Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2023, 11:44   #361
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 N Line Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
it still takes up some 40% of the screen to display "Android Auto" and uses only about 60% of the screen to display Google maps. Wonder if it's a bug or needs a software update...
Strange
I will share a snapshot of my settings here for comparison, mine is working perfect at the moment.

Quote:
On an unrelated note: "S" mode or in manual using paddles is the perfect way to use this car. It's tempting to use it in "S" most of the time.
I would agree. In fact, some times I found it fits city drive better and even gave me better mileage in some situations.

Not to spoil the fun, only caveat with that is how that would end up eating the clutch life for both clutches, because many of those paddle shifts will not be optimised. We would always engage in some sort of clutch riding.

Hope you have opted for maximum extended warranty, in order to enjoy the S Mode. I don’t often drive like that, I’ve used it only a handful of times.

If not, go for max extended warranty while you still can.
Old 30th October 2023, 10:27   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPistons View Post
There is an option in the car infotainment settings to use entire screen for CarPlay/AndroidAuto. I used it in half screen mode for a few months until in September I realised this was customisable.
On the pre facelift N Line/regular i20, only Apple CarPlay works in full screen mode and Android Auto sticks to using only 7 inches of the screen no matter what we do with the settings.

The facelift i20 with the updated BlueLink UI supports full screen mode for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay alike.

Have tried all possible fiddling with the Android Auto developer options but to no avail. I guess the pre facelift N Line doesn't support full screen for Android Auto

Last edited by suhaas307 : 30th October 2023 at 12:55. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Aejaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 17:13   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree83 View Post
Hi all. I recently purchased the N8 DCT. I have got a query with respect to the infotainment system. While using android auto only half of the screen is being utilised. The google map is also shown in half. Unable to go full screen. Is there any setting that needs to be changed to get it in full screen?Also I have noticed the display resolution is not that great while using android auto. Hope the issue has some solution. Thanks.
As far as I know, this is the implementation from Android and had nothing to do with i20 infotainment. Android auto supports a maximum of 7 inch display and thus shows clock or just android auto written on the remaining area.
You can however configure the section to see apps other than map on the 7 inch area.
I've configured it to show Youtube music in 40% area and google maps in 60% area.
Of the 40% area, it also vertically splits to show other notifications or call deatils at times.

Quote:
There is an option in the car infotainment settings to use entire screen for CarPlay/AndroidAuto. I used it in half screen mode for a few months until in September I realised this was customisable.
Quote:
Strange
I will share a snapshot of my settings here for comparison, mine is working perfect at the moment.
Really curious to know if there is a setting for this. Please do share the steps and final result. As far as I know, on a 10 inch wide screen, Android auto only covers around 7 inch and remaining is for us to configure.
rAijin_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 00:54   #364
BHPian

I can vouch that google maps works on full screen.

once the route has been set on google maps, press the google maps icon on the right side again to go into the full screen mode.
Old 12th November 2023, 10:30   #365

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
I can vouch that google maps works on full screen.

once the route has been set on google maps, press the google maps icon on the right side again to go into the full screen mode.
Could you share a screenshot?? Which shows Android auto on full 10 inch screen. It would help if you show us steps as well. Thanks. Whatever I have tried I get Android auto only on 7 inches of the screen. It doesn't take up the whole screen. Apple carplay works fine.
On the facelift N Line with the updated BlueLink UI, Android Auto utilises the whole 10 inch screen.

Mod Note : u = you. Chat and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.
We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 9th December 2023 at 09:42. Reason: Mod note attached.
Aejaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 14:12   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aejaz View Post
Could u share a screenshot?? Which shows Android auto on full 10 inch screen. It would help if u show us steps as well. Thanks. Whatever I have tried I get Android auto only on 7 inches of the screen. It doesn't take up the whole screen. Apple carplay works fine.
On the facelift N Line with the updated BlueLink UI, Android Auto utilises the whole 10 inch screen.
Sure I can post a screenshot or a video. It will take a week though as am out of the country.
callmeneo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 16:57   #367
BHPian

Hello everyone,

Planning to buy an N8 DCT early 2024. The reviews from the owners on the headlamps are a concern for me. Any upgrades that can be done without voiding the warranty?
Old 28th November 2023, 21:55   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Hello everyone,

Planning to buy an N8 DCT early 2024. The reviews from the owners on the headlamps are a concern for me. Any upgrades that can be done without voiding the warranty?
The headlights of N8 are above average for low beam and average for high beam. The main problem with high beam is that it is not high enough even with the maximum headlight level setting.

Having said that, it is not at all a concern unless you would be doing a lot of night drives on dark highways. It is still one of the best stock headlights in the segment if not the best.

Regarding upgrade, I don't think it is required. Any plug and play headlight setup or just higher brightness/watt bulb should be good enough and not void warranty.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 15th December 2023 at 08:24. Reason: Spacing for readability
rAijin_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 23:08   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Hello everyone,

Coincidently, I am just coming from a fairly long night drive in a friend's new i20. The low beam is good, but only when it's dark. The high beam is barely usable against halogens. Typical LED throw where it gets washed out against powerful halogen beams. If you're going to do a lot of night driving, I'd suggest you add some amber-colored aux lamps.
Amrit@wheels is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 23:30   #370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
Coincidently, I am just coming from a fairly long night drive in a friend's new i20. The low beam is good, but only when it's dark. The high beam is barely usable against halogens. Typical LED throw where it gets washed out against powerful halogen beams. If you're going to do a lot of night driving, I'd suggest you add some amber-colored aux lamps.
Your observations are spot on. Find it scary to drive during rains and on 2 lane traffic at night. Since my previous car had halogen set up I can really feel the difference between the two. Infact this is my first car with LED set up and certainly not happy with it. It's only useful to blind the oncoming traffic.
sree83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 12:29   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree83 View Post
Your observations are spot on. Find it scary to drive during rains and on 2 lane traffic at night. Since my previous car had halogen set up I can really feel the difference between the two. Infact this is my first car with LED set up and certainly not happy with it. It's only useful to blind the oncoming traffic.
Don't get disheartened, you can fix this by adding a pair of yellow lights. A pair of LED lights with amber filter can make quite a difference.
Old 9th December 2023, 01:52   #372
BHPian

Quote:
I found the setting for that but it doesn't seem to work. Turning off the split screen for Android auto doesn't seem to have any effect, it still takes up some 40% of the screen to display "Android Auto" and uses only about 60% of the screen to display Google maps. Wonder if it's a bug or needs a software update...

On an unrelated note: "S" mode or in manual using paddles is the perfect way to use this car. It's tempting to use it in "S" most of the time.
The settings I had configured corresponded to these from the main i20 Review Thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5152754 (Hyundai i20 Review)

Apple CarPlay Settings (Hyundai i20 Review)

You should check this out.

On an unrelated note, my i20 has been showing condensation inside one of the HeadLight Units lately. This has become more pronounced in winters. Given the car is barely 9 months old since I got it, this seems off. I noticed it on the right headlight assembly, left seemed okay though.

Is this fine or should I get this checked? Attaching photos for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 N Line Review-img_5016.jpeg  

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-img_5017.jpeg  

Old 13th December 2023, 12:07   #373
BHPian

@sixPistons No harm in getting in checked out, but I too had a similar problem on a couple of occasions and it was not a problem, the service centre folks said the same thing as well.

So I’ve completed my 2 year ownership of the car, I can safely say that I love her , I really do. There were two specific concerns for me:
1) Fuel pump failure : This happened once, last year. Have not had an issue post that.
2) Low visibility at night, I switched out the default fog lamps for more powerful lights. I also wanted to do the same for the headlights but it’s sadly an integrated unit on the top model.

I’m just in love with the driving dynamics of this car, switching over to PS4 was a good decision for me. Unfortunately I have not taken a long road trip this year, which is a shame but hopefully I’ll have more time next year. At this point, I don’t feel the need to do further improvements other than maybe some performance upgrades which is on my roadmap for 2024. Hope everyone has a good holiday season.
icestrok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 20:26   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestrok View Post
@sixPistons No harm in getting in checked out, but I too had a similar problem on a couple of occasions and it was not a problem, the service centre folks said the same thing as well.

2) Low visibility at night,

I’m just in love with the driving dynamics of this car, switching over to PS4 was a good decision for me. Unfortunately I have not taken a long road trip this year, which is a shame but hopefully I’ll have more time next year. At this point, I don’t feel the need to do further improvements other than maybe some performance upgrades which is on my roadmap for 2024. Hope everyone has a good holiday season.
Thanks, I showed these images to the service manager when I visited ASC for the wiper change. I got the same response.

Agreed on the fog lamp visibility part. Which lights did you switch to?

Tyre change is something I wish I had changed on day 01. I will do it at 35-40k now. SecuraDrives make too much noise and give too little grip.

Last edited by SixPistons : 14th December 2023 at 20:28.
Old 20th December 2023, 15:50   #375

2 Years Ownership Experience with the Hyundai i20 N-Line N8 IMT

My previous 1 Year Ownership Experience Post (Hyundai i20 N Line Review)

The White Pearl completed 2 years with me on December 10th, 2023. If you ask me how the experience with it was. I would say “Nothing short of bliss”. I have clocked a little over 15,000 kms on it. 3 free services completed till date and a few repairs here and there. A few more issues still pending to be sorted. I will divide this post into series of sub-sections for better readability and understanding.

1. Overall Experience
Like I said above, the experience of owning this beauty for me was nothing short of bliss. As my own first car it had everything I could ask for. The power for my driving style, the tech gigs, the features, the comfort and more. It has been reliable beauty through these 2 years without major issues and niggles to worry about. I hope it stays the same in the long run.

2. Engine, Transmission & Dynamics
  • Engine and the IMT transmission have served me well. The engine has retained the same smoothness as when I brought it home. I regularly clean the AC filter and the Air Filter to keep the performance of both engine and AC in almost optimal condition and recently changed both in the 3rd Service.
  • I had done a trip to Ooty this year and the engine performed well with 4 people and boot full of luggage. There was no major lag if engine was engaged in the correct gear. It had left with a grin on my face throughout the trip (may be separate travelogue post for that).
  • The transmission has given me no major issues as such. It is smooth and well gated and no erratic behaviour from the IMT Intent sensor when engaging the clutch to change gears. In my last update I had mentioned about a glitch in the IMT in 3rd gear about sudden rev drop when shifting from 2nd gear to 3rd, that issue continues but then again it happens like 1 – 2 in 100 times. Overall the IMT has kept me happy, its not fast shifting like an actual manual but the real time need for it is less in every day driving. Spirited driving, yes I do miss it sometimes but that’s just it.
  • The stock Ceat SecuraDrive tyres are also aging well. The grip of the tyres have been holding good till date. There has been no air leakage or sidewall bulging or unnecessary punctures (actually there has been no puncture till date – touch wood for that). The tyre pressure I maintain is around 33 – 35 psi Nitrogen in cold tyres. The TPMS is working good and accurately.
3. Build Quality, Fit & Finish
In continuation to last year update, the experience has remained the same. Nothing major to complain here. The car has been holding up nicely in terms of aging in these 2 years. Not many rattles or squeaks from anything except the dashboard which I had mentioned my last year update also. It’s not as great built like the Skoda Rapid or Tata Altroz which I felt has far less rattles when going over bad roads, stone paved roads (like the ones we find on some driveways to malls/offices) or somewhat bigger rumble strips when driven around the same speed.

4. Fuel Efficiency/Mileage
After clocking 8,000 kms, the mileage figures have been remaining somewhat steady now at constant 10 – 12 kmpl in the city with occasionally shooting to 14 kmpl when I throw in a bit of highway driving in it. 90% of the time, the AC was ON. I did try XP95 petrol twice or thrice but no major difference in the mileage figures but the acceleration in the first 3 gears were a bit smoother, after that switched back to normal 91 Octane Regular Petrol.
This year I did one long trip from Hyderabad – Mysore – Ooty and back clocking a little over 2000 kms, that trip the car returned an average mileage of 16.5 kmpl measured with tank-to-tank methods. That involved city, highway and hill driving also.
Here are some fuel efficiency figures that I logged few months with tank-to-tank methods along with estimated tank range for each if continued with same efficiency figures.

(Ignore the first reading as that is the reference point at which I started to calculate the mileage, so no mileage figures for that.)

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-20231220-15_32document2-word.jpg

5. Hyundai ASC Experience
  • 3 Free Services gone through. 3rd recent service witnessed Engine Oil, Oil Filter, Air Filter & AC Filter change. I also opted for Wheel Balancing and alignment/Tyre Rotation as its 2 years now and car has run above 10k kms. The total invoice came to 4500 INR approx. inclusive of everything with no labour charge. During the start of the service only, I had instructed the supervisor to stick to these and no other changes except general inspection.
  • My go to ASS is Kun Hyundai Gachibowli in Hyderabad. I feel that is one of the better ones out there when it came to attending issues. But its not perfect also. Some of the supervisors are always in a hurry of delivering the vehicles. For example, I reported an issue of my right-side headlight fogging, he had noted the issue but did not attend it till delivery time, I had to remind him and then he looked into it.
6. Issues/Niggles
  • Right side headlight fogging which might require a dust cap replacement and if that doesn’t work out will have the whole assembly replaced under warranty.
  • The AC Mode actuator is making a jam kind of noise every time I switch the modes or while turning off the engine. I spoke with service supervisor, and he has agreed to replace it under warranty.
7. Damages
  • One RE Classic dashed from the rear while waiting at a signal, there was no immediate visible physical damage as such. But after some time once I drove the car for an hour or so, I noticed there is a rattling from the left rear side of the car, I checked the bumper, and it was sort of lose from the left side. I went to ASC to check; he said the clip of the bumper is broken and it would require a complete replacement of the bumper. What intrigued me is that due to this small clip from which the bumper is hanging, that broke and the whole bumper needs replacement which if I have to shell out will cost me some 14k INR. I now feel the designing of the bumper for fitting could have been better against small damages like this. But that would be just me then I feel.
  • Other incident involved my front windshield cracking due to a flying stone from a construction truck. The small crack soon developed into a big one and I had to replace the windshield. The insurance took care of it but the cost was around 7.5k INR.
8. Modifications (If any)
None, I am not into any after market modifications and like my car stock.

Here are some pics of the car from this year:

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-img_20231210_090223743.jpg
Hyundai i20 N Line Review-20231220-15_45clipboard.jpg

Feel free to reach me out for any queries.
Sportigo is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks