Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2022, 18:52   #1096
BHPian

Re: MG Astor Review

What is the service interval for MG Astor?
Old 8th January 2022, 20:32   #1097

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLN_CHN View Post
I would like to know from those who have taken delivery of the car, if this is a regular practice to confirm the purchase after booking? If this a market practice I would be less mad, but still can't digest such experience.
Having taken delivery of the car, I was shared the VIN number and given a PDI before transferring the amount and doing the finance. However, even if they start the process of finance, as long as its with a reputed bank, the bank will not transfer the money to the dealer until the dealer shares the insurance, invoice and you have done the downpayment for the car. Insurance will not happen without a VIN and Engine number So you ideally should not be worried about the EMI starting before car allotment. However you should still push the dealer to share the VIN number.
dishankbhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 20:43   #1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Well, if you want to go with your own option then you can get pre-approval mail from your bank and forward to the dealer along with confirmation reply to the email you received from the dealer. That should suffice to convey that you want to go ahead with booking and your loan is also approved in principle.

He might be pushing to get your finance paper work in advance so that there is no delay /change of mind from your end when the allotment actuality happens.
Thanks for your inputs. I understand, let me discuss with them with an open mind. While I'm not in a hurry to take delivery, they may be looking to complete the sale ASAP (now that they have a visibility of vehicle delivery by this month).

Update: Got a response now that they will share the VIN only after receiving full payment. And the vehicle is in transit and should reach by 15th. I don't want to make full payment before PDI. In a fix now.
Old 8th January 2022, 21:11   #1099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your inputs. I understand, let me discuss with them with an open mind. While I'm not in a hurry to take delivery, they may be looking to complete the sale ASAP (now that they have a visibility of vehicle delivery by this month).

Update: Got a response now that they will share the VIN only after receiving full payment. And the vehicle is in transit and should reach by 15th. I don't want to make full payment before PDI. In a fix now.
This doesn't feel right. They have to communicate vehicle details and allotment with you so that you can work on loan processing and fund release. Ask them to send you car details so that you can work with your bank for financing. Sharing the VIN is the least they can do. Many customers don't even release full funds before the PDI.
Just another thing if it matters to you. Check manufacturing month and whether it is 2022 model? I have a feeling that they want to push sale of 2021 model to unsuspecting customer and that may be the reason behind all this pressure tactics.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 8th January 2022 at 21:13.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 11:38   #1100
BHPian

Our family recently took delivery of an MG Astor in the Savvy trim variant. This one is the CVT model. Below are links to my videos about our experiences with MG Astor.
1. Adas feature review on NH 66

2. Exterior and Interior impressions
Akhilesh Rai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 11:55   #1101
BHPian

Booked my Astor Style variant today. Delivery period is shown as Q1 2023
Old 9th January 2022, 16:22   #1102
BHPian

Finally I managed to take delivery of my car yesterday. The delivery experience wasn't too good as the dealership had no stock of Astor accessories - no mud flaps, no mats - just nothing. They have asked me to wait till the first service for installation of these basic accessories.
Anyhow, here's an image of the car just before delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
MG Astor Review-img1013.jpg  

Last edited by riturajsharma19 : 9th January 2022 at 16:23.
riturajsharma19 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 20:00   #1103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhilesh Rai View Post
Our family recently took delivery of an MG Astor in the Savvy trim variant. This one is the CVT model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by riturajsharma19 View Post
Finally I managed to take delivery of my car yesterday.
Congratulations to you both on your new car

Just curious to know if the cars are 2022 manufactured. Did you go with the insurance offered by the dealers?
Old 10th January 2022, 10:43   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
Just curious to know if the cars are 2022 manufactured. Did you go with the insurance offered by the dealers?
Mine is December 2021 manufactured. Yes, dealer insurance.
riturajsharma19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 13:12   #1105
BHPian

December 2021 manufactured. Insurance was done on our own, not the dealer offer.
Akhilesh Rai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 23:51   #1106

Hi All,

I have booked the MG Astor Style variant which as per the MG app is showing due delivery in Feb 2022. I wanted to ask the existing owners who have taken delivery or anyone who can answer -

1. What kind of accessories are absolutely necessary for Astor. I see the dealer providing some basic kit but I think they try to fit in stuff that is not required in the package. So it will be helpful to know what kind of accessories would be good to get.

2. Has anybody been able to take any good insurance other than the one provided by MG? And, If you are preferring the ones provided by MG, is MG Shield protect worth upgrading from Secure Elite?
Old 11th January 2022, 11:32   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Seen one on road yesterday (saw one in showroom few weeks ago). It does look smaller as compared to MG ZS EV (the electric car). But the dimensions are at par for the competition & I believe a diesel or punchy NA petrol would have pulled more numbers.

The semiconductor shortage is an issue that's holding up MG's deliveries, otherwise I believe their showrooms are always buzzing with customers who end up buying other vehicles due to delay in deliveries & waiting periods.
Old 11th January 2022, 16:30   #1108
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know the wheel PCD of the Astor?
Old 12th January 2022, 14:05   #1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakmah07 View Post
1. What kind of accessories are absolutely necessary for Astor.

2. Has anybody been able to take any good insurance other than the one provided by MG? And, If you are preferring the ones provided by MG, is MG Shield protect worth upgrading from Secure Elite?
Hi, I'm looking to take my car delivery next week. If it arrives as promised (fingers crossed). So, visited the showroom yesterday to look at the accessories. They displayed it on big screen and was helpful to take a decision. I don't see any accessory compelling, yet chosen few. I had chosen - bumper corner protectors, weather deflector, rear bull bar (it covers only 1/3rd but can stop cars coming too close to you), key sleeve leather, underbody paint.
Only chrome I chose was on OVRM (as the black cover looked plain) and for protection against minor scratches.
I also wanted to take a DVR but they have doubled the price and introduced a new product. So might take one from aftermarket.

WRT to insurance, members here usually go for the insurance MG provides. Also, the premiums have gone up, plus they have now only Secure Elite. The major threat of taking insurance from outside is that we can't opt for cashless claims at MG service centers.
RLN_CHN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 14:25   #1110

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakmah07 View Post
Hi All,

I have booked the MG Astor Style variant which as per the MG app is showing due delivery in Feb 2022. I wanted to ask the existing owners who have taken delivery or anyone who can answer -

1. What kind of accessories are absolutely necessary for Astor. I see the dealer providing some basic kit but I think they try to fit in stuff that is not required in the package. So it will be helpful to know what kind of accessories would be good to get.

Accessories I have taken Mud Flaps, 3D Mats, Boot Carpet Mat, Screen Guard, Illuminated Door sill plate and Key Finder. Please don't waste your money on the Key Finder, it's crap. The screen guard is also a plastic screen protector and not tempered glass like we have on phones but it gets the job done.

For the insurance, I went outside with Tata AIG. They confirmed that they do have cashless with MG in Bangalore, but the point that sealed it for me was the price. For my Turbo AT Sharp (O) the insurance quoted was almost 85K and I got a fully loaded one for 45K from Tata AIG.

Hope this helps
pranji is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks