Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2022, 10:27   #136
BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
I did not get any calls from them but I trust my SA and my order is confirmed per the invoice of booking amount I have recieved

Sad to hear that friend. I know we expect the minimum from the dealers and we should act when they dont comply with our expectations.

Congratulations! And being Sportsline, from what i hear, you may get the delivery much before if you had gone for L&K

Congratulations! Waiting time is same or even more. Not because of the car in demand, but because of poor production planning both Kodiaq and Tiguan. No offers buddy. I'm also waiting on my Oryx White Tiguan. Which color did you go for?

That one did not have the spoiler. What you see is the arrangement for the tail lights. Spoiler will look something like below- that black part. Spoiler as an accessory is only black in color, which color Tiguan have you booked?
Thanks for the info. I gather from your response it is similar to the one I have on my polo GT.
I am currently looking at black or nightshade blue.
Waiting to have a look at the blue in person. My dealer says there is a delivery of a blue Tiguan scheduled for this week so will have a look before finalizing.
Old 1st February 2022, 08:17   #137
BHPian

I am back into the Tiguan group. I got a chance to see the Sportsline in person and frankly I felt it didn’t match the character of the Kodiaq. It looks much better with beige and leather and chrome as I had experienced in the L and K.

Another reason was that the Tiguan being sportier and more agile and easier to use in the city and equally good to drive on highways was more impressive to me than the luxury and features which the Kodiaq offers.

It was a knee jerk reaction to my poor experience with the VW sales advisor and I usually don’t buy cars impulsively.

My booking for the Tiguan stands. I didn’t book the Kodiaq.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd February 2022 at 19:55. Reason: Spacing
urban legend is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 11:23   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
I am currently looking at black or nightshade blue.
Waiting to have a look at the blue in person. My dealer says there is a delivery of a blue Tiguan scheduled for this week so will have a look before finalizing.
Nightshade blue is a beautiful colour. In natural lighting, it seems to have this slight Teal-hue to it and under artifical lighting it resembles the Blue Silk colour VW used to have for the Passat and Vento, albeit a little darker in shade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
I am back into the Tiguan group. I got a chance to see the Sportsline in person and frankly I felt it didn’t match the character of the Kodiaq. It looks much better with beige and leather and chrome as I had experienced in the L and K.

Another reason was that the Tiguan being sportier and more agile and easier to use in the city and equally good to drive on highways was more impressive to me than the luxury and features which the Kodiaq offers.
I grew a bit frustrated with how little communication there was between the VW Dealer and I after booking the Tiguan, so I decided to look at its Czech cousin as an option.
I test drove the Kodiaq L&K last week, and I must say that the interior feels much more plush and refined than the Tiguan's.
It drives and handles like an SUV though, feels large and heavy in traffic. I completely agree with your statement saying that the Tiguan is much more agile and easier to use in the city. Engine and ride quality feel the same in comparison to the Kodiaq.
The size of the Kodiaq is definitely an issue for me, the extra boot space just seems redundant.The L&K has a few more creature comforts than the Tiguan, but I'm not entirely convinced about the 45 lac price point. Also, there is going to be a 4% price hike for the Kodiaq. The five month wait for the L&K was the final nail in the coffin for the Kodiaq.
Now, the Tiguan looks like an absolute steal at its price point.

The VW dealer has just been telling me that only two cars have been delivered in the past week in Mumbai(one was blue and one was red) and they are yet to receive any news regarding any new shipments.
It seems that I'll wait around for a couple more weeks and see if I can get any response from the dealer regarding the availability of a Deep Black model.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd February 2022 at 19:55. Reason: Quoted text edited
MohanPyare is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 12:36   #139
BHPian

Quote:
I am back into the Tiguan group. I got a chance to see the sportsline in person and frankly I felt it didn’t match the character of the kodiaq. It looks much better with beige and leather and chrome as I had experienced in the L and K.
Another reason was that the Tiguan being sportier and more agile and easier to use in the city and equally good to drive on highways was more impressive to me than the luxury and features which the kodiaq offers.
It was a knee jerk reaction to my poor experience with the vw sales advisor and I usually don’t buy cars impulsively.
My booking for the Tiguan stands. I didn’t book the kodiaq.
My reasons are almost the same. Driving experience of the Tiguan vs Kodiaq is much more suited for me (not that Kodiaq is in anyway bad).
For a family of 4, the Kodiaq seems way too big and add to that the price difference made me not to book the Kodiaq.
Yes, i am giving up on some feel good and essential features which the Tiguan misses out on but i am ok with it.
Congratulations on your booking. Which color have you decided on?
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 16:56   #140
BHPian

The two colour options I have given are silver and white. I am awaiting the prices for the optional alloys.
Is the rear parcel tray standard ? It’s not mentioned in the accessories list.
Old 1st February 2022, 21:56   #141
BHPian

Quote:
The two colour options I have given are silver and white. I am awaiting the prices for the optional alloys.
My colour choice are the same. Though I have given dolphin grey as the third choice. And yes the rear parcel tray is standard. Looks like white might be the easiest to get.
differential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 22:15   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it is standard. My SA has given me a timeline of 15 days to get the quoted for the alloys from VW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
My colour choice are the same. Though I have given dolphin grey as the third choice. And yes the rear parcel tray is standard. Looks like white might be the easiest to get.
I think you are right. The bolder colors might have the longest wait.

Last edited by ajmat : 1st February 2022 at 22:33.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 22:20   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohanPyare View Post
Engine and ride quality feel the same in comparison to the Kodiaq.
It was interesting to read this. You did not find any difference between suspension/ride comfort between the Tiguan and Kodiaq L&K in its 'comfort' mode?
I say interesting because in the official review the L&K's adaptive suspension in comfort mode is much praised and the Tiguans ride if I remember correctly was referred to as 'bone-jarring'.
Old 1st February 2022, 23:26   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
It was interesting to read this. You did not find any difference between suspension/ride comfort between the Tiguan and Kodiaq L&K in its 'comfort' mode?
I say interesting because in the official review the L&K's adaptive suspension in comfort mode is much praised and the Tiguans ride if I remember correctly was referred to as 'bone-jarring'.
The route I took the cars for a test drive was relatively smooth and had only a few bumps, so I guess wasn't completely able to experience the plush suspension of the Comfort mode offered by the Kodiaq.
Both the cars handled the bumps pretty well and there weren't any noticeable differences observed. I am still of the opinion that both cars have a similar ride.
I guess an extensive test drive of both the cars will help me distinguish the same.

The 'bone-jarring' comment was made in regard to the ride quality experienced by the rear passengers, and most importantly, it is written by the reviewer that the tyres of the Tiguan were pumped up to 42 psi during that time.
MohanPyare is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 08:17   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohanPyare View Post
The route I took the cars for a test drive was relatively smooth and had only a few bumps, so I guess wasn't completely able to experience the plush suspension of the Comfort mode offered by the Kodiaq.
Both the cars handled the bumps pretty well and there weren't any noticeable differences observed. I am still of the opinion that both cars have a similar ride.
I guess an extensive test drive of both the cars will help me distinguish the same.

The 'bone-jarring' comment was made in regard to the ride quality experienced by the rear passengers, and most importantly, it is written by the reviewer that the tyres of the Tiguan were pumped up to 42 psi during that time.
The ride quality of the Kodiaq in the normal mode is softer than the Tiguan with 33 psi but one has to really pay attention to notice that. In comfort mode it’s much softer and in the sports mode much stiffer. I had tested the Tiguan with the tyre pressure set to the recommended 36 psi and then again over the same route with 33 psi. With 33 psi it’s comparable to the Kodiaq in normal mode. Almost no noticeable difference. This was on side roads with potholes , small speed breakers and broken patches. I sat in both the drivers seat and the rear seat over the same route.

Last edited by vb-saan : 2nd February 2022 at 17:24. Reason: typos
Old 2nd February 2022, 14:31   #146
BHPian

Thanks to @carrazy for the revised prices on the Kodiaq thread.

Per the new prices, the difference OTR in Bangalore between the Tiguan and Kodiaq (not considering style) is as follows:

Sport - 6 lakhs rounded off
L&K - 7.9 lakhs rounded off

Interesting.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 18:57   #147
VND
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris007 View Post
I think the Suzuka design looks the best. But ouch, that is at least a 2L+ upfront investment for (alloys + tyres) + headache to find a buyer for (alloys + tyres) - sale price for (alloys + tyres). Now we get into the Kodiaq territory.

Suddenly the current alloys look a little more attractive. Might as well save that cost for the increase ownership costs due to the thirsty petrol engine.

Why do you torture us like this VW - all your other cars have much better alloys (yes, even the Polo GT).
That's the thing, it doesn't make sense when they won't buyback the old alloys. Also 19'' will make the ride quality stiffer and that with our road, I'll let you do the math.

The engine sure is thirsty but trust me you'll always have a big grin when you drive it, every single time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Thanks for sharing the prices VND.

I personally find the Suzuka wheels to be the most attractive but as per VND's inquiry they are only available in 19". I am guessing this would make the already known underlying stiffness of the Tiguans suspension then unbearable?.. or perhaps some super soft Michelines will help negate completely?
Exactly as I mentioned above, not worth it! Also I don't think super soft tires are good for our road condition. I currently have Conti Sport Contact5 on my car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
So got the price from my SA for the two alloys in Tiguan's brochure
Sebring - 32,492 + GST
Auckland- 39,454 + GST
He also confirmed to VN's point that they will not buyback the alloys and tyres.

With that said, it doesn't make sense. Will leave that option as midlife make-over.

On another note- seriously considering the spoilers. Don't think 25k justifies but will sure "enhance" the look
Ouch that's steep! It's up to personal liking, what's worth for you and not, at last it's a VW you should remember that
Old 3rd February 2022, 09:30   #148

Re: VW Tiguan : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Where do I buy roller sun blinds for windows for Tiguan
Old 4th February 2022, 13:41   #149
BHPian

My service advisor has quoted me 1.3 lakhs for a set of four sebring alloy wheels.
urban legend is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 14:06   #150

I have been promised march delivery for my booking made early this week.
My dealer(VW Downtown) has no idea about 19in wheel availability.If one does upsize the wheels,will they come with the car during delivery or arrive later?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks