Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2022, 18:52   #376
BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

I ve been using the car for more than a month now. Here is a short feedback ( I am travelling to Karnataka so can’t post all details )
1. It’s the perfect car if you can have only one car. Compact enough for the city , it has all the features one needs although some improvements can be made. ( details I ll give later)
2. I drove to Karnataka today. Man this car is made for the highway. Overtaking , cornering , braking, comfort -name it, the car excels. (As far as suvs are concerned )
3. I am getting 6-7 kpl in city and 9-10 on highways after using a leaden foot. It’s quite decent.
4. Some negative points- the steering and seat leather is not that great. Sweaty hands and a sweaty back and bottom is something I have never experienced before.
5. The all black interiors are a heat magnet. If it wasn’t illegal, I would have got v cool on all windows. Especially the front windshield. ( I have got lummar sunfilm fitted on the sunroof glass)
More feedback coming up in a few days !
urban legend is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 10:01   #377
BHPian

Any more deliveries for the folks who have booked?
My SA says they haven’t received a single car in my color choices in the past 2 months (deep black/night shade blue). Most shipments are for the pure white.
Old 1st June 2022, 20:49   #378
BHPian

I have booked a nightshade blue.My SA also mentioned the same.Only white was delivered in May.Apparently the reason is the facility is being used for the Virtus production.
charan23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 14:38   #379

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Any more deliveries for the folks who have booked?
My SA says they haven’t received a single car in my color choices in the past 2 months (deep black/night shade blue). Most shipments are for the pure white.
I had booked a Deep Black Tiguan in the first week of January and was promised delivery around the last week of Feb, everything was going smoothly, dealer had matched insurance, agreed to thrown in a few free accessories.
I received a call from them in Feb, stating that a black Tiguan was being shipped in the coming days, so I went ahead and got the money ready, but to my dismay, the SA said the car was allotted to a Corporate Customer and said that the next of batch of cars will will be sent in March.

I decided to wait it out and had a talk with my SA in the first week of April, he cited more delays due to Ukraine-Russia Conflict, but assured that everything would normalise in the coming 2-3 weeks, nothing to worry about.
Received no updates from him or the dealership the entire month, I called him on the 14th of May and he said that no deliveries scheduled in the month of May, now citing low demand of vehicles and that few customers had cancelled their bookings.

Finally went to the dealership last week to get some clarity regarding the delivery of my car, and lo-and-behold! A deep black Tiguan was being prepared for delivery.
I just went and cancelled my booking, I waited patiently for a good 4 months, was constantly in-touch with the dealership and SA, and was being told that cars are not being delivered, didn't feel right to trust them and wait any more.

Frustrated with the lack of transparency from the dealership
Old 2nd June 2022, 17:16   #380
BHPian

I just went and cancelled my booking, I waited patiently for a good 4 months, was constantly in-touch with the dealership and SA, and was being told that cars are not being delivered, didn't feel right to trust them and wait any more.

That is quite unfortunate. I’m my case the dealership has been very open and honest. They did offer me a Kings Red Tiguan on immediate delivery for which the customer had failed to complete the required paperwork. But I did not like the color and decided to wait for Deep Black or Nightshade blue. Im pretty sure that once the new Tucson comes up there would be a lot of cancellations and deliveries might be quicker despite production constraints.
On a side note, have you decided another car? Or planning to go with another dealer for the same car?
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 18:48   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohanPyare View Post

Finally went to the dealership last week to get some clarity regarding the delivery of my car, and lo-and-behold! A deep black Tiguan was being prepared for delivery.

Frustrated with the lack of transparency from the dealership
If you don't mind could you share which dealer this is?
Old 4th June 2022, 11:52   #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
On a side note, have you decided another car? Or planning to go with another dealer for the same car?
I don't think I'll go for the Tiguan now. It is a fantastic car no doubt, but the customer sales service of VW has just been terrible till date.
I'm planning on waiting for the new Tucson, till then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
If you don't mind could you share which dealer this is?
VW Autobahn, Andheri West.
MohanPyare is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 20:57   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohanPyare View Post
I don't think I'll go for the Tiguan now. It is a fantastic car no doubt, but the customer sales service of VW has just been terrible till date.
I'm planning on waiting for the new Tucson, till then.
I think with the delay in deliveries, if Hyundai manage the pipeline well then a lot of bookings from Tiguan/Kodiaq will get eaten up by the Tucson fairly quickly.

Last edited by vb-saan : 6th June 2022 at 07:39. Reason: Quote tags fixed
Old 27th June 2022, 10:52   #384
BHPian

Hi, Does anyone have any updates pertaining to production and deliveries of the Tiguan. Last I was informed was that production was completely blocked for the Virtus the until the end of this month. Tiguan assembly would start in the last week.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th June 2022 at 12:11. Reason: typo edited
Old 27th June 2022, 11:40   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, Does anyone have any updates pertaining to production and deliveries of the Tiguan. Last I was informed was that production was completely blocked for the Virtus the until end of this month. Tiguan assembly would start in the last week.
I don't think that's true. As per my info Tiguan gets assembled at Skoda's Aurangabad plant while the Virtus Production is in VW's Chakan, Pune Plant.
Thanks.
Old 27th June 2022, 12:09   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayurS View Post
I don't think that's true. As per my info Tiguan gets assembled at Skoda's Aurangabad plant while the Virtus Production is in VW's Chakan, Pune Plant.
Thanks.
Quote:
Hi, Does anyone have any updates pertaining to production and deliveries of the Tiguan. Last I was informed was that production was completely blocked for the Virtus the until end of this month. Tiguan assembly would start in the last week.
Assembly is currently halted as per my dealer. His input is that they are going to start assembling only after the first few batches of Virtus are out of the factory. Another reason for this per the dealer is that the chips are being marked for the Tiguan and being leveraged for other Vag group cars at the moment.
Old 28th June 2022, 12:42   #387

Hi has anyone gone ahead with cosmetic upgrades like the R LINE kit or better rims.

Any other upgrades which are suggested for the car?
Tanay24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 15:24   #388
BHPian

Got a call from VW Kandivali Mumbai about a White Tiguan available because the person who booked wasn't able to get the loan sanctioned or something. Seems the assembly and deliveries have started
superutp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 21:26   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Got a call from VW Kandivali Mumbai about a White Tiguan available because the person who booked wasn't able to get the loan sanctioned or something. Seems the assembly and deliveries have started
Hopefully the case. It’s been a long wait now.
Old 6th July 2022, 22:13   #390

Proud Tiguan owner

First and foremost, I'm really sorry for the delayed post.

Having test driven the Big 3 Germans & the Swedish major multiple times, I'd narrowed down to VW Tiguan. Did the pre-booking in Nov'21 for the much awaited petrol variant of Tiguan with VW Capital, New Delhi. Some delay on our end in finalising the colour (Black colour), some delay from the dealer and lot of delay due to the Ukraine Russia problem resulted in delivery dates getting pushed further & further.

Long story cut, I, finally, managed to get the delivery of my Tiggs (That's what I call my baby) on 30th April (just before the price hike was announced).

The SA was a very nice guy and kept me updated on the progress. Around end March he informed that hardly any black colour is coming and, sometime in mid-April, he gave me an alternate option with dolphin grey colour (The owner was not in India). Finally, when I saw it in person and started drooling over!!!

Very smooth paper process and delivery (All within an hour) formalities complete and I must say, a proud owner of something i wanted since 2019.

First impressions:

1. Looks... Just Wow!
2. Luxurious interiors
3. Predictable and practical functions
4. Spaaacciiooouuusss
5. Power on tap
6. Powerful A/c

Not so good:

1. Sluggish pickup in Eco mode. Now I've started using S mode to start and ease to Eco mode once a decent pickup has been achieved
2. Fuel guzzler! Switching from Skoda Yeti, this is indeed a fuel guzzler (I'm yet to achieve double digit in city driving)
3. Though it's a good feature, the front & rear sensors are very sensitive and LOUD!

Besides this, I'm not really missing the wireless Android Auto / Apple Car play / the wireless charger / 360 degrees camera / ADAS features

The dealer and VW team have called me atleast 4 times in these 2.5 months to check if everything is ok. This gives me a feeling being cared about.

Overall, I'm happy that I went ahead with my choice
Sri_In is offline   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks