Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2020, 14:51   #316
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

At the risk of repeating my earlier post , my main worry is two fold
1. Having driven and maintained a NA petrol car for 10 long years will the maintenance of a BS6 diesel turn my choice into a sort of white elephant?
2. The diesel EX being cheaper than the petrol S model, does it make sense to buy a diesel though my monthly use will certainly be below 1000 kms.

Last edited by moralfibre : 18th November 2020 at 06:40. Reason: typo
Old 16th November 2020, 15:07   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
At least a mention in cons saying “Not yet tested by any NCAP yet” & “Seltos with same platform barely managed to score 3 stars in GNCAP”. I mean, there is a comparison with Seltos in the official review even in the cons section.
I beg to differ. Unless and until there's conclusive evidence that the car has been tested by GNCAP, one cannot speculate the safety of the car. If platform was a parameter, the Australian Seltos would never have managed to score 5 star on the ANCAP ratings.
pandatrooper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 15:41   #318
Senior - BHPian

Mentioning "Not tested yet" is fair. However,to brand it with the Seltos just because of platform sharing is being a bit biased. I am sure there are a number of things apart from just the platform that go into any Safety assessment. Lets wait for the Safety ratings if/when tested.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 15:57   #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
1. Having driven and maintained a NA petrol car for 10 long years will the maintenance of a BS6 diesel turn my choice into a sort of white elephant?
2. The diesel EX being cheaper than the petrol S model, does it make sense to buy a diesel though my monthly use will certainly be below 1000 mms.
Your query has been answered by honorable member AYP in an lucid manner.
1. If you are an enthusiast and love instant result of pressing right foot, then only go for diesel. Maintenance will surely be costly but it won't turn your choice into a white elephant. My BIL has an 2010 Verna diesel (odo reading 260000+) and it still offers the same driving pleasure with no major expenses except normal wear and tear.
2. For the query No. 2, the same logic applies.
I have driven the petrol cars for 10 years, running is around ~1000 km per month. In all those 10 years, whenever I got a chance to drive i20 diesel, Verna diesel my brain actually crave to buy a diesel car, reason being the power on offer.
This year finally I booked Creta E 1.5 D even if I have to dispose the car after 10 years, although I am not located in NCR.
amitkuch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 17:21   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandatrooper View Post
I beg to differ. Unless and until there's conclusive evidence that the car has been tested by GNCAP, one cannot speculate the safety of the car. If platform was a parameter, the Australian Seltos would never have managed to score 5 star on the ANCAP ratings.
I agree, it's fair to say that we shouldn't judge before a vehicle is tested by GNCAP.

On the other hand, just to correct you, with all due respect, the Australian/US spec Seltos is not on the same platform as the Indian one. Those markets get the GB platform (Same as the Kona & EU i20) based vehicle, which accommodate the AWD feature as well. The Indian Creta/Seltos/Venue(International models too)/Sonet/i20/Verna are all based on the K2 platform. That being said, the US Venue has managed a 4 star rating from the NHTSA (A lot of standard safety kit in the USA) and the IIHS Top Safety Pick so the K2 definitely has potential, if Hyundai deem necessary.

Cost cutting on the Indian vehicles is somewhat inevitable when you look at the tax structure. The US Seltos starts at 16L (converted from USD) in the US, where minimal taxes are applied. In India, the Seltos starts at 9.89L, out of which 50% is just tax and also further includes profit, dealers margins, logistics etc. It's up to the manufacturer, the public and the government to decide on priorities.

Last edited by saur95 : 16th November 2020 at 17:31.
saur95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 18:20   #321
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
2. The diesel EX being cheaper than the petrol S model, does it make sense to buy a diesel though my monthly use will certainly be below 1000 mms.
If your usage does not demand a diesel, stay with petrol (1.5 or Turbo) itself. Take a test drive and decide but buy minimum the S model please, there is just too many things missing in EX including certain exterior visual elements, that feel good factor of buying a loaded Hyundai will be missed if you go for base variant
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 18:31   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
, there is just too many things missing in EX including certain exterior visual elements, that feel good factor of buying a loaded Hyundai will be missed if you go for base variant
Thanks sir. My thoughts voiced. Having driven a bare minimum model for all these years I value 'factory figment's . Also unlike those in NCR or mumbai, the aftermarket fitment scene is not that refined in my town. So the S model is what I am looking at though that means going over my budget a little
Old 16th November 2020, 18:47   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saur95 View Post
I agree, it's fair to say that we shouldn't judge before a vehicle is tested by GNCAP.
On the other hand, just to correct you, with all due respect, the Australian/US spec Seltos is not on the same platform as the Indian one.
Thanks for the correction, saur95. Pardon my lack of knowledge
Slightly Off Topic - In pursuit of information, I happened to go through the IIHS safety report on Hyundai Venue. Strangely, the IIHS website states that the North American Hyundai Venue is based on the Kona platform. Am I missing something?

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot-20201116-6.36.43-pm.png
pandatrooper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 20:12   #324
BHPian

Can anyone please tell the reserve fuel capacity of the New Creta?

Asking on behalf of my uncle who had bought a Turbo DCT Creta few weeks backs and was getting around 11-12 Km/L on average. He observed that while filling up the tank about 52 litres of Petrol was taken in even with around 150 Km estimated range shown before filling. The Team-BHP official review says the fuel tank capacity is 50 litres. Assuming the reserve fuel is seperate from the 50 litre fuel tank stated, that translates to around 13-14 litres of reserve fuel, so just wanted to know if this is the normal amount. Any input regarding the same would be useful.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Abhinav_2502 : 16th November 2020 at 20:21.
Old 16th November 2020, 20:37   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandatrooper View Post
Thanks for the correction, saur95. Pardon my lack of knowledge
Slightly Off Topic - In pursuit of information, I happened to go through the IIHS safety report on Hyundai Venue. Strangely, the IIHS website states that the North American Hyundai Venue is based on the Kona platform. Am I missing something?
Not a problem, and honestly, right back at you because I hadn't come upon this piece of info either.

I feel there's a chance the IIHS got it wrong here because most car reviews in the US indicate that the Venue is based on the Accent/Verna platform. But wow, it's just become a lot more confusing .

To Mods : Sorry to go off-topic. Will discuss further off the thread if necessary.
saur95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 21:31   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav_2502 View Post

Asking on behalf of my uncle who had bought a Turbo DCT Creta few weeks backs and was getting around 11-12 Km/L on average. He observed that while filling up the tank about 52 litres of Petrol was taken in even with around 150 Km estimated range shown before filling. The Team-BHP official review says the fuel tank capacity is 50 litres. Assuming the reserve fuel is seperate from the 50 litre fuel tank stated, that translates to around 13-14 litres of reserve fuel, so just wanted to know if this is the normal amount. Any input regarding the same would be useful.

Thanks in advance.
Never happens, the pump is a shady operation. I've faced this once in bangalore, in a COCO pump no less. A car doesn't take in more fuel than tank capacity, even if the needle is flat. The DTE is calibrated to make you fill up before the tank is empty.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 08:01   #327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav_2502 View Post

Thanks in advance.
In general, cars have a reserve capacity that is in addition to the officially quoted capacity. For example, my Ecosport has a stated capacity of 52 litres, but on one occasion where I missed a few refuelling stops accidentally on a highway run, I was very close to running out of fuel with distance to empty showed 0 for quite a distance! Finally was able to find a station and the vehicle gulped close to 56 litres! I have also heard the Nissan Kicks has a massive reserve tank and people with the Diesel version have been able to get a range of over 1000 kms on a full tank (officially 50 litres capacity)
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 08:26   #328
BHPian

Thanks for the responses,

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Never happens, the pump is a shady operation. I've faced this once in bangalore, in a COCO pump no less. A car doesn't take in more fuel than tank capacity, even if the needle is flat. The DTE is calibrated to make you fill up before the tank is empty.
Some malpractice at the pump was our first guess as well but the thing is, the same was observed while filling up from 2 different pumps in 2 different cities and also 150 kms on reserve should not be the case if the DTE was being shown on the cautious side right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
In general, cars have a reserve capacity that is in addition to the officially quoted capacity. For example, my Ecosport has a stated capacity of 52 litres, but on one occasion where I missed a few refuelling stops accidentally on a highway run, I was very close to running out of fuel with distance to empty showed 0 for quite a distance! Finally was able to find a station and the vehicle gulped close to 56 litres! I have also heard the Nissan Kicks has a massive reserve tank and people with the Diesel version have been able to get a range of over 1000 kms on a full tank (officially 50 litres capacity)
Yes, the only way the car should be taking in 50+ litres of fuel is if it hits reserve fuel which normally throws the low fuel warning, but in this case the car had around 150 kms of range and did not show the low fuel warning. Does this mean the car has about 13-14 litres of reserve fuel capacity apart from the 50 litre tank and shouldn't the low fuel warning be thrown if the car hits reserve?
Old 17th November 2020, 10:57   #329
BHPian

Does the creta diesel bs6 have a DPF? The manual says so. Then for us city dwellers cleaning the DPF will remain an issue if we do not take it for regular highway runs won't it?
Old 18th November 2020, 15:46   #330
BHPian

My SX(O) DCT came shod with JK tyres and with the goof up on the TPMS that the air pressure has to be maintained at 35 to avoid seeing the low pressure alerts, the ride quality was a bit stiff and all the bumps felts inside the cabin. Had planned initially to drive on those for some time and then change them with something good, but then finally thought of changing the tyres with Continental CC LX2 and immediately could feel the ride getting much better and smoother. Got a decent 3500 per tyre for the JKs and the new conti's came at a price tag of 9850
Total Damage to the wallet - 26k
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20201113_171852.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20201113_173730.jpg  

Last edited by D'Ro@dSt@r : 18th November 2020 at 15:56.
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks