Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2023, 10:44   #1891
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Hello All,
I am at Hyundai for my 1st Paid service. The service guys are asking which engine oil you would like to go for - Synthetic or Mineral. Mineral is Rs 3xx / ltr and Synthetic is Rs 9xx/ltr. In the last service mineral oil from shell was filled and he says synthetic oil is better for engine health and sound.
What you recommend? Is the 3 x price justified?

Please reply soon.

Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 11:57   #1892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
Hello All,
The service guys are asking which engine oil you would like to go for - Synthetic or Mineral.

Please reply soon.

Thanks
Go for Synthetic. For details refer TBHP post: https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/synt...vs-mineral-oil
HarshVShrotriya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 12:05   #1893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,
I am at Hyundai for my 1st Paid service. The service guys are asking which engine oil you would like to go for - Synthetic or Mineral. Mineral is Rs 3xx / ltr and Synthetic is Rs 9xx/ltr. In the last service mineral oil from shell was filled and he says synthetic oil is better for engine health and sound.

Please reply soon.

Thanks
Do you have BS6 or BS4 Creta? When I went for my BS6 petrol Creta service and enquired about synthetic oil, the SA mentioned that they don't put synthetic oil for BS6 cars yet (may be Hyundai guidelines or appropriate synthetic oil grade not available in market).

If available, synthetic oil gives better performance and worth the extra money as others have opined.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 30th August 2023 at 12:18.
Old 1st September 2023, 19:41   #1894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Do you have BS6 or BS4 Creta? When I went for my BS6 petrol Creta service and enquired about synthetic oil, the SA mentioned that they don't put synthetic oil for BS6 cars yet (may be Hyundai guidelines or appropriate synthetic oil grade not available in market).

If available, synthetic oil gives better performance and worth the extra money as others have opined.
Funny thing !, I went for my first service ( 2months), and the SA told me exactly the opposite, and that they put only synthetic oil for BS6 Creata petrol engines. This was at Advaith hyundai, Bannerghatta rd, Bangalore.
Old 2nd September 2023, 09:40   #1895
BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_4964.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_4965.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_4966.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_4968.jpg

Managed to spot this near the Hyundai factory in Chennai while being stuck in heavy traffic close to a month ago. This looks way too long for a Creta (5 seat), probably an Alcazar (7 seat) getting readied to launch soon.
Old 2nd September 2023, 17:25   #1896
BHPian

Its boot looks like an overfilled Daiper.
Old 3rd September 2023, 12:08   #1897
BHPian

Quote:
Its boot looks like an overfilled Daiper.
That's because of deliberate padding (long foam strips) added under wraps to camouflage the true shape and design of front and boot.
Old 5th September 2023, 18:45   #1898
BHPian

I have been reading news from various sources and per most of them facelift creta is expected to be announced around Jan 24 with production from Feb 24. What's the probability that this is close to being true based on any prior experiences?

I have already booked SX(O) IVT with delivery around Sept end to Mid Oct. Family now wants to wait for few months if the facelift version is coming as they don't want to regret buying the old one just before the new version is released as this car will be kept for few years. As of now we have a car that we can manage for some time.
Old 5th September 2023, 20:45   #1899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy2021 View Post
I have been reading news from various sources and per most of them facelift creta is expected to be announced around Jan 24 with production from Feb 24. What's the probability that this is close to being true based on any prior experiences?

I have already booked SX(O) IVT with delivery around Sept end to Mid Oct. Family now wants to wait for few months if the facelift version is coming as they don't want to regret buying the old one just before the new version is released as this car will be kept for few years. As of now we have a car that we can manage for some time.
While there is no sure shot way of knowing facelift launch schedule, here is something from past experience.

Seltos was launched around mid 2019 and news started doing rounds for facelift Creta towards year end. I waited for new Creta which was introduced in the 2020 Auto Expo in Feb (if I recall correctly) and deliveries started by April 2020.

Going by this experience and given that new Seltos was launched in mid 2023, we can extrapolate new Creta launch by Q1/Q2 2024. If you are willing to wait out next few months, there is some chance of getting hands on facelift.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 11:42   #1900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roark View Post
So went ahead and installed the IPH Bi-Led 3 Colour Projector Fog Lights.

Hello Roark!

Any updates on the performance of the projector fog lights?! How is the visiblity?
Do post pics if possible.

I plan to do something similar on my Seltos

Regards,
Powertrain
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 22:01   #1901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Roark!

Any updates on the performance of the projector fog lights?! How is the visibility? ...
Same here. Where exactly in Mumbai, and the total cost of everything...
I plan to do this in my Taigun
Atharva14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 22:12   #1902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy2021 View Post

The local Hyundai dealer mentioned exactly the same. They were earlier planning for April 2024 launch but apparently have preponed to Jan 2024. But the actual deliveries might be March or April 2024.

Any news if the facelift version will have better safety? The 2021 facelift in SE Asian countries got 5-star Asean NCAP rating.
Sufficient_shop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 12:49   #1903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Roark!

Any updates on the performance of the projector fog lights?! How is the visiblity?
Do post pics if possible.

I plan to do something similar on my Seltos
Done and dusted, Powertrain. Amazing results, I must say. See the attached pictures here

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5613139 (iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India))

Here the projectors throw was a bit at a higher level, adjusted it down, and then it was good to go.

An honest view is that I am very happy with it. Never ever have I driven any car that provides such illumination on the road. Was going at around 100 kmph on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway at around 11pm and never even once felt uncomfortable with the throw of these projectors on the road. Earlier I always had a feeling of being blinded by the lack of throw of the stock headlights.

I must though add here, that I have changed the Halogen in the Fog Setup to Led - 75W each, thoroughly helps in lighting up the corners on the dark roads.
Generally, I love to drive at night, feel that there is less traffic of cars on the road - just that the stock headlights was a sticking point up until now.

If you are planning to install them, don't think twice, just go ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atharva14 View Post
Same here. Where exactly in Mumbai, and the total cost of everything...
I plan to do this in my Taigun
Picked up the IPH from Car Concepts-Raghav / +91 80535 10227.
There is another seller, Blaze-Amit Sawhney / +91 98714 90280.
Both are based out of Delhi and they will be more than happy to send the units to you on payment of full price. Amit is quite helpful and goes out of the way to help. If I am not mistaken, both import the units and don't expect any warranty/guarantee on them, though they do provide it at extra cost (not too sure how will the warranty work)

Moreover, any good installer in your area will be able to do the set up.
My setup was done by a local installer at Dadar, Mumbai.

A thread on the instal process and cost for the IPH attached here.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5610930 (Hyundai Creta : Official Review)

Hope this helps

Last edited by graaja : 13th September 2023 at 13:05. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use Edit or Multiquote options
Roark is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 12:13   #1904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roark View Post
My setup was done by a local installer at Dadar, Mumbai
Tried to PM for name and number of installer but, don’t think the message got through please.

Request to kindly share name and number of installer at Dadar and, cost and overall experience with installer as in, the pros and cons please.

Also, please share your experience till date of using projector fog lamps, along with negatives if any.

Thanks in advance.
Old 14th September 2023, 18:57   #1905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTsunny View Post
Tried to PM for name and number of installer but, don’t think the message got through please.

Request to kindly share name and number of installer at Dadar and, cost and overall experience with installer as in, the pros and cons please.

Also, please share your experience till date of using projector fog lamps, along with negatives if any.

Thanks in advance.
Experience of the projectors while driving is amazing. I have just mentioned the same in the above post. It is a joy to drive the vehicle under the projector lights of course with the enhanced fog lights.

So at Dadar there is one Car Detailing Shop near Trofima called Amar Motors / +91 98198 50585. This person owns the shop but he gets his work done from his regular installers. Alternatively, you can directly call up the installer to get the job done. His name is Dinesh / +91 92218 16549.

I was charged somewhere around 1700/- just for the instal through Amar Motors, all inclusive. If you directly call up Dinesh, perhaps he might come out cheaper.

Overall experience of instal is listed here

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5610930 (Hyundai Creta : Official Review)

Though I was a bit weary on the way they go about yanking the bumper out but then, I guess that is the only way to get them out if you want to instal the projectors in the bumper. Be prepared to get a real heart burn if it is a brand new car.
Otherwise, making the connections using connectors, wiring, zip tying the wires neatly in the engine bay etc. was a neat enough job.
Roark is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks