Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2021, 15:14   #496
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

From the videos and images I could see, it appears that there is no three-point seat belt for the rear middle passenger. I am not sure why it is not highlighted by any of the reviewers. For a car claiming to have focused a lot on safety, it is ironic that they missed a simple, low cost but highly important component. That said, it is not surprising as Mahindra has deleted this feature from XUV500.

As of now, I guess only hector offers three-point seat belts to all passengers in this segment. Compass, Safari and Harrier do not offer them as well.
Bhargav7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 17:09   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Have people who registered on the website for the XUV700 started getting calls from dealers? I've registered twice, but no revert as yet. Want the base diesel version, but there's just no info available. Can't book online either. Any idea when M&M is going to start official bookings? Thanks in advance.
I've been receiving calls almost every other week from Mahindra regarding my current vehicles, variant choice, color and the rest, basically asking about my preference for the 7OO. Just received a call today as well, asking me about the feedback on the vehicle. He inquired about my current booking with Toyota and when asked for the booking date, he gave me the plain old 'festive season' timeline.

I also inquired about the unofficial bookings. He said that as of now, no dealer is authorized to take any bookings of the Vehicle unless Mahindra says so, which is very much in line with what my dealer friend said. In any case, he said that dealers have no special power to hasten the process by taking unofficial bookings.

As far as the rumors are concerned, Autocar has been reliable about every information that they've given regarding this vehicle (Read launch, 200bhp engine among others). And as per them the bookings will begin Mid-September and the deliveries to begin in October. So given that they've been this reliable about the process, we can see this as the most probable timeline.

Cheers!!

Last edited by Moto_Bear : 27th August 2021 at 17:10. Reason: Typographical error
Moto_Bear is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 17:23   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Have people who registered on the website for the XUV700 started getting calls from dealers? I've registered twice, but no revert as yet. Want the base diesel version, but there's just no info available. Can't book online either. Any idea when M&M is going to start official bookings? Thanks in advance.
I had registered multiple times, but haven't got a single call till date. I have also been sending WhatsApp messages to my Dealer Manager, but he was not responding at all. Today I went to their showroom with my Cheque book. Dealer said that they have been asked to be tight lipped about anything and everything about XUV 700. I believe they too do not have a single additional information, other than what is being discussed in public forums. I had earlier forwarded the booking receipt for an XUV 700. He showed me a WhatsApp message which said that the particular dealer has been fined 10 lakhs by M&M (not sure how true this is). He also showed me an invite (Zoom meeting) which was for an interview by someone in M&M to see if this dealer can be qualified for XUV 700 training.

He finally said that bookings might open from Oct 2nd and he promised that I will be one of the first bookings that he will be updating in the system. He has asked me to finalize the model, color and also share my Aadhar card and PAN card details. He said that they will collect the booking amount only after an official communication from M&M. He was also saying that there would be some interior re-modification with the new M&M logo before the display vehicle arrives in the showroom (no date though he could commit on).

Last edited by MukundanMK : 27th August 2021 at 17:30.
MukundanMK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 18:33   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargav7 View Post
From the videos and images I could see, it appears that there is no three-point seat belt for the rear middle passenger. I am not sure why it is not highlighted by any of the reviewers.
That was the first thing my colleagues and I noticed about this. While it has fantastic specs and features, even with all the boron steel and structural strength, sudden deceleration as in a collision with a lap belt is going to have consequences. Besides, while mentioning the insane high speeds casually talked about, they should differentiate between a test track and real road situation.
My worst nightmare is of our own unsavoury class with flags on their bonnet, bullying and driving everyone off their path, migrating to this vehicle.
Duckdoc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 21:26   #500
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
From the videos and images I could see, it appears that there is no three-point seat belt for the rear middle passenger. I am not sure why it is not highlighted by any of the reviewers. For a car claiming to have focused a lot on safety, it is ironic that they missed a simple, low cost but highly important component. That said, it is not surprising as Mahindra has deleted this feature from XUV500.

As of now, I guess only hector offers three-point seat belts to all passengers in this segment. Compass, Safari and Harrier do not offer them as well.
There has to be a chassis fixture to which the high-anchor-point of a seatbelt has to attach to. If it's a sedan, there would be a cross-member at the base of the C pillar (right behind the rear passenger's heads) on top of which the rear parcel tray sits. This structure can be used as the high-anchor for the middle 3-point seat belt. However, if it's a hatchback/estate/SUV, such a structure is absent. So where will the seatbelt come from ? the roof ?
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 21:45   #501
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
So where will the seatbelt come from ? the roof ?
Yes, in some cars it does come from the roof like Toyota RAV4, some have it through their seat like Volvo and XUV3OO (which was deleted).

Mahindra XUV700 Review-centerseatbeltstowed.jpg
Toyota RAV4

Mahindra XUV700 Review-5.jpg
Volvo.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20210827215149.jpg
XUV3OO

Last edited by BoneCollector : 27th August 2021 at 21:52.
BoneCollector is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 23:00   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Have people who registered on the website for the XUV700 started getting calls from dealers? I've registered twice, but no revert as yet. Want the base diesel version, but there's just no info available. Can't book online either. Any idea when M&M is going to start official bookings?
Have registered my interest multiple times on the XUV 700 website but only received the customary acknowledgement texts. No calls as yet. Also, spoke to NBS International dealer at Chowpatty and they are absolutely tight lipped about everything still. Wouldn't even give me a proper response to basic questions about models etc. As of right now, the most credible info floating around is definitely that the bookings will open around mid-September and deliveries will happen from 2nd October. Let's hope that's a realistic enough timeline.
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 23:54   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
He finally said that bookings might open from Oct 2nd and he promised that I will be one of the first bookings that he will be updating in the system.
With this amount of interest, you will not only be the first one to book, you will be very first one to get delivery of the vehicle
bwildrd#1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 08:20   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwildrd#1 View Post
With this amount of interest, you will not only be the first one to book, you will be very first one to get delivery of the vehicle
LOL… I honestly don’t mind that. I am aware of the risk I would be taking and being an XUV 500 owner for almost 9 years now, I am satisfied with the vehicle, as well as the ASS.

I am offering M&M a free guinea pig service!
MukundanMK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 08:54   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While I don't justify Mahindra skimping on the 3 point seatbelt, it's equally frightening to know that a good portion of rear seat passengers believe on the front occupants need to buckle up ( in some cases even the front one's don't).
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 09:59   #506
BHPian

Quote:
I registered multiple times but never got a call except for the regular text messages acknowledging the registration. I called a dealer asking about bookings and he too confirmed that they are not taking any bookings but they might start towards the end of September with deliveries starting during festive season. He also said that they don't have full details on the features of different variants. He just replied that he will make a note of the details and contact as soon as he has some updates about the car.
ramsudhir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 10:40   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwildrd#1 View Post
Seems like AX5 will too miss out on cruise control. No switches could be located on right side of steering wheel and the steering wheel looks similar to AX3's from the official teaser video.
These seem to be test (or demo) vehicles already manufactured on a smaller scale. The production vehicles may have different combination of features or specs, and Mahindra did not release the comprehensive list of features per variant yet. I really hope Mahindra provides regular cruise control in AX3 onwards, definitely so with AX5, in manual as well as AT variants. And AX7 AT or higher variants can have adaptive cruise controls.

I am so used to cruise controls, that I cannot imagine myself driving a car without cruise control on highways. Also physical controls for volume and AC, audio/phone controls on steering wheels, rear parking assist and provision door speakers for with wiring (ideally a good music system) are required. Core safety features (ABS/EBD, Airbags etc) are a must, and are anyways required by law now.

I am really concerned about the long-term reliability of excessive amount of electronics and sensors, those android/apple/alexa and connected car features, and software based features that use touch screens etc. And that's why I usually avoid top variants.

I dont care if vehicle doesnt provide warning if some light bulb has failed, horn/wiper/window glass regulator failed (CANBUS everywhere), as I will easily detect such failures during operation, driving or regular inspection.

However, I certainly would like to see reliable impact sensors and working air bags, whole engine and transmission system, and reliable fuel level sensors. All connectors, physical switches, sensors and electric motors must be dust and water proof and electronic boards have IP67 or better housing, that comply with the specs till atleast 15 years of regular use.
Pulse500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 13:27   #508
BHPian

Look what turned up in my apartment complex today !!. One of the tenants works for M&M and he is offering test drives to the residents !!

The vehicle looks similar to XUV5OO. Slightly longer and shorter. 3rd-row seats are very cramped.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-1st.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-2nd.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20210828wa0009.jpg  

chennai-indian is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 13:52   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
Look what turned up in my apartment complex today !!. One of the tenants works for M&M and he is offering test drives to the residents !!

The vehicle looks similar to XUV5OO. Slightly longer and shorter. 3rd-row seats are very cramped.
So you mean that 3rd row is better in XUV500 than XUV700?
I like Xuv500 only because of 3rd row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Yes, in some cars it does come from the roof like Toyota RAV4, some have it through their seat like Volvo and XUV3OO (which was deleted).

Someone Installed 3 Point Seatbelt later on in XUV300.

Last edited by rpmmachine : 28th August 2021 at 13:54. Reason: Updated
Old 28th August 2021, 16:50   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
So you mean that 3rd row is better in XUV500 than XUV700?
I like Xuv500 only because of 3rd row.

Someone Installed 3 Point Seatbelt later on in XUV300.
Looks about the same - I was expecting more than XUV 500 chance my comment

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks