Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2020, 08:05   #211
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
HYUNDAI CRETA SX (O) 1.4 Turbo 7 DCT (1353 cc)
Looks smashing! I think you can go ahead. My insurance papers quote the same name under vehicle model.
iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 08:09   #212
BHPian

Update - Took delivery of my Phantom Black SX (O) Turbo yesterday from Himgiri Hyundai, Dilshad Garden. Laid out the 3Dmats Kagu floor mats and they snug in perfectly. Drove straight to Autotech in Udyog Nagar for Modesta ceramic coating.

Shall also try to get Campark dual dashcam fitted with the auxiliary camera in front to function as a front parking assistant camera, feeding into the dashcam screen.

Shall post full review of my ownership experience, coating, accessories etc. in a few days.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201020-9.33.39-pm.jpeg  

iamitp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 10:28   #213
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Guys, I own a first gen 2018 Creta 1.6D with 35k kms on the ODO. When passengers at the back sit with the brakes applied, there is an unusual "karak" noise which never used to happen before. This happens only when the car is stopped and not while driving or going over bumps. Strong feeling it's from the rear brakes but very well could be from the suspension too.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Planning to take it to the ASS this weekend but wanted to get an idea what to expect.

Thanks in advance!
Old 21st October 2020, 17:19   #214
BHPian

I wonder if some of you have seen recent pictures of alloy wheels being stolen off a Creta 2020 and Kia Seltos on Facebook groups.

Going by Youtube videos, Creta 1st Gen was a favorite among thieves in Delhi. The modus operandi seems to be - somehow unlock the car (maybe with keyfob cloning/relay & boosting techniques) and then opening the hood of the car to start the engine.

I am worried about my new car. I have an open colony parking. On most days I can park in front of my house which has CCTV coverage, but some days I need to park around the corner without a CCTV overwatch.

Here are some of the measures I'm trying out already:

1. Installed a 'Warning you are under CCTV footage' board on my house wall overlooking the usual parking spot, as a visual deterrent.
2. Installed a dash-cam with a front camera which will hopefully offer some more visual deterrence.
3. Bought a steering-door type steering lock with combination lock and tyre lock with lock & key type system, for physical deterrence.
4. Bought a TPH cover with front & rear reflectors, for logistical & visual deterrence.

From what I gather, Bluelink isn't foolproof system (slow and unresponsive under normal conditions due to the Vodafone 4G network) and is more of a post-theft recovery system than a theft prevention system.

Any other suggestions for improving the theft protection of my new Creta 2020?
Old 21st October 2020, 20:17   #215

Hi,

Would anyone of you know what's the waiting period for SXO DCT Creta in Bangalore ? Have booked on 1-Oct and my dealer keeps saying that allottment will happen only on 26th Oct . He is very non committal on delivery date.

Please help if you have any information

Regards
Sudhir
Old 21st October 2020, 21:02   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirbharadwaj View Post
Hi,

Would anyone of you know what's the waiting period for SXO DCT Creta in Bangalore ? Have booked on 1-Oct and my dealer keeps saying that allottment will happen only on 26th Oct . He is very non committal on delivery date.

Regards
Sudhir
Most of the dealers are quoting 4-6 weeks. I was told to wait for 2 months , but luckily a car got allocated in 4 weeks only and till now my experience with the dealer (Advaith ORR) has been good and would recommend checking with them before u fall for other dealer's promises. I am picking up my SX(O) DCT on sunday.

Btw, came to know abt another trend that many dealers are asking for full payment before they even place the order, which is wierd
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 20:26   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
Most of the dealers are quoting 4-6 weeks. I was told to wait for 2 months , but luckily a car got allocated in 4 weeks only and till now my experience with the dealer (Advaith ORR) has been good and would recommend checking with them before u fall for other dealer's promises. I am picking up my SX(O) DCT on sunday.

Btw, came to know abt another trend that many dealers are asking for full payment before they even place the order, which is wierd
Thanks so much for your quick response. I got a call from Advaith Bannerghatta road today (from sales person) that they will get allotment details on 26th Oct and only then I will get to know the delivery date. Fingers crossed !

Also the sales person asked if I am ok with SXO DCT White color , they have car available right away. So if anyone is interested , do give Advaith a call to check for the same.
sudhirbharadwaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 00:18   #218
BHPian

A few questions for fellow owners -

1. How do I stop the FM from auto playing the moment I start the car? I don't want any music to auto play when I turn on the vehicle.

2. What's the fastest way to get to drive mode selection? If I press the button, it automatically goes to traction control and makes me cycle through all of them before switching to drive modes.

3. Anyway to assign the voice command button to Google Assistant while in Android Auto?
Old 23rd October 2020, 07:28   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post

1. How do I stop the FM from auto playing the moment I start the car? I don't want any music to auto play when I turn on the vehicle.

2. What's the fastest way to get to drive mode selection? If I press the button, it automatically goes to traction control and makes me cycle through all of them before switching to drive modes.

3. Anyway to assign the voice command button to Google Assistant while in Android Auto?
1. I have reduced FM volume to 0 and it doesn't bother me when the car starts and FM plays by default. I'm not an avid FM listener.

3. Google assistant comes up by default on pressing steering voice command button with android auto connected. This is on 8 inch screen model, not sure about the 10 inch one. Also, Google assistant gives you options to configure voice commands in Google App in android phone irrespective of car / native phone usage.

Hope that helps
sarav100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 09:26   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirbharadwaj View Post
Hi,

Regards
Sudhir
I got my SXO Diesel AT in 15 days after booking on Oct-1. If you choose the right colour, I dont think availability is a big issue. It is not such a niche product that people want to wait for 6-8 weeks if one can get its cousin the Seltos or even say a Harrier in much quicker time.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 11:02   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
1. I have reduced FM volume to 0 and it doesn't bother me when the car starts and FM plays by default. I'm not an avid FM listener.

3. Google assistant comes up by default on pressing steering voice command button with android auto connected. This is on 8 inch screen model, not sure about the 10 inch one. Also, Google assistant gives you options to configure voice commands in Google App in android phone irrespective of car / native phone usage.

Hope that helps
Thanks Sarav for your reply! If I reduce voulme in FM app to 0, won't it also set other media volume to 0 too? Or is there a way to set only FM volume to 0?

Ah, I wish it was so on the 10" screen too. I'm guessing Hyundai retains Bluelink for the voice command button so that the Car sunroof/windows/AC can still be voice controlled via Bluelink, which Siri/Google Assistant won't be able to.
Old 23rd October 2020, 14:12   #222
BHPian

Guys need some advice- I am getting a Creta SX in coming week. I guess its going to be shod with 215/60/R17 JK Ux Royale. I had planned a switch to Michelin Primacy 4ST 215/60/R17, as soon as I get delivery, but issue is there is no stock with most dealers in Bombay. It is expected post Diwali. I found 1 dealer who had the 4STs but manufactured 27th week of 19 meaning around June 19. The dealer sent me a photo of a flyer from Michelin saying "Don't judge a Michelin tyre by its manufacturing date", and that the tyres are good upto 3 years. But I'm not so sure. Also, he is charging full MRP.
What do you guys suggest? I think I have 3 options:
1. Keep the JKs and change them after 2-3 yrs. Creta owners running JK kindly chip in if they are tolerable
2. If a 1.5yr old Michelin is ok, should I try to haggle with him to reduce prices and buy them?
3. Should i go for some other tyre? Though less keen on this, as I love the Michelins having used them for 50k+ kms on my Honda city and still have some life left in them.

Last edited by jmshaw : 23rd October 2020 at 14:18.
Old 23rd October 2020, 17:12   #223
BHPian

Quote:

I am yet to get my car, but as far as I remember from my test drives of Creta and Seltos, by default the rotary knob is in the drive select mode and you can rotate Left/right to change drive modes. Once you press it, the traction control mode gets activated.
Try that and let us know in case if its not that way.
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 17:24   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sarav for your reply! If I reduce voulme in FM app to 0, won't it also set other media volume to 0 too? Or is there a way to set only FM volume to 0?

Ah, I wish it was so on the 10" screen too. I'm guessing Hyundai retains Bluelink for the voice command button so that the Car sunroof/windows/AC can still be voice controlled via Bluelink, which Siri/Google Assistant won't be able to.
I checked in the car today and saw that radio/media is off by default when the car is started as shown below:

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20201023_090717.jpg

So, if 8 inch screen has this option, there should be one available in 10 inch screen as well, maybe exploring settings menu should help.
sarav100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 19:26   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
If I may pitch in, since the system is common between Creta and Seltos. When you start the car, FM stays on/off based on it's status when you had switched off the car last time. So if you turn off the radio and turn off the car, it will remain off the next time you start.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks