Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2022, 10:53   #241

Re: Hyundai i20 N Line Review

So finally, the car has been billed and can be delivered in a week. Got the final quote and dealer is quoting an insurance amount of 45.7k for full cover. Quickly checked Acko and am getting it at 18k+ GST. Dealership has also quoted 3.7k under Temporary Registration! The total on the invoice comes to 14.99L without extended warranty. With the recent spate of Fuel Injector failures etc, no way am I proceeding without that ext. warranty.

I have asked for revisions to get it down to 14.6L (removing essentials kit of 5k, updating insurance from 45 to 22k, reducing TR charges from 3.7 to 2k, etc).

Waiting to see what they respond with. I am very willing to walk away even if we may be in a seller's market.
ascension is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 12:41   #242
BHPian

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfNzeFdP..._web_copy_link

Guys, sharing this post from Instragram; the guy has taken the NLine DCT to Chicham bridge. I think it would be fair to say the car is reliable with enough power.

Last edited by Axe77 : 17th July 2022 at 04:10. Reason: Fixed a typo.
Old 15th July 2022, 00:09   #243
BHPian

I have booked the i20 N line IMT for my wife. Delivery is committed around 20th August. This is going to be my second IMT in the house as I myself drive a Kia Sonet IMT with which I am more than satisfied. Although I wanted to enquire about a few things w.r.t to i20 n line IMT.

1) What is the expected mileage of this particular variant ( I am already getting around 9-10 with my sonet imt which is acceptable for me )
2) Is the car reliable, has anyone faced any issues or breakdowns or any errors popping up ( particularly in the imt )
3) Have already read about the turbo lag in last few posts, is it noticeable enough to be a hindrance while driving ?
Old 16th July 2022, 15:25   #244

Hi Guys, does anyone know the price of Nline alloy wheels?
Old 18th July 2022, 11:31   #245
BHPian

Quote:
3) Have already read about the turbo lag in last few posts, is it noticeable enough to be a hindrance while driving ?
I have the DCT variant, and the turbo lag is definitely present. I wouldn't call it a hinderance, but it took me a while to adjust as I was coming from a naturally aspirated engine. In Bangalore city traffic, this lag is livable because the engine has enough grunt sans the turbo.
Wageabond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 16:53   #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestrok View Post
Here you go kind sir: https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=uSxZ10uvvOU

I will send some pictures later, kinda tied up with for a few days.
Dear icestrok, please share the charges you paid for the camera. Thanks

Last edited by Aditya : 31st July 2022 at 04:56. Reason: Missing word
Old 3rd August 2022, 15:59   #247
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

I am in the market for a replacement of my 100k+, 2012 Honda BRIO. My primary ride is an Endevaour 4x2 AT; the BRIO was mostly driver driven and used for school drops and other local errands.

Considerations:

1. No compromise on the 'basic' safety, comfort and convenience factors. But it doesn't need all the bells and whistles such as ADAS, Lane Departure Warning and ++.

2. Good ground clearance and road presence coexist with bad roads and rude drivers.

3. Extend the life of my Endeavour. Something smaller but a sporty & enthusiastic AT that would suit a 6footer with a large build.

4. No Tata, Mahindra, MG

To begin with, I was all over the place; test driving Jeep Compass and D-Max V Cross. I was eagerly reading every update on the new Tuscan launch. It went to the extent that I got myself confused if I was looking for a replacement of my Brio or my Endeavour . Sorry about the rambling!

I've now zeroed in on 3-options:

1. Hyundai i20 N line N8 DCT ~14L

It looks sophisticated both on the inside and on the outside. It seems sporty and recently updated. Once challenge is I am not sure how good is the i20 in bad roads

2. Toyota Urban Cruiser High/ Premium AT ~ 14L (before discount)

It seems value for money. I understand Toyota will discontinue Urban Cruiser soon, but with 5 Year/ 150k extended warranty, I am guessing Toyota will continue to support the model. I see no point in waiting for the Toyota Hyryder; seeing what's happening in the last few months, the Hyryder will be at least 30% more expensive.

3. Used Isuzu D-Max V Cross (6 months old, 25k on the odo @ 22.75L) - Damn! That love for the pick-up.

I know these are not equivalent cars, but these are the only options I see fitting into my parameters.

What are your thoughts?

Ps: Dear Mods, I've also posted the same note on the Toyota Urban Cruiser Thread. If this is against the policies, please delete this post.
Old 3rd August 2022, 17:52   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioAbraham View Post

1. No compromise on the 'basic' safety, comfort and convenience factors. But it doesn't need all the bells and whistles such as ADAS, Lane Departure Warning and ++.
The 2 airbag version of the i20 scores a 3 star crash safety rating for adult and child occupants alike. Top of the line N8 DCT gets 6 airbags, ESP, and hill-hold, however, I don't expect it to be structurally different from the one which was tested by GNCAP with 2 airbags. Having driven the car for 9 months, I would say that the build quality leaves a lot to be desired. There have been no rattles or lose parts so far, but just the overall build quality, paint job, and feel tells me that it won't age the same way my Ritz did if I drive it with gay abandon.

TL;DR - skip N Line/i20 on your criteria #1.
Wageabond is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 08:03   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wageabond View Post
There have been no rattles or lose parts so far, but just the overall build quality, paint job, and feel tells me that it won't age the same way my Ritz did if I drive it with gay abandon.
Thank you Wageabond. I hear you; I had a Verna a few years back and I had similar feeling. There was nothing wrong with that car but after a couple of years I realised I can’t push it too much.
Old 6th August 2022, 05:41   #250
BHPian

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioAbraham View Post
Hello BHPians,
It seems value for money. I understand Toyota will discontinue Urban Cruiser soon, but with 5 Year/ 150k extended warranty, I am guessing Toyota will continue to support the model. I see no point in waiting for the Toyota Hyryder; seeing what's happening in the last few months, the Hyryder will be at least 30% more expensive.
I was in the same dilemma as you and ended up buying a Skoda Kushaq. At 14L, you would get the 1.0 TSI in both Skoda and Volkswagen also check out Nissan Magnite as well as you can get the top end for 11L on road.

Last edited by Sheel : 6th August 2022 at 09:20. Reason: MOD NOTE ATTACHED.
dheer4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 09:50   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheer4 View Post
I was in the same dilemma as you and ended up buying a Skoda Kushaq. At 14L, you would get the 1.0 TSI in both Skoda and Volkswagen also check out Nissan Magnite as well as you can get the top end for 11L on road.
Thank you, Dheer. I haven’t checked out the Khusaq and Magnite, yet. Will do this week. While I’m not a fan of the Nexon, I’m also considering the Dark edition.
Old 6th September 2022, 00:13   #252
BHPian

Hello BHPians,
I have booked a i20 n line N8 DCT. I am planning to upgrade the tyres on the delivery date itself. Should I go for fatter rubber or stick to the original size? Also, what are some good brands to upgrade? Need your suggestions.
Thanks in advance
Happy Motoring!!!
Old 6th September 2022, 01:30   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivingNirvana View Post
Hello BHPians,
I have booked a i20 n line N8 DCT. I am planning to upgrade the tyres on the delivery date itself. Should I go for fatter rubber or stick to the original size? Also, what are some good brands to upgrade? Need your suggestions.
Thanks in advance
Happy Motoring!!!
I would suggest go for MRF PERFINZA. I have them on my Polo GT, extremely satisfied with results.

Many Bhpians have them even on their luxury cars. They are the cheapest soft rubbers one can buy with performance comparable to any international brand.

Check out the link below
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...nza-tyres.html (Review: MRF Perfinza Tyres)

Last edited by Indepth : 6th September 2022 at 01:33. Reason: paraphrasing
Indepth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 12:41   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivingNirvana View Post
Hello BHPians,
Thanks in advance
Happy Motoring!!!

I'd personally recommend the Yokohama/Pirelli/Continental. I have always updated my car's to these brands when it comes to better comfort and drive quality.
aamishdhingra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 11:09   #255

Found this video confirming my impressions on the i20 N Line .

Ajay Sengupta is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks