Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2022, 20:10   #586
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Toyota Hyryder (Hybrid): Delivery Experience !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzn View Post
Congrats on the ride! Looking forward to your next video.
Thanks
Quote:
Wanted to check if you remembered the number of bars the battery had during delivery and what is the process, as well as how long did it take, to bring it up to 5/6 (or the maximum) bars?
I do not remember the bars on delivery but the car on the 1st start started off as an EV hence it would have some charge for sure.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 16:56   #587
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Went to the Toyota showroom in Noida. Our Hyryder is here and I did a quick PDI with a friend. I must say that it looks good in Dual Tone White + Black!

Delivery tomorrow, stay tuned for some regular updates. I will try a hypermiling run tomorrow from the office to home once I get the car. Target 26kmpl.

Shot of the car at the showroom!

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-20221103_132904.jpg
vividhavasthi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 08:38   #588
BHPian

Took delivery of the Hyryder (Red DT with 53km on odometer) yesterday but with the rains in Chennai and that it’s been through ceramic coating, haven’t driven it outside of the drive back home. I hope to use the weekend better and will post an update with photos shortly. Only point noted (post delivery) is the TPMS readings were blank. I am hoping it will reset itself with driving. I got side skirting, mudflaps and door sill guard as accessories besides Ceramic coating (done at the dealer end despite the best advice from this forum as I thought I was saving time and package was comparable).

I remember ranting about the Toyota Sales experience but it did get better once September began and Lanson Toyota was professional about things and the entire delivery process was seamless. I am guilty of not doing a detailed PDI (despite carrying the Team BHP checklist yesterday) but with the rain pelting and the dealer having likely addressed paint defects during the Ceramic coating, I felt comfortable.
Audik75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 13:04   #589
BHPian

Bought home a October 2022 manufacture Enticing Silver Toyota Hyryder S (Strong Hybrid) yesterday.
Personally, I think the S variant is the most VFM and if you are chauffeur driven then ideal since no sunroof equates into a lot of headroom in the back seats.

Car allocation was handled by the dealer directly, even though I did not know when the car would be delivered, the process was seamless.
Hyryder is fun to drive, coming from a daily drive of Diesel Crysta, road noise and overall NVH is an improvement, car is almost too silent.

Will drive some more in the next 2-3 days and click some decent photos too.
Aniket03 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 13:49   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket03 View Post
Bought home a October 2022 manufacture Enticing Silver Toyota Hyryder S (Strong Hybrid) yesterday.
Personally, I think the S variant is the most VFM and if you are chauffeur driven then ideal since no sunroof equates into a lot of headroom in the back seats.

Car allocation was handled by the dealer directly, even though I did not know when the car would be delivered, the process was seamless.
Hyryder is fun to drive, coming from a daily drive of Diesel Crysta, road noise and overall NVH is an improvement, car is almost too silent.

Will drive some more in the next 2-3 days and click some decent photos too.
Big time congrats! Pics please, as I think you are one of the firsts to get the S variant Hybrid. I also think this variant is great VFM if you don’t want bells and whistles.
Old 4th November 2022, 13:53   #591
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividhavasthi View Post
Our Hyryder is here and I did a quick PDI with a friend.
Congratulations!

Quote:
Target 26kmpl.
Will be achieved easily as I recently got my best FE within City so far with moderate traffic conditions;

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-img_8510.jpg

karan561 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 14:37   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Congratulations!

Will be achieved easily as I recently got my best FE within City so far with moderate traffic conditions;

Will try to beat this, but Noida to Delhi in the evening is really bad - lets see what happens.
vividhavasthi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 20:27   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your new ride! I have booked the same variant and same color too and would love to see the pics.

Did you get any accessories added?
Old 4th November 2022, 22:17   #594
BHPian

Quote:
if you are chauffeur driven then ideal since no sunroof equates into a lot of headroom in the back seats.
This is good to know. Any idea how much extra headroom the exclusion of sunroof frees up? I found the variants with sunroof a bit tight.
Old 4th November 2022, 23:22   #595
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Congratulations!

Attachment 2375196

Awesome

Your ownership experience will motivate me to buy the Hyryder ,
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 16:12   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
As per what the Sales Rep told me there is no navigation info on the HUD. It is the same unit as the Brezza.
Clearing the air on navigation on the HUD. The HUD does display navigation when paired on Apple CarPlay. Attaching a screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-3259fd8e0bc943e4a50a5a0617378535.jpeg  

Audik75 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 17:21   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzn View Post
Congrats on your new ride!
Did you get any accessories added?
Thank you. I just got 3D floormats, Boot mat and mudflaps totaling to Rs. 6106 installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdhikR View Post
This is good to know. Any idea how much extra headroom the exclusion of sunroof frees up?
If the passenger is 6 feet tall, even then there is a good 3-4 inches of headroom in the back. Even if the car goes over bumps, the head doesn't touch. Attaching a photo of the sales rep, in the back. He is 6ft tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Big time congrats! Pics please, as I think you are one of the firsts to get the S variant Hybrid. I also think this variant is great VFM if you don’t want bells and whistles.
Thank you, attaching some exterior pictures.
Have driven roughly 250kms in 2 days, mostly in the city. I have got a mileage of 23kmpl till now, which only seems to be increasing. Will update regarding mileage in a week once the car runs atleast 500 kms more
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-hy1.jpeg  

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-hy2.jpeg  

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-hy3.jpeg  

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-hyh.jpeg  

Aniket03 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 19:07   #598
Senior - BHPian

I'm liking the no-frills version of the hyryder. Glass is heavy and the lack of sun-roof will save quite a bit of weight which should see increased efficiency. Maybe its the colour, the S variant posted above looks simple and beautiful.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 21:31   #599
BHPian

The S variant of the Hyryder is looks like a pretty good deal. A full hybrid that's great for the city and the occasional at a price that's at par with the mid-range Nexon EVs.

I have an inkling that Toyota will axe the S hybrid variant as the 6 airbag mandates comes into force. That's the only really desirable feature separating this from the top end variants.
AdhikR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 13:51   #600
BHPian

I have the following queries (mostly for S-variant Strong Hybrid model):

1. How does the strong hybrid perform on winding and twisting mountain roads specially while climbing up?

2. How are the halogen headlamps performing at night? Specially while driving in the highways and expressways? Any headlamp upgrade within legal limits (Philips Xtremevision G-force or OSRAM) is recommended or Stock headlamps are sufficient? Is there any projector with the halogens or it is normal reflector headlamps?

3. How is the brake? During the test drives I didn't find it good.

4. Owners please share the photographs of the battery pack surface visible. Is there any branding information visible? Kindly share the details of possible. (During test drives both NEXA and Toyota guys denied to show me that part removing the boot cover).

5. Did anyone install the dual channel dashcams? How did you route the cables? Does the connection through hardwiring kit void warranty for Toyota?

6. What is the expected life of the battery pack and the replacement cost? I understand exact estimation may not be possible considering high inflation and other sourcing factors. Is there any battery pack buyback program?

7. Any feedback from the owners of mountain states like Uttarakhand, Himachal, J&K, Sikkim and North-east?

8. We often hear about pure EVs catching fire. How safe is the hybrid cars in that respect? In NCR, Rajasthan etc. we have to keep the car parked under the sun for the entire day. Is there any detrimental effect on battery life? Same query for near zero or sub-zero temperature in winters in the hills.
RijuC is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks