Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2021, 19:16   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia First Drive & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
There is the classic Candy White shade on offer. In the video it looks like a silver, but silver colour is present separately.

Attachment 2234462
Is this white? Really? I increased brightness to 100% on my laptop but still I see this as silver only. If they have white available, good. Hope it will be bright white like normal German cars have, will look definitely classy.

Last edited by aniketi : 18th November 2021 at 19:21.
Old 18th November 2021, 19:18   #257
Senior - BHPian

For the 1.5L engine, simple stage 1 remap is said to result in 30bhp gain. hope the Dynamics are good, then this might be a great option for us enthusiast below the 20L mark.
giri1.8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 19:28   #258
BHPian

Seems like Skoda wants to kill the Octavia left, right and centre. People who were skeptical of buying the Octavia may now be drawn towards this younger sibling. The quality levels of Slavia may not be up to mark but it has two additional features that majority of the Indian car buyers go crazy about, the sunroof and the ventilated seats. Double cannibalization incoming for the Octavia. The Superb on top and the Slavia underneath.
It's like Skoda is betraying the Octavia brand in India. The brand that earned them all the name is being treated so badly.
umairalvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 19:39   #259
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2022 Skoda Slavia: The FABIA SEDAN!
Not sure why we call it a Fabia sedan?

This is clearly a Virtus with a new face and slightly tweaked tail lamps - was evident earlier, and now leaves no doubts post the launch - does it?

Only the ac vents, a center line in the dashboard and instrument console surrounds seem to have taken some inspiration from the Fabia.

Skoda Slavia First Drive & Preview-05_skoda_slavia1440x960.jpg

Skoda Slavia First Drive & Preview-vwvirtusgts5889x500.jpg

Skoda Slavia First Drive & Preview-04_skoda_slavia1920x1281.jpg

Name:  20190809022723_vwvirtus6.jpg
Views: 999
Size:  25.4 KB
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 19:43   #260
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Slavia product information video

Last edited by Venkatesh : 18th November 2021 at 19:50.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 19:52   #261
Senior - BHPian

I wasn't very impressed with the ambience of the interiors of both, the Volkswagen Taigun and the Škoda Kushaq, but the I think the Slavia's interiors look quite nice. An interesting mix of the new Fabia and the Volkswagen Polo/Virtus. Unfortunately it looks like the control stalks are oriented the old VW way, unlike what I observed in the teasers. And the infotainment system is the VW Play system, though the teaser showed a different one. But it's a nice-looking interior nevertheless, save for the LHD bias (including the controls next to the gear selector).

As for the exterior, in my opinion the car looks lovely. It is pretty much a Latin market VW Virtus, contrary to my expectations, but that's not a bad thing. The chrome window line adds some sort of character. It will be interesting to see whether the side profile of the Active trim level (without the chrome window line) resembles the Virtus.

With the chrome window line I can't help but be reminded of the new Toyota Mirai at some angles, particularly this one: (I don't know if it's just me)
Skoda Slavia First Drive & Preview-20211118_152021.jpg

One thing I'm particularly pleased to see is that they're taking customer feedback seriously and it's extending to safety too.

Unlike with the Kushaq's launch, they have shared a figure of the body-in-white, though they haven't yet mentioned the grades of steel and exact percentage compositions. Hopefully press releases will let us know more.
Name:  Screenshot 20211118 at 6.48.27 PM.png
Views: 970
Size:  71.9 KB

The colour coding used for the Kamiq internationally was the following and it might be applicable to the figure shared for the Slavia today, but use it at your own risk:
Name:  Screenshot 20211118 at 6.51.58 PM.png
Views: 946
Size:  23.7 KB

Then according to the camouflaged drive, side and curtain airbags will be available as an option even with the automatic-gearbox variants, which is good. And if Autocar is to be trusted the car has been tested by Global NCAP too. Multi-collision braking is good to have and I am really, really glad ESC is standard, which completes 100% fitment of ESC across Škoda's entire model range.

I remain bemused by the fact that almost three years after India's first five star car no foreign manufacturer has yet demonstrated the same capability.

Global NCAP President David Ward said this in early 2020:
Quote:
The original expectation was that a global brand like Volkswagen will take up the cudgels but it is very satisfying to see actually two Indian brands leading the charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Zac Hollis on Twitter
Some reports will come out on Friday but most will happen Monday.
While unlikely, I'm hoping this refers to Global NCAP test results for the Slavia, though I must sound very paranoid now. But since the car is available for customers to book I think it is a possibility.

Here's the press kit for the Slavia if anyone's interested.
ron178 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 20:03   #262
BHPian

For those of us who love a proper full size sedan but are forced to consider SUVs to handle our patchy roads and those ubiquitous speedbreakers, can the Slavia be the solution?

Of course, don't know the GC numbers yet nor the effect that will have on the driving dynamics but if it's an option, I am willing to consider it in lieu of the Kushaq/Taigun. And the stance doesn't look too ungainly to my eyes.
Old 18th November 2021, 20:22   #263
BHPian

I hope the base Active Variant comes in with the basics and is priced around 11-11.5 Ex showroom.
armaan_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 20:37   #264
BHPian

Just beautiful! From the pics, the car oozes premium and while some are not digging the raised GC, I feel it is a good move to get people interested in sedans again.
Sandeep M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 20:39   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda to tap volume vehicle segments after Slavia, targets monthly sales of up up to 2500 -3,000 units for the sedan.

However, that may not be enough to give the Czech carmaker and its German parent Volkswagen the critical volumes. Therefore, a volume segment entry for for Skoda is imminent.

Compact SUV will be the next ?

Quote:
Yes, we’ll look at where the volume is, where the potential is, and what’s the the next best body style to bring to the market

ŠKODA SLAVIA:

Skoda Slavia First Drive & Preview-1.jpg

Safety: up to six airbags and a Multi-Collision Brake

Quote:
› Excellent active and passive safety features and practical comfort elements

› Excellent active and passive safety features and practical comfort elements

› Easy installation of child seats thanks to ISOFIX anchors and Top Tether anchor points

The ŠKODA SLAVIA comes with excellent active and passive safety features. Occupants are protected by up to six airbags. To ensure children also have a safe journey, the sedan comes with ISOFIX anchors and Top Tether anchor points on the rear seats. ESC is another standard feature ensuring a high level of driving safety, while the Multi-Collision Brake will safely bring the vehicle to a standstill in the event of an accident. The SLAVIA also offers a host of practical comfort features such as Hill-Hold Control, rain and light sensors, and cruise control. A tyre pressure monitor is another convenient feature.

With its extensive range of active and passive safety features, the new ŠKODA SLAVIA offers excellent protection for the driver and passengers. Fitted with ESC as standard, high levels of driving safety are ensured in all models. The SLAVIA is also equipped with XDS and XDS+. This assistance system is part of the Electronic Differential System (EDS), which improves front wheel traction. It reacts when the load on the inner wheels is reduced when cornering, and slows down the wheels under the reduced load, preventing them from spinning. Should an accident occur despite the many safety features, the Multi-Collision Brake will prevent any potential follow-on collisions by automatically and safely bringing the car to a standstill. The brake system comes with an automatic brake disc cleaning function. The ŠKODA SLAVIA will be offered with up to six airbags. These include airbags for the driver and front passenger as standard, as well as the optional front side airbags and curtain airbags. All headrests are height-adjustable, and the centre seat in the rear is also equipped with a three-point seat belt. ISOFIX anchors and Top Tether anchor points on the rear seats, which come as standard, allow child seats to be securely fastened.

Comprehensive assistance systems improve safety and comfort

The new SLAVIA comes with numerous features, some of which are optional, to support the driver and increase comfort. Cruise control is part of the standard equipment from the Ambition specification upwards, while Hill-Hold Control is included in the Style trim level (for cars with automatic transmission, from Ambition). Optional extras include light and rain sensors to automatically activate the low beam or windscreen wipers as required. Rear parking sensors are fitted as standard; the higher-trim variants come with a rear-view camera. A tyre pressure monitor is a standard feature for all specifications.
Source: ŠKODA

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th November 2021 at 20:57.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 20:46   #266
BHPian

Looks lovely and I don’t remember the last time I waited for an unveil this badly - truly worth the wait.

Cancelling my Kushaq booking right away! Unfortunately I sold my Figo today afternoon anticipating the Kushaq delivery in a couple of weeks but this looks like worth the wait for a few months. Kudos Skoda!
roadlover1705 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 20:51   #267
BHPian

I think Slavia will slay Octavia. The cost conscious enthusiast stretching for Octavia will now settle with Slavia. The value conscious luxury buyer would prefer the Superb leaving the Octavia only for pure enthusiasts. But from various opinions that I have heard, the new Octavia does not match the old Octavia as an enthusiast's delight as well. I guess,the Octavia sales will soon be in single digits.
Old 18th November 2021, 21:07   #268
BHPian

Well, I hope this will push Honda into updating the City with more features and engine/transmission options in the future. And I believe Honda is just waiting to raid the hybrid category with their e-hev models. If the City Hybrid does launch at around the same time without an unreasonably high premium, the tried and test City with the improved mileage would definitely pull a lot of potential buyers and for the common man, sedan ~ Honda City. People may just forget the Slavia and tilt towards the Kushaq. Thanks to Skoda for bringing in much needed competition into the sedan class. Whatever happened to those height adjustable front seatbelts?
Dead_Pedal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 21:09   #269
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post

No white color?.
White is second from left. Looks silver because of the lighting.
Old 18th November 2021, 21:18   #270
BHPian

Guys when can we expect the price unveil? And also what according to you would be the price range OTR?
I'm gonna get the delivery of City ZX CVT in the first week of December! Should I wait for the Slavia?
I don't want to strech my budget more than 17L OTR
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks