Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
1,796,591 views Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2022, 18:43   #1636
agm
BHPian
 
agm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central India
Posts: 179
Thanked: 143 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Why don't you take a look at Seltos (Similar variant will cost you almost the same). I say this with an assumption that Kia folks will be professional and wont rip you off AND assuming you are ok with Seltos.You are spending 20.71 Lakhs and in this budget I am sure you would have other options available as well so why don't you check them out.
Thank you for being loud and clear and putting across your point bluntly. I needed this reality check badly, and I mean it.

Seltos was the first vehicle which I went to check. Trust me local KIA dealer is even worse than any Hyundai dealer. When I went to Kia dealer and asked for a test drive they told me to first book the vehicle, only then theyíll arrange a vehicle for test drive. My cousin who went along with me spoke to sales manager for half and hour and tried to explain it to him that this not how you deal with a prospect buyer only then they arranged a vehicle, that too 1.4 turbo DCT as they donít have the ivt variant for test drive. Seltos, unfortunately donít come in fully loaded top variant in IVT. This is what I was told back then. I was so put off by the attitude of sales executive and overall experience with the KIA dealership that I donít think I would have anyways gone ahead with this purchase. Worst part is we have only 2 Kia dealership here in our state and only one in my city. Donít want to take chance with them!

Stretched my budget a bit so that I can consider other option like XUV700 AX5 petrol automatic. Liked everything about it except waiting period and size, which is huge for someone like me who drives the vehicle 90% time alone.

Astor was the other option which to be honest was perfect for me in every aspect. But everyone I spoke to asked me not to buy a Chinese brand, no matter what.

Having bought Taigun 1.0 TSI automatic last year in Oct and the problem which I have faced so far(rattles, lack of cooling from ac, tak-tak noise from brakes) with the vehicle which has done less than 6k KM in the odo and Lack of any solution by the VW A.S.S was the last straw in the coffin. This time I decided will look for something which gives me peace of mind.

Last edited by agm : 22nd September 2022 at 18:51.
agm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 19:11   #1637
BHPian
 
Artyom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 571
Thanked: 1,566 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
Thank you for being loud and clear and putting across your point bluntly. I needed this reality check badly, and I mean it.

Seltos was the first vehicle which I went to check. Trust me local KIA dealer is even worse than any Hyundai dealer. When I went to Kia dealer and asked for a test drive they told me to first book the vehicle, only then theyíll arrange a vehicle for test drive. My cousin who went along with me spoke to sales manager for half and hour and tried to explain it to him that this not how you deal with a prospect buyer only then they arranged a vehicle, that too 1.4 turbo DCT as they donít have the ivt variant for test drive. Seltos, unfortunately donít come in fully loaded top variant in IVT. This is what I was told back then. I was so put off by the attitude of sales executive and overall experience with the KIA dealership that I donít think I would have anyways gone ahead with this purchase. Worst part is we have only 2 Kia dealership here in our state and only one in my city. Donít want to take chance with them!

Stretched my budget a bit so that I can consider other option like XUV700 AX5 petrol automatic. Liked everything about it except waiting period and size, which is huge for someone like me who drives the vehicle 90% time alone.

Astor was the other option which to be honest was perfect for me in every aspect. But everyone I spoke to asked me not to buy a Chinese brand, no matter what.

Having bought Taigun 1.0 TSI automatic last year in Oct and the problem which I have faced so far(rattles, lack of cooling from ac, tak-tak noise from brakes) with the vehicle which has done less than 6k KM in the odo and Lack of any solution by the VW A.S.S was the last straw in the coffin. This time I decided will look for something which gives me peace of mind.
Damn, I didnt know dealers are so brainless that they would ever ask the customer to book the vehicle first and then take the test drive. That is a first for me. Well with all the points you mentioned I am afraid Creta seems to be the only option you are left with.Since you already had a fiasco with Taigun so i am sure reliability is at the top of your list and Creta somehow is reliable no doubt about it. Advance wishes for the buy sirji and again wishing you million happy miles ahead.
Artyom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 06:16   #1638
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,193
Thanked: 6,282 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
T

Astor was the other option which to be honest was perfect for me in every aspect. But everyone I spoke to asked me not to buy a Chinese brand, no matter what.
Why haven't you even tried out the Astor ? You may get a better deal and from what I have heard, MG service is quite good in general. Dont get into political dilemmas unless you yourself believe in it.
fhdowntheline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 10:05   #1639
agm
BHPian
 
agm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central India
Posts: 179
Thanked: 143 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Why haven't you even tried out the Astor ? You may get a better deal and from what I have heard, MG service is quite good in general. Dont get into political dilemmas unless you yourself believe in it.
I never had any preconceived notion, Hence, Astor was on my shortlist. Out of all the vehicle I tested, honestly I liked Astor the most, fit all the bill. Decent power from 1.3 turbo, matted with reliable TC gearbox, amazing fit and finish with interior quality to die for. I must add My overall experience with MG dealership was top notch which gave me enough confidence to seriously consider Astor. Spoke to one of my friend and cousin who owns hector petrol & diesel. Their feedback was quite positive too. Before making the booking I did discussed it with some of my close friends & cousins who are automobile enthusiasts. They all told me to stay away from MG, especially Astor as this engine is relatively new and jointly developed by saic and GM. They said you keep the vehicle for long and since long term reliability of this engine and MG as whole is unknown, we suggest you to look elsewhere. Better to be safe than sorry!

After my taigun fiasco, I was not at all ready to take any chance this time. All this made me drop the plan of buying Astor.

Last edited by agm : 23rd September 2022 at 10:14.
agm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 11:51   #1640
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 859
Thanked: 886 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Need some advice on the extended warranty. I have 2021 SX(IVT) model which has 5 years /50000km standard warranty. I enquired about extended warranty for 6th and 7th year / 1L km and service center is quoting ~32k for it.

I'm wondering if it is worth since it only covers manufacturing defects which if any would show up and covered during first 5 years for which I already have warranty. If I invest this 32k for 5 years for healthy return, I hope I can cover any unexpected failure. My point is that unlike top variant, SX IVT doesn't have fancy gizmos which may need attention. Only thing I want to cover is gearbox / transmission which being a IVT should be fairly reliable and if any issue then it will show up in first five years.

Any thoughts?
Aviator_guy is online now  
Old 23rd September 2022, 16:16   #1641
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,193
Thanked: 6,282 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
I never had any preconceived notion, Hence, Astor was on my shortlist.. They said you keep the vehicle for long and since long term reliability of this engine and MG as whole is unknown, we suggest you to look elsewhere. Better to be safe than sorry!

After my taigun fiasco, I was not at all ready to take any chance this time. All this made me drop the plan of buying Astor.
I have used untested cars like the Fiat Linea T-Jet whose 1.4 turbo was a relatively unknown engine for its time compared to its peers. Not to mention Fiat's ill-reputed service. The same case with my Polo 1.2 GT TSI with its much vaunted and maligned DQ200 DSG gear box. But I did not face any significant issues. In fact, as I write this, I am awaiting the replacement of my Creta's much reputed 10.25in Touchscreen which just conked off a couple of weeks ago. It was just fine until it gave up all of a sudden and the service centre had no option but to replace it.
Therefore, even with the best of the reputed brands, component reliability is not always a given. If you like the car, go for it!

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 23rd September 2022 at 16:17.
fhdowntheline is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 11:12   #1642
agm
BHPian
 
agm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central India
Posts: 179
Thanked: 143 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Hello Friends

Got the VIN yesterday. Will be leaving for dealership within couple of hours to make the full payment. Vehicle should be here in the next 3-4 days according to SA. Will get the PDI done once the car is with the dealership and if everything goes fine than will take the delivery on 5th October(Dussehra).

I just cannot thank you all enough for invaluable inputs.

Last edited by agm : 27th September 2022 at 11:20.
agm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 10:23   #1643
BHPian
 
easyrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 35
Thanked: 11 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Have a question around Insurance renewal for existing car while I am waiting for Creta SXO (booked in August).
My current car Grand i10 insurance is due for renewal by 25th October. Is it possible to renew it for for few months instead of a year? Considering the waiting time for Creta is 4-5 months, probably I will get it by December (fingers crossed ).
And I am planning to sell/exchange i10 when I am getting Creta and claim NCB when taking insurance for Creta.

Last edited by easyrider : 29th September 2022 at 10:27.
easyrider is offline  
Old 29th September 2022, 10:30   #1644
BHPian
 
easyrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 35
Thanked: 11 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Have a question around Insurance renewal for existing car while I am waiting for Creta SXO (booked in August).
My current car Grand i10 insurance is due for renewal by 25th October. Is it possible to renew it for for few months instead of a year? Considering the waiting time for Creta is 4-5 months, probably I will get it by December (fingers crossed ).
And I am planning to sell/exchange i10 when I am getting Creta and claim NCB when taking insurance for Creta.

Last edited by easyrider : 29th September 2022 at 10:31.
easyrider is offline  
Old 30th September 2022, 13:11   #1645
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Cuttack
Posts: 2
Thanked: 3 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Hello bhpians. I have been a silent reader of numerous posts and this is my first post regarding a tiny issue which has been nagging me at the back of my head.
I bought a Creta SX IVT exactly a year back. (Took delivery October 1,2021) Just yesterday I noticed the paint of the AC switch peeling off within just a years usage. And mind you, the switch at most may have been used Ďjustí 100-150 times (I rarely switch off the AC).
However seeing the paint coming off the switch isnt a big issue itself, but it does beg the million dillar question that how can one of the biggest automotive companies in the world cut costs in its highest selling model. And what could my future course of action be?

Ps- This is my first car bought in India, have experience with plenty of cars outside India and none had this issue even after 10years of ownership.
Looking forward to be a part of this wonderful community
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-b613b578b75e4326888a758b0c3959c8.jpeg  

sonu302 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 14:11   #1646
BHPian
 
neel911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 567
Thanked: 829 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonu302 View Post
Just yesterday I noticed the paint of the AC switch peeling off within just a years usage. And mind you, the switch at most may have been used Ďjustí 100-150 times (I rarely switch off the AC).
Did you suddenly notice this? In that case, it could have also been due to some abrasive item causing it at one shot. The lines look a bit sharp to have caused gradually by fingers.
neel911 is offline  
Old 30th September 2022, 14:21   #1647
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Cuttack
Posts: 2
Thanked: 3 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Did you suddenly notice this? In that case, it could have also been due to some abrasive item causing it at one shot. The lines look a bit sharp to have caused gradually by fingers.
Actually today I tried wiping it off with moderate force using a normal 2 ply facial tissue (hoping against my guts it may be a dirt spot).
However to my absolute horror the paint peeled off even more. Mind you I didnt even apply a lot of pressure. The end result are these sharp lines longidinally. :(
sonu302 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 11:43   #1648
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 12
Thanked: 17 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
Have a question around Insurance renewal for existing car while I am waiting for Creta SXO (booked in August).
My current car Grand i10 insurance is due for renewal by 25th October. Is it possible to renew it for for few months instead of a year? Considering the waiting time for Creta is 4-5 months, probably I will get it by December (fingers crossed ).
And I am planning to sell/exchange i10 when I am getting Creta and claim NCB when taking insurance for Creta.
I don't think you can renew for a shorter period, and anyway while selling the car, you will need to show a valid insurance policy too.
As for the NCB, you can get it transferred to the new car when you buy the new insurance policy, you will either need to show documentation of ownership transfer or just surrender NCB on the old policy (i.e. pay the NCB amount on the old car's policy, which is what I did) so that you can take the NCB benefit on the new car which would be a much higher amount. Your dealer can guide you on this or just request a quote from any insurance provider and they can guide you on the process.
sudeepmehrotra is offline  
Old 3rd October 2022, 11:52   #1649
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 12
Thanked: 17 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Hi all. I noticed a weird issue in my Creta yesterday.
The TPMS showed low pressure in 3 out of 4 tyres, with pressure as 29 in all. I got the air refilled in all 4, but now also TMPS is showing low pressure in 1 tyre, though the value shown is same in all 4. Has anyone noticed a similar issue too?

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20221002210928.jpg

Also, newbie question - what's the right pressure to fill, I asked the pump guy for 34 and now TMPS is showing 32. I guess this has to do with some difference in hot / cold air pressure. Request experts here to guide. My Creta is just a few months old, and I had to get air filled for the first time.
sudeepmehrotra is offline  
Old 3rd October 2022, 14:46   #1650
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 859
Thanked: 886 Times
Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

I have noticed some fogging/water vapour inside the headlight assembly around the DRL on my 1 year old Creta SX IVT. Is it normal or should I get it checked at the SC? Has anyone else noticed similar issue?
Aviator_guy is online now  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks