Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2024, 02:22   #376

Re: Hyundai i20 N Line Review

Also... if anyone else has noticed this - to shift from N to D you don't need to press the brake pedal at all, which came as a shocker for me as in my Polo GT there was the shift lock mechanism that required you to press the brake pedal to move to Drive. However in that also, once you started rolling downslope at above 10 kph you could shift without pressing the pedal. That's some party trick!

Now, in the N Line what I find surprising is that such a safety mechanism is missing! Heck, you don't even need to press the shift button!! Imagine, the lever moves accidentally to D, rear ending someone is not out of question! Thankfully

I invite my fellow BHPians to shed some light on this! Am I missing something here?

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-img20231218144741.jpg

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th January 2024 at 12:51. Reason: Please avoid typing...like...this...
Old 1st January 2024, 18:25   #377
BHPian

Here's wishing a Happy and Prosperous New Year to the wonderful people on this amazing forum.

Booked an N8 DCT in Atlas White today. Planning to take delivery before end of this month.

This is the first ride I am buying just to satisfy the driving enthusiast in me, without having to worry about any other "practicalities" and hence intend to enjoy this machine to its fullest capabilities .

I am planning to upgrade the OEM tyres right away with Conti UC 6 - 205/55 size. Any suggestions/feedback would be of great help.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th January 2024 at 12:51. Reason: minor spacing
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 13:08   #378
BHPian

Wishing all the fellow i20N owners a Very Happy New Year with loads of happy miles and memories!

Recently came back from a ~1500 kms family trip to my village in Goa in our N8 DCT Nline. Enjoyed every bit of the trip and it was a such a pleasure driving this beauty. Such a brilliant cruiser. And the car was fully loaded with 5 adults and 2 toddlers along with luggage for all and still the driving experience was simply amazing! Sharing few snaps and video from the trip.

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-img_1030.jpg

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-img_1389.jpg

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-img_1134.jpg

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-img_1136.jpg

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-img_1390.jpg

A short clip from the trip -

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1UmM...M0N2Q2NDBjYg==
Ketan_R15 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 14:20   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPistons View Post

On an unrelated note, my i20 has been showing condensation inside one of the HeadLight Units lately. This has become more pronounced in winters. Given the car is barely 9 months old since I got it, this seems off. I noticed it on the right headlight assembly, left seemed okay though.

Is this fine or should I get this checked? Attaching photos for reference.
I have had the same problem, and sadly, at this point, I have given up. My N Line is from the very first batch, and when I first encountered the condensation in a 'premium' hatch, I attributed it to quality and supply chain issues due to Covid. There are a few i20s from this generation (N Line and otherwise) in my locality, and all of them seem to be plagued with this problem. In fact, my neighbors bought an i10 last week, and even their car has condensation issues.

I guess Bangalore weather is to blame here
Old 9th January 2024, 22:32   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeographer84 View Post
Also... if anyone else has noticed this - to shift from N to D you don't need to press the brake pedal at all, which came as a shocker for me as in my Polo GT there was the shift lock mechanism that required you to press the brake pedal to move to Drive. However in that also, once you started rolling downslope at above 10 kph you could shift without pressing the pedal. That's some party trick!

Now, in the N Line what I find surprising is that such a safety mechanism is missing! Heck, you don't even need to press the shift button!! Imagine, the lever moves accidentally to D, rear ending someone is not out of question! Thankfully
I am not sure about Polo GT DSG. But in my Honda City (CVT), there is no need to press brake pedal for shifting between N and D mode. The brake pedal is required when you shift from P to N/D though. Also in most automatics (DCT and CVT) that I've driven, I've observed the same (i.e. brake pedal is not required from N to D).

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th January 2024 at 12:52. Reason: editing quoted post
Old 16th January 2024, 00:05   #381
BHPian

A drive on foggy morning on Pongal from Bangalore to Sree Saravana Bhavan before the Krishnagiri toll took me by surprise when the car's mileage reading touched 20.4 kmpl for the first time ever. For all the cars I've owned, this was a first for me. Maintained a constant 80-100 kmph with a progressive speed increase instead of instant acceleration. The car also was smooth and literally purring for the ride to the restaurant
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 N Line Review-20240115_091623.jpg  

Grand Tourer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 01:16   #382
BHPian

Bought the n8 dCT a couple of weeks ago.

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-img_0142.jpg

I've been facing an issue where the boot doesn't close very easily. You need to shut the boot lid with force for some reason. Has anyone else faced this issue?

Last edited by vb-saan : 17th January 2024 at 07:24. Reason: Typos
Old 17th January 2024, 10:59   #383

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanski View Post
Bought the n8 dCT a couple of weeks ago.

I've been facing an issue where the boot doesn't close very easily. You need to shut the boot lid with force for some reason. Has anyone else faced this issue?
Yes, I bought a facelift I20 N-line N8 manual and have been facing the same issue. I had opened the boot during pdi and it seems it did not close properly and when I took delivery the next day and drove it, the car warned me of the boot being open. The car had its boot open the whole time since pdi to the time of delivery. I had to try closing it a couple of times for it to finally close properly, that to when I did it with a lot of force. Planning to raise this issue during first servicing.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th January 2024 at 12:53. Reason: editing quoted post
Old 17th January 2024, 23:40   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly_Stig View Post
I had to try closing it a couple of times for it to finally close properly, that to when I did it with a lot of force.
I figured it out - These rubber stoppers on the boot door are screw-type. Turns out the screw was loose and tightening it resolved the issue. Can you see if the stopper is loose on your car too?

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-img_0626.jpg
namanski is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 10:21   #385

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanski View Post
I figured it out - These rubber stoppers on the boot door are screw-type. Turns out the screw was loose and tightening it resolved the issue. Can you see if the stopper is loose on your car too?
They are as tight as they can be. Still having that problem. Maybe greasing the lock would solve the problem or the stoppers are too large that they are interfering with boot door closing.
Old 23rd January 2024, 15:15   #386
BHPian

Any one here who has booked and waiting for their i20 N line? I booked with Advaith Hyundai in Mysore on the 1st of January after they assured that they will be able to deliver on the 22nd of Jan. Till date there is no clear answer from the dealer and every time I get a response that Creta deliveries have been prioritized and hence the delay. The fact that they are not able to commit on a date is frustrating.
Old 24th January 2024, 09:20   #387

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Any one here who has booked and waiting for their i20 N line? I booked with Advaith Hyundai in Mysore on the 1st of January after they assured that they will be able to deliver on the 22nd of Jan. Till date there is no clear answer from the dealer and every time I get a response that Creta deliveries have been prioritized and hence the delay. The fact that they are not able to commit on a date is frustrating.
It's the usual process where the dealer promises you to get the car soon to get your booking and when the date nears, they give excuses. Happened to me as well when I placed my booking in early November when they said I will get it by November end because I wanted white colour. Come November end no contact from them. I got the delivery on 1st January.

They even tried to sell me a grey colour one in December, saying that the company has only grey in stock and not manufacturing other colour. I can get the grey one in a few days (probably trying to sell one they had in stock). Stuck to my colour choice and within a week got a call saying my order has gone through and car with the colour of my choice will be allotted soon.

I was not surprised because I went through the same issue when I booked Venue N-Line in 2022(promised delivery in 1 month got it after 3).

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th January 2024 at 17:09. Reason: spacing for readability
Silly_Stig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 13:36   #388
BHPian

Quote:
I booked Nline N8 MT in Dec third week from Advaith Hyundai Bellandur, Made full payment Jan 1st week and got the car delivered day before. Zero discounts and no freebies for it being 2024 mfg car
motor_breathing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 21:56   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
I booked Nline N8 MT in Dec third week from Advaith Hyundai Bellandur, Made full payment Jan 1st week and got the car delivered day before. Zero discounts and no freebies for it being 2024 mfg car
That's a quick turnaround, motor_breathing. What was their initial commit?
I booked a N6 MT this week and they have quoted 6 weeks waiting time. My SA mentioned that they can get N8 or DCT model faster, but for N6 MT it will take 6 weeks. Absolutely zero discounts for me too.
Old 26th January 2024, 18:19   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
That's a quick turnaround, motor_breathing. What was their initial commit?
I booked a N6 MT this week and they have quoted 6 weeks waiting time. My SA mentioned that they can get N8 or DCT model faster, but for N6 MT it will take 6 weeks. Absolutely zero discounts for me too.
When i booked in Dec they were behind me to take an N6 MT grey or an N8 MT blue both 2023 Oct cars with 60 and 80K discounts respectively. I dodged it basically because of color. May be my order processing happened before new creta shenanigans started hence the fast delivery. Directly went to tyre shop and upgraded to 205/55/16 Continental tires. The stock ceat fetched 2.5K only for exchange. 2021 when i did the same upsize for my Polo 1.0 TSI, it came with goodyear and those were exchanged at 4K. Then put 3M CR70 all around and with gloss PPF blacked out the red front and side accents.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 N Line Review-whatsapp-image-20240124-5.26.03-pm.jpeg  

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-whatsapp-image-20240123-12.15.08-pm.jpeg  

motor_breathing is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks