Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2023, 11:45   #331

Re: Hyundai i20 N Line Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBiscuit View Post
Attachment 2459870

I’m confused with respect to the mileage of my car, I tracked it using Fuelly app on a tank to tank basis and it gave me an approximate tank to tank range of 390-400 kms with an average of 9.8-10kmpl but the in car MID states a full tank range of 580-600 kms with an average of 11.5-11.8kmpl.
Why the large fluctuation? Can fellow n line dct owners share their fuel efficiency? It would really help me geta better understanding of the how and why if this rather large discrepancy.

A difference of 150-180kms on tank distance to empty isn’t small and it really scratches the corner of my brain in a rather annoying manner.

Attachment 2459871

I’ve still been getting just 300kms out of a full tank that indicates 600kms as per the MID.

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-img_6087.png
Old 7th July 2023, 22:36   #332

@pepega

Thanks for the good wishes, they’re much appreciated

Have been enjoying the drive last few days and have ignored the Taigun and Slavia in the garage for the i20 Nline. Find it quite nimble in traffic and picks up speed quite fast while on the move but I’m not too sure if the car has a drinking problem.

The digital average display and the actual fuel consumed from tankful to empty don’t add up for some reason.

The Bose sound is also a notch above specially with music from iTunes and Spotify. Crisp clear sound without any jarring but FM sound quality is a big let down.

But I guess it’s the size and convenience of the i20 that makes me prefer the hatch.
MrTsi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 10:36   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBiscuit View Post
I’ve still been getting just 300kms out of a full tank that indicates 600kms as per the MID.

Attachment 2472794
Hey. Don't worry - the distance to empty on this car is a work of fiction It is not even close to the actual figures. Don't fall for it, the range falls disproportionately as well. a 10km trip will reduce the range by 20km for instance.

A full tank (~33L) gives it a 'displayed' range of 600+ km but you will realistically do 320-330km before the reserve light comes on. Mileage is realistically almost 10 km/l in the city. Not sure what highway numbers are yet.

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-whatsapp-image-20230708-10.34.17-am.jpeg
promit is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 18:06   #334
MCR
BHPian

We took the test drive of i20 N-Line at Pavan Hyundai yesterday afternoon.

We will soon be selling off Grand i10 Nios which my wife has been using for the last few years (Since Oct'21).

Reason : I am eligible for a company car.

We initially thought of keeping the Grandi10 Nios as well, but I was against a 3 car garage. Neither my FIL nor my Father were interested to keep it either.

Now back to the test drive, I could feel the 3-Cylinder thrum on the entire chassis of the car. It was very perceptible. Me and my wife could get our favorite driving positions without much fiddling. The initial movement was slow considering that Turbo was yet to kick-in. Once the turbo kicked in the car literally flew. It was fun to drive.

However, we drove extensively in traffic (that's what my wife does ) and it was a bit jerky. We could also feel the floor board vibrate whenever we were crawling in the traffic. Also, the ride quality was stiff. My wife likes soft suspension set-up.

My wife also felt the interiors were claustrophobic. She said it felt as if the car was converging on her.

I enjoyed the quick speed rides but again was not impressed with the cars behavior in traffic. Its a car made for highway. We don't need a highway car since we have the Seltos for that.

Overall, it was an average experience. We decided to not consider the i20.

When in the showroom, my wife liked the seating position and airy feeling of the Exter a lot. The car it self was not available for a test drive as yet.

However, we will be driving the car next weekend. If me and my wife like it we will book the SX(O) DT - Smart Auto variant.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th July 2023 at 19:31. Reason: Typo / minor spacing
MCR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 09:39   #335
BHPian

Hi everyone,

I've been on the lookout for a quick and capable hatchback for city use for a while now and had narrowed it down to either a lightly used Honda Jazz or an i20.

After visiting my local spinny hub, found out they had a one year old i20 N Line N8 DCT available for 11.4L (Done 13k). After taking a test drive I was absolutely sold on it.

Now my only thought is, should I really buy a used i20 or should I pay the 2.5L diff and get a new one (budget isn't really a constraint). Secondly, do I wait a bit as it seems that the facelift might be around the corner and it might get ADAS as well as a couple of other tweaks that would be good to have.
kapi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 12:31   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapi View Post
Now my only thought is, should I really buy a used i20 or should I pay the 2.5L diff and get a new one (budget isn't really a constraint).
The N Lines with DCT are technically complex cars, and if budget is not a constraint, please do go ahead with a brand new car as we can never be certain about the use/abuse a used car has been subjected to.
Wageabond is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 13:13   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestrok View Post

I went with Pilot sport 4 205/50 r16. I can’t say I minded the original tyres too much but I was told it was a worthwhile upgrade. And it was. The main difference being how planted the car felt after the change.
How is the car doing with the "downsize,"; I am thinking of going with lower profile tyres as well?
johy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 00:50   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
How is the car doing with the "downsize,"; I am thinking of going with lower profile tyres as well?
No. I would recommend 195-55R16 Michelin Primacy 4ST for the i20 N-Line. I replaced the CEAT stock tires with these and I have to say that these are definitely more planted and provide a better steering feel.
cybergeek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 19:15   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
Will there be a market for after market power upgrades? To make it an actual hot hatch from a warm one..
I think people have already started doing it. There is a video on YouTube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRain View Post
Sound system is decent and has some base (Baby shark)
Quote:
Sound system is Bose? It’s nothing great
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTsi View Post
The Bose sound is also a notch above specially with music from iTunes and Spotify. Crisp clear sound without any jarring but FM sound quality is a big let down.
Looks like mixed reviews of the Bose Audio. I tried it out in the regulat i20 Turbo before the N-Line was launched. Well it's not a real audiophile system but still a very good unit IMO. Again it depends how you have set it up, the source of the music and the genre of music.

@MrTsi and pepega: Great to know that there are 2 Goa BHPians with i20 N-Lines. The car seems to have sold pretty well. I had shortlisted the car despite have booked the Nexon EV. The delivery was getting delayed but they finally delivered just before I could cancel the Nexon EV and pick up the i20 N-Line. If the right car comes up in the used market, you never know. I'm on the lookout for a project car. Currently the Polo GT TSI and Laura TSI are on top of the list.
Old 13th August 2023, 22:46   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
We took the test drive of i20 N-Line at Pavan Hyundai yesterday afternoon.

However, we will be driving the car next weekend. If me and my wife like it we will book the SX(O) DT - Smart Auto variant.
If you are considering a 1.2L NA automatic, Baleno AGS may be a good consideration, if you haven’t ruled it out already.

I recently drove my aunt’s new Baleno AGS and in fact even on the hills and highways, the car has good drive experience overall. The only situation it lost points for on an almost 40 degree incline up with 70% filled boot and 4 people in the car. We started from stationary position on the incline with the AC on, and thus lack of momentum did not let us move initially. Apart from that, in the entire trip to Musoorie, I did not feel the car lacked much. I am not a big Maruti fan, but having driven our family Baleno since 2016, I felt the drive was significantly smoother and handling inspired better confidence. Only con remaining with AGS is the notable head jerk, noted only on rapid acceleration from 2nd to 3rd gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybergeek View Post
No. I would recommend 195-55R16 Michelin Primacy 4ST for the i20 N-Line. I replaced the CEAT stock tires with these and I have to say that these are definitely more planted and provide a better steering feel.
My stock CEAT on the front passenger side gave up for no clear reason. I don’t do off roading or high speeds as such, super careful on potholes/rough roads because of the already stiff suspension. Neither had the car seen a major thud till now.
Still I noticed a tyre bulge on the last routine tyre pressure check. Only use Nitrogen.
Lodged a ticket with CEATAssist helpline on Friday when I noticed it, a person will reach to help with the warranty claim.

I am also planning on making the switch to Primacy Sport series at 35-40k. Cornering on mid speeds and on light bends with even slight gravel, the reduction of grip is noticeable. I have read about Primacies on a number of owner answers now so I am keeping them on the list.

Last edited by Sheel : 17th August 2023 at 15:38. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
SixPistons is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 10:55   #341

Hi,
I recently purchased the N8 DCT and couldn't be happier with the car. But I have a few niggles that I want to make sure are not just my OCD for everything being perfect.

- The headlights seem to be dull compared to other cars in this range. Is it just me or do the rest also see this as an issue?
- Underbody protection - Yes or No?
- XP95 of Shell Vpower?

Any advice here will be highly appreciated.
wrenchmonkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 14:56   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenchmonkey View Post
Hi,

- The headlights seem to be dull compared to other cars in this range. Is it just me or do the rest also see this as an issue?
- Underbody protection - Yes or No?
- XP95 of Shell Vpower?

Any advice here will be highly appreciated.
Congratulations. I wish you great times with the hot mean machine.

- I felt headlights were adequately bright but angled a bit strangely. Even the highest angle is a bit low for my preference.
- Did you mean underbody rubber coating or anti-rust coating?
- I didn't observe any notable difference except slightly quicker and less grunty response on the XP95 from Indian Oil. Many people here on the forum have talked about the TGDI's likeness for XP95. As of now, I am sticking to standard Petrol from COCO Outlets and fill it up when I see the fuel marker 3/4ths through. If I am right, generally, for high-octane fuel to be relevant, the engine must be of a high compression ratio. The 1.0 TGDi Engine does not have as high a compression ratio to make high octane fuel relevant.
Old 17th August 2023, 22:01   #343

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPistons View Post
Congratulations. I wish you great times with the hot mean machine.

- I felt headlights were adequately bright but angled a bit strangely. Even the highest angle is a bit low for my preference.
- Did you mean underbody rubber coating or anti-rust coating?
- I didn't observe any notable difference except slightly quicker and less grunty response on the XP95 from Indian Oil. Many people here on the forum have talked about the TGDI's likeness for XP95. As of now, I am sticking to standard Petrol from COCO Outlets and fill it up when I see the fuel marker 3/4ths through. If I am right, generally, for high-octane fuel to be relevant, the engine must be of a high compression ratio. The 1.0 TGDi Engine does not have as high a compression ratio to make high octane fuel relevant.

Thank you so much. The headlights might just be my gripe, then.
The dealer was trying to push under body protection as an add on which I refused. I was wondering if it is something that's necessary, whether it's rubber or anti-rust coating. I ask because Bangalore's roads are just constantly terraforming.
Thanks again for the quick reply. Much appreciated.
wrenchmonkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 07:31   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenchmonkey View Post
Thank you so much. The headlights might just be my gripe, then.
The dealer was trying to push under body protection as an add on which I refused. I was wondering if it is something that's necessary, whether it's rubber or anti-rust coating. I ask because Bangalore's roads are just constantly terraforming.
Thanks again for the quick reply. Much appreciated.
While under body protection is a must do in humid coastal places, I believe it's useful in Bangalore (specially if you are planning to hold on to the car for long time).
It is true that car manufacturers use material that provides some level of protection under body, the problem is that in Bangalore you have a deadly combination of water filled pot holes + flying debris on the road. This debris can cause scratches and thus expose the metal underneath, which then in turn become victim to mud/sludge from potholes.

My 2 cents: you don't need under body protection on day 1. Take dealers quote, get quote also from reliable 3rd parties like 3M and Turtlewax, or anyone else you trust. Go for the option that looks best to you. Just make sure that car gets a good wash and is dried thoroughly before underbody protection is applied. I got this done at Turtlewax Sarjapura Road and I was very pleased the way this was done right in front of me.
HarshVShrotriya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 02:16   #345
BHPian

Lately the road noise and debris sound from the underbody is unnerving. I can hear and feel everything on the road and sometimes feel like I am in a battlefield. The excessively hard tyres are not fun either, though, due to the missing wheel well cladding.

Has someone found a solution to the missing wheel well cladding problem on any i20 of this generation? Boodmo/Google searches have turned up empty on this matter.

I am in Delhi so I skipped on underbody protection. Now I am thinking to get it in a bid to reduce the road noise at least. I have been recommended 3M’s underbody rust protection, 3 year and 5 year variants. Can’t make out whether it is practically any use to reduce the road noise. Don’t want to get anti rust coating and then put something to dampen the road noise. Doesn’t sound smart.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks