Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2021, 15:27   #931
BHPian

Re: MG Astor Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
Yeah I agree. Why take in the booking, if you're not going to put in the least bit of effort to honour it. Wasting our time and money (advance amount).
They should've at least put in a limitation to the number of base model orders.
Exactly!!! They communicated that they have taken only 5000 bookings which they would be delivering in 2021. They are still delivering around 5000 cars but only top 2 models. So, either they are saying that that 1st 5000 bookings were only for top 2 models or they are lying and not honoring their commitment, which would amount to illegality if I am not wrong.
Old 9th November 2021, 15:33   #932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick88 View Post
Do you think this merits a legal action against the company on grounds of false marketing/intentional misinformation? I think we should take a stand against such shady practices by companies (I shouldn't be surprised, after all MG is only living up to its Chinese values).
Guess its common now days. Look at the XUV thread and you would not be surprised to see lack of transparency in the allotment as per many. So its not only Chinese but our very own M&M also having troubles delivering cars !!
neoonwheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 16:14   #933

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick88 View Post
Exactly!!! They communicated that they have taken only 5000 bookings which they would be delivering in 2021. They are still delivering around 5000 cars but only top 2 models. So, either they are saying that that 1st 5000 bookings were only for top 2 models or they are lying and not honoring their commitment, which would amount to illegality if I am not wrong.
Mine is the second variant from top and even I am not getting delivery in Nov/Dec21.
Old 9th November 2021, 21:15   #934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy1234 View Post
Mine is the second variant from top and even I am not getting delivery in Nov/Dec21.
Called Customer Care and he says that only Sharp Manual/AT and Super CVT will be available for delivery this year. Doesn't matter what your booking id is, very disappointing if true.
Old 9th November 2021, 21:35   #935
BHPian

Received an email from our MG dealer shamelessly telling me that I'll receive the Astor Style base variant in March-Sept 2022 although I had pre-reserved on Oct 11 7.55pm and confirmed booking on Oct 21. Very unethical!
Attached Thumbnails
MG Astor Review-mg_astor_update.png  

Gotcha is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 22:13   #936

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun1 View Post
Called Customer Care and he says that only Sharp Manual/AT and Super CVT will be available for delivery this year. Doesn't matter what your booking id is, very disappointing if true.
Thanks. Not sure how much customer care are being honest here as mine is sharp at. Will check with customer care tomorrow and check what explanation they give me.
Old 9th November 2021, 23:48   #937
BHPian

Ok, so the Expected Delivery has now changed to December 2021 instead of the previously mentioned Q1 2022.
Attached Thumbnails
MG Astor Review-1.jpeg  

riturajsharma19 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 05:35   #938
Senior - BHPian

Take a look of the test drive of the car MG ZS by Auto Social of UK at this link. The ZS is similar to the Astor 1.5 VTi-Tech
Old 10th November 2021, 09:33   #939
BHPian

"UNFAIR Delivery Process of Mahindra XUV700 Leads to Booking Cancellations" https://www.carblogindia.com/mahindr...cellation/amp/

There is fundamental gap in manufacturers' estimates and processes to handle over-booking.
Old 10th November 2021, 10:16   #940
BHPian

Thanks to Afshana Fathima for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Quote:
Hi,

I sincerely request you to post an article about the pathetic experience MG Motor has been giving to its Astor customers. As you’d know, MG promised to deliver 5000 Astors to the customers who booked it on the first day.

I’m one of the customers who made a booking through a dealership (first slot), the Sharp CVT variant. But to our surprise and with no prior notice, MG has delayed our delivery by 6 months. And the worst part is that many have either sold their existing cars or never booked another car, hoping MG will hold true to its promise. Neither the dealers nor MG is giving any clarification about this. Here are some tweets from other customers for your reference:

MG Astor Review-1.jpg
MG Astor Review-2.jpg
MG Astor Review-3.jpg

Last edited by UtkarshC : 10th November 2021 at 10:18.
UtkarshC is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 12:29   #941
BHPian

Even though I have cancelled booking for Astor and got it adjusted with Hector Sharp CVT booking, the booking for Astor is still active. Maybe dealer wants to double count single booking?! :P

I had booked Astor 220T Starry Black Savvy (Sharp O). For me the status shows Dec 21 delivery.

Maybe due to chip shortage and due to limited manufacturing capacity, MG's focus is on selling top trims wherein they can make maximum profits. Hence, deprioritizing lower / entry variants.

The Co. has to survive and prove itself to HoldCo., hence makes sense for them to do it. But they should not have taken advance beyond 5K bookings for now. Though M&M and Koreans are also doing the same, hence MG is not doing anything different from standard practice.

Its a Seller's market post-covid!! Play by their rules or stay out of the game for next 1 year, by when hopefully supply will improve.

Last edited by manpreetsj : 10th November 2021 at 12:30. Reason: Corrections
manpreetsj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 13:13   #942
BHPian

Just got to know from my dealer in Mumbai West that delivery for Style variant will start from late Q1 2022.

If no Style variants are being delivered this year, Is it fair to assume that the introductory prices for Style variant were nothing but a marketing gimmick, considering the prices will likely increase next year? MG needs to address this by at least providing assurance of price protection for the buyers who booked the car on 21st October.
Old 10th November 2021, 17:16   #943
BHPian

Did MG told any of its pre-booking customer that they will stop pre-booking after first lot of 5000 bookings? MG certainly didn't tell me so. They only wanted my booking amount with a promise to book my car as soon as the booking portal opens so that I will be the 1st in que to get the car.
So wasn't it logical to assume that for bookings made in excess of 5000 bookings, excess customers would have to wait? So it was obvious from the day one that after the 1st lot of 'lucky' 5000 customers, rest of the 'unlucky' ones will either have to wait for their car or cancel their bookings and get in que for refund? So why aren't some of these customers now ready to wait? I am sure that if they pore over booking t & c then they will find that MG has mentioned about the waiting game.
Sure there might be genuine complaints about the unfair process of allotment but with the booking amount paid these customers have themselves fallen into the hands of MG. This is almost a standard practice in any business i.e. to get an advance from a customer so that customer doesn't run to other options. I hear that other manufacturers did so in the past just like Mahindra & MG is doing now. Just now a friend was telling me about the same thing about Honda from a few years back.

The funniest part it is that there is not a single owner review of this car yet and still potential Astor customers are complaining like they have lost the golden opportunity of a life time!

I will advise Astor buyers who have already booked to be a little patient. MG is not running away. MG needs to deliver the car and they will deliver the car to get your rest of the money. A little late maybe. Meanwhile owner reviews will be coming out soon. Then they can decide to keep the booking or cancel the booking.
As regards to price protection, a few thousands here & there for a 15L to 20L car is a trivial issue. And I am almost sure MG wont increase prices for the next lot of Astors to safeguard their brand image. Besides by the next year market will cool down and pretty soon its going to be a buyers' market again.
neeraj0272 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 18:38   #944
BHPian

Now we see the expected delivery has been changed from Q1 2022 to December 21. This is funny as we had already cancelled our booking. Clearly MG has gone bonkers with the number of bookings they have received and they just do not know what's going on and how to handle things.
Attached Thumbnails
MG Astor Review-screenshot_20211110182447_my-mg.jpg  

Col Mehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 20:36   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj0272 View Post
As regards to price protection, a few thousands here & there for a 15L to 20L car is a trivial issue. And I am almost sure MG wont increase prices for the next lot of Astors to safeguard their brand image. Besides by the next year market will cool down and pretty soon its going to be a buyers' market again.
I wish if it were just a matter of "few thousand".
The base model which is the most booked model is priced just slightly below the magical 10L figure. If they increase the prices by even 25k, the overall OTR costs shoots up by 75K-100K. I would much rather go for a mid variant at this point.
They just increased the prices of the Hector by 50k recently, there is no reason they wouldn't do that for the Astor as well.
All I want right now is some transparency and honestly from MG with regards to price assurance and delivery dates with a reasonable time frame.
Arun1 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks