R_R
BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri_In View Post

Proud Tiguan owner

First impressions:

6. Powerful A/c
Congratulations! It's a very sweet ride.

Good to hear that the A/C's been good, cause there has been some mixed reports on it. How do you find the ride, since that's been a discussion point here too?

Also, did you take the extended warranty? Please do post some photos, when you have time. I am waiting to see what Hyundai offers in the Tucson before I decide which way to jump.
Old 15th July 2022, 14:48   #392
BHPian

Just heard from my dealer that they have started to get shipments of new units again. They have been told that production of the Tiguan will be ramped up to meet the demand/pending orders especially by the festive time comes around. They expect deliveries to start rolling out in earnest by August.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 17:54   #393
R_R
BHPian

Called up Volkswagen in Gurgaon to see if I can get a test drive on a Tiguan, and not only do they not have one available, they also claim that it is going out of production! I suspect a poorly informed person at the phone, but just in case, has anyone else heard anything of this kind? Overall, VW seems rather disinterested in selling this car, though I registered on the Tiguan site to request a test drive. Of the two dealers in Gurgaon, only one even bothered to call back!
Old 22nd July 2022, 20:23   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
Called up Volkswagen in Gurgaon to see if I can get a test drive on a Tiguan, and not only do they not have one available, they also claim that it is going out of production! I suspect a poorly informed person at the phone, but just in case, has anyone else heard anything of this kind? Overall, VW seems rather disinterested in selling this car, though I registered on the Tiguan site to request a test drive. Of the two dealers in Gurgaon, only one even bothered to call back!
Dealers in Bangalore are facilitating a test drive. You can see my earlier post on my communication with the dealer.
But yes, focus is on 2.0 cars from the dealers.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 06:45   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Inside info from VW- there is no plan to discontinue Tiguan. But of course the focus is on selling 2.0 models- Tiagun and Virtus. They are actually not interested in selling Tiguan in large numbers. And the marketer within me gets it completely. It makes a big business sense to push something which is competitive and playing in a large market. VW knows well that the true fanboys with decent budget will go for Tiguan just for it’s true VAG DNA.
Old 24th July 2022, 15:14   #396

After inquiring with Volkswagen Bangalore last month, the SA Manjunath told us that deliveries will start in 6 months. There was only one Tiguan test unit there, I believe the only one in Bangalore as well, compared to the ~6 Taigun and Virtus models they had on display and for TD there.
Old 24th July 2022, 21:31   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow59 View Post
After inquiring with Volkswagen Bangalore last month, the SA Manjunath told us that deliveries will start in 6 months. There was only one Tiguan test unit there, I believe the only one in Bangalore as well, compared to the ~6 Taigun and Virtus models they had on display and for TD there.
Not sure about this. Went for a test drive just yesterday with a friend. Test drive at home provided by VW Palace Cross Bangalore. You can reach out to them if you need one.
Old 26th July 2022, 17:49   #398

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Not sure about this. Went for a test drive just yesterday with a friend. Test drive at home provided by VW Palace Cross Bangalore. You can reach out to them if you need one.
They might be rotating the car between dealers or I might be wrong :
Old 29th July 2022, 02:23   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Dont even bother with any of the Gurgaon dealers. I wasted 3 months chasing them especially since I bought my Jetta from them so the logical choice was to go back to them. Escalated to VW also as they could not even get me a test drive for months and their sales head of VW on MG road told me the same BS that it ain't available anymore. Get in touch with the Delhi dealer VW LifeTec. They have 3 dealerships in NCR and much more responsive and professional than the Gurgaon one. They got me the car in 4 months as promised and even drove the test car from Ghaziabad all the way to GGN before I placed the order. DM me and will send you their sales head who helped me get the car.

Sadly even after I got the car , I again wrote to Ashish Gupta as a VW fanboy and told him how happy I was with Liftech and the deplorable GGN dealer attitude to an existing owner / customer of the same dealership. Instead of being upfront these guys just wanted to shoo me away as I was asking for a Tiguan rather than a Taigun.I even escalated to VW customer care and they happily close the complaint every time. They need to get an expat to run VW who looks at the long term brand value of VW and customer perception/ trust rather than just an excel sheet of 2.0 strategy sold every month.

However the Car is a keeper and worth every penny. Its basically a Q5 in a VW badge with immense mod potential for the future. BTW i am getting 10+ in GGN with XP 95 fuel.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-8635fa7a3d3b4d0982aac552bee99b85.jpeg  

Last edited by MadHawk : 29th July 2022 at 02:41.
MadHawk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 09:54   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHawk View Post

Sadly even after I got the car , I again wrote to Ashish Gupta as a VW fanboy and told him how happy I was with Liftech and the deplorable GGN dealer attitude to an existing owner / customer of the same dealership.
This guy looks to be like one of the worst appointments atleast from a customer perspective. His presentations are bland, interviews are boring to the bone filled with pre rehearsed lines. Absolutely no interest to interact with such a big fan base. They really need a passionate guy to represent the brand. They should quickly realize that they are selling cars inspite of them and not because of them. However I second your opinion, there are quite a few dealers who are really good and definitely go the extra mile.

Last edited by EaurougeatSpa : 29th July 2022 at 09:56.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 13:03   #401
BHPian

Had test driven (and loved) the Tiguan when we were looking for a car. We had almost finalized the Compass but luckily driving the Tiguan, we all agreed it was in a different league all together. Its a different story we ended up getting a decent deal on the X1. The badge/diesel debate made sense for us.

One thing I must say is that the Tiguan was treated as if it was the cheapest car in the showroom. Only 1 test drive car was ferrying between two showrooms in Ahmedabad and that was also their only car (no display car at all). The state of the test drive car was horrible, it was dirty inside out and we were given a walkaround by the sales person on an extremely busy street with hardly any space between cars to even walk around the Tiguan. Funny part is that whenever I have got a call back they always mention it as Taigun and I have to correct them saying that I have visited the showroom for the Tiguan and am not at all interested in the Taigun.
A better sales experience/feedback from the dealers might have pushed us more towards the Tiguan, but it is a similar case to the Kodiaq where the cheaper cars in the showroom are better treated and have a more premium sales experience.
kartavya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 17:32   #402

Called Volkswagen BU Bhandari Pune last week and the call kept going dead after the usual menu. Felt weird that they dont have a good system to even take sales calls?

But I got a call back the same day evening and they said they have a Tiguan for TD! Had a TD In a couple of days, the SA came promptly and allowed me and my kids to sit in the car and experience everything patiently. My kids (7 and 10) have been doing research on cars and they were telling me features on the go. The SA Mentioned they are doing his job !

The TD was great, amazing engine, smooth ride, comfortable seating and just loved the gearbox.
I right now drive a manual Honda Jazz so for me the difference was just amazing. everything seemed effortless. there are too many features to customise your drive. The build quality is just solid. And I love the understated design. People say this car doesnt have character, but thats not true. This is a typical VW car, understated clean design.

The dashboard is clean and uses top notch materials. Audio system was good, though did not listen more than 2 mins.

What could have been better :
I would have really loved ventilated seats. This car demands long drives and with our weather those long drives can be helped with ventilated seats. not a deal breaker though.
Also the quality of leather doesnt seem great. The SA said its leather, but it seems leatherette.

Have read this thread start to end and have been drooling over the pictures.

The SA told me all in would be 41 Lakhs. It feels 3-4 lakhs more expensive than it should be. But such are the times, all cars are crazy expensive.

Going to TD few more cars before finalizing : Jeep Compass Petrol, Skoda Octavia, Hyundai Tucson (after 4th Aug)

I know the drawbacks and good things about each of those vehicles, but will decide after TD.

(My heart says it will come down to Octavia vs Tiguan, but we will se )
nks81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 08:03   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nks81 View Post
What could have been better :
I would have really loved ventilated seats. This car demands long drives and with our weather those long drives can be helped with ventilated seats. not a deal breaker though.
Also the quality of leather doesn't seem great. The SA said its leather, but it seems leatherette.
We had a Passat which was purchased in the year 2013. I felt the same about the leather/leatherette quality even then. Maybe their definition of supple leather differs from us car lovers.

MOD NOTE : Request you to please go through our Posting Etiquettes before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 3rd August 2022 at 09:53. Reason: Please go through the link provided. And please follow the guidelines. Thanks.
Old 30th July 2022, 11:04   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHawk View Post
Its basically a Q5 in a VW badge with immense mod potential for the future.
Could you share if there's anything specifically you are considering : )

And I presume mods as in non-performance orientated?, If I remember correctly they had said the specific 2.0 petrol engine 'version' in the current gen Tiguan & Octavia differs from previously where there is not much remap potential at all.
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 12:16   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
And I presume mods as in non-performance orientated?, If I remember correctly they had said the specific 2.0 petrol engine 'version' in the current gen Tiguan & Octavia differs from previously where there is not much remap potential at all.
Tiguan Facelift carries the same 2.0 TSI engine as the Tiguan Allspace, correct?
I know about a Tiguan Allspace being upgraded to 240 BHP with just Stage 1.
In terms of the non-performance upgrades, one can really upgrade it to the real top specs ( 360 camera, ACC, HUD, Ventilated seats, Dynamic chassis control...) by spending few lakhs.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks