Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2022, 13:43   #421
BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Two specific questions -
1. How are the seats after your use for a few months?
2. Do the updated lights make a big impact? Based on all the reviews and my TD I try ought this was a big draw.
The seats have held up well so far. Regarding the lights, they are one of the best in class.
troika is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 16:04   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
Can I raise this question again, which EaurougeatSpa asked earlier? Some of the members here who bought the new 2022 Skoda Kodiaq have complained about rattles and cheap plastics in their new car (see the last few entries in their thread), which is disappointing for a car at this price point. Any such complaints from new Tiguan owners? And what has been the general ownership experience so far, though it is still new? (Comments from old Tiguan owners are also welcome, obviously!)
I have the TDI (old) version of the Tiguan with me since the last 3+ years (close to 4 years). I have clocked 65 K Kms and the car feels the same it was when I bought it home. The build quality is just superb. No rattles whatsoever. Fingers crossed that I don't hit any reliability issues as well. Up until now I have had a smooth enough ride in terms of reliability. The car per se is a great allrounder and I don't think anyone I know has any major complaints with the car.
raz0405 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 22:43   #423
BHPian

Just came across this video today. Crisp and simple. And what an ending! Was laughing my guts out.
But come to think of it, I had the same feeling when I went in to see the Tiggy, the Taigun was a great city car if only put together well and with good materials. If so a Taigun 1.5 and an Innova would be a great garage. If wishes were horses…

EaurougeatSpa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 17:01   #424
R_R
BHPian

Well, with the Hyundai Tucson line-up and prices announced, and with Skoda Kodiaq jacking their prices up to the moon, I am leaning towards the Tiguan as the least unpalatable choice. Seems the best option for petrol AWD, and though still slightly outside my financial reach, I can possibly manage if VW doesn't join the merry go-round of further price-rise announcements. Of course, getting VW dealers to show the slightest interest in selling me a car is the next challenge.
R_R is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 21:10   #425
R_R
BHPian

For fans of the VW Tiguan (don't think I or anyone else posted this before, my apologies if someone has!): an offroad test of the pre-facelift, 2019 US-spec Tiguan by Driving Sports TV, one of my favourite car test dudes, who mostly tests off-road capability. Of course, Tiguan is not a hardcore offroader, but good to know that it is no slouch when it comes to really, really bad, rocky inclines. The 5th gen Haldex system is pretty good. Here's the link to the review:

R_R is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 01:43   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
For fans of the VW Tiguan (don't think I or anyone else posted this before, my apologies if someone has!): an offroad test of the pre-facelift, 2019 US-spec Tiguan by Driving Sports TV, one of my favourite car test dudes, who mostly tests off-road capability. Of course, Tiguan is not a hardcore offroader, but good to know that it is no slouch when it comes to really, really bad, rocky inclines. The 5th gen Haldex system is pretty good. Here's the link to the review:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=AOPGMGH_TV0
Thanks for this.
Can’t help but think why did they not get these features into our edition here, it’s 2022 for god sakes. Make the customer happy.

Last edited by EaurougeatSpa : 15th August 2022 at 01:44.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 19:52   #427
BHPian

Has anyone who was waiting with a booking gotten their delivery? Or invoicing ?
Old 16th August 2022, 21:32   #428

I am happy to share that I took delivery of the Tiguan (Deep Black) last week. The booking to delivery time was about 3 months. The dealer (Sundaram, Chennai) was very transparent and kept me posted at every stage. The dealership experience was also good. As a matter of fact, I zeroed in on the Tiguan as my past experience with the same dealer (though different OEMs) was very good. It gave me better confidence to choose VW given reliability issues voiced elsewhere here and generally in public domain. I had considered Honda City, Skoda Slavia, VW Taigun, XUV 700, Innova and Fortuner. The choice evolved over a week due to several preferences and finally shortlisted Kodiaq, Tiguan and Compass. I test drove Taigun and Tiguan the same day; dropped the Taigun and decided to look at the higher segment. The reviews for Compass Petrol were not great and Kodiaq bookings were closed by then. So finally, narrowed down to the Tiguan, though for a variety of reasons, it also stood out to be the best contender based on my preferences. My test drive experience was also great. I had taken three test drives, twice in the city and once in the highway for a longish distance. That settled the decision. Must state that at every point, the dealer was very co-operative and always ready to provide the vehicle at a very short notice. In fact, the highway test drive was for about 70 kms in all. Contrary to some of the dealers of competition who had a very strict policy of 3 kms, this dealer’s approach helped to seal the decision in favour of Tiguan. My sincere thanks to Mr Bala and Mr Karthick of Sundaram, Chennai. The long waiting period had its own share of excitement, more research, more confusion and finally complete clarity as to choice of vehicle. My original colour preference swayed between Nightshade blue, Silver and White. In a change of preference in early July, finally went for black as it was likely to be available early. Settled for deep black despite the fact that it would be a bit difficult to maintain. I always had the feeling that another price increase was around the corner. My plan initially was not to go for PPF but then had to reconsider as the colour preference changed. I had considered 2-3 PPF and Ceramic dealers but preferred to go with PPF (Madico) with the vendor through the dealer (the dealer also has a Merc franchise and the vendor does PPF work for Merc customers).

I also got sun control film and windshield protection films done through the same vendor. The Accessories are yet to be received as I write this. I wish that the vehicle was delivered with basic accessories like mud flaps and floor mats. Hopefully, I should get them in a day or two.

I could not use the vehicle for the first 2-3 days from delivery as PPF and the other films had just been applied. It was very difficult to restrain but then did not have choice. Since then, I have used the vehicle for about 300 kms with about 50% in highways. The drive is smooth and pleasant in city; settled and planted in the highways. The DSG and engine combo works perfectly fine. It will make us smile after every drive and will push you to find reason to drive every day. The build quality definitely appears solid. The steering is light in the city and does not make you feel you are behind the wheel of a larger car. As speed increases, the steering weighs up and provides confidence at higher speeds. The engine is super refined in the city. I have kept the rpm at less than 2000 as I did not want to push the vehicle in the initial months. The suspension is definitely stiff but should not be a deal breaker. I am yet to reduce the air pressure to OEM levels or to around 33 as another member suggested but so far I am not bothered by the stiffer suspension. Having said that, my experience is limited to the front seats. The vehicle definitely handled the potholes better.

Have used regular fuel so far. The average mileage is around 7-7.5 km/L in city (with an average speed of 15-20 km/hr) and 12.5 km/l in highways (with an average speed of 35-40 km/hr). As average speed of a trip increases, I think the mileage should be better.

As for the other features, I am exploring them every day as need arises and hope to have a better understanding in days to come.

To all those, who are awaiting delivery and are on the fence to decide on Tiguan, please weigh your options carefully as this car is definitely good and capable of making you regret should you decide to pass on it.
Babu R is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 23:14   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babu R View Post
I am happy to share that I took delivery of the Tiguan (Deep Black) last week. The booking to delivery time was about 3 months.
To all those, who are awaiting delivery and are on the fence to decide on Tiguan, please weigh your options carefully as this car is definitely good and capable of making you regret should you decide to pass on it.
Congratulations Babu. Hope you enjoy the machine to its fullest. Some pics would be great! Would serve as motivation for us to continue the wait haha!
Old 17th August 2022, 08:09   #430

Hey - For existing Tiguan users who have gone for the 6 month service do share your experience, my "swagat" service had left a bad taste after the associate opened the door in the cleaning shed and bumped the wall. If you have any preferences for authorised service centres in Bengaluru do share, I would like to continue a good authorised service centre for the life of the car.

A few other things:
1) Have you been facing issue with connecting with VW myconnect app and what is the solve, I would like to get it sorted in this service
2) Getting some noise from the front left (within the cabin) which feels like some static sound from the speakers - its very feeble, has anyone else also faced anything similar
3) While extended warranty is a no brainer/ suggestion from all, has anyone gone for the extended service package - Superior SVP (4+1 Year) now costs INR 1 65 999, I think it was cheaper earlier
4) Has anyone been able to get the VW bootmat, my RSA is is quite unresponsive (PPS Motors, Showroom in Hebbal)

Have had a great experience with the car overall, a pic from my recent drive to Goa.

Thanks,
M

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20220817-7.42.55-am.jpeg

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20220817-7.32.23-am.jpeg
milam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 11:06   #431

Hey,

1) On VW connect, my SA asked me to act on it after he had activated the dongle. He took a day and after that I am able to access that.
2) I have not noticed any static noise.
3) I have not opted for the SVP package.
4) On boot mat, my SA mentioned that VW does not supply but then the VW website shows it is available and I recollect the Accessories list from the dealer quote Rs 6,000.
Old 17th August 2022, 11:25   #432

Sure EaurougeatSpa..here you go..
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-tiguan1.jpeg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-tiguan2.jpeg  

Babu R is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 12:28   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milam View Post
If you have any preferences for authorised service centres in Bengaluru do share, I would like to continue a good authorised service centre for the life of the car.
I have had very good experience for the past 4 odd years with Vw palace cross. They have multiple service centers. The one in Rajajinagar is on point.
Old 20th August 2022, 23:18   #434
BHPian

Does the Tiguan show maps/navigation on the instrument cluster? If not, can this be enabled somehow?
Old 21st August 2022, 00:23   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Does the Tiguan show maps/navigation on the instrument cluster? If not, can this be enabled somehow?
No. Unfortunately the MIB system is not the latest. Hence this cannot be enabled with coding either. It’s a hardware limitation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks