Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2020, 22:09   #391
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
How was your experience with Modi Kanjur? I am contemplating between modi & Sai auto Powai. both dealers have been pretty non-committal as of now.
How do i choose external insurance when buying through click2buy?
All I could understand from my experience with both showrooms is that since Modi Kanjurmarg is the smaller of the two, they have lesser cars allotted to them.
I booked the car with Modi Hyundai Kanjurmarg in first week August. Was promised allotment of the car in first week September only to be told later that the allotment can only happen by November.The sales person at Modi had the guts to lie through his teeth regarding the delivery period not only over the phone, but even on the official whatsapp group. When I did not see things moving, I escalated the case to the GM of the showroom who accepted that the sales person had misinformed me and promised an update in 2 weeks time. He never got back to me as well.
Sai Auto Powai on the other hand accepted (on email) to cancel the booking without any fee if they did not meet their promised delivery date.

Regarding your query on click2buy, you cant chose external insurance. As far as I can remember from what I experienced in August is that that click to buy assigns you to a dealer. From there on, you are at the mercy of the dealer.
AK79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 22:36   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandatrooper View Post
I'd like to share the ordeal I went through.

I'll fight till I get them to accept their malafide intents, but, it's an absolute shame that a customer has to defend against the wrongdoings by Hyundai in such a relentless manner when I'm not even remotely close to being a culprit. Hope this motivates fellow members to not fall into the trap.

Cheers
Sorry to hear your ordeal. The car dealership business has degenerated into a dirty business. There is absolutely no joy these days during the car purchase process, because the dealership try their level best to con you every step of the way.

While my recent Hyundai Venue purchase was not bad, you do realise that the business is crooked. One misstep and you are conned.

It is only post purchase that you start enjoying the car !
NFS2024 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 23:13   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK79 View Post
All I could understand from my experience with both showrooms is that since Modi Kanjurmarg is the smaller of the two, they have lesser cars allotted to them.
I booked the car with Modi Hyundai Kanjurmarg in first week August. Was promised allotment of the car in first week September only to be told later that the allotment can only happen by November.The sales person at Modi had the guts to lie through his teeth regarding the delivery period not only over the phone, but even on the official whatsapp group. When I did not see things moving, I escalated the case to the GM of the showroom who accepted that the sales person had misinformed me and promised an update in 2 weeks time. He never got back to me as well.
Sai Auto Powai on the other hand accepted (on email) to cancel the booking without any fee if they did not meet their promised delivery date.

Regarding your query on click2buy, you cant chose external insurance. As far as I can remember from what I experienced in August is that that click to buy assigns you to a dealer. From there on, you are at the mercy of the dealer.
Thanks - this is really helpful. Guess i will go ahead with Sai Auto and hope they turn out better.

On the click to buy site at the end, they do provide an option to remove the insurance component. Let me book with that and see.

Also, click 2 buy at this point is not allowing me to extend the warranty. I am only getting the standard 5 yr 50k km option. Hopefully the dealer will be able to add that.
Old 2nd December 2020, 23:14   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Would appreciate if somebody could share how to do that. The only thing I can figure out from the VIN is the month of manufacture.
You can register on this link and search for your VIN. It will give you all details about date of manufacture, model name, features etc.

Screenshot of the same for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot-20201202-23.07.39.png  

D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 11:36   #395
BHPian

Quote:
How was your experience with Modi Kanjur? I am contemplating between modi & Sai auto Powai. both dealers have been pretty non-committal as of now.
Experience was strictly average. But since it's close to my residence, it was easier for me to communicate and deal with them. I just have to deal with them once for buying the car, at least that was what my thinking was. They did not even give me mudguards which cost less than INR 400!!! And even refused to sell me original Hyundai accessories citing lack of availability. However offered to sell me the same stuff at some insane costs (5K for basic mats + mudguard). However I did not want freebies but I wanted a PDI, external insurance and clean paperwork, which I got. I got my car delivered in a month (original promise was 3 months). If you stick to what you want, they'll comply. You need to come across as someone who's aware of what you want. Don't expect any freebies.

However someone outlined his experience of Sai Auto Powai a few posts above and it was really good. Why don't you try that?

Quote:
Thanks - this is really helpful. Guess i will go ahead with Sai Auto and hope they turn out better.

On the click to buy site at the end, they do provide an option to remove the insurance component. Let me book with that and see.

Also, click 2 buy at this point is not allowing me to extend the warranty. I am only getting the standard 5 yr 50k km option. Hopefully the dealer will be able to add that.
You can extend the warranty even after you purchased the car anytime before your current warranty expires. I too have gone ahead with 5 years 50K, however will get it extended to 1.4L kms in 2 years time after reviewing how much I am driving.

I'd also advise to go directly to a dealer instead of some online platforms. The more stakeholders, the more commissions they've to figure out overall and someone somewhere has to pay for those (which unfortunately would be the end consumer). Deal with the dealer directly and you may get more bargaining powers. Otherwise, in most of your discussions, they'll keep shuttling you between the two parties. This happens even if you book through Hyundai website. Best is to deal with the dealer directly and get insurance from outside, get the dealer to match it (even if it's 1-2K extra) and finally get Hyundai Assurance (not that it's mandatory, but it's easier to get all paperwork done from the dealer provided he's matching the external insurance quote substantially).

Last edited by Aditya : 6th December 2020 at 05:13. Reason: Back to back posts merged
kalpeshc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 18:18   #396
BHPian

I'm taking the car to the ASC over the weekend for sorting out a few concerns and complaints that I have.

The odometer is nearing 7000 km and next service is due at 10000 km. Since a few members have suggested on numerous other threads that oil change/ service at 5000 km interval is better than the usual practice nowadays of 10000 km, does it make sense to get the same done as well now ?

I just need an opinion of BHPians as I'm ambiguous about it. Looking at past, I've stuck to getting my diesel Figo serviced at 8000 km mark since it used to sound rough post 6000 km mark but in case of 1.5 NA petrol Creta, no roughness is observed and car is still as smooth as it was on the day of delivery. Please provide your valuable inputs.
Old 3rd December 2020, 19:11   #397
BHPian

Quote:
7) The bluelink website mentions that the TPMS information and the fuel level information is available on the bluelink app.
However, I do not see TPMS included anywhere. Also, the fuel level always shows a similar picture.
It's showing on my app, on the status tab. Refer to this picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot_20201203191114.jpg  

Old 3rd December 2020, 19:27   #398
BHPian

I may have misunderstood the fuel indicator. Will watch it over the next week to check if it matches the actual level.

For the TPMS, the bluelink status tab you have attached shows 4 green tyres indicating proper pressure in all of them.

My question now is like this : I have SX(O) which has highline TPMS. The individual tyre pressures are only displayed after the car has driven for about a km. Now if the tyre pressure goes below the low pressure limit when the car is parked, will it be notified in the bluelink app?
Old 4th December 2020, 19:19   #399
BHPian

Quote:
My question now is like this : I have SX(O) which has highline TPMS. The individual tyre pressures are only displayed after the car has driven for about a km. Now if the tyre pressure goes below the low pressure limit when the car is parked, will it be notified in the bluelink app?
Yes you will get an alert in bluelink if the tyre pressure goes down while being parked. Did experienced that a day after the delivery when I got the tyres deflated and filled in with Nitrogen with 33 PSI. But one of the tyre started giving an alert with 32 as the reading the very next day in the app. In the highline TPMS, when all the pressure are above the desired level(which I am not sure what it is as I have got alerts on 27 and 33 also) all the tyres will be shown in Green color. But when it goes below the desired levels, that particular tyre will be shown in RED color in Bluelink app and a TPMS warning symbol would be flashing as well.

Hope it helps in answering your question!
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 12:21   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
I casually started my Creta 2020 S 1.5 NA Petrol to park it inside garage and it refused to start and made weird noises like 'neighing of horses'.

I was able to record the same on 2nd try and car finally started up on 3rd try.

I'm really worried about it and would like to know members opinions before going to Hyundai to report/rectify it.

It seems as if ignition mechanism is struggling to start the engine.

Please increase the volume of the below recorded video to listen to the weird noise:

https://Youtu.be/-8IaTJCnulc
I'm at Hyundai ASC regarding this issue and no error code has been diagnosed via OBD port. Moreover, their diagnosis says that fuel pump and starter motor are also in healthy condition. As per ASC, such intermittent issues could occur due to questionable quality of fuel. Since issue did not occur again for last 2 weeks and car starts effortlessly in first crank itself, ASC has told to me drive it as is and they shall escalate it to Hyundai if it occurs again.
Old 5th December 2020, 13:23   #401
BHPian

Am at the service center for the first free service. Apparently the grinding noise when Auto Hold disengages after a spirited highway run is normal. I am not convinced but will observe it more. Also to my horror saw the washing person open the hood of an i10 and use pressure hose to clean the engine bay! He did it vigorously for a few minutes. I strictly instructed the advisor to not do this for the Creta. Isn't that seriously damaging as there are ECM components in the bay?
Old 5th December 2020, 18:45   #402
BHPian

Took test drive of Diesel SXO MT earlier today. The clutch felt a bit on the heavier side. Not sure if it’s just the case with the test drive car or a problem in general with Manual Diesel. Can any of the existing owners confirm this, please? The Test drive vehicle had completed 10500 kms.

The drive was in heavy traffic. Not sure if that was another reason for the not so happy experience.
Old 5th December 2020, 18:47   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Also to my horror saw the washing person open the hood of an i10 and use pressure hose to clean the engine bay! He did it vigorously for a few minutes. I strictly instructed the advisor to not do this for the Creta. Isn't that seriously damaging as there are ECM components in the bay?
Is this how they manage to get the engine bay shining after the service?

Would you mind sharing which service centre you were at?
Old 5th December 2020, 19:03   #404
BHPian

Typically all service centers do wash the engine bay.

In Bangalore, when they suddenly stopped water washing for a few months, they used to clean the engine bay using a solution. Now they have gone back to spraying water. Authorized service centers are the only places where I allow them to wash the engine bay. At outside car wash centers, I don't even allow them to open the bonnet.
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 21:03   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Is this how they manage to get the engine bay shining after the service?

Would you mind sharing which service centre you were at?
Modi Hyundai at Bhandup
kalpeshc is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks