Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2022, 21:14   #316

Re: Jeep Meridian Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulmohars View Post
My new Jeep Meridian arrived yesterday. Now at Ceramic Pro for the coating
Sharing the Before and After of the Jeep Meridian Ceramic Coating by Ceramic Pro. Apart from the Gloss you cannot really differentiate in the pics. However, the ceramic coated look will remain this way for several years if maintained.

I had done Ceramic Coating on my 320d and the gloss and look did not change even after 3.5 years and fetched an amazing price (ofcourse yearly maintenance is done by Ceramic Pro)

If you cannot afford the PPF, Ceramic Coating is a bare minimum to ensure the car does not age fast. But pls do the same at a reputed dealer of coating. There are plenty today in the market providing this service at very low rates and am not sure about the efficacy. Always negotiate for best rates.

On PDI for JEEP:

Highly recommend that you do a thorough PDI. My experience was not so great. The Car that i was initially allotted had a plastic coverall on Pillar A not fitted properly. The Central control plastic coverall was also loose and then there was some paint smudge on the plastic below rear door. After thorough review was able to establish that it was not any denting/ painting but housekeeping issue at the paint shop/ factory followed by poor QC and then poor PDI from the dealer.

After waiting another week, they replaced the vehicle for which i did a PDI again and cleared for registration. However post delivery during review along with Ceramic Pro (same afternoon) found a small chip on the Black Top paint that converges on the boot. Not an extensively visible chip but just reflects poorly on Jeep QC.

For all those friends on Team-BHP, please do a thorough PDI. Do take help of friends/ relatives to do a thorough review before registration/ delivery.
Attached Images

gulmohars is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 12:55   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsynch View Post
3%-5% Increase in Jeep models from 1st Sept.

Better availability Vs competition seems to be the driving factor here.
Has Jeep increased the price ?
I had a word with the dealership and the SA said that Wrangler and Compass prices have been hiked but no word on Meridian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
I had a word with the dealership and the SA said that Wrangler and Compass prices have been hiked but no word on Meridian.
Compass price hiked by Rs 90 k , Wrangler by Rs 1.5 Lakh. No word on the price hike of the Meridian.

I was checking online and there have been instances documented on Team BHP and other online platforms where customers have shared issues with the car.

Source:Twitter and Facebook.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Meridian Review-d4ab8fa606f941988d080bd8c4257ccd.jpeg  

Jeep Meridian Review-f1ad0d3150074c31b8928611f09f3570.jpeg  

Jeep Meridian Review-80e3bfdd292e4ea09f430db6f3e95d47.jpeg  

Jeep Meridian Review-09b380c94df44501816521acb6c55a03.jpeg  

Jeep Meridian Review-1bb53ffe1f534a8cacb3f95e0e89404b.jpeg  

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd September 2022 at 03:11. Reason: Back to back posts merged
ishlinea7260 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 20:28   #318
pqr
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pqr View Post
Well, Jeep India seriously needs to re-work on the Meridian product strategy. They should introduce a new powerful turbo petrol engine, re-tune the existing diesel engine for higher power and torque output, and add a sliding rear seat bench to liberate more rear space. Else, Meridian would settle down to a 200-300 level in the near future, just like the old underpowered CKD Kodiaq TDI (doing 150-200 units a month), defeating the very purpose of RHD's export-oriented production strategy Jeep has.
Jeep Meridian sales look sluggish. I was expecting Jeep to succeed with the launch of the Meridian, but it seems like Jeep has some other plans. It's really sad to see these numbers.
  • June: 1,071
  • July: 440
  • August: 400
pqr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 12:01   #319
BHPian

Experience with Jeep (company & dealership)? Considering Meridian?

Hey Everyone

A few months ago I asked about Skoda Kodiaq as a friend of mine had suggested it. Since I decided not to go with Skoda, I kept looking for options for my next car. Jeep Meridian has been suggested to me by some & I just wanted to check how people's experience has been with Jeep so far.

I did a search on Jeep in this forum & that did not paint a pretty picture of customer experience with them. I live in Delhi & I think there's only one dealer here - Landmark. And I have not come across any positive experience being shared about them.

Is customer experience with Jeep & their dealerships really bad? Any happy Jeep customers in Delhi?

Thanks for your opinions, suggestions & advice - in advance.
Old 3rd September 2022, 23:53   #320
BHPian

Re: Experience with Jeep (company & dealership)? Considering Meridian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitgupta View Post
I did a search on Jeep in this forum & that did not paint a pretty picture of customer experience with them.
I have had a similar experience.
Social media has many examples of customers unhappy with their purchase of the Jeep Meridian.

Me and my friends are on the fence whether to buy one or not.

Here’s what I found on twitter today.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Meridian Review-09c6f04e481345d6bac3d3fa656c588f.jpeg  

ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 15:40   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Everyone

A few months ago I asked about Skoda Kodiaq as a friend of mine had suggested it. Since I decided not to go with Skoda, I kept looking for options for my next car. Jeep Meridian has been suggested to me by some & I just wanted to check how people's experience has been with Jeep so far.

I did a search on Jeep in this forum & that did not paint a pretty picture of customer experience with them. I live in Delhi & I think there's only one dealer here - Landmark. And I have not come across any positive experience being shared about them.

Is customer experience with Jeep & their dealerships really bad? Any happy Jeep customers in Delhi?

Thanks for your opinions, suggestions & advice - in advance.
Bought my Meridian 4X2 AT Ltd O from Landmark Delhi about 2 months back. The dealership experience was pathetic however the car has been good so far. You read about any car review, even Toyota Fortuner on online forums and you will come across some or the other unfortunate owner review which will compel you to doubt the company and the vehicle totally. I would suggest spend good time with the test vehicle, review the options you have (not many in this segment) and take a call. The car in my opinion does not justify its price tag but then again, which car does that now a days since prices have gone through the roof all across.
Jainudit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 18:27   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jainudit View Post
The car in my opinion does not justify its price tag but then again
Yeah that's what I felt. I took a test drive this weekend of Limited(O) AT 4x2 (which is what I'm interested in) and it did not feel like a 40 lacs car. The interiors did not feel premium for a 40 lacs car. IMO its ~10 lacs more than it should be. The ride quality was really nice, suspension was great even for a test vehicle, the body felt really solid & that was it on the plus side.

I'm seriously on the fence now. I was waiting for Tucson (I don't really need a 7-seater, but a 5-seater with boot) but it seems like Hyundai has removed a bunch of QoL things from it as well like paddle-shifters, etc. Also with increased price tag, the 4x2 model of it would come to ~34 lacs which again looks like overpriced! The last gen model below 30 lacs was still reasonable for what it offered - a premium urban SUV.

Bah! I dunno. Maybe I'll postpone at this point or get something else a segment below & then see if something good comes out in next 3-4 years.
Old 5th September 2022, 19:37   #323
BHPian

Quote:
You read about any car review, even Toyota Fortuner on online forums and you will come across some or the other unfortunate owner review which will compel you to doubt the company and the vehicle totally
Congratulations for getting the new Meridian. I am in the market for a 7 seater car as well. Had taken the test drive of the Meridian from Landmark Mumbai a few days ago. Although the car drives well the number of complaints are way too high assuming just over a 1,000 meridians are actually on the roads at the moment. Even 10 complaints reported (which means there will be multiples more) are extremely high for such a low base of 1,000+. One will be hardpressed to find any other vehicle this side of 30 big ones with such low reliability scores (wrt to reported issues in public domain)

Quote:
The car in my opinion does not justify its price tag but then again, which car does that now a days since prices have gone through the roof all across.
This is so true, in February 2020 I did not pull the trigger on Kodiaq Style for 38 lacs with extended warranty thrown in as well. Now the same car and model in petrol is 48 lacs. However given the issues with Meridian it may make sense to book the Kodiaq and in the next one year if Meridian is able to improve on the reliability there's always the option to cancel the Kodiaq booking and get the readily available Meridian.
Old 8th September 2022, 00:46   #324

I brought home my handsome Meridian 4x4 Limited (O) some days ago. As some previous posts may indicate, I researched thoroughly & checked all options over a period of 6+ weeks. Finally, pulled the trigger with 100% satisfaction. Absolutely in love with the beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarersc300 View Post
Although the car drives well the number of complaints are way too high assuming just over a 1,000 meridians are actually on the roads at the moment. Even 10 complaints reported (which means there will be multiples more) are extremely high for such a low base of 1,000+.
IMO happy (thrilled?) customers like me are far less likely to be vocal & the few complaints likely to be amplified. Over these several days, I've neither posted nor told my friends about my purchase & satisfaction. This is the first post!

PS. Perhaps the # is closer to 2,000 already. FWIW I think the car & its quality are fantastic.

Theory: The Jeep brand is HUGE. Landmark on the other hand is a regular plain big, impersonal, run-off-the-mill dealership but larger. A typical Meridian buyer has high expectations, is social media savvy & Landmark doesn't make things feel "special" like SAs of my previous cars (like Tata, Ford, GM, Honda, Hyundai) did. It's a management issue Landmark should fix.

Example: I didn't get a delivery formality because my SA went on a test drive to make another sale!

Does it make the car any less fantastic? No.
But did I feel anger at Landmark? Absolutely.

I said the choicest words to the SA in my head & moved on celebrating a cherished moment instead of making it about Landmark or the silly SA.

I repeat - the car itself is fantastic & I'm very happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarersc300 View Post
it may make sense to book the Kodiaq
I cancelled my Kodiaq booking in favor of Meridian. IMO Skoda doesn't seem serious about the Kodiaq. More Meridians have been sold in 3 months than Kodiaqs for the entire 12 months. What assurance does that offer in terms of maintaining the car in the long run? IDK. I felt in terms of practicality, ruggedness, looks, maintenance & resale - Meridian offered more joy.

Quote:
Limited(O) AT 4x2 ... IMO its ~10 lacs more than it should be... ...Tucson... ....which again looks like overpriced!
IMO every car feels overpriced. I read advice on Team BHP to accept this fact. I set an amount I was willing to overpay for ANY car & decided on overall joy of ownership & utility. Anyway, longer you keep the car happily, the amount you overpay averages down!

Quote:
Landmark Delhi... ...The dealership experience was pathetic however the car has been good so far. You read about any car review, even Toyota Fortuner on online forums and you will come across some or the other unfortunate owner review which will compel you to doubt the company and the vehicle totally.
100% agree. Landmark left somethings to be desired for me as well. But the car is fantastic!

Quote:
95% of my experience was good.
Expect them to be like any other dealership.
I'm very happy with the car.

I had a minor clarification/information issue, Jeep backend team was very prompt.
Machine_Mania is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 10:17   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine_Mania View Post
I brought home my handsome Meridian 4x4 Limited (O) some days ago.
Congratulations and welcome to the club. The membership is pretty thin as of now so any new addition is great. Wishing you an enjoyable experience with the car. I have liked what I have experienced so far, just that so much negative publicity has made me highly skeptical almost to the point of waiting for some problem to happen.
I sincerely hope the dealership improves. My very strong feedback to their senior management was that your SAs are still to realize they are now almost into a luxury segment customer with the Meridian and that customer base expects a lot more from you.
Jainudit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 11:42   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post

I was checking online and there have been instances documented on Team BHP and other online platforms where customers have shared issues with the car.
Source:Twitter and Facebook.
Posting on behalf of my BIL who has purchased a Meridian in Bhubaneswar on the 20th of August. He also faced the issue of battery drain couple of days back. The showroom folks showed up and recharged the battery and now it is all good, but no explanation on the battery drain.
Folks having similar experience have you received any feedback from FCA. Also does your drive pattern includes multiple short drives during the day.
Old 9th September 2022, 20:57   #327
BHPian

Dear Jeep Meridian Owners what’s the real world feedback of the car.Any major issues faced?
How is the performance during highway overtaking. Real world FE in city and Highway?
I am very close on finalising the Meridian Limited (O) 4x4 variant. Only other car we considered was the Kodiaq, Loved the engine and gearbox combo but it lacks the off road capability as compared to Meridian.

Last edited by viky_s : 9th September 2022 at 21:00.
Old 9th September 2022, 22:44   #328

Quote:
Originally Posted by viky_s View Post
Dear Jeep Meridian Owners what’s the real world feedback of the car.Any major issues faced?
How is the performance during highway overtaking. Real world FE in city and Highway?
I am very close on finalising the Meridian Limited (O) 4x4 variant. Only other car we considered was the Kodiaq, Loved the engine and gearbox combo but it lacks the off road capability as compared to Meridian.
It's almost 2000 km now on my Meridian in about one month, and thoroughly loving it. It's a really heavy and sturdy car, just feels so solid and reassuring on the road and on acute curves on hill climbs too. The ride quality is excellent, very easy steering (for a large car), the suspension is really good and NVH and sound isolation is really impressive.

I don't really care about FE, but including highway and city (Bangalore) it's about 10 according to the dashboard.

The minus points were all well known, so I'm not surprised - cramped third row, no ADAS or other fancy features, etc.

All in all, I'm quite happy with the car so far.
shansense is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 16:19   #329

Quote:
Originally Posted by viky_s View Post
Congratulations! Your post gives me a sense of deja vu

I'm taking my JM on the highway today for a road-trip today. Been planning since the day I got the car home! Honestly, this trip has come about more because of my desire to drive the car this weekend.

So far my experience in City driving has been great. FE in the city for me has been around 10. Have extensively used Cruise Control in open stretches, Auto Hold in busy traffic. Maneuverability has been excellent. I've confidently taken it through lanes I wouldn't have expected (this early on, at least!) thanks to the reassuring handling & the 360 degree camera.

At a couple of points, I did chance upon bad stretches / mounds of sand where I also engaged the 4x4 for thrills. Lol.

The initial bit of lag aside (which you may be familiar with if you've driven Diesel cars before), the car lunges forward quite well around the 3000 rpm mark. I will be testing this quite well today on the highway.

Cheers!
Machine_Mania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 19:10   #330
BHPian

Fellow Bhpians today finally after an long City and Highway TD finally decided to Book the Meridian.

Happy to announce that we have booked The Jeep Meridian 4x4 Limited (O). Delivery expected by month end.
Thanks to all Bhpians for the feedback and awesome reviews. Especially @Axe77, @Suhaas307 and @Crazy Driver for their reviews.

What all accessories should i go for from Mopar?
I am taking the Slush Mats and the Mud flaps.

Last edited by viky_s : 10th September 2022 at 19:38.
viky_s is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed