+ for the SX(O)?
Giving an ultimatum to the dealer is of no use as there is nothing in the hand of the dealer as far as SX IVT and SX(O) IVT is concerned. Unless you don’t push it through Hyundai, the chances of dealers pushing your case is zero as they themselves are not getting this particular variant from Hyundai.

You can go through my below-mentioned posts to see how things proceeded in my case.

Quote:
My Ongoing Nightmarish Sales Experience with Hyundai | Capital Hyundai, Noida (long post)
Quote:
Interim Update | My Ongoing Nightmarish Sales Experience with Hyundai | Capital Hyundai, Noida
Quote:
Interim Update 2 - Some interesting (but non-conclusive) Update.
Quote:
My Planned Next Steps: Email Track, Hard Copies Letter & Social Media Track:
Quote:
Interim Update 3 – Interesting & Conclusive (fingers crossed) Update
Quote:
Interim Update 4 - Car Reached The Dealer Stockyard
I have made few friends within Hyundai due to my frequent interactions in the past two months and the following is based on all the little birdies talking:

Quote:
NEED HELP Today he calls me and says that SX IVT production is stopped and there is no guarantee when it will be restarted, instead he is offering SX(O) IVT which he says can be made available and delivered by end of the month. Is there any truth to the claim regarding the SX production?
Quote:
I am in the same boat in Bangalore. Booked IVT SX in March and still waiting with no sign of any commitment. Though I haven't heard that SX IVT is stopped and SX(O) IVT is being delivered earlier. In fact, what I heard here in Bangalore is that SX(O) IVT is even higher waiting list.
Quote:
I highly doubt that any ultimatum would work on the dealer for IVT deliveries. Unless someone has a inside connection or is willing to agree to all the TnC of the dealer like buying their insurance, going for loan thru their tie up banks, opt for accessory pack/SoT/extend warranty etc. there is hardly any other lever a customer has to work with. High demand and semi-conductor shortage has made it worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro11 View Post
Yes, i have heard the same. There is definitely a priority being given to SX(O) production as it is more profitable.
  • Availability of all the SXO Variants (irrespective of fuel/engine type) is rare. Hyundai is producing 500~600 SXO Variants every month due to which allocation is only of one vehicle per big dealer per month. The reason priority is given to bigger dealers is that these dealers are ready to move the cash readily for the delivery. Most of the smaller dealers ask the customers to pay as soon as the vehicle is in transit.
  • Production of SX IVT Variant (with 10.2 inch AVN + Bluelink) has become very rare. I have been told that if you book this variant right now, the waiting period would be of 12 months or more.
  • Production is hit primarily not due to severe chip shortage but it has more to do with Alcazar. Alcazar uses 10.2 inch AVN + Bluelink even in the base variant of the car. Around 3000 Alcazar are getting produced every month so basically, all the chips (which are already short in supply) are diverted to Alcazar.
  • The whole situation is not expected to streamline before Dec 2021 (i.e. after the festive season) and with current bookings already exceeding the waiting timeline of over 10 months, no immediate relief is in sight.

Quote:
NEED HELP And secondly is it worth spending @ 1.5L+ for the SX(O)?
Quote:
I'd definitely recommend stretching to SX(O) if budget permits and you care about the extra features. Also, nothing can beat the safety of 6 airbags.
I went ahead with SX(O) primarily due to 6 airbags. Ventilated seats are definitely a boon in Delhi NCR where it is still very hot. Other than that, SX is feature-loaded. The price difference (of Rs. 1.20 lacs ex-showroom) is somewhat justified as you are getting some feature-rich goodies and EMI wise difference is less than 5% per month. Would suggest going for SX(O) if possible.

Last edited by HP-BHP : 6th September 2021 at 18:09. Reason: Spelling mistakes.
HP-BHP is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 18:18   #1054
BHPian

Creta PETROL (IVT) Mileage

Saw a post on the TBHP homepage about Creta mileage reported by members and wanted to share my results. If MID figures are to be believed, the mileage on SX(O) IVT has surpassed all expectations.

Long term figures (~18Kmpl):

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-accumulated-mileage.jpeg

Best Mileage i ever got:

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-best-mileage.jpeg

I tried to test the mileage for different modes and you can find the details in the post here (Hyundai Creta : Official Review)

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-mode-test.jpg

Mileage on some other trips (mix of city and highway driving with AC on at 23deg, 3-5 passengers):
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-other-trips.jpg

Drive it with love and you will be very happy

Last edited by Totoro11 : 6th September 2021 at 18:23. Reason: added detail
Totoro11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 19:25   #1055
BHPian

Quote:

Finally took the delivery of the car on 2nd September 2021 i.e. exactly after 8 months of waiting (booked the car on 2nd Jan 2021). Did the PDI in the morning. All things were in place. Full payment was done by 4:30 PM and I took the delivery at 6:30 PM .
Finally finally finally! Really happy to learn that your Creta has arrived and in your possession. Wish you many happy miles ahead! Congratulations. Cheers!
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 20:38   #1056
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Finally took the delivery of the car on 2nd September 2021 i.e. exactly after 8 months of waiting (booked the car on 2nd Jan 2021).
Well done and congrats. I must compliment you for the patience and good humour with which you handled this. I am quite sure that the nice way you dealt with Hyundai helped get you the car on time - and also will ensure good service going forward.

Went through your posts with some interest. Was surprised to see that the SX (O) DCT is available relatively quickly - when I checked with the Mahalaxmi, Mumbai dealer in February, I was told to expect a minimum wait time of 6 - 8 months for this variant. Perhaps Hyundai has reprioritised production.

Best wishes for your new car.

Last edited by Hayek : 6th September 2021 at 20:40.
Hayek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 20:55   #1057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post

Went through your posts with some interest. Was surprised to see that the SX (O) DCT is available relatively quickly - when I checked with the Mahalaxmi, Mumbai dealer in February, I was told to expect a minimum wait time of 6 - 8 months for this variant. Perhaps Hyundai has reprioritised production.
DCT model is available much faster in Bangalore. In fact one dealer I enquired with had a DCT ready for delivery if I was interested. I guess perception about DCT reliability and its pricing being closer to the Alcazar might have been few factors behind relatively lower demand for this version. That's totally my personal opinion and there might be a chance Hyundai has re-prioritized DCT over IVT, you may never know!

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 6th September 2021 at 20:59.
Old 6th September 2021, 21:11   #1058

Quote:
NEED HELP

I Booked 1.5 IVT SX in Feb'2021. The dealership has been promising delivery since July and postponing it every month.
Following HP-BHP's footsteps

NEED HELP - Update

Based on your feedbacks and understanding the situation, I gave an okay to the dealer for SX(O). He committed to provide the VIN in 3-5 days.

I am going with a corporate car lease, so the dealer has very little interest in catering my demands, so no negotiations, (I tried )

Now the wait begins, hoping for delivery by last week of the month or early October.
amolout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 21:18   #1059
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations, I got mine delivered on the 2nd too. It's an SX petrol manual in Black.
I got mine delivered in a month, ofcourse knowing a few people at the showroom helped for an earlier delivery. But even then I did not expect them to deliver it in a month. May be delivery times are lower being in the same city of manufacture.

Last edited by hareshjethwani : 6th September 2021 at 21:21.
Old 6th September 2021, 21:35   #1060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareshjethwani View Post
Congratulations, I got mine delivered on the 2nd too. It's an SX petrol manual in Black.
I got mine delivered in a month, ofcourse knowing a few people at the showroom helped for an earlier delivery. But even then I did not expect them to deliver it in a month. May be delivery times are lower being in the same city of manufacture.
Not sure how far it is true but my dealer mentioned that the delay is for IVT models due to short supply of a particular part in the transmission. According to him, SX manual (now it is called 'executive' I think) is launched to circumvent this issue and deliver faster.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 6th September 2021 at 21:37.
Old 6th September 2021, 21:37   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure how far it is true but my dealer mentioned that the delay is for IVT models due to short supply of a particular part in the transmission. According to him, SX manual (now it is called 'executive' I think) is launched to circumvent this issue and deliver faster.
That is what has been told by a lot of dealers and given online too. On the contrary I got the SX delivered in a short time which was said to be discontinued.
Old 6th September 2021, 22:39   #1062
BHPian

I have been told by a couple of dealers in Pune that DCT deliveries are the fastest.
sam264_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 00:58   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
I have been told by a couple of dealers in Pune that DCT deliveries are the fastest.
It’s true. Even in Delhi, you can DCT variant in a couple of weeks. While I was searching Diesel AT, many dealers offered to deliver DCT in a couple of weeks.
Diesel AT and IVT have the longest waiting period. I did wait for Creta for 3 months but that taught me to never buy a car with such long waiting periods.
Old 7th September 2021, 09:30   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
...I did wait for Creta for 3 months but that taught me to never buy a car with such long waiting periods.
Can you please enlighten us on what you learned? I have been given a delivery estimate of Feb 2022 and I am seriously thinking if it's worth waiting so long. Hyundai already increased the price once since I booked. Dealer suggested me twice to book DCT but I have declined.
Old 7th September 2021, 10:09   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
Can you please enlighten us on what you learned? I have been given a delivery estimate of Feb 2022 and I am seriously thinking if it's worth waiting so long. Hyundai already increased the price once since I booked. Dealer suggested me twice to book DCT but I have declined.
I waited 4 months for my creta. What made me stick to my decision was, the SX petrol manual checked every tickbox for what we needed in a car. There were Seltos, Harrier in contention but they also had waiting period so I thought why not wait for creta itself. You can list down the features that you feel "must have" , and compare with another cars in the segment and take a decision. There's a image factor to be considered as well. Today Creta is what Honda City used to be few years back - a status symbol. I suggest you wait for your car.
Akshay6988 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks