Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2021, 21:12   #961
BANNED

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
Hey fellow BHPians,

So, any recommendations from owners of VAG vehicles on which petrol stations carry that Ron95+ fuel reliably and are trustworthy? Areas I usually drive through are Mylapore, Cathedral road + surrounding areas, Vadapalani, KK Nagar, Ashok Nagar, Guindy, Kotturpuram and OMR stretches until Perungudi.

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Indian Oil Pumps carry XP95 which is 95RON, you can check the availability on nearby pumps from the Indian Oil app. Install it on your phone. You will definitely notice better punch and better refinement with XP95 compared to regular fuel.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 13:41   #962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Indian Oil Pumps carry XP95 which is 95RON, you can check the availability on nearby pumps from the Indian Oil app. Install it on your phone. You will definitely notice better punch and better refinement with XP95 compared to regular fuel.
Thanks, but I am not really finding XP95 in easy supply. I visited 2 IOCL (for XP95) and 1 BPCL (Speed 93 or 97) this morning. They didn't have it. Since I was running low on fuel, I went and pumped another 25L of V-Power from the trusty Shell station that I usually go to.
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 11:57   #963

Mod note: Back to back post, please use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmay2612 View Post
Connect infotainment system to WiFi hotspot, visit apps section and within that go to VW app store. You will have to create a profile as well on Infotainment system before that, it will ask for your mail id to do same.

By default there are no apps installed.
I went to VW Navi Mumbai last Saturday and when I connected there, I could download the apps. I also downloaded Maharshra Map but when I tried to use it, it did not show the destination in Lonavala that I wanted to go to.

Do we have to keep the system connected with hotspot for Navigation?

Quote:
Thanks, but I am not really finding XP95 in easy supply. I visited 2 IOCL (for XP95) and 1 BPCL (Speed 93 or 97) this morning. They didn't have it. Since I was running low on fuel, I went and pumped another 25L of V-Power from the trusty Shell station that I usually go to.
I have run 200 KMs on normal petrol. Should I categorically fill 95 octane? Or some additives could help? Veteran VW users may help here.

In my Skoda Laura, I used to fill normal petrol and never faced any problem.

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th December 2021 at 12:12. Reason: Back to back post, please use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.
absurange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 12:18   #964
BHPian

Taigun real world Fuel Efficiency numbers for my car (GT1.5).

Done with 4K on Taigun - Have now reasonable sense on how the car consumes fuel with different driving modes

Case1 (worst) Daily city drive/ home to office commute; 3 km takes 10-20 mins, one stretch of bad traffic

FE: 6.5KMPL to 8.5KMPL.

Case2a: Long city drive; 20 Km in 40 mins, mix of signals and moderate traffic and excellent driving (no over taking, less strong accelerations and brakings)

FE: 15KMPL to 16KMPL

Case2b: Long city drive; 20 Km in 40 mins, mix of signals and moderate traffic and fast driving (over taking, intermittant accelerations and brakings)

FE: 12KMPL to 14KMPL

Case3a: Highway drive; avg. steady 60-80 KMPH,
FE: 22KMPL to 24KMPL (On Pune Mumbai stretch which involves slope, this can touch 25 for the full drive, attached pic was post navigating a KM queue at Vashi toll)

Volkswagen Taigun Review-23.2.jpg

Case3b: Highway drive; Fast/ overtaking. (bordering permissible limits or beyond)
FE: 15KMPL to 17KMPL

Volkswagen Taigun Review-15.2.jpeg

Last edited by vinitbarve : 13th December 2021 at 12:19.
vinitbarve is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 13:59   #965
BHPian

Thanks for sharing. So, this is in tune with the preview that with a heavy foot, there is significant drop in FE, particularly for short drives.
stringbh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 14:54   #966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absurange View Post
I have run 200 KMs on normal petrol. Should I categorically fill 95 octane? Or some additives could help? Veteran VW users may help here.

Just fill normal petrol and don't think anything else. I have been a Jetta owner for 7 years now.

Last edited by Aditya : 13th December 2021 at 19:50. Reason: Quote tag fixed
Metallicar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 17:29   #967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbarve View Post
Taigun real world Fuel Efficiency numbers for my car (GT1.5).

Done with 4K on Taigun - Have now reasonable sense on how the car consumes fuel with different driving modes
These are good figures. My VWT 1.0L car is <10 days old, 310Kms on odo, with 70km of it on highways. I have seen averages between 5.6 to 15kmpl. My commute is 20Kms one way. I just did a full tank this morning with a mix of different petrols. Let's see in 2 weeks or so how this turns out.

Quote:

My first filling was with 25L of Shell V Power the day after I drove home the car. Didn't see much of a problem. I realized it was RON91 only later.

I filled another 25L of Shell V Power since I couldn't drive around much to find a XP95 or Speed 97. However, this morning, I pumped in 18L of XP100 from a reputable IOC pump. I am not imagining this. The engine sounded much more silent, a bit more peppy and avg mileage started creeping up, for whatever reason by 2kmpl or so.
asmr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 19:21   #968
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
I would say take multiple TDs of the Taigun, even we have a polo and you will start liking it. That has been my person opinion. Door heft and some areas of cost cutting are there but still it is one of the best driver's car. In terms of plastic quality and built it is at par with the Koreans.

Else if budget is not a constraint you can wait for Tiguan it is launching tomorrow.
Thanks, I took the test drive again somehow not satisfied. Will take a test drive of Kushaq. TSI engine did not disappoint me though.
I am in two minds. I initially thought of T-Roc, quality is amazing, looks great but lacks leg space. It is same as Polo and my wife rejected it. On the other hand Taigun have leg space but boot is less. Maybe will wait for Slavia or upcoming VW sedan.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th December 2021 at 11:15. Reason: Typos
Old 14th December 2021, 07:00   #969

Quote:
Mod note: Back to back post, please use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.

I went to VW Navi Mumbai last Saturday and when I connected there, I could download the apps. I also downloaded Maharshra Map but when I tried to use it, it did not show the destination in Lonavala that I wanted to go to.

Do we have to keep the system connected with hotspot for Navigation?
The sygic map feature is an offline one, it should be able to show you route without hotspot
GPS it seems is in-built into the infotainment system
tanmay2612 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 13:37   #970
BHPian

VW Taigun vs MG ZS (Electric) - Size and Road presence test (from a parking lot) - Decide for yourself

Volkswagen Taigun Review-1.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-2.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-3.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-4.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-5.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th December 2021 at 17:25. Reason: Astor > ZS
vinitbarve is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 17:09   #971
BHPian

Hi everyone! I'm considering getting the Taigun Comfortline in 2022, about which I have a few questions:

1. Is it true that the Comfortline doesn't come with a rear parcel shelf? If so, does VW offer the part as an accessory that can be fitted at the time of purchase?

2. Can the 60:40 split seats from the Highline be retrofitted later down the line?

3. Is the Highline worth the extra ₹2+ lakhs? For me, the Comfortline has most of the features I need - a fun motor, 6-speed manual, steering mounted controls, rear AC vents, electric ORVMs, driver armrest, tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel, and height adjustable driver's seat. I can live without the split-folding rear seats, so that's not a deal breaker. I'd love to hear from Comfortline owners if there are any glaring omissions compared to the higher variants.

Cheers!
Old 17th December 2021, 18:52   #972
BHPian

Did a test drive of the Taigun GT plus at VW Downtown and came away quite impressed. The price may be steep but it has a lot going for it if you look at it in isolation with a 20l budget and prefer driving pleasure over a premium feel and features.
It appears well put together and mechanically and dynamically sorted. A driving pleasure oriented all rounder of sorts. Did not see any deal breakers.
Floyd de Souza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 16:37   #973
BHPian

Quote:
These are good figures. My VWT 1.0L car is <10 days old, 310Kms on odo, with 70km of it on highways. I have seen averages between 5.6 to 15kmpl. My commute is 20Kms one way. I just did a full tank this morning with a mix of different petrols. Let's see in 2 weeks or so how this turns out.
So I did find a couple of BPCL stations giving out Speed 97. Next refill will be from one of those. With avg speeds of 15-20kmph (city traffic), the avg mileage is around 8-10kmpl. At avg speeds of 30+kmph, it touched 14-15kmpl. Hoping that this will go up.

Completed almost 500kms. A few questions, concerns.

1. When the Engine start button is pushed, it continues cranking for a few seconds rather than firing up. Have to stop and push start again. Anyone else faced it?
2. Not sure if I am missing anything, but the text keyboard doesn't seem to have the input for symbol "=" in it.
3. When the vehicle is on smooth roads, everything is great. NVH is super. But on broken, bad or uneven roads, there is a good amount of creaking/squeaking sounds from the doors, probably from the flexing of the frame against the rubber linings. Something to fix in the first service.
4. Would anyone have any recommendation on a good USB C type to C type cable for both data and charging? Should I have got a OEM cable with the car?
5. The car doesn't have a full fledged TPMS, and only a pressure deflation warning system. Has anyone seen that warning go off randomly but the tyres were still holding correctly set pressure?
Old 18th December 2021, 17:32   #974
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
1. Is it true that the Comfortline doesn't come with a rear parcel shelf? If so, does VW offer the part as an accessory that can be fitted at the time of purchase?
You can get this ordered from the dealership or its service center. Knowing VW, it will be more expensive than a ballpark figure you would have in mind for such a part.

Quote:
2. Can the 60:40 split seats from the Highline be retrofitted later down the line?
For the same car, basically any part can be installed on any variant. Just that it will have several child parts, can take time for sourcing as they may have to be backordered and can be a costly affair. The service center will look up the parts manual based on a highline car's VIN and can order it for you. Again, seats for VW are grossly overpriced.

Quote:
3. Is the Highline worth the extra ₹2+ lakhs? For me, the Comfortline has most of the features I need - a fun motor, 6-speed manual, steering mounted controls, rear AC vents, electric ORVMs, driver armrest, tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel, and height adjustable driver's seat. I can live without the split-folding rear seats, so that's not a deal breaker. I'd love to hear from Comfortline owners if there are any glaring omissions compared to the higher variants.
What all features do the Highline variant get over Comfortline?
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 19:12   #975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
What all features do the Highline variant get over Comfortline?
Functionally speaking... AT variant gets hill assist, USB ports, Connected features, Cooled glove box, ERVMs, Smart AC, reversing camera, height adjustable driver seat, driver window auto up/down with pinch guard, front fog lamps, static cornering lights, rear defogger + wiper + washer, larger screen infotainment.
asmr is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks