Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2023, 14:04   #1126
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Got these mats for the Slavia since the previous stop gap mats that I got from Elegant was not sufficient for covering the sides where quite some mud was getting lodged. 3D mats which was earlier selling the Kagu brand doesn't seem to have stock for Slavia however they had a sister brand called Pharaoh. Realised that this is the best fit available and ended up buying these at 8500 a set. Though expensive than the popular 7D mats I absolutely hated the whole 7D concept and those flashy colors and patterns. This came as a blessing with its simple no nonsense form and good quality.

Attachment 2358957

Attachment 2358958

Attachment 2358959

Attachment 2358960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
I am looking forward to buy Pharaoh floor mats for my Slavia. As per their website, the fit is custom made for each car model & It costs around INR 8k. Wanted to check with fellow members if anyone has already got them & how their experience has been with the same.

Below is the link.

https://www.pharaohautomotive.com/pr...car-floor-mats
Have quoted my earlier post for reference. The mats look and fit very well giving an OE look. The only downside I see compared to carpet or noodle mat is they catch footprints and look soiled easily which has to be wiped often if you prefer it spotless. Otherwise it's holding up very well.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 14:23   #1127
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking forward to buy Pharaoh floor mats for my Slavia.[/url]
Quote:
H The mats look and fit very well giving an OE look. The only downside I see compared to carpet or noodle mat is they catch footprints and look soiled easily which has to be wiped often if you prefer it spotless.
+1. I got them for Virtus and they fit perfectly. The mats are light, of good quality and durable
stringbh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 14:59   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Have quoted my earlier post for reference. The mats look and fit very well giving an OE look. The only downside I see compared to carpet or noodle mat is they catch footprints and look soiled easily which has to be wiped often if you prefer it spotless. Otherwise it's holding up very well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
+1. I got them for Virtus and they fit perfectly. The mats are light, of good quality and durable

Thanks for the inputs guys. I think I will also surely go for it shortly. I too hate those 7D mats. This one looks good & performs the job well too.
Old 3rd March 2023, 13:49   #1129
BHPian

Message received now.Seems there is some upgrade available for enhancing AC performance
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-img_20230303_134755.jpg  

Ram78 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 13:55   #1130
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking forward to buy Pharaoh floor mats for my Slavia. As per their website, the fit is custom made for each car model & It costs around INR 8k. Wanted to check with fellow members if anyone has already got them & how their experience has been with the same.
I have the GFX mats that are very similar in fit to these (Custom fit for slavia,raised edges, single piece rear covering transmission tunnel etc). The material is different, this one is a bit more TPU like but I am quite happy with it. Its easy to clean, and fits well. I purchased it for ~3.8k from a wholesale dealer from Delhi. Its the same one shown here:

https://carhatke.com/gfx-skoda-slavi...ubber-tpu-mats
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-gfxslaviamat.jpg  

Game_of_Roads is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 14:08   #1131
BHPian

My slavia's pucc is up for testing but the emission testing centers here in BLR do not have the model listed yet in the software they use and hence no testing for the slavia. Anyone else facing the same issue?
Old 6th March 2023, 09:44   #1132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronney911 View Post
Hi All,

I have a question for fellow slavia owners.

I own the Slavia Ambition 1.0 AT and have clocked around 8000kms since June 2022 when I purchased the vehicle. I really enjoy driving it around, really puts a smile on my face every time I take it out. Specially on twisty roads or on highways. I am quite happy with it.

I have one issue however. The plastic panels on the dashboard i.e the ambient light panel and the piano black panel below it catches all the imperfections in the roads and creeks. I have shown it in the service center thrice now and they say it is fixed and soon enough it reappears. I am really getting tired of it. Just this one issue which is spoiling the entire driving experience for me. As a final solution I am going to ask for a replacement of those panels under warranty and see if that fixes it.

I want to know if anyone is also facing this issue?

Another thing I asked the service advisor, I wanted to replace the headlamp cluster to the Style variant LED headlamp with the L shaped DRL's. I thought it would be a simple swap job but as per the advisor, they have to mess with the wires and that would void the warranty. But I see on Youtube that it is done and done by skoda service center.

Has anyone here tried to do this and not voided warranty?

Thanks.
Even I am sick and tired of constant squeaks and rattles, specially from the left side, from near the dashboard. I tried hard, but am not able to make out as to where the sound seems to be coming from. This is very annoying and it is a spoilsport every time I drive my otherwise enjoyable Slavia style 1.0 MT.
akash_m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 15:09   #1133
BHPian

I heard from Skoda Sales Lead that a price hike is coming for Slavia in April month. Anyone heard about this or else is this another Sales pitch from sales team to make the booking by month end ?
Old 7th March 2023, 12:19   #1134
BHPian

This is for those in Bangalore. Raja Skoda has a few 1.0 & 1.5 2022 manufactured Slavia & Kushaq available. They offer up to 1.6L discount on the 1.5 automatic model & close to about 1L on the 1.0 automatic. The SA says the chassis was manufactured last year but the car was assembled this year only. I think this is usual sales crap to make a sale but the discounts are very good though.

PS: I am in no way linked to Raja Skoda. I came to know as they put a campaign in my society. Suggest checking with other Skoda dealers also.
Old 8th March 2023, 12:23   #1135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
I visited Skoda showroom in person and got a test drive scheduled for a Saturday following after two weeks. The sales staff called me after a week and asked me if I would take test drive in that weekend itself. I said I was busy and that is why I had got it scheduled for the particular day.

So, one week later, on Friday, I gave a call to him and reminded him. He more than agreed. Then he called me an hour before the scheduled time on Saturday, saying that he would call me once he starts. That call is yet to come!

It is three weeks since then. When I called him one day, he said sorry. I said I was not interested in his being sorry. I told him that because of these, Skoda would always be sorry. He said we can schedule it for another day. I asked him if it would be scheduled and executed in the same way... it was not convenient for me either after that, to take the drive. Nor did they call me even once.

In fact, everything, the variant MT etc,was all fixed up. There was no confusion. But this is how the sales staff treated me.
I understand your frustration. Similar stuff happened to me wrt Honda. Didn't even get a call after registering for a test drive online. This is the kind of apathy that's shown, lol.

And I had people justifying why a huge corporate like Honda couldn't be bothered selling me their car in a time where there's loads of competition, here on our very own forum.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 19:04   #1136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
Even I am sick and tired of constant squeaks and rattles, specially from the left side, from near the dashboard.
I too have had the following two issues related to rattles and squeaks in the car:

1. A significant rattle filtering into the cabin from behind the dashboard but not related to plastic or dashboard fit. This occurs when the engine is cold near idling RPM when starting to move/inch forward. Also happens under normal running under load between 2k-2.2k RPM even on smooth roads. Was totally ruining the otherwise wonderful experience of the car.

2. Plastic squeaking around the glove box over road imperfections - less annoying than (1) but present 75% of the time.

But as is expected with these kind of annoyances, neither showed up significantly when I went twice to Tafe Skoda Service, Bangalore around 15km from home.

TLDR - both issues are almost fully fixed with help from the service center + DIY

Fix for Issue 1:
Upon my third visit to service center for mentioned rattling, issue didn't show up clearly. Service center guys were clear that they wouldn't randomly do something without actually isolating the issue. They got 2 of their "Master Technicians" from the floor to discuss with me and I agreed to leave the car behind and come the next morning to show the issue when the engine was cold.
Turned up the next day, problem showed up. Immediately a senior mechanic was also brought in and within an hour the issue was identified - Two aluminium AC pipes (inlet and return) that were in proximity to some other plastic surfaces resonated with certain frequencies of my 3-cyl 1Ltr engine causing the mentioned rattle. They have done something that has fixed this issue over the last 5 days/250km of my tests, I'm assuming some foam padding to stop the contact of said pipes and the dashboard. Rattling at ~2k hasn't been noticed even once since fix, heard a very very slight rattle at cold start just once but this was very very small and noticeable only when looking for it.

Fix for Issue 2:
The Master Technician immediately pointed to the Piano Black insert and started that's where the squeaks are coming from. Apparently the squeaks were reported a lot worse in the Kushaq. I originally wasn't convinced, but I did some testing and I'm now convinced the squeaking is in fact coming from the glovebox pressing against the glossy black strip that is apparently not of great quality.
I used some furniture scatch protecting foam things (that are typically used under furniture legs) and various points on the underside of the glossy black dashboard insert and can report that the problem is 90% gone [See pic]. It's not a pretty job in the pics, but it works to stop most of the squeaking. After a few weeks of making sure the issue is solved I intend to do a cleaner job using some better foam material.

Overall I'm happy to see the correct attitude and direction/ course of actions by the service center in this regard, though some amount of persistence and coaxing was required from my side.

For issue#1 I was told if a good number of people report the problem (at least 5-6), Skoda engineering may design some kind of a brace/mount for the AC pipes to stop the rattling. Folks here facing similar issues can report the same, hopefully something may come out of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-img20230308162235.jpg  

Skoda Slavia Review-img20230308162121.jpg  

Last edited by Game_of_Roads : 9th March 2023 at 19:16. Reason: fixing typos
Game_of_Roads is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 01:08   #1137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
Even I am sick and tired of constant squeaks and rattles, specially from the left side, from near the dashboard. I tried hard, but am not able to make out as to where the sound seems to be coming from. This is very annoying and it is a spoilsport every time I drive my otherwise enjoyable Slavia style 1.0 MT.
Same here. Last time I got it fixed they said there were some loose clippings behind the dashboard.

However the noise came up on my recent Bombay to Rohtak run. I'll be going to visit ASC on Monday & escalate the matter.
Old 12th March 2023, 08:17   #1138
BHPian

I am in the market for a new car for my wife. Have shorlisted Slavia and Virtus. It will be chauffeur driven on weekdays and by myself on weekends. My wife likes the looks of Slavia and even I find it’s interiors more appealing than virtus. I have read somewhere that the suspension of Virtus is better. I have test driven both before reading this , on the highway but did not feel much difference. Variant to variant Virtus is giving more features. Like in middle highline it has 10 inch screen, led headlights, Crome on back bumper, wireless apple carplay at same price point.
My heart is inclined towards 1.5 tsi but mind suggests 1.0 . I am getting good discount on both the models. But 1.5 tsi is 2022 December model. What would be a better option.

Also I have test driven Honda city manual and Slavia 1.0 manual back to back for a short drive on open road. I found drive and looks of Slavia more appealing. What should be a good choice keeping in mind the four year service package and warranty of 6 years on Škoda and V.W twins.

Last edited by Sandeep500 : 12th March 2023 at 08:18.
Sandeep500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 08:31   #1139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep500 View Post
I am in the market for a new car for my wife. Have shorlisted Slavia and Virtus. It will be chauffeur driven on weekdays and by myself on weekends. My wife likes the looks of Slavia and even I find it’s interiors more appealing than virtus. I have read somewhere that the suspension of Virtus is better. I have test driven both before reading this , on the highway but did not feel much difference. Variant to variant Virtus is giving more features. Like in middle highline it has 10 inch screen, led headlights, Crome on back bumper, wireless apple carplay at same price point.
My heart is inclined towards 1.5 tsi but mind suggests 1.0 . I am getting good discount on both the models. But 1.5 tsi is 2022 December model. What would be a better option.

Also I have test driven Honda city manual and Slavia 1.0 manual back to back for a short drive on open road. I found drive and looks of Slavia more appealing. What should be a good choice keeping in mind the four year service package and warranty of 6 years on Škoda and V.W twins.
Go for the Slavia. Do you really care for a stupid chrome sticker on the rear bumper in the Virtus?

P.S: the SA who gave us a TD of the Virtus last week told us that the VW had a smaller screen than the Slavia. At first glance, that seemed obvious enough. Didn't asking him what size it specifically was though.

I had my heart sold on the Virtus before the B2b test drives, but now I feel like the Slavia is a better overall buy. Maybe I'll drive them both again some other time....
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 11:39   #1140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peugeot96 View Post
My slavia's pucc is up for testing but the emission testing centers here in BLR do not have the model listed yet in the software they use and hence no testing for the slavia. Anyone else facing the same issue?
I faced the same issue too. But I learnt you don't require emission certificate before 1 year of Registration
samsristi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks