Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2022, 14:05   #226
BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VND View Post
It must have been disabled in the test car. Check setting if at all you decide to take a test drive again.

Correct, my allspace does get remote opening/closing. All windows open and sunroof tilts from middle point for ventilation.
Confirmed and tested this.
Old 24th February 2022, 18:47   #227
BHPian

Which colour looks better on the Tiguan.
Pure White or reflex silver ? I would like opinions. I had given these two options at the time of booking and will probably have to decide one now.
Personally I like both and am unable to decide.
urban legend is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 20:45   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
Pure White or reflex silver ? I would like opinions. I had given these two options at the time of booking and will probably have to decide one now.

The White Tiguan is quite the looker, I would say. There was a White All-Space in my apartment complex and it looked elegant.
I have also seen the previous-gen Tiguan in Silver a few times on-road and I felt that it looked quite sharp, yet a bit plain, in my opinion.

I am of the opinion that most VW cars look great in White or in Grey, so I would suggest you to opt for Pure White.

Last edited by MohanPyare : 24th February 2022 at 21:00. Reason: Formatting
MohanPyare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 21:57   #229
BHPian

Quote:
My choice would be to go for the white. If you have a choice then the Oryx white, I have posted some pics earlier on this thread. It looks really good in the sun. Otherwise the white and black interior combo looks really nice.
And here’s hoping to another delivery in the forum soon!
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 11:04   #230
BHPian

The test car was white and it did look quite elegant. In fact I can go ahead and say it looked a lot like an Audi. I have never seen a silver Tiguan in person.
Old 25th February 2022, 12:23   #231
BHPian

I would recommend a white Tiguan. I have one (the BS4 Oryx white diesel version) and it looks sharp and elegant at all times. I saw the newer petrol blue Tiguan a few days back in the road and it looked stunning as well with its matrix lights.
baskar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 16:58   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Oryx white is certainly one of the better colour to choose for Tiguan. I had seen it once in a showroom and it looked fabulous.
Old 25th February 2022, 18:54   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarSprit_ssk View Post
I have got my white Troc ppf ( for bonnet , front and rear bumper ) and ceramic for rest of the car. If you are going for ppf go for the highest variant available. It’s been 7 months now and it’s definitely helped in protecting against minor scratches. Especially protection against chipping from small stones which fall of from trucks in front.
PPF - self healing. Ceramic - mainly prot3ction against dirt. In the sense cleaning is easier.
Please share which brand PPF have you got. I was planning to go to 3 M.
Old 25th February 2022, 20:14   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Please share which brand PPF have you got. I was planning to go to 3 M.
I have gone with Body Fence. I was not very much impressed with what 3M folks shared.
https://www.hexis-graphics.com/en/produit/bodyfence/
This is available at Esperto Car care.

If you are in Bangalore, PM me and I will share more details.
CarSprit_ssk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 16:00   #235

Took delivery last Friday, got sun film put on all glass (3M - CR 70) and headed to parents (Goa) on Sunday.

First impressions: Great at the core
1) Rides effortlessly at 120 kmph with tons of available power to overtake in normal mode. Did not try paddle shifters or sports mode (had a new born in the car)
2) Goes well over bad surfaces, surefooted on turns, solid breaking when required
3) We were fully loaded and kept 38 bar in front, 44 for rear (as per VW recommendation) and was happy with the ride, wife had no complaints and the kid was in the car seat for 80% of the ~ 10 hr drive
4) There is ample width in the rear & overall storage is great
5) Preferred the manually controlled passenger side seat - its way faster then the electronic one and can be put all the way down

average 12.6 KMpl with IOCL XPS 100 fuel for the trip. Using regular fuel for the city, if I don't see a major difference will stick to regular fuel.

What I really missed: Apple car play & ventilated seats.

Would recommend going for a sun-film - the one I put cuts ~ 50% of IR rays and has 70% light transmissibility. Definitely helps the AC in keeping the cabin cool.

Regards,
M
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20220301-3.22.19-pm.jpeg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20220301-3.28.24-pm.jpeg  

milam is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 18:22   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milam View Post
Took delivery last Friday, got sun film put on all glass (3M - CR 70) and headed to parents (Goa) on Sunday.

1) Rides effortlessly at 120 kmph with tons of available power to overtake in normal mode. Did not try paddle shifters or sports mode (had a new born in the car)
2) Goes well over bad surfaces, surefooted on turns, solid breaking when required
3) We were fully loaded and kept 38 bar in front, 44 for rear (as per VW recommendation) and was happy with the ride, wife had no complaints and the kid was in the car seat for 80% of the ~ 10 hr drive
4) There is ample width in the rear & overall storage is great
5) Preferred the manually controlled passenger side seat - its way faster then the electronic one and can be put all the way down

average 12.6 KMpl with IOCL XPS 100 fuel for the trip. Using regular fuel for the city, if I don't see a major difference will stick to regular fuel.

What I really missed: Apple car play & ventilated seats.

Would recommend going for a sun-film - the one I put cuts ~ 50% of IR rays and has 70% light transmissibility. Definitely helps the AC in keeping the cabin cool.

Regards,
M
Congratulations on the delivery and the crisp post.
Could you tell me who your dealer was in BLR?
I presume you mean wireless car play? With the child seat mounted, how was the seating capacity in your view ?
Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 18:53   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The way your kid is sleeping peacefully says how comfortable the drive was

The car looks very premium in that photo, really like the Tiguan. Congratulations
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 19:25   #238

Quote:
Congratulations on the delivery! Wishing you many happy miles and memories with Tiguan. Great to hear that the ride is comfortable and it can cruise well at high speeds.

Might sound like a silly question, but what did the dealer do about the scratch you found on the car during PDI?

Thanks.
MohanPyare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 22:35   #239
BHPian

Short update on a 300 odd kms drive today. Roads were a mix of towns/ single/ double lane( tons of breaking and overtaking in sport mode) and about 40% 4 lane toll roads.
The Tiguan comes into its own on the highway, it is very stable and planted at speeds above 100. The cabin sound insulation is fantastic. The wind noise does start creeping in at above 105/110. But it is still minimal. Drove in S mode and also with paddle shifters. The response on Normal mode is a little sluggish on kick down, especially when doing sudden overtaking on a 2 lane highway. That’s when the paddle shifters or Sport mode is a boon. For normal highway cruising, Normal mode is quite sufficient.
For the above trip , which involved some fairly spirited driving, I got an average of around 11km/ l. Used XP95 fuel.
Another thing that stands out is the seat comfort and contouring. It holds you quite well. AC is adequate but the blower does get a little noisy at higher speed.
Old 2nd March 2022, 06:54   #240

@EaurougeatSpa - Dealer is PPS Motors (Showroom in Hebbal), meant wireless car play correct, Space was healthy for kid & wife after putting the car seat - pic attached, Car seat + 2 adults will be a issue because of the hump.

@MohanPyare - The scratch was superficial, did not notice when checking during delivery.

Thanks @sunikkat
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20220302-6.45.35-am.jpeg  

milam is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks