Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2021, 14:40   #331
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia First Drive & Preview

Like the Kushaq and Taigun, it all will boil down to the pricing. Sedan segment is a dying breed and if priced at a higher perceptive price, this will end up being a typical Skoda count every month. The way XUV7OO has been priced is a real challenge for all these new entrants across ecosystem. Let's see how this is priced.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 14:43   #332
Senior - BHPian

It looks classy. Maybe this is the sedan that will bring the glory back to the C segment. And from the looks, it seems to have decent ground clearance. The design team must be applauded for making a raised sedan look this good. It has been a long time since a sedan tempted me. I will prefer this over the Kushaq any day just for the looks.
Old 19th November 2021, 14:48   #333
BHPian

The car reminds me of the SX4 when it got launched. Very solid build, spacious, lotsa GC. The only drawback however was lack of grunt under the bonnet & the Fuel Consumption figures!
Sanjeev911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 15:04   #334
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia targets Honda City; aims 3k monthly sales

I can take a bet that Zac Hollis and his team will fall woefully short. No turbo-petrol can ever match the mileage the City delivers, Slavia's performance may be insane but will come at the cost of fuel efficiency. If Skoda needs to become a mass market brand they need to bend very far backwards to please the customer and also make the ownership costs and after sales more customer friendly.
Durango Dude is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 15:08   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electromotive View Post
I want to smoke what the management at Skoda are smoking. Must be the good stuff.
I think if Škoda shares this information, they will gain significant customer trust. Users know guaranteed effects even before buying the stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Before it happens I should start a flat bed tow truck business soon.
Only problem, the tow truck customers will be spread out over multiple cities thus not viable. I so wish all these customers were concentrated in 2-3 cities max.
CarJunki is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 15:21   #336
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful looking car. Yet it is a Skoda. That's the predicament for every buyer. Many may not like this color, but I am a sucker for this blue or anything lighter than this blue (Jetta blue).

Price it right, 5 years of service and warranty, and give a 10-year warranty on that DSG. 3000 will be an easy number to reach.

Unless Skoda knows that they cannot trust their DSG they should take the risk of providing a 10-year warranty to that transmission and take repairs/replacement on those 20% failures.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 15:48   #337
BHPian

Make sense to have cancellation charges for online booking, otherwise competitor or people just for the sake of fun flood the bookings. Anyhow product looks already outdated & Yawning and already craving for updated v1 version .
Old 19th November 2021, 15:49   #338
Senior - BHPian

Everything depends on pricing. Skoda is not really known for aggressive pricing & going by Kushaq positioning I do not expect a killer price for Slavia. So, 3000 per months looks a distant possibility for me.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 15:55   #339
BHPian

Contrary to what many fellow members feel, I believe Skoda can actually pull this feat if they play the right cards. None of us thought Tata would be selling 10K Nexons in the 5th year of its life cycle, yet it is managing that number month after month despite costing more than most of its competition.

Skoda needs to figure out a similar way, maybe get a high crash safety rating, maybe longer warranty periods. Something that catches the customer's eye and makes them unable to look elsewhere. I sincerely feel that Sedan segment is diminishing not only because of the rabid popularity of SUVs, but also due to the negligence of manufacturers who aren't producing cars which are seriously competitive. Here's hoping that Skoda actually manages this feat.
Skorp_Knight is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 15:56   #340
BHPian

It's just marketing hype to appear successful! They did that with Taigun/Kushaq by announcing a 10,000/month sales target. They're doing the same here. For reference, Vento and Rapid combined never managed more than 4000 cars consistently in their glory days! A car expected to be priced almost 1.5 to 2 times higher will do that seems rather unlikely. Dream on!
nitkel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 16:08   #341
Senior - BHPian

Then they will price it over the City variant for variant and Zak will move on to launching another product while his customers are busy solving another "Robust" issue.

I've always felt its safer to invest money in our stock market than a VAG product. And I had seriously considered the Rapid Rider plus last year and was impressed by everything from the product to the sales team. Just one look at the crowded, shoddy looking service center was enough to spook me away from there.
Old 19th November 2021, 16:15   #342
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorp_Knight View Post
Contrary to what many fellow members feel, I believe Skoda can actually pull this feat if they play the right cards. None of us thought Tata would be selling 10K Nexons in the 5th year of its life cycle, yet it is managing that number month after month despite costing more than most of its competition.

Skoda needs to figure out a similar way, maybe get a high crash safety rating, maybe longer warranty periods. Something that catches the customer's eye and makes them unable to look elsewhere. I sincerely feel that Sedan segment is diminishing not only because of the rabid popularity of SUVs, but also due to the negligence of manufacturers who aren't producing cars which are seriously competitive. Here's hoping that Skoda actually manages this feat.
The Nexon was launched at 5.85L now starts at 7.28 lacs (from internet search ). They had a USP in terms of good space and safety. They started with a low price, won the customer trust and confidence and then started increasing the price when volumes started coming in.

This car does have its own USP : the higher GC and a great engine in 1.5. How they price it, win the customer trust on the service and build from there will determine the numbers.

What is see today is that every company wants to be the Apple in their space. So wants to launch at a high price expecting fan boys to flock to the showrooms to buy.

Personally, if I was in the market for a sedan/C-SUV, this would be right on top in my priority.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 16:27   #343
BHPian

I think, they should also bring the new Fabia here. It is a gem of a hatch. Regarding Slavia, I really wish that it succeeds and not just dethrones the city but challenges the so called SUVs. All the present C Sedans are quite boring.
DonHyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 16:33   #344
BHPian

Head says
- You will buy this car at Karnataka RTO prices,
- Drive it in peak Bangalore traffic,
- Fill it up with fuel that's at 100
- Pay emi's for 5 years

Heart says
- This is your VRS lite
- Look at that beauty
- You'll grow in to the car

It is time to see if I'm eligible for a 15 lakh loan because I'm making a decision that's not going to make financial sense at all.

Last edited by shastryBLR : 19th November 2021 at 16:57.
shastryBLR is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 16:35   #345
BHPian

Where will the car be positioned? Ideally it should be competing with Honda City however heard during the recent interview where Zac mentioned the positioning between Kushaq and Octavia. That will make the car insanely premium. Hope Skoda doesn’t do a Skoda in terms of pricing, anywhere between 10-15/16 lakh for the 1l and around 20 lakh for the 1.5l should be ideal(on road).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks