Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2022, 17:49   #1561
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Dear members,

While using auto hold function, the brakes light lights up which indicates that the brakes are on. So does it mean that while auto hold is very convenient, it can be equally bad for the brakes? We do not keep the car in Drive (D) mode and auto hold combination for too long. If the wait time is more than 10-15 seconds, Neutral (N) mode and auto hold is the usual combination for us, sometimes we even use EPB when the wait time is in minutes.

My question is - does auto hold, regardless of the car being in N or D mode, put extra pressure on the brakes?

PS: Car in question - Creta 1.5 petrol IVT.
Some interesting discussion going on here. I had similar question on using auto hold but didn't get any response.

So, is auto hold bad for the brakes in the long run? Several posts on international forums indicate you shouldn't use it with D mode when the wait time is in minutes. Putting your car on neutral or parking mode seems to be a better option.
Old 17th July 2022, 21:55   #1562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
Please let the car be in D during traffic, don’t shift to N or P. With Autohold you don’t even need to press the brakes. I am sure the manual also covers this, so do look it up.
I stand corrected. It is advisable to shift to N at traffic stops.
Old 19th July 2022, 00:25   #1563

Hi,

I might finally get my January booked SXO IVT this month. I had a discussion with SA about some accessories that the dealer offers. One of them, that i am interested in, a 360 degree camera. The dealer is offering a price of INR 31000. This is a setup from some company named DHC. I have couple of questions regarding the same:

1) Is a 360 degree camera worth the price it id being offered for?

2) I am worried about how this integrates with rest of the system. I saw some video where they have fitted a small switch to change between a after market 360 camera and original reverse camera. Also, most videos (including DHC) seem to indicate that we need to use a remote to effectively use it. Any experiences with this brand (DHC) or any other will be appreciated.

3) Since there are much more experienced people in this forum, assuming Creta will offer a 360 camera in facelift, do you think that camera will integrate better with existing system or it does not matter?

regards.
Old 21st July 2022, 20:15   #1564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsm_bang View Post

IMO if you don't park in tight spaces, 360° camera isn't needed.

Quote:
2) I am worried about how this integrates with rest of the system.

3) Since there are much more experienced people in this forum, assuming Creta will offer a 360 camera in facelift, do you think that camera will integrate better with existing system or it does not matter?
I and many on this forum, including GTO, are of firm belief - factory fit is a factory fit, period. Too many wires cutting, questionable quality spare parts is not worth it. Wait for some updates to Creta, they'll certainly include the 360° camera feature.

Last edited by Akshay6988 : 21st July 2022 at 20:25.
Akshay6988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 20:41   #1565
BANNED

Hello everyone ! Anyone on the forum who owns a 1.5 L Diesel AT Creta, how's the engine and gearbox, ride and handling and service costs ? By the way how much mileage you getting ?
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 20:58   #1566
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A 360 degree camera is NOT needed ONLY if you have not used it. Once you get into the habit of using one, you will miss it big time.

This is my personal experience with the reverse camera, and I am extrapolating it to a 360 view
Eddy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 19:24   #1567

Hello everyone,

I am driving my Creta diesel Sx(o) At for the past 10 months. I love every bit of if. However, I don't like the engine response in lower gears (in all the 3 drive modes). I realize its probably due to lag of turbo etc. So, I was checking for options to see if there are any after-market improvements that could be made. I enquired about the ECU remap but as of now there is none available

Are there any suggestions to improve this? Or is this something which one has to live with.

Please let me know

Last edited by Aditya : 1st August 2022 at 05:01. Reason: Typo
Old 25th July 2022, 22:01   #1568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaboy View Post
Hello everyone,

I am driving my Creta diesel Sx(o) At for the past 10 months. I love every bit of if. However, I don't like the engine response in lower gears (in all the 3 drive modes). I realize its probably due to lack of turbo etc. So, I was checking for options to see if there are any after-market improvements that could be made. I enquired about the ECU remap but as of now there is none available

Are there any suggestions to improve this? Or is this something which one has to live with.

Please let me know
Hello sir,

The modern diesel engine from any manufacturer these days comes with a turbocharger from factory itself. Being a Diesel Creta owner myself, albeit with a manual gearbox, I personally never felt the need for more grunt while taking off from stand-still.

Might I suggest you to try the manual mode and play with the paddle shifters if available?
Vkap257 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 22:34   #1569

Quote:
Hi,

I might finally get my January booked SXO IVT this month. I had a discussion with SA about some accessories that the dealer offers. One of them, that i am interested in, a 360 degree camera. The dealer is offering a price of INR 31000. This is a setup from some company named DHC.
Hi,

Did you get the delivery? If so did you opt for the 360 camera?

I am about to get the delivery in next 2 weeks and the dealer is offering the same 360 camera (by DHC) for 38000/- which includes 3000/- for the 3 years of warranty.

Thanks

Last edited by Axe77 : 1st August 2022 at 12:05. Reason: Trimmed quoted text.
Old 1st August 2022, 08:01   #1570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
Hello everyone ! Anyone on the forum who owns a 1.5 L Diesel AT Creta, how's the engine and gearbox, ride and handling and service costs ? By the way how much mileage you getting ?
Over 16K kms done on my Creta Diesel AT now. Engine and transmission is very well tuned for smoothness and adequately powerful response. Dont expect it to be a Ferrari, and you will be happy in all the speed regimes. The ride is well balanced with a slight bias on the firmer side, therefore handling is quite good at highway speeds. City mileage depends on traffic, but on an average is between 13-16 kmpl, and highway mileage is between 18-23 kmpl. Overall its a smooth and refined car with creature comforts. Dont " SUV" it around too much, and you will be happy. No major service costs yet, and no niggles or rattles either!.
fhdowntheline is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 08:08   #1571
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Over 16K kms done on my Creta Diesel AT now. Engine and transmission is very well tuned for smoothness and adequately powerful response. Dont expect it to be a Ferrari, and you will be happy in all the speed regimes. The ride is well balanced with a slight bias on the firmer side, therefore handling is quite good at highway speeds. City mileage depends on traffic, but on an average is between 13-16 kmpl, and highway mileage is between 18-23 kmpl. Overall its a smooth and refined car with creature comforts. Dont " SUV" it around too much, and you will be happy. No major service costs yet, and no niggles or rattles either!.
Thank you so much for your reply on your experiences with the Creta Diesel AT, I am considering the same engine-gearbox combination but am not sure whether I want it in the Creta or Seltos or Sonet.
Old 1st August 2022, 09:21   #1572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much for your reply on your experiences with the Creta Diesel AT, I am considering the same engine-gearbox combination but am not sure whether I want it in the Creta or Seltos or Sonet.
The Sonet will be a bit more cramped overall than the Creta for sure. However, at this stage of the automotive market, if you can wait, you might as well watch out for the Suzuki-Toyota CSUV cousins too before taking a call. The AWD Grand Vitara would be an interesting choice for example.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 09:36   #1573
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
The Sonet will be a bit more cramped overall than the Creta for sure. However, at this stage of the automotive market, if you can wait, you might as well watch out for the Suzuki-Toyota CSUV cousins too before taking a call. The AWD Grand Vitara would be an interesting choice for example.
Yes, but we are a small family of 4 where everyone is very short and most of the time only 3 of us will be traveling, so space isn't much of a concern here. The Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder/ Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara are also in our consideration, but I am skeptical of the 1.5 naturally aspirated engine and its power and torque figures being just 103 bhp and 137 nm respectively being powerful enough for a bigger and heavier car let alone the newly launched Brezza.
Old 1st August 2022, 13:29   #1574
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, but we are a small family of 4 where everyone is very short and most of the time only 3 of us will be traveling, so space isn't much of a concern here. The Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder/ Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara are also in our consideration, but I am skeptical of the 1.5 naturally aspirated engine and its power and torque figures being just 103 bhp and 137 nm respectively being powerful enough for a bigger and heavier car let alone the newly launched Brezza.
Creta/Seltos should be the same but comes with mix of features in both. The diesel engine is potent enough and should take care of everyday usage.

I have been using it for 7 years now and it's one capable engine. The electricals can be of some concern after some 5-6 years.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 17:32   #1575
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Creta/Seltos should be the same but comes with mix of features in both. The diesel engine is potent enough and should take care of everyday usage.

I have been using it for 7 years now and it's one capable engine. The electricals can be of some concern after some 5-6 years.
Thank you so much for your reply, I too felt the Diesel AT to be much better than the Petrol, and of course I'd be more than happy with a Diesel AT than with a Petrol DCT

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks