Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2021, 22:02   #1081
BHPian

Re: MG Astor Review

Did you face ground clearance issues on your national park trio?
Old 30th December 2021, 22:10   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBlo View Post
My 2 week old Astor developed a creaking sound in the roof liner behind the rear seat. I isolated the spot to the middle of the roof. It creaks while driving on uneven pavement or on bumps. It's not as loud as you hear it here, but still very irritating and taking away the pleasure out of an otherwise superb drive this morning.

Anyone else?

https://Youtu.be/NgrPoKCvQ6E

(I am sure MG Management is reading this forum. If so, and if want some constructive feedback on what you could do to make the Astor perfect, I am happy to be of help).
Yes. Unfortunately this is a problem in a lot of MG ZS EVs which are the same vehicle as the petrol ZS. My ZS EV does the same on uneven roads and so did the test drive vehicle I got for a couple of weeks. In various forums in India and abroad, lots of people have reported this. The reason is the large sunroof with a joint.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 22:34   #1083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post
Can you comment on the ground clearance in comparison with the baleno you also have?
Sure, compared to Baleno, the ground clearance is pretty good. I'll say it's at par with Creta & Seltos. Manual doesn't quote the unladen clearance (they quote laden clearance at 145 mm for Turbo AT), but from reviews (check Seltos vs Astor comparison from Rishabh Arora on YT) and my own experience, its more than enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidban85 View Post
Did you face ground clearance issues on your national park trio?
Nope, I have also been to Delhi-Haryana re-routes from villages due to farmer agitation in pretty bad roads as well & never have I felt the underbody of vehicle touching the undulations. I'll say it's definitely at par with Creta & Seltos (Seltos has 190mm, I think).
vinay2612 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 01:31   #1084

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay2612 View Post
3. When only one back door is opened, MID shows that both back doors are open. Confirmed with another Astor owner as well. Notified MG
Haha. I can vouch to be the another "Astor" owner. Hopefully this gets resolved by MG. Amazing review Vinay. This will definitely be helpful for all future Astor owners.
Old 2nd January 2022, 01:35   #1085

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
Now since many Astors are on road, what is the real life average of turbo petrol.
Hi, based on my driving experience, it depends on how you drive the car. If you push the pedal really hard average can go upto 8km/l . I personally drive on a lighter pedal so I am able to get 11-12km/l in city.

The turbo engine is tuned really well not to go beserk on low speeds. I am able to drive in the city on a light pedal comfortably. Majorly use it for overtaking.
dishankbhan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 18:32   #1086

Updated price list as provided by MG Noida
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PRICE LIST ASTOR - U P - 1st Jan 22.pdf (260.3 KB, 443 views)
Old 5th January 2022, 22:15   #1087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshjoshi00 View Post
Side footrest has been added to the pricing as if MG is selling a Thar or something
Old 6th January 2022, 10:35   #1088
BHPian

Today, dealer reached out confirming that 2022 manufactured vehicle has been alloted. Vin shared was MZ7ED6HLA5H.......
I had booked on 1st day and app was showing Dec 2021 as delivery date. SAVVY Turbo.
Now it is about waiting for PDI while getting finances in order.
Old 6th January 2022, 15:28   #1089
BHPian

Quote:
Today, dealer reached out confirming that 2022 manufactured vehicle has been alloted. Vin shared was MZ7ED6HLA5H.......
I had booked on 1st day and app was showing Dec 2021 as delivery date. SAVVY Turbo.
Now it is about waiting for PDI while getting finances in order.
Found this online. Confirms your VIN theory.

MG Motor : The Car VIN Chassis number starts with MZ7 Series and a sample VIN is MZ7AD1DDF5H009310. Look for 10th Digit of VIN Chassis Number for MG Astor, Hector, Hector Plus and Zs Ev. If its 5 - its 2022 Manufactured Car and if its 4 then its 2021 Manufactured Car.
immortalmechano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 16:07   #1090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay2612 View Post
Sure, compared to Baleno, the ground clearance is pretty good. I'll say it's at par with Creta & Seltos. Manual doesn't quote the unladen clearance (they quote laden clearance at 145 mm for Turbo AT), but from reviews (check Seltos vs Astor comparison from Rishabh Arora on YT) and my own experience, its more than enough.

Nope, I have also been to Delhi-Haryana re-routes from villages due to farmer agitation in pretty bad roads as well & never have I felt the underbody of vehicle touching the undulations. I'll say it's definitely at par with Creta & Seltos (Seltos has 190mm, I think).
What did you take as accessories from dealer? Is the footstep useful? What about the car cover and mats?
Old 6th January 2022, 17:27   #1091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshjoshi00 View Post
Smart move keeping the base model below 10L, buyers still get the benefits of road tax for a <10L car.
Old 6th January 2022, 19:28   #1092
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from my MG NOIDA salesperson that booking for the Style variant has reopened.

Booked one today. Waiting is 8 to 12 months

Can anyone please tell me the wheel specs of the Astor i.e. PCD and ET. I want to start looking for a nice set of wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
MG Astor Review-image_20220106_1923.jpg  

Old 6th January 2022, 23:15   #1093

Quote:
What did you take as accessories from dealer? Is the footstep useful? What about the car cover and mats?
Just the mudflaps, screen guard and weather guard from dealer for about ~4K. I got grass carpet type custom fit mats (from Meerut, UP) for about ~2K because they hide dust well and a soft waterproof car cover [3k from coverwell in Malviya Nagar (got reference from a teambhp forum only), one can also get regular one for ~1-2K]. I personally didn't go for side footstep as all family members can get comfortably in-out of car without it.
Old 8th January 2022, 16:21   #1094

Received a strange email from the MG Dealer in Chennai today. They have been pushing me to give the papers for finance and i don't want to sign up for the finance till I see the allotment of my vehicle. This drama happens every month since Nov. In the beginning of the month a member from their finance team calls asking for the papers and I keep repeating that I will give papers only after the allotment. This morning I got a call stating the car is being allotted to me and I can now start the process. I repeated again that let the allotment happen, then we will begin the finance process. Then he said it's already allotted. Not believing what he claimed, I asked him to share the VIN details. He said he will share an email. Now I'm surprised to receive such an email asking me to confirm my purchase decision. If my decision is not to go ahead with the purchase, why the hell will I still keep my booking amount with them and keep enquiring about the status of my car delivery? I'm really upset seeing this email and these cheap tactics from the dealer.

I would like to know from those who have taken delivery of the car, if this is a regular practice to confirm the purchase after booking? If this a market practice I would be less mad, but still can't digest such experience.

I get a feeling that they think they are doing me a favor by giving me the car!
Attached Thumbnails
MG Astor Review-mail-mg-chennai.jpeg  

Old 8th January 2022, 17:33   #1095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLN_CHN View Post
Received a strange email from the MG Dealer in Chennai today. They have been pushing me to give the papers for finance and i don't want to sign up for the finance till I see the allotment of my vehicle. This drama happens every month since Nov. In the beginning of the month a member from their finance team calls asking for the papers and I keep repeating that I will give papers only after the allotment. This morning I got a call stating the car is being allotted to me and I can now start the process. I repeated again that let the allotment happen, then we will begin the finance process. Then he said it's already allotted. Not believing what he claimed, I asked him to share the VIN details. He said he will share an email. Now I'm surprised to receive such an email asking me to confirm my purchase decision. If my decision is not to go ahead with the purchase, why the hell will I still keep my booking amount with them and keep enquiring about the status of my car delivery? I'm really upset seeing this email and these cheap tactics from the dealer.

I would like to know from those who have taken delivery of the car, if this is a regular practice to confirm the purchase after booking? If this a market practice I would be less mad, but still can't digest such experience.

I get a feeling that they think they are doing me a favor by giving me the car!
Well, if you want to go with your own option then you can get pre-approval mail from your bank and forward to the dealer along with confirmation reply to the email you received from the dealer. That should suffice to convey that you want to go ahead with booking and your loan is also approved in principle.

He might be pushing to get your finance paper work in advance so that there is no delay /change of mind from your end when the allotment actuality happens.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks