Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2022, 12:45   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyocean View Post
I scouted through Bengaluru through various dealerships to see the vehicle in flesh and blood.
The Scorpio is not offered in petrol 4x4. It comes only in the diesel. How can they have a petrol 4x4 TD car? Not possible.

Last edited by Turbanator : 5th July 2022 at 13:46. Reason: Please quote only relevant portion.
Dippy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 12:52   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
The Scorpio is not offered in petrol 4x4. It comes only in the diesel. How can they have a petrol 4x4 TD car? Not possible.
Hey thanks for that, it was a mistake while typing. The highlight there was that all TD cars in Bengaluru were decided to be a Petrol.
Old 5th July 2022, 13:19   #228
BHPian

Today my sales executive called to ask for KYC documents and a screenshot of add to cart page. Dealers are asked to that.
In Thane (MH) too, they only have Petrol Automatic for test drives. They are still waiting for Diesel TD Vehicle. My SA says, that should be available in a next 3-4 days.
Old 5th July 2022, 13:20   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Add to Cart worked very well, quite a quick and easy process. Now, let us see how July 30 goes, with the actual booking. I think Z8 Diesel Auto 4WD has everything one needs and then some, whether on-road or off-road. Hopefully the price comes in at or below 20 lakhs. The Diesel 2WD MT Z8 is 17.49 lakhs, so adding a lakh for AT and 1.5 lakhs for AWD, the Z8 AT 4WD will come in at 19.99 and that will make it a great value product.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot-20220705-1.20.21-pm.png  

84.monsoon is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 13:31   #230

It might sound like a noob question, but why is Mahindra creating competition for itself?? Like who will buy the upcoming Scorpio Classic facelift when the big daddy Scorpio N is aldredy revealed and also its in almost the same price bracket. Shouldn't they have first discontinued the Scorpio classic rather than giving it a facelift?
SGK99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 13:47   #231

After reading all the reviews (good/bad and ugly !), am seriously hoping Mahindra brings the Marazzo back to life (they stopped M8 long back and I had to settle for M6+)
it has the best of boot + indoor space + AC !
hariswami is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 13:48   #232
BHPian

The choice variant added to cart. I am assuming that because of tyre size difference and steel vs alloy wheels difference the price between MT and AT can be more than expected. Either that or they will be overpricing the manual variants. Can’t wait for the festive season.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-e0a5adae2daa49c4af3001576aca0242.jpeg
kushgandhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 13:55   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGK99 View Post
It might sound like a noob question, but why is Mahindra creating competition for itself?? Like who will buy the upcoming Scorpio Classic facelift when the big daddy Scorpio N is aldredy revealed and also its in almost the same price bracket. Shouldn't they have first discontinued the Scorpio classic rather than giving it a facelift?
I think they want to err on the side of caution. The Scorpio Classic still sells in sizeable numbers. They have a fully depreciated platform and all the niggles have been sorted out in its 3rd generation which is on sale from 2014. Any money they make on the Scorpio Classic would be a bonus and will add on to the bucket they make from the ScorpioN. Plus it's very difficult to predict how customers would react. Case in point in the Bolero, the Chassic still outsells the Neo, imagine if that scenario gets repeated in with the Scorpio. The demand from the hinterland is very strong for the Classic, that population might not readily take to the ScorpioN
TheARUN is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 13:59   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGK99 View Post
It might sound like a noob question, but why is Mahindra creating competition for itself??
I can see this is your first post; welcome to the forum.

This is one of the FAQ and has been ordered many times. Simply look at the MSIL product lineup and see how many models/variants of their cars overlapping each other.

The Scorpio Classic will be available as long as the demand is there, including but not limited to various institutional / government orders.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 14:11   #235
BHPian

Finally after lot of contemplation on color, went with the heart . Would request tbhp'ians to post their cart, it is good to know the choices of an informed community.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot-20220705-140621.png  

Bluebird_7 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 14:20   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird_7 View Post
Finally after lot of contemplation on color, went with the heart . Would request tbhp'ians to post their cart, it is good to know the choices of an informed community.
I have added Z8 L D AT AWD. Simple reason is that don't want any audio upgrade later and hope sony would be good enough though I agree that premium for L is steep.
alokk0912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 14:37   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
12. Roof rails are thin and flexible in comparison to old one.
13. Footboard is also thin and flexible in comparison to old one, but it is necessary to protect the running board/door.
14. Bonnet is #&@# heavy, we used to sit on the old one's bonnet, this one is even better.
17. Felt-like lined wheel well - in a Scorpio....Same sort of lining for engine splash shield underneath.
Voah. That is some keen eyes. I couldn't even notice half of what you mentioned in the 5 minutes I spend with the vehicle.

Didn't notice the footboard, but it didn't feel flimsy when I used it (one had to). Didn't check whether it bended with weight. Though IMO the roof rails of the old one also felt kinda flexible, atleast the plastic bits move when force is used. (The Kushaq roofrails felt the most strong of recent vehicles. though the SA said it was not load bearing) BTW, the SA said the roof rails of the new Scorpio could carry upto 60kgs.

Not just the bonnet, all body panels feel well built compared to the old Scorpio. The bonnet IS heavy, makes one wonder why hydraulic struts were not given when the old Scorpio already had it.
Felt-like lined wheel well? That is cool. Ahem.. Innova, take notes... But the engine splash guard? The side facing the engine or ground? The engine guard to me felt kinda flimsy. The plastic felt thinner than even the one in the Etios.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 15:21   #238
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru80 View Post
If you're considering Z4, it has to be an auto. Manual is missing the safety kit:
Thanks for suggestion. Yes I know, But I am particular on manual transmission and next available 4wd MT is expensive by 4 lacs. I will mostly settle for this, or change my preference as window to alter cart is open. Thanks again.

Cheers,
HTC
Old 5th July 2022, 15:37   #239
BHPian

In my opinion, we should wait till say 26th / 27th to add what we want in cart. Especially if you are opting for Automatic and 4x4. Having it in cart today, doesn't give us any kind of preference during the booking process on 30th.

What it might actually do is, let Mahindra folks know about the demand for automatic 4x4 version and that would help them to price it on the higher side. Just see that Z8 L Manual Diesel is already pegged at 19.49. If that being the case, Z8 L Auto diesel 4x4 might get priced at par with equivalent XUV 700 top version, based on what we all are putting in our cart today (Auto 4x4 top version).

Yes, I agree that both SUVs are from different segments. But when they have detuned the engine for Scorpio N and removed more than 11 features including Panoramic sunroof, it should ideally get priced equivalently. This is just my personal opinion!
prajakt_23 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 15:48   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajakt_23 View Post
In my opinion, we should wait till say 26th / 27th to add what we want in cart. Especially if you are opting for Automatic and 4x4. Having it in cart today, doesn't give us any kind of preference during the booking process on 30th.

What it might actually do is, let Mahindra folks know about the demand for automatic 4x4 version and that would help them to price it on the higher side.
Could not agree more with you on this. There is absolutely no sense to add Automatic and 4WD before prices are revealed. Its only helping Mahindra and not us
saurabh041086 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks