Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2021, 22:22   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitshippie View Post

2. Totally disappointed with the plastic quality. Didn't expect that a 20 lakh+ car will have this kind of plastic. I am also surprised that reviewers on Youtube appreciated the plastic quality of Hyundai and the same reviewers were bashing Maruti for their choice of plastic. I find my Dzires texture and quality of interior plastic far better.
Spot on. I have seen, too. Most of the reviewers use word "hard plastic" on almost all non-Korean cars. Why this bias? There was this one funny review of Creta where the reviewer utters haa... and then pauses and just says plastic while pointing towards top of the dashboard. Any other brand, it is always hard plastic. There is no such thing as soft plastic. Plastic is always hard, unless it is foam-lined on top.

That said, you picked best variant of Creta, a CVT. Proper 4-pot N.A. engine and a smooth-shifting CVT? Absolute peace of mind.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 22:36   #512
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLurkerForLong View Post
Anyone got lava orange color (non dual tone)? Looking for general feeling about lava orange.
Name:  Screenshot 20210202 223055.png
Views: 5752
Size:  436.4 KB
This is the Lava Orange single tone, looks a lot like a red.

Name:  Screenshot 20210202 223118.png
Views: 5280
Size:  444.6 KB
The same Lava Orange.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-screenshot-20210202-223357.png
This is the Mulberry Red, looks more like maroon than red.

(Pics taken from the net)
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 08:31   #513
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai should introduce iMT option for Creta. It can be a sweet spot of price and convenience for the customers without having to shell out big bucks for SX or SX(O) AT models which IMHO is way overpriced. Top end models are overkill for a person who is not looking for bling but just want some driving convenience with decent features.
Old 6th February 2021, 09:49   #514
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta Diesel E removed from Hyundai click to buy site, waiting period for base variant was highest at around 11 to 12 months.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-smartselect_20210206094432_chrome.jpg

Source
Old 6th February 2021, 09:53   #515
BHPian

Diesel E variant has been removed from Hyundai website owing to long waiting period(11-12 months waiting)

http://https://www.rushlane.com/hyun...-12392978.html
Old 6th February 2021, 10:11   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
This is the Lava Orange single tone, looks a lot like a red.

This is the Mulberry Red, looks more like maroon than red.

(Pics taken from the net)
I think these colours require a lot of spit'n' polish to look good at all times. I have seen the Mulberry Red, its not bad looking at all. I personally chose the Silver one though. Titanium Grey is also a good option, but regular cleaning is a must. The darker you go, the more interesting the DRL look when lit up.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 20:06   #517
Distinguished - BHPian

Spoke to one of the Mumbai dealers asking for a test drive of the 1.4 DCT Creta. They were happy to offer me a test drive, but told me that the waiting period for the car is over 6 months. Is that correct, and in line with what you are hearing from other dealers in Mumbai or other parts of India? Would eliminate the Creta from my list in that case.
Old 6th February 2021, 20:15   #518
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately for the market, there is no other car that people may look for in the 15-20 lac crossover segment other than Creta's own cousin the Seltos. Its all the more telling because there WAS an opportunity for Mahindra to launch a proper 4+m XUV3OO with all the necessary paraphernalia, also for Renault to substantially update the Duster, not just in terms of the engine. That would have dented the Korean juggernaut.
Old 8th February 2021, 12:15   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
...but told me that the waiting period for the car is over 6 months. Is that correct, and in line with what you are hearing from other dealers in Mumbai or other parts of India? Would eliminate the Creta from my list in that case.
Yes, this is true. I have spoken with 3 different Hyundai dealers in Pune and all of them have quoted 20-24 weeks for SX & SX (O) variants - both petrol and diesel. Base and base + 1 variants have a waiting period of 8 to 9 months.
sam264_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 12:41   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
Yes, this is true. I have spoken with 3 different Hyundai dealers in Pune and all of them have quoted 20-24 weeks for SX & SX (O) variants - both petrol and diesel. Base and base + 1 variants have a waiting period of 8 to 9 months.
What is the average waiting period for Creta in Delhi? I am interested in the base petrol and the base CVT variants. Thanks!
Old 8th February 2021, 12:51   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
What is the average waiting period for Creta in Delhi? I am interested in the base petrol and the base CVT variants. Thanks!
I have been told by the dealers in Pune that base and base + 1 variants have a waiting period of 8 to 9 months across the country.
Old 9th February 2021, 09:57   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
One of my friend had booked a 1.5 petrol manual SX in the month of Oct and he is finally taking delivery in a couple of days. !
hi Roadstar - Did your friend take the delivery of SX Petrol and how is the feedback? I have seen many reviews of Petrol DCT and IVT but not manual Petrol. How does it feel to drive and does it feel underpowered?

Also did he pickup Shield of Trust coverage? I think this can be taken until first service.
Old 9th February 2021, 11:15   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
hi Roadstar - Did your friend take the delivery of SX Petrol and how is the feedback? I have seen many reviews of Petrol DCT and IVT but not manual Petrol. How does it feel to drive and does it feel underpowered?

Also did he pickup Shield of Trust coverage? I think this can be taken until first service.
Yes he picked up his ride on last wednesday and I dont think he will be able to make a comment on the performance as he is novice in this regard and this will be his first car. I will be meeting him next week sometime and will try my hands on the petrol manual. Ofcourse it will not be as peppy as my DCT, but i am sure that it will be better than my 1.2L i20.
If you have any specific questions, I can try to explore those and share my opinion.

No I suggested him not to opt for the shield of trust. I feel its okay and the kind if parts it covers are low cost except the clutch, which should not go kaput within 5 years. What do others suggest?

Last edited by D'Ro@dSt@r : 9th February 2021 at 11:21.
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 11:27   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
If you have any specific questions, I can try to explore those and share my opinion.
Hyundai dealers have Petrol IVT and Diesel Manual for test-drive here. I couldn't actually get hands on Petrol manual.

1) Is the engine sufficiently powered for drive in city? Does it need to gear down to 2nd every time or can we manage with 3rd gear in city traffic? I understand it lacks the low end torque as diesel.

2) What is the realistic mileage to expect in city/highways? I understand Diesel returns upto 15kmpl in city and around 20 in Highways.

My running is around 10k kms per year and thought petrol should be sufficient. But if 1.5 NA Petrol is underpowered and lower mileage(and low resale), i will plan to switch to SX Diesel. Suggestions welcome.
concorde24 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 10:53   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
....My running is around 10k kms per year and thought petrol should be sufficient. But if 1.5 NA Petrol is underpowered and lower mileage(and low resale), i will plan to switch to SX Diesel. Suggestions welcome.
My colleague drives a Creta Petrol automatic. He lives within 10 km radius of office and the traffic is usually bumper to bumper. He gets max 10kmpl in city with lowest being 8kmpl. On highways, he gets max 12 to 13kmpl. On the other hand, if you are going for petrol, you may want to consider Honda City CVT which gives better mileages than Creta petrol automatic in city conditions as well as highway. Hope this helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks